hmmm

svcc engine...or so it seems

terry's alright,
a shame his cd kick still needs all those missing frames from 99

bgs seem to be ok

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Apparently, Ryo is keeping his tiger stance after all... I guess he just has a "normal" stance outside of fights, now.

Edit: And from the 3rd video, I'm almost sure that Iori's unfamous "face swapping" is still there.

Last edited:

AssassinStrike

Armored Scrum Object
looks okay

the roof top is real nice, best bg in a while, ash looks like a fireball whore (takuma jnr?) like his air rave uppercut thing:buttrock:

maybe he's not so gay afterall?

but some of those bg's :eek_2: very 2k1ish, 2k2 never really had an outstanding bg, but anyway the bg's don't make the game

lets hope his tag thing works out?
same old sprites tho :crying: maybe next year
at least some ppl got new ones

I hear Iori has got a new animation they drew a recyle sign on his back? or something... pepsi logo?

Last edited:

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
AssassinStrike said:
I hear Iori has got a new animation they drew a recyle sign on his back? or something... pepsi logo?
Are you serious ?
Because the guy who said that was joking. :p

Fran

today forever
20 Year Member
i really dig the background in the jhun vs daimon video

cant comment on the palette from these videos,but somehow they seem better than the stuff we had in 2001 or 2002

maybe i'm just a dreamer...time will tell

oh and iori can link the flowers after f+A

:cool:

about time !

iori isnt iori without that

Fran

today forever
20 Year Member
mog said:
Holy shit that looks awful.

whats wrong with the game?

you have new characters,new sprites,decent backgrounds,a new tag feature,that god awful bc mode is gone but supercancelling is still there

i know we will never see a game as good as 96 or 99 or gekka1,technically

but 2003 is probably better than,say,2001 or 2002

no?

SML

NEANDERTHAL FUCKER,
20 Year Member
If mog ever says anything that isn't cynical his skin catches fire.

JHendrix

Jello Pudding Pop, Y'know? Like that whole Bill C
mog said:
Holy shit that looks awful.

Oh come on.

I mean I'm as much for SNKP moving on hardware/graphics wise than anyone that posts on this forum, but even I'll say that from the vids the game looks to restore KOF to the graphical level that existed back in it's heyday.

And for gods sake, they've got King back in the roster! I mean Angel is gone but at least King's back. I'm going to trap shot people to death in this shit...:buttrock:

tredezine

n00b
I liked what I saw. It's great to know SNKP is trying to break new ground w/KOF. If the game play doesn't suffer from the the new control sceme, SNKP will finally be up to the standards of the original SNK and the fans. Three may be the charm.

AssassinStrike

Armored Scrum Object
Stifu said:
Are you serious ?
Because the guy who said that was joking. :p

I'm sure I saw something green on his back? It does look like a recycle logo I could be wrong tho...

I was j/k about the pepsi logo that was on Kim's back in RB.

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
The animation looks rough, but that might be the phones fault... they aren't the best for video. Other than that, I think it is looking pretty nice overall. Some above average backgrounds for a change, and the play looks fast...

-Nick

+++SLUG FLYER+++

Mickey's Coach
mog is a NEGATIVE CREEP.

anyways, kof 2003 and slug 5 look much faster than their previous outings. I AM SO GLAD its still alive, and i love SNKP. I LOVE THEM SO MUCH.heheh.they understand me.;)

Spike Spiegel

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
Man, call me a crusty old bitch, but that seems to move too fast. I hope they don't go overboard with the speed.

Beyond that, I can't really say one way or antoher if it's good.... I just can't tell, because the video's not so hot. From what I can see, I DO like the BGs, however.

And it seems that there's running... right?

Spike

EDIT: It looks as if, and you can't really tell all that well in the vids, that Ryo is also redrawn. His hair seems bigger. Is it just me?

Last edited:

Shapermc

Mai's Tabloid Photographer
Cookie Monster said:
The animations don't look great or hopefully it's the video.
It is, you can tell by looking at the GG machine to the right of it. It is even choppier than KOF is. I was worried after I saw the first video, but then I saw that.

Thanks for this :)

Shapermc

Mai's Tabloid Photographer
Spike Spiegel said:
Man, call me a crusty old bitch, but that seems to move too fast. I hope they don't go overboard with the speed.
No, your not. The video is faster than the game will play. You can gage this by seeing that the speed of GG is faster as well (the machine on the right).

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Spike Spiegel said:
EDIT: It looks as if, and you can't really tell all that well in the vids, that Ryo is also redrawn. His hair seems bigger. Is it just me?
Not "redrawn", but edited a least...

It might just be his head, just like what they did with Iori...
But whatever it is, I hope they applied the change to ALL his frames this time...