computer monitor problem

djdelly

Teh Mizzle
My monitor screen has been shutting off on me randomly. The screen will go off but the green light is still on. Is it time for me to get a new monitor or is there something I can do to fix it.

NeoLord

Neo-Geo FAQs Editor
djdelly said:
My monitor screen has been shutting off on me randomly. The screen will go off but the green light is still on. Is it time for me to get a new monitor or is there something I can do to fix it.

It sounds like you need a new tube, DJ. I have owned many monitors in my time, and when that happens, it usually means there is 1.) a loose transistor / connector or 2.) a bad tube / screen. You would be better off buying a new monitor since a tube replacement would cost you a small fortune (almost the price of a new monitor, in fact).

Reznor007

Host for Orochi
Check for bad solder joints on the monitor chassis PCB and on the neck board.

Tiptonium

Tech Support Moderator,
I had a computer monitor like that once. Turned out to be a bad solder job on the circuit board connect to the end of the tube. A replacement kit including installation charges set me back aabout $130. That was back when a 15 inch monitor was over $500 so the repair made sense then.

djdelly

Teh Mizzle
Problem solved I bought a new LCD flat screen monitor.
Thanks for all the help.

djdelly