can i use a jamma board with no cartridge on it

conrad

n00b
Hi

I have just bought an arcade cabinet which has a i slot neo geo board in it at present it has six buttons what i need to knoe is is it possible to just put a jamma pcb in the cabinet and wire it up to the buttons.

many thanks

conrad

DanAdamKOF

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
You obviously won't be able to play any games. It throws itself into test mode, where you can see the RGB colors, the cross hatch, I/O, speaker test, etc.

conrad

n00b
So the games advertised on ebay eg:

Snow Bros JAMMA arcade PCB (Bubble Bobble

these would not work correct

sorry i am new to this

Pingu

Hardened Shock Trooper
Depending on if the cabinet is stereo wired or not you can plug just about any jamma game into the cabinet. ^^

conrad

n00b
Many thanks for that Pingu

Am I right also that with a six buton cabinet nearly all games would be able to be played do any games use more than six

six to each joystick by the way

ttooddddyy

PNG FTW,
conrad said:
Hi

I have just bought an arcade cabinet which has a i slot neo geo board in it at present it has six buttons what i need to knoe is is it possible to just put a jamma pcb in the cabinet and wire it up to the buttons.

many thanks

conrad

Yes, you can simply plug and play any jamma board set in that cab.

If the original board in the cab was a mvs single slot and its not a dedicated MVS cab (if it has six buttons it can not be, mvs uses only four) then its probably wired up for mono sound (mvs has stereo capability, thats the main difference)
http://www.hardmvs.com/html/jamma.htm

Single slots are mono or have mono/stereo option, and are
designed to plug into generic jamma cabs without modification.
For the different mvs/jamma pin outs
http://www.hardmvs.com/manuals/Jamma2NeoGeo4SlotPinout.pdf
With six buttons you can play just about any game, most jamma games have three, the standard allows for four via the jamma edge connect, games that use more buttons will have the extra buttons connected through other sockets on the jamma board set.

Last edited: