Pochi & Nya proto FOUND!

Shito

King of Typists,
20 Year Member
Well, I've located one of those protos made for expos and fairs.
Quite expencive stuff, anyway.
I'm wondering if anyone maybe interested.

Discuss.

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
Cool find... but

1) Isn't it scheduled for release soon?
2) Do you actually have it?
3) Was it complete when you saw it?

And yes, I am interested.

-Nick

SuperGun

Proto Hunter
20 Year Member
priority: get the game code number!

sure i am interested.
and i'll take it.

send me along the information such as location and asking price. (i assume in Europe, perhaps more specifically Italy)

more importantly however, whoever this individual is that has the beta in his hands right now, regardless of what they do with it from now, it is IMPERITIVE that you have him tell you the game code etched on the games roms or written on the games eproms (whichever the case may be).

we are PRAYING for 267 to be that number. otherwise, we may have a SERIOUS problem on our hands.
:oh_no:

your best efforts are much appreciated.
please get that number!
Billy Pitt

tsukaesugi

Holy shit, it's a ninja!,
OmegaSaber said:
What will the SERIOUS problem involve?

If the eproms have '267' printed on them, then everything is OK.

The problem is if they have 'Dion' scrawled on them in magic marker.

chimpmeister

Former Moderator
Shito said:
Well, I've located one of those protos made for expos and fairs.
Quite expencive stuff, anyway.
I'm wondering if anyone maybe interested.

Discuss.

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz................... :lol:

Neo Bomber Man

Miracle Seller, , ,
OmegaSaber said:
What will the SERIOUS problem involve?

Throwing off many theories & hypotheses about what the unreleased MVS titles are, I presume, which could possibly thus relegate one of the existing prototypes to be a hack, or could cause other conflicts with known/"known" MVS numbers for particular games, other strange possibilities.

Who knows, I'm only guessing myself.

BarfHappy

NAM-75 Vet
Yeah, Celine allways screwup what *she* gets in *her* hands.
another NGF neo-geo USA official release ???

aria

Former Moderator
Wait, I'm having a semantic problem with this:

Are we talking about a proto or a Promotional Copy?

There ought to be a big difference.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Bobak said:
Wait, I'm having a semantic problem with this:

Are we talking about a proto or a Promotional Copy?

There ought to be a big difference.

Well in theory they'd be the same if the game never saw a release, but it seems it will...so I dunno. I'm still wondering if this is a joke thread or not myself.

I would say proto if it never sees a release, but promo if it does see a release, although to sell it cart only as a promo after the release it would have to have something distinguishable from a normal cart.

Shito

King of Typists,
20 Year Member
Hi my friends,

as for this proto I was just able to track and get the one copy having been exibited during the ENADA Arcade Expo in Rome. You would remember I actually posted a mini review for pochy to nya, as I tested it in that occasion.

This copy I got it's indeed a 100% complete game, including intros, cut, scenes, dialog, full english mode.

I've no way to access the debug code, anyway. I've nor any intention of opening the cart itself. I'm nothing like a technician. On the other hand I paid a very high price for this proto, which was of course not even for sale in the first place.

I'm interested in selling the proto, but that's clearly depending on the offers I get for it. Any offer is thus very welcome.

Thank you for your interst,

Gualtiero Cannarsi

Last edited:

Amano Jacu

Charles Barkley
Shito said:
Hi my friends,

as for this proto I was just able to track and get the one copy having been exibited during the ENADA Arcade Expo in Rome you would remember I actually posted a mini review for pochy to nya, as I tested it in that occasion.

This copy i got it's indeed a 100% complete game including intros cut scenes dialog, full english mode.

I've no way to access the debug code, anyway. I nor any intention of opening the cart itself. I'm nothing like a technitians. On the other hand I paid a very high price for this proto, which was of course no even for sale in the first place.

I made interested in selling the proto, but that's clearly depending on the offer I get for it. Any offer is thus very welcome.

Gualtiero Cannarsi

If you have access to a MVS board with a unibios, you can check that number. I guess that depending on what number it is it may mean there is another unreleased game nobody knows about and that may have another proto to hunt for.

Still, I don't see the big deal nor the interest in owning a promotional copy of a game that is supposed (although it always gets delayed) this month... You just got the pleasure to play the game before anybody else for a high price. Of course, if it finally gets cancelled then its value would skyrocket.

Finally, I am very disappointed a promotional cart like this can be sold to a particular person before the game's actual release... We can be sure Shito won't do anything bad with it, but if it went to the wrong hands we could see bootlegs of the game going rampant just now... :crying:

SuperGun

Proto Hunter
20 Year Member
for Gualtiero Cannarsi

Shito said:
Hi my friends,

as for this proto I was just able to track and get the one copy having been exibited during the ENADA Arcade Expo in Rome you would remember I actually posted a mini review for pochy to nya, as I tested it in that occasion.

This copy i got it's indeed a 100% complete game including intros cut scenes dialog, full english mode.

I've no way to access the debug code, anyway. I nor any intention of opening the cart itself. I'm nothing like a technitians. On the other hand I paid a very high price for this proto, which was of course no even for sale in the first place.

I made interested in selling the proto, but that's clearly depending on the offer I get for it. Any offer is thus very welcome.

Gualtiero Cannarsi

Ciao,
Sono molto interesaato a questo jioco.
Cuale' e il prezzo? Cuanto vuole lei?
Ho altre domande.
Per favore mi manda un email.
grazie,
Billy Pitt

:cool::rolleyes: :cool:

SuperGun

Proto Hunter
20 Year Member
when is a proto a proto?

Amano Jacu said:
If you have access to a MVS board with a unibios, you can check that number. I guess that depending on what number it is it may mean there is another unreleased game nobody knows about and that may have another proto to hunt for.

Still, I don't see the big deal nor the interest in owning a promotional copy of a game that is supposed (although it always gets delayed) this month... You just got the pleasure to play the game before anybody else for a high price. Of course, if it finally gets cancelled then its value would skyrocket.

Finally, I am very disappointed a promotional cart like this can be sold to a particular person before the game's actual release... We can be sure Shito won't do anything bad with it, but if it went to the wrong hands we could see bootlegs of the game going rampant just now... :crying:

Regarding your first paragraph, yes, that is the "serious problem" that I speak of. Once these games fall "out of reach", finding them becomes a treasure hunt. (more like a crap shoot) This has already happened 18 times in the past (neo-geo wise) and we simply don't need it happening anymore. Getting the game code number is PARAMOUNT to everything else.

Regarding your second paragraph, your right, other then bragging rights, having a game before it is released...especially if you pay like crazy for it...is un-neccessary and of little interest to most people. However, as you said, if the game ends up never getting released, then it becomes QUITE the opposite. The value of a promotional / preliminary / proto / etc. copy of a RELEASED game is nothing compared to that of the value of an UN-RELEASED game.

Regarding your third paragraph, you need to understand something very key to the whole proto scene. First off, the game was most likely not suppossed to be "sold" to anyone. The exibitors at the ENADA show probably gave it to a local distributor or operator who is among their best customers. Its intention was probably to be used on location for testing revenue potential for the game. However, depending on the arrangement or terms under which the game was sold or given to them, they may or may not be able to sell it or "give it away" if they want to.

You need to realize what I have been stating for over 10 years, which is the fact that this is exactly what happened to the other dozen or so as of yet undiscovered proto cartridges. They ARE out there, they are simply hard as hell to find. Now a days with the internet, communications are far superior then they were 10 years ago and finding modern "protos" is quite simple. But finding the older ones is painstakingly difficult.

In the end, as you said, the game may very well get released anyhow. In fact another thread is currently stating just that. And if that happens the time/money spent to purchase this proto will be a complete mistake and a serious burn. However, if the game ends up getting shelved and never sees release, the investment will pay off BIG TIME in either fortune or glory...whichever presses the buttons of the gambling investor.

:glee: :drool: :drool_2: ;)

Billy Pitt

leGionellz

Pancho Villa is my Direct Ancestor,
Please don't sell it to the biggest ego of the neo scene.

Unreleased neo games should be made available to the fans, not to the shelves of idiots.

supergoose

Die Gans,
20 Year Member
send it to nruva and do whatever you want to do with it as soon as you get it back. thanks. :)

that is ... if you don't want to buy it, Nick. ;)

Amano Jacu

Charles Barkley
Re: when is a proto a proto?

SuperGun said:

Regarding your third paragraph, you need to understand something very key to the whole proto scene. First off, the game was most likely not suppossed to be "sold" to anyone. The exibitors at the ENADA show probably gave it to a local distributor or operator who is among their best customers. Its intention was probably to be used on location for testing revenue potential for the game. However, depending on the arrangement or terms under which the game was sold or given to them, they may or may not be able to sell it or "give it away" if they want to.

You need to realize what I have been stating for over 10 years, which is the fact that this is exactly what happened to the other dozen or so as of yet undiscovered proto cartridges. They ARE out there, they are simply hard as hell to find. Now a days with the internet, communications are far superior then they were 10 years ago and finding modern "protos" is quite simple. But finding the older ones is painstakingly difficult.

In the end, as you said, the game may very well get released anyhow. In fact another thread is currently stating just that. And if that happens the time/money spent to purchase this proto will be a complete mistake and a serious burn. However, if the game ends up getting shelved and never sees release, the investment will pay off BIG TIME in either fortune or glory...whichever presses the buttons of the gambling investor.

:glee: :drool: :drool_2: ;)

Billy Pitt

Sorry, I'm 100% sure that whoever was the arcade employee who sold it to a particular person, he didn't have the permission to do so from the game producers. And most likely they would get mad if they found that out and take legal measures against him. The seller has used something that was "lent" for free for promotional purposes, to make a quick and easy amount of cash for himself, that could make them lose $$$ if it was used for bootlegging purposes, if the game finally gets published. It could even happen that if bootlegs surfaced, the game was definately canceled before release.

If the proto that is sold is very old and has definately been canceled (although you never know, like Zupapa), then I find it still illegal to sell it, but then it is not as "potentially harmful". Also in that case I think the roms should be made available to the general public [/subliminal message]. So in this case I have no problem.

But for God's sake, this game is WAY too new. It still has a somehow firm release date (I hope they are serious this time), and it was promoted in a show some MONTHS ago, not YEARS. And then we complain about bootlegs surfacing the same day or before a new MVS game gets released (for example, Garou bootlegs were made using beta code, most likely from a promotional proto that some greedy bastard sold to earn some money and making SNK lose tons of it), or when SNKP releases games in PCB format in a vain attempt to prevent bootlegging...

Shito

King of Typists,
20 Year Member
Re: for Gualtiero Cannarsi

SuperGun said:
Ciao,
Sono molto interesaato a questo jioco.
Cuale' e il prezzo? Cuanto vuole lei?
Ho altre domande.
Per favore mi manda un email.
grazie,
Billy Pitt

:cool::rolleyes: :cool:

Hi Billy!

Please just drop me a mail at: shito@tin.it

Congrats on your Italian too. I'm starting to think it's way better than my poor English... :emb:

SuperGun

Proto Hunter
20 Year Member
end of the thread?

Shito said:
Hi Billy!

Please just drop me a mail at: shito@tin.it

Congrats on your Italian too. I'm starting to think it's way better than my poor English... :emb:

Yes, I did email you.
Thanks so much for working with me on this.
Turns out that pre-orders are already available at
www.snk-capcom.com for the pochi mvs cartridge at $449.99 USD.
Vinh Trieu says that the cartridges will arrive next week.

Please email me back with answers to my questions and we will see if we can come up with an arrangement despite this.

The next ENADA show will be February 26th, 2004 in Rimini, Italy. If you can attend, please do so. Also please maintain your relationship with whomever you acquired this cartridge from. Afterall, Bang Bead was first acquired in this same manner, and who knows what future titles may be saved through this connection. It is very important that we keep it!
:smirk:
grazie,
Billy Pitt

ResO

water damaged
20 Year Member
Shito, Maybe you should try throwing your cart on ebay? Hopefully you can make most your money back that way.

Robert Wallace

Sieger's Squire
Where are the screen shots for this game?

I looked at Billy's Proto Page and did not find anything.....nothing listed in the Master List either.

Mabey I over looked it?