Kyo Kusanagi's KOF2003 new outfit...

Shito

King of Typists,
20 Year Member
...is the best thing in the World just after sex.

Seriously.

jeff bogard

Yamazaki's Wingman,
20 Year Member
This one is ok, I still like best the one he had with the white jacket and a black shirt with a cross underneath. Along with the little chain he had in his pocket, very realistic.

DangerousK

MotoGP and Formula 1 Freak
20 Year Member
Looks good.

Nice to see they've started to change up sprites a little bit. Didn't think that was ever going to happen.

aria

Former Moderator
WHOA!!!

Jeans and a jacket... HOLY SHIT HOLD THE PRESSES!

OMFG: He even has a white shirt!?!?

:eek: WOW!!! :eek:

Kyo ROXORS MY SOXORS!!!!!!1111!!11

...NO WAY, he's wearing a brown belt!!!

...NO WAY x2: HE's WeArInG BrOwN sHoEs!1!1!

I THINK THIS IS THE FUCKING MOST AMAZING THING I'VE SEEN IN MY ENTIRE FUCKING LIFE!!! MY GOD, IT'D MAKE A COMMON MAN JUST TAKE A DUMP RIGHT THERE!!! WHOAA!!!!!

----------------------
:rolleyes:

[translated: I think whole thing was a tad overstated]

Talen

Leona's Therapis,
Bobak said:

I'm pretty jazzed too. I was cosplaying as kyo the other day without even knowing it. Sweet! I love the new duds, he looks so...so...average.:p

FormlessOne

Chin's Drinking Partner
They should've done the whole cross tie deal. I'm a bit dissapointed with his meagerness :emb:

RyoGeo

Global Moderator, Voice of Reason, Member #13
I just think it's cool that it's something different.

Domino-chan

, Certified Gamer Chick,
20 Year Member
Bobak said:

translated: I think whole thing was a tad overstated]

Would you rather have them go back to his overused schoolboy outfit? ;)

I've seen his new outfit somewhere before in one of my artbooks.... I still like it regardless.

IoriYagami n8

Genjuro's Frog
It's easy to give generic styled characters new outfits. Kyo doesn't exactly look terribly unique wearing a jacket, undershit, and pants. Giving more unique looking characters new outfits requires a bit more redrawing rather then just a few changes to an already established look. Nice I suppose, but there are for more deserving characters that could use a new look. I too like Kyo's 99-02 look much better.

alec

Hardcore Neoholic
15 Year Member
cool, i think it looks good. new sprites are good.

Tatsumaki Senpuu Kyaku

Mega Shock!!
The question is....is it a totally new sprite?? Maybe they just changed the palettes and everything to make it look different. (like on of them mugen edits they do on the characters) Anyways im glad Playmore SNK is bringing changes to the sprites at least, and fresh new characters for the series.

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
New sprites are good, but I still like his '99-'02 outfit a lot more.

Mushiki

flaming petrosexual,
15 Year Member
I really don't know yet... the 99 outfit was too good... will have to see and decide which one is better.

Shito

King of Typists,
20 Year Member
What I really like is the outfit is brand new, but they brought back with it the original Kusanagi symbol on the vack of the jacket (the solar eclypse thing) and the classical Kyo green gloves as well.

Classical bits in new style = best of the best

tsukaesugi

Holy shit, it's a ninja!,
Domino-chan said:
Would you rather have them go back to his overused schoolboy outfit?

The reason why they finally changed him out of it is that Japanese High School students graduate after 3 years.

When did he get his new duds? Back in '99? He should have been out of them in '97. I guess he failed a couple of grades...

Iori must be a drop out.

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
judging by that one dodgy screen,

I'd say,

you should get some better sex I think.

the_colonel

Fio's Quartermaster
he's got a belt too, he looks slightly like terry bogard, he even looks alittle bigger in stature.

-His dm is his 95 ground fireball

-he may have a new end chain from his qcf+A move.

-RED kick (B) is weak as it can be ducked again.

Dash no Chris

Jaguar Ninja,
tsukaesugi said:
The reason why they finally changed him out of it is that Japanese High School students graduate after 3 years.

When did he get his new duds? Back in '99? He should have been out of them in '97. I guess he failed a couple of grades...

Iori must be a drop out.
Kyo was 19 in KOF'94 and 20 from KOF'95 onward; plus he was featured on the Daburi / Double action card (A003) in the Card Fighters series (for those who don't speak Japanese, "daburi" means "repeating a school year after failing") -- so I've always assumed that Kyo's slacker ass flunked at least once or twice. i figured he probably couldn't get readmitted to his old school after his pre-KOF'99 disappearance, so he never went back to his old uniform (the school administration was probably not entirely sad to see him go;) ) -- I've always found it easier to imagine Kyo dropping out than to imagine him graduating, anyway. perhaps Kyo saw how well the "oldest fighting Japanese high schooler" thing worked out for Mizoguchi Makoto (Fighter's History series) and decided to quit while he was ahead.

--Chris