PS2 KoF 2000/2001 compilation has gone gold

rebellion1

Mr. Big's Thug
WHENS DAT MOTHERFUCKER HITTIN STORES!?

is it still dec. 9th?

I WANT UPGRADED 2001 goddammit.

seriously, 2001 is prolly my favorite fighter ever right up there with last blade 2 and GGx2 and even though i loved the way it played (and hey i even loved the music at times!), i just hated the backgrounds and other graphical things.

Oh, and the fact that i always wanted it in english (only got the dc port).

huzzah for ps2 ports - giving snk loving gamers an option to play and own their games without being forced onto a daily regiment of ramen.

(waits for a certain fanboy to run in with "INFERIOR PORT"... :make_fac: )

BoriquaSNK

His Excellency BoriquaSNK,, The Ambassador of Appl
15 Year Member
The term "gold" when referring to videogames actually doesn't have to do with sales. It means that the game is finished and has shipped to retailers. It's pretty confusing as I thought the same thing you guys did.

Regardless, I already pre-ordered my copy and I should be getting it around the same time I get my SSIV kit, can't wait!

evo7_31

Geese's Thug
I think going gold means that the game has reached its final stage of development, not the number of copies it sells?

Praise the Lard

Sieger's Squire
BoriquaSNK said:
The term "gold" when referring to videogames actually doesn't have to do with sales. It means that the game is finished and has shipped to retailers. It's pretty confusing as I thought the same thing you guys did.

Regardless, I already pre-ordered my copy and I should be getting it around the same time I get my SSIV kit, can't wait!

Actually "gone gold" just means the games developement cycle has ended and 'master copy' is ready for the presses. Since CDs can be produced so quickly the pressing/packaging process goes VERY quickly. After that it will be shipped to retail stores, so it sounds like it is right on schedule folks. :D