The price war for SSV has started!!!!!!!

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
It's been for sale at the Neo Store for that price for a couple of days... And I was expecting a REAL price war from this title. ¬_¬

Amix

Benimaru's Hairdresser
I would pick it up now, but KOF2K3 has sparked my interest, so I'm going to wait a little longer.

Verythrax

OWES ROT MONEY!
Stifu said:
It's been for sale at the Neo Store for that price for a couple of days... And I was expecting a REAL price war from this title. ¬_¬

If wasn't the translation issue, we would have seem a 'email about the price' stuff, like MS5.

As soon they start shipping, it may happen.

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
Japhei has it for 50 and Neo Geo 2 has it for 35, wow this price war is getting hottt with 3 t's!

neo-geo 2

Raiden's Valet
the roker said:
Japhei has it for 50 and Neo Geo 2 has it for 35, wow this price war is getting hottt with 3 t's!

Eat shit and die ass hat

Metal Fatigue

Robert Garcia's Butler
No, the Neostore has the MVS for $299, Play Asia has the homecart for $299.

T_Smallz

Big Bang Pro Wrestler
Robert Wallace said:
http://www.neostore.com/detail.asp?ProductID=1051

Its still 299.00 for SS5 MVS at the Neo Store....

I may have to think twice about buying MVS Metal Slug 5.....its probably going to drop like crazy???

Anyone know the current MS5 price? I asked shawn the other day and he said it was $365 or close to that anyways.

Robert there is no reason not to pick this one up. The price ill nt go much lower any tuime soon the AES release is 3 motnhs away and it will sell for $325, so it;s safe to pick it up as the game is great. SSV on the other hand... Well you see it;s still around $300 and it isn't even a great game (compared to MS5)...

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
I don't know... MS5 looks alright, but it is the same old slug. Slidding is cool, but hardly a worthy upgrade... Perhaps I am just too much a fan of 1, but 5 doesn't look to offer much more than 3. I'd love to play it sometime, but this one is a $50 purchase for me... I'll just grab a cheap loose cart later on off of ebay or Cosmicco.

-Nick

Edit: errr... wrong thread, anyway... yeah $205 for SS5, sounds great... I can't wait to see if I have any money left after Christmas ;) Might have to grab it late December early January... Have to admit, I won't have much time to play it between now and then anyway... Anyone want to guess what it will cost in three-four weeks? I am guessing <$150

-Nick

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
T_Smallz said:
Robert there is no reason not to pick this one up. The price ill nt go much lower any tuime soon the AES release is 3 motnhs away and it will sell for $325, so it;s safe to pick it up as the game is great. SSV on the other hand... Well you see it;s still around $300 and it isn't even a great game (compared to MS5)...
SS5 is now around $200 as cth stated...
And did you play it before saying it's not a great game ? :spock:

I don't even know how you can compare a fighting game to a platformer/shooter anyway...

kaos

I'm a stealthy Ghost-like pimp daddy bitch, yo!
c.t.h said:
UPDATE

down to 206 usd, brand new mvs kit at excellentcom

http://www.excellentcom.net
ECL@excellentcom.net

very tempting!

never heard about this site before
is it reliable??

and play-asia...how is it?
quite strange, it charge 299 bucks for SSV but 340$ for SvC, more than anyone else :confused:

bah.....dont know what to do
my wallet says to wait for something on e-bay
but I really want it asap.....after all It was the only reason why I canceled my SvC pre-order:help: :help:

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
Stifu said:
I don't even know how you can compare a fighting game to a platformer/shooter anyway...

This is the stuff the special people get to talk about in the Mature Forum.

Robert Wallace

Sieger's Squire
T_Smallz said:

I have had the SS5 Kit for quite some time now.:p

Samurai_Shodown_Five_MVS.JPG

This game kicks ass!!!

T_Smallz

Big Bang Pro Wrestler
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by T_Smallz
Robert there is no reason not to pick this one up. The price will not go much lower any time soon the AES release is 3 months away and it will sell for $325, so it's safe to pick it up as the game is great. SSV on the other hand... Well you see it's still around $300 and it isn't even a great game (compared to MS5)...
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm not talking about picking up SSV as I have played and definately know it's not worth $300 (which it was at the time I posted this). Not really a bad game, just one to wait for. Metal slug 5 is what I said NOT to wait for...

MS5 Owns SS5

Last edited:

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
Electroman said:
Would you have a review of MS5 for us yet?

I have had this happen to me as well... When I have something no one else does, it seems amazing... Though, it is really just me covering up for the fact that I spent a lot of money to be the first out the gate. Slug is slug... bad replay value and all for me... I'd much rather have SS5 than MS5 (if I even pick it up at all)... but, to each their own... that's why there are so many games out there. Honestly though, I own 1, X, and 3... and that is all the slug I need. I haven't seen anything in the 5 videos that got me excited :emb:

Ahh well, we should see a review from Spike soon atleast to get someones opinion on the game, if nothing else.

-Nick

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
I agree... Slugs are nice and all, but don't "last" long... I personally just play them back once in a while after I've finished them.

And comparing MS5 to SS5 is just as stupid as comparing Super Mario Land to Tetris... Or something.

Nruva-

Oh you will cave in and buy MS5 soon enough. You will keep staring at that hole in your collection known as "MS5", and need to fill it ;)

Stifu-
I'm naturally a shoot'em up fan actually, so the MS games are fun as all hell to me. I actually prefer playing MS alone as I can take my time, and not confused by my 2P buddy.

But if we are talking new releases here, I totally understand the replayabilty of a good fighter, as we all know fighters shine in 2P, and have almost unlimited replayability; something that MS cannot do. This is where SS5 will shine :)