SSV capture movies, enjoy!

kafuin_gaira

Viewpoint Vigilante
i've been wanting to do this for some time, and i finally got around to it today. i've capped a few short videos from samurai showdown zero and hosted them on my site. here's what's available currently:

1. game opening
2. intro story and exhibition round for the following characters: charlotte, gaira ;), hanzo, rasetsumaru, suija, ukyo, and yoshitora.

more characters and additional footage will be added in the future if everything goes well.

please go easy on my poor little site and feel free to rehost and redistribute the videos in any way you see fit. i figure the more sites they're on the better; i probably won't be able to keep them up very long if i get leeched off of too hard.

don't laugh too hard if you see me doing a piss-poor job with some characters :D.

ok, without further ado, here is the link:

http://neo-chaos.org

enjoy!

<edit>duh! almost forgot. if anyone feels like translating any of this, please let me know :help:</edit>

Last edited:

Kid Aphex

samus' love slave,
Looks like your server is totally fucked lol.
C'mon, I need to see those videos!

kafuin_gaira

Viewpoint Vigilante
send me a pm and we'll work something out. also, if anyone wants to host these let me know.

Decepticon

Mizuki's Demon
kafuin_gaira said:
send me a pm and we'll work something out. also, if anyone wants to host these let me know.

Letting you know :D

I will try to download them when I get home and upload them to my 2 webservers.

JHendrix

Jello Pudding Pop, Y'know? Like that whole Bill C
For some reason I think your server died, well at least the bandwidth did. ;)

Was downloading and they dropped out about halfway through.

That server gets abused though, between SvC and this. What did it ever do to you? :make_fac:

Kiel

All About Shooters Mod., If you fuck with me, I'll
20 Year Member
Too bad, I cant see em!

Yodd

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
Very, very slow here as well.

If I could get ahold of the movies, I would offer to mirror them for ya @ SGR (if ya wanted me to).

I gots bandwidth out teh yang.

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
Someone host these! Hehe... I wants to see them!

They die for me as well!

-Nick

Spike Spiegel

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
EX_Andy said:
So they just reuse Haohmaru's SS1 intro speech? That's dirty.

Not to my knowledge, they don't. It's a different speech for sure....

Spike

EX_Andy

Vanessa's Drinking Bud,
Spike Spiegel said:
Not to my knowledge, they don't. It's a different speech for sure....

Spike

I'm basing that off the intro movie posted in this thread. If the speech isn't the exact same, word for word, it's still very similar.

Can't say I approve of it, since it was delivered by a brand-new, cool samurai character who cut a tree in half in an eyeblink in SS1. It's a classic. But in SS5, it's delivered by a guy who sounds like he's trying really hard to be scary, despite being really constipated. Also, SS5 recycled enough from SS3/SS4 already, did they really have to go digging back for the intro speech too?

ni-ten

War Room Troll
I like the new intro,and the speech is almost the same from ss1;very cool in my book.

kafuin_gaira

Viewpoint Vigilante
surprised to see this resurrected, but i'll make sure the server is on more often now. i just run apache off my pc so that explains the horrible downloads and what-not. i also have a habit of stopping the service when i hop on final fantasy xi :mr_t:. pm me if you must have the vids and i'll find a way to get them to you.

Verythrax

OWES ROT MONEY!
ni-ten said:
I like the new intro,and the speech is almost the same from ss1;very cool in my book.

I agree. The intro, the speech are very cool. And the new music se the mood very well. The game seems to be more darker than previous SamShos.

But the animation looked very choppy. Okays, it's not worse thatn the previous SamShos, but I think they could do it better.

Gaira, did you use a low frame count to these videos? Maybe thats the reason.

Spike Spiegel

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
The animation is anything but choppy in this game, so it's got to be the camera (haven't dowloaded the vids).

Spike

EX_Andy

Vanessa's Drinking Bud,
Spike Spiegel said:
The animation is anything but choppy in this game, so it's got to be the camera (haven't dowloaded the vids).

Spike

Not to beat a dead horse here, but unless the camera used was some kind of zany stop-motion camera that actually deleted frames of animation, it probably wouldn't paint an inaccurate picture about the animation quality.

The animation is still plenty bad on a lot of things, especially win poses, like Gaira's same old SS4 "one punch, one frame of animation" win pose. Same as the one frame of animation on the win pose for Bust Sogetsu, I mean "Suija." By comparison, put Ukyo next to Moriya from Last Blade. They both have similar moves, and they're both supposed to be extremely fast, but Moriya's moves look a whole lot better. Maybe not because there's 100x more frames of animation, but there's certainly more, as well as a few visual tricks that make the sprite look more fluidly animated than it is (like the blur effect on his "teleport" move). Compare that to Ukyo, he's just the same sprite from SS4 copy-pasted into a new game. One moment he's standing there, the next moment his sword is out, with a big opaque, yellow, banana-shaped motion blur pasted onto it.

I wish they would have at least not included the slow-motion death when you end a round--that just makes the lack of animation even more obvious (in some cases, you're staring at the same frame of animation for several seconds). I hope that game plays better than it appears to play, because it really doesn't look impressive.

Verythrax

OWES ROT MONEY!
EX_Andy said:
Not to beat a dead horse here, but unless the camera used was some kind of zany stop-motion camera that actually deleted frames of animation, it probably wouldn't paint an inaccurate picture about the animation quality.

The animation is still plenty bad on a lot of things, especially win poses, like Gaira's same old SS4 "one punch, one frame of animation" win pose.

Not really, I disagree. It depends from the encoding. in divx conversion, you can cut frames to lower the file size. maybe the options used to turn the vid that small have caused it.

I don't care if the animation have the same quality of ss4, but I'll not let it pass if it's worse. ;)

But this game seems to have LOTs of copy and paste... even more than KOF.

Yodd

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
I am working to mirror the files to take the stress off of kafuin_gaira's connection that way everyone can view what he has captured.

I will post a link up once they are done.

ni-ten

War Room Troll
intro for samurai spirits:

Bushidou to wa, shinu-koto to mitsuketari
Shuradou to wa, TAOSU-koto to mitsuketari
Ware - akkirasetsu to narite
Me no mae no, teki subete o...
kiru!!

intro for zero:

Bushidou to wa, shinu-koto to mitsuketari
Shuradou to wa, IKIRU-koto to mitsuketari
Ware - akkirasetsu to narite