ms51.jpg
ms52.jpg
ms54.jpg
ms55.jpg
ms56.jpg
ms57.jpg

Tiptonium

Tech Support Moderator,
Cool! What sort of mileage does it get in the game? Better than the Tank Slug I hope!

Setsuna1982

World Her,
ms53.jpg

i'm the only here who thinks that it looks like SHIT? :spock:

after seeing that... well... i'm getting a bit scared of how ms5 will turn out :annoyed:

c.t.h

Maxima's Barber
Setsuna1982 said:
ms53.jpg

i'm the only here who thinks that it looks like SHIT? :spock:

after seeing that... well... i'm getting a bit scared of how ms5 will turn out :annoyed:

uhh

My first impression was, sweet, it looks great.

:eek_2:

BlackSpy

Tsrgoihrea,
20 Year Member
I think it looks pretty cool, it certainly looks optimistic though.

It shows they are not thinking in straight lines and churning out just clones of the early titles. This is a new idea for a slug, and (while I'll be disapointed if Metal Slug 6 introduces a washing machine kitted out with rocket launchers as the new vehicle) I think it is encouraging that this title does not feel the need to follow the old traditions religiously.

Verythrax

OWES ROT MONEY!
I'm afraid MS5 is bad as MS4...

MS3 (the last by SNK) is much more beautiful and inovative and rich in 'some' ways. MS4 has very poor, graphically and in the quantity of slugs throughout the game.

I liked the tank/mecha slug idea... lets see it in action...

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
The Car Slug is totally awesome! I think this fits in great with all the other vehicles. Nothing is cooler then some car decked out with a machine gun.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
They took the sprite of a car (that exists since MS1), added a side canon to it or something (that sprite already existed too), and that's enough to make most of you wet your pants...
Heh.

It might still be interesting, but I think some people here are way too much like "wow omg" before they play a game, and then like "the game isn't all that good after all" once they get to play it...

Hide

Banned
The CAR SLUG reminds me of these PS1/2 Takara games called Chrono Q.

Tiptonium

Tech Support Moderator,
I actually like the look of the car. Fits perfectly within the Slug universe IMO.

RyoGeo

Global Moderator, Voice of Reason, Member #13
Don't bother, Tip'.

If Slug 1 or 2 were released new today they would hate that too.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Tiptonium said:
I actually like the look of the car. Fits perfectly within the Slug universe IMO.
Yes, it does really fit with the MS series... And for a reason.
Because it exists since MS1, as I already said...

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Stifu said:
Yes, it does really fit with the MS series... And for a reason.
Because it exists since MS1, as I already said...

No, it fits within the universe not simply because the graphic for it exists.

It fits because it goes along with the traditon of humorous vehicles that the Slug Series is best known for. This slug is funny, just like all the other slugs. Personally i find the MS series to be pretty damned funny and not very serious at all. So yeah, the car slug fits. I like it, i just hope it plays well. I'd like to see it in action.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Lagduf said:
No, it fits within the universe not simply because the graphic for it exists.
I didn't say that. I mean it fits because it's been done by the *ORIGINAL* SNK.
Playmore has been known to make things that don't fit with the original games universe, from time to time...

So, I was just saying it's not surprising this sprite fits, since it was there since the beginning...

It will certainly look funny when it has one of the characters driving in it...haha..I can picture it now. Maybe it will sound like an old Beetle when it's running, that would be terrific and even make it funnier!

I think its neat that there is a new slug and all, but really, this particular slug isn't very innovative, like its already been pointed out that this is just the car from MS1 with a machine gun mounted on it. Can't they make a totally new sprite that will still fit in the game?

Lastblade

Friend me on Facebook!,
20 Year Member
They need to put in a dildo slug for the girls to 'ride' on.

SNKJorge

Collection Gallery Keeper, CD Price Guide Analyst,
Looks simple but cool.

Verythrax said:
I'm afraid MS5 is bad as MS4...

MS3 (the last by SNK) is much more beautiful and inovative and rich in 'some' ways. MS4 has very poor, graphically and in the quantity of slugs throughout the game.

I liked the tank/mecha slug idea... lets see it in action...

MS3 is also a circus full of animals, monsters and mutants :oh_no:

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
GunstarHero said:
I think its neat that there is a new slug and all, but really, this particular slug isn't very innovative, like its already been pointed out that this is just the car from MS1 with a machine gun mounted on it. Can't they make a totally new sprite that will still fit in the game?

No they can't because then people will bitch that it doesn't fit, because their main reasoning is it wasn't done by SNK.

The car slug is a great idea

lithy said:
No they can't because then people will bitch that it doesn't fit, because their main reasoning is it wasn't done by SNK.

The car slug is a great idea

OH, I totally agree with that, we all know there are some who dis these new games before even playing them because its not original SNK.

I think the Car slug is great idea too, it just didn't take alot of thought to make this particular car.

Setsuna1982 said:

I like it. Its Slug's tongue-in-cheek humor that we've all come to like.

]Originally posted by RyoGeoIf Slug 1 or 2 were released new today they would hate that too.

Too true...

I remember another member of this forum saying something like, "Welcome to www.Neo- Geo.com, where people here would complain if they got hung with a brand new rope."

I'm still all over this new MS5. Can't wait to hear more about it!