Oni-Con Neo Geo Tournament News

Big Bruno

20 Year Member
Just a heads up Update.

well it is less then a year away now. we are now showing up on the charts as a upcoming con.

oniconlisting.jpg

The tournament plan is to have 3 tournaments SVCChoas, Samurai Shodown V and KOF 2003 in double elminations. The tournament is free with admissions to the con. I figure a max of 40 people per game. Prize and freebee donations are currently coming from !Arcade! , Neo-Geo and Myself

extra neo related things of interest. Should be some fan art for sale, working on Showing the Samura Spirits OVA (the good one ;) and maybe the bad one as well) of course SNk character cos playing as well as a large dealers room which should have various items, posters, cd soundtracks, figures etc.

also AVD will be there selling resins and if you have some resins you won off a ebay you need built sendit over to them and have them put it together for you so you can pick it up in the con.

I will try to provide updates every month on the progress and the prizes as more info comes in

I am also looking for volunteers to help out with the Neo room. Local to houston. I will need help moving my cabs and setting up the room. I think Bonuskun was going to help out and maybe Nick th fury, possible qube? Guess I need to send out some emails but if you are interested send me a email as well. volunteers get free admissions to the con but right now I will say the can not praticapate in the tournament.

well if you have any questions post them here and LMK, also visit our site. Link below.

Decepticon

Mizuki's Demon
Hey im not local but I plan to attend, I can come a day early and help out if needed.

DanAdamKOF

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
I wanna go to this, but it's on my brother's birthday (we may have plans) and it's during the school year :/.

Yeah and also anime is cool and all but I'm not really into it that much, plus if I see cosplayers I might have to resort to whacking them with my baseball bat.

We'll see.

Q

qube

Phil,

I am not 100% sure I will still be in Houston by the time the Con rolls around, but if I am, you have my support 100%. Any help transporting and setting up that you need I will be more than happy to help with. Just let me know what you will need help with and I will provide it.

Marq

SNKJorge

Collection Gallery Keeper, CD Price Guide Analyst,
If a lot of people are interested in going, I may go as well.
Just keep us updated.

Big Bruno

20 Year Member
it's a weekend :)

No biggie, currently we have plenty of people signed up for the con. I just though it would be good to get some good Neo players instead of awarding prizes to port player or button mashers :)

Anyway. I can get Con help for the normal con staff, but I wanted people who actually knows about the Neo Geo to help out. instead of those that like the characters but can not recall what game they came from.

Cos players are cool though. I have not seen to many complaints on girls dressed like Mia, Blue Mary or angel. Just when guys dress up like that :loco:

qube, it is cool. I just thought of you since you were local.

Decepticon i will keep you in mind but my house is about 1 hour south from the airport where the hotel is, so Plan is to rent a Uhaul and move the stuff over. the cabs are around 300-400lb a piece and I would not have a place for you to stay if you came down early. we do not have rooms setup for volunteers.

Phil

OrochiEddie

Kobaïa Is De Hündïn
20 Year Member
2k3? Will that be out in time? Just curious IMO run a MOTW tourney also nothing tops MOTW

Big Bruno

20 Year Member
well registration for the tournament I am going to handle as people come in for the con on Friday. I will have the charts up then fill them in. actual game play will start on saturday wrapping up on sunday.

to pre-reg for the COn just go to the site and click on register. if you like, you can shoot me a email with your registration name and I can put you on the list. Right now in order to let everyone have a shot at the prizes I only going to let 1 person per game.