Making new labels for MVS cartridges

Denus

Kuroko's Training Dummy
I know this will remove the authentic of the games (serials etc..), but in some cases, there're no other options:

Label1.jpg

Before

I don't want to know what people did in the past with this cartridge.... :(

Label2.jpg

After

The second photo is not clear (too much flashlight), but I can tell the label is almost identical to the real one...

If only there was a way to buy the whole collection of labels from the official company..... :rolleyes:

RVF400

Host for Orochi
how can you make labels for them?, some of mine look like they been through iraq, and would love to change them, do you need special sticker paper?, and what kinda template do you use?

Denus

Kuroko's Training Dummy
You'll need a laserprinter, and a normal (laserproof) A4 sticker paper to do this.
I made a template with Publisher.

You can download it here.

Maybe we can improve this template, and share it..... :)

RVF400

Host for Orochi
cool, i think my flat mate has publisher i will give it a go tonight!

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler
Denus said:
Maybe we can improve this template, and share it..... :)

I agree. I'd like to see a whole new bunch of MVS spinelables. If I had experence with Photoshop I'd do it in a second.

I like alot of the new MVS spine labels but there aren't enough of them. Alot of the older games are missing. And ones that I do own they don't have. I like some of them that have the real logo and the megcount like the spines from AES boxes.

It's better then just having the name of the game on the cartrage and it stands out more.

Nash

Fu'un-Ken Master
here are two that i've managed to make:

blazingstarlabelx.JPG

tophunterlabelproto.jpg

they were a pain in the ass since i'm not very good at photoshop.

Last edited:

Nash

Fu'un-Ken Master
dang it, they're not showing up. well, if anyone wants to host them, just ask and i'll send them over.

BlackSpy

Tsrgoihrea,
20 Year Member
I think it would be good practise if you would deliberately build in a give away that these are not the original labels. I appreciate the attraction of them looking almost identical, but something marginal to show they are not would be cool.

BarfHappy

NAM-75 Vet
For those who don t have publisher, what are the dimensions of the standard label ? ^^;

Nash

Fu'un-Ken Master
what do you use/how do you cut them once they're printed up?

CheapNeoGeo

Kula's Can,
I have made some replacement spine lables with Paint Shop Pro 7, 10th Anniversary Edition, and they have turned out well. I have made some that look close to the originals and as well as ones that look closer to an AES lable. If anyone would like to see some of them let me know and I will try to find them and post them. Any games that you would like spines for let me know and I will see what I can do. The only problem is with the original stickers there is some very small writting on them and I am unable to recreate the small print do to the fact that I just don't have the equipment to create that small of print.

Nash

Fu'un-Ken Master
hey, i definitely want to see them. post them up whenever you can (this should be a sub community).

RacerX

n00b
Also slightly off topic, but this is the tech forum & it concerns mvs labels, I recently received a cart from pinball2000 an ebay seller, where the label was on upside down? :spock: This is the only one out of 30 or so games I've bought so far that's like this. But it's just going the opposite way from all the others. It looks like the original label, I'm just wondering if it's a defect or were some games sold with the label going the opposite way or what? I guess it's possible it fell off and was reglued but it doesn't look so. It just struck me as odd.

Nash

Fu'un-Ken Master
ok, i got them up. they're not perfect, but i don't think they're bad at all.

blazingstarlabelx.JPG

tophunterlabelproto.jpg

Denus

Kuroko's Training Dummy
Yep: not bad at all!

Just missing the txt "Multi Video System" under the MVS logo, but what the heck...
:)

RVF400

Host for Orochi
NASH thats fine as it is, if you copy the original too much then it will mislead people into thinking its real!, if you leave it as it is then it will be obvious its a reprint, and to be honest it looks better, more simple!

Denus

Kuroko's Training Dummy
yes, that's true, but you will notice the difference between the original glossy stickers and the selfmade ones anyway.