Geese is alive?!?!

neojedi

Member,
20 Year Member
The update here has been out since last week, but either I'm missing something or Shito's thread here is the only mention of it on this site so far.

So let's reiterate... KOF 2003 is the latest/most recent KOF. Time progression is shown in Terry Bogard and some other character sprites. AND GEESE IS ALIVE. In the storyline. WTF? Is it not possible for a fall from a skyscraper to kill this man? What's more, Rock Howard should be 10 or maybe 12 during this KOF, and according to MOTW Geese died when Rock was a kid.

:spock:

Last edited:

geekabilly

Mickey's Coach
Maybe Geese is alive but will not show his face in the ring... so then Rock and Terry will still think he is dead.. maybe in this saga he will just pull the strings on the KOF from the shadows.. Just his fighters knows he is alive*:cool:

Tacitus

Volatile Memory Construct - SN://0467839
Staff member
Well, since it's the 10th installment.. THEY HAVE TO GO BACK TO THE ORIGINATOR!! w00t!!!!

I'm sure the storyling will be all reconciled later.. Geese is alive.. maybe he'll be back in the game.. as the final boss???

It's not entirely out of the realm of reality that Geese is alive, kicking and just hiding out.. I mean, how many times can you fall out of a building and live? I'm sure he doesn't want to find out. ;)

BarfHappy

NAM-75 Vet
i guess a guy who can throw pure energy wave with his hands can survive ^^ (throwing energy wave right before hitting ground to anihilate earth attraction for example)

Well, since it's the 10th installment

well for me it s the 11th ... i allways count garou densetsu/fatal fury 1 because of the sub: The King of Fighters :P

Last edited:

SML

NEANDERTHAL FUCKER,
20 Year Member
GAH! HE'S RIGHT BEHIND YOU!!

Michael Yagami

I was wondering if I might get a rank with a Castl
Everyone should just accept the fact that GEESE CANNOT DIE!

Mike

OrochiEddie

Kobaïa Is De Hündïn
20 Year Member
this is easy to explain

#1 scrolls of Jin: He has them and they grant immortality
#2 It never said Geese died but, that he dissapeared.
#3 watch Rocks ending. He and Kain go off to find Geese after (I think) Kain said Geese was alive.

Hopefully we will see him in KOF 2k4 2k5 or 2k6

jeff bogard

Yamazaki's Wingman,
20 Year Member
I'm pretty sure Geese was alive when Garou happened, if not then, this will get pretty interesting.

Moriya

Cheng's Errand Boy
In my opinion, the answer is much more simple: KOF is a dreammatch. It's not canon with the AOF/FF timeline. It has it's own world, story and timeline, using characters from the SNK world, along with new characters. That's why there are so many holes in the timeline, and the characters don't age since 95.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
Moriya said:
In my opinion, the answer is much more simple: KOF is a dreammatch. It's not canon with the AOF/FF timeline. It has it's own world, story and timeline, using characters from the SNK world, along with new characters. That's why there are so many holes in the timeline, and the characters don't age since 95.
That's what I think, too. Just like Capcom's Capcom vs. Marvel vs. whoever doesn't fit with regular Street Fighter continuity. That's how we could see strikers from the past (SS series) and the future (MS series, Kizuna) as well as supposedly "dead" characters like Geese in KOF 2000.

It doesn't matter to me at all why he's back, I ALWAYS enjoy an appearance by Geese. I hope he decides to take matters into his own hands in '04...

Chuplayer

Crippled Idiot,
Moriya said:

What about the link between Southtown being destroyed in KOF2000 and Second South in Mark of the Wolves? MOTW definitely takes place after KOF2000, so it would sort of make sense that it's canon.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
Chuplayer said:
What about the link between Southtown being destroyed in KOF2000 and Second South in Mark of the Wolves? MOTW definitely takes place after KOF2000, so it would sort of make sense that it's canon.
Second South is located next to Southtown not on the ruins of Southtown according to the map in the Garou MotW mook fom Ascii. Anyway, just because they have different continuities (and I'm not saying they definitely do, it's just my strong feeling) doesn't mean there couldn't be similarities. I know it's the most cliched example, but how could AOF, FF, anf KOF all be part of the same canon if Ryo, Robert and crew were the age they were in KOF '94 as in AOF 2, where Geese is young and Jeff Bogard hasn't been killed yet (making it a decade before Fatal Fury 1)? Just enjoy the games for what they are... thinking about it too much just makes your head hurt.

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
If Geese is alive, then why is he allowing Terry, his mortal enemy, to raise his son?

SML

NEANDERTHAL FUCKER,
20 Year Member
Fygee said:
If Geese is alive, then why is he allowing Terry, his mortal enemy, to raise his son?

He's actually deep in debt. And he doesn't want that life for him. It's actually quite tragic. :crying:

Decepticon

Mizuki's Demon
StickmanLoser said:
He's actually deep in debt. And he doesn't want that life for him. It's actually quite tragic. :crying:

Yea alcoholic father with gambling addiction wants better for son...on the next Oprah

mrchafe

Mr. Big's Thug
Just imagine if SNK had decided that Geese was dead after the first Real Bout (or even the first Fatal Fury). Just think how many games would lack his awe-inspiring presence, his oh-so-cool moves, and so on. Face it: we need Geese. He be good.

Domino-chan

, Certified Gamer Chick,
20 Year Member
If Geese isn't really dead then I gotta hand it to the man.

He's able to survive TWO instances of falling off his own building.. and then he allows someone like Terry to raise his son.

No wonder Geese is always so pissed....

BlackReppuKen

Zero's Secretary
Gesse is the mack of all this shit!
Fuck Rugal&his panther,Wolfgang,
Gesse started this shit he ought to finish it!
Gesse is pinnacle of all boss macks:shame:

ShikiMikoto

Mature's Make-up Artist
OrochiEddie said:
this is easy to explain

#1 scrolls of Jin: He has them and they grant immortality
#2 It never said Geese died but, that he dissapeared.
#3 watch Rocks ending. He and Kain go off to find Geese after (I think) Kain said Geese was alive.

Hopefully we will see him in KOF 2k4 2k5 or 2k6

No, Kain said Rock's MOTHER may still be alive, not Rock's dad.

Oh, and according to K. Lantis, Geese didn't obtain immortality from the scrolls...but that's just one source.

Frankly, I want these traditional old timers to DIE OUT ALREADY! Ay...