SVC -- 2 NEW BOSS CODES INSIDE (shin akuma & shin mr karate)

Razoola

Divine Hand of the UniBIOS,
Staff member
20 Year Member
Hi,

I have found (well hacked out :) ) 2 more codes from SVC. These will please people with an AES without a bedug bios. NOTE.. these codes do not work in MVS (arcade) mode.

SHIN-AKUMA
----------------
On character select press and hold start and then enter the following code; Left, Up, Up, Right, Up, Down, Down, Right, Left, Left, Up, Down. Finally press any button (NOTE the timer must be 10 or above when the button is pressed for the code to work).

SHIN MR KARATE
--------------------
On character select press and hold start and then enter the following code; Up, Left, Up, Down, Right, Right, Down, Left, Up, Left, Right, Right. Finally press any button (NOTE the timer must be on 10 or above when the button is pressed for the code to work).

There does not seem to be codes in this formet for the other 2 bosses. You may be able to get them another way though... Maybe a movement code after the character select is over or something.

Raz

Last edited:

Amano Jacu

Charles Barkley
Wow, good news indeed, how do you find this out? You look at the game code just like the Matrix?

Anyway, the programmer was INSANE to make this work only when the counter is at 10... What's next? The trick only works under full moon? :spock:

BarfHappy

NAM-75 Vet
Amano, Raz is great at disassembling 68000 code and he knows neo hardware access so well, hey, he programmed a bios for it :D
*jealous*

NeoGML

Fighting Artist
Wow, that's amazing.

Thanks.

P.S. - the movelist for Shin Mr. Karate on www.gamefaqs.com is not entirely correct. he appears to not have a shoran kyaku (hcb + K), and the two f + A/f + B moves do not look any different from his regular standing A or B. however, i've gotten the f + A move to negate one-hit projectiles, but not consistently, it's weird.

also, he has a new move, df + D, it's basically a very quick, standing kick to the feet that knocks down.

None of his standard attacks are normally cancelable, they are only cancellable in MAX mode.

also, his "Shin Kishin Geki" (blue fire dragon punch type move)move is done with qcf x2 + K, not with P. it's basically a 7 hit version of his regular dp.

I'm wondering why the Gamefaqs movelist (done by Kao Megura, which is the one i've been referring to) has comments to some of the moves i've mentioned above that don't seem to be available, such as the shoran kyaku, and the two f + A/B moves.

Weird.

He's pretty cool though, you can have a lot of fun with him. can't combo that well, except for the standard "Kyoukugen links."
(eg. charge db, f + K, then dp, fireball, Zanretsuken, etc.)

Setsuna1982

World Her,
Amano Jacu said:
Wow, good news indeed, how do you find this out? You look at the game code just like the Matrix?

Anyway, the programmer was INSANE to make this work only when the counter is at 10... What's next? The trick only works under full moon? :spock:

he doesn't see code. He just see a blue mary, a mai, a terry bogard...

idiot

n00b
Thanks for the codes, I hope that someone finds a way to unlock Athena/ R.Armerer w/out a unibios. :)

ckchan

Shlong King,
20 Year Member
wonderful finding......Howcome the code doesn't work on MVS ?

Talen

Leona's Therapis,
Because having the bosses playable at an arcade location would make the roster even more unbalanced than it already is?

ray_7

Raz, you're the man!!!

Also, FYI, Shin Karate doesn't have a f+A/f+B move, he has a b+A/b+B move instead.

ResO

water damaged
20 Year Member
tsukaesugi said:
Oh my god!

You're back!

Where the hell were you?!

There were some personal family issues and I wasn't really in the mood for video games at the time. Luckily, due to my preorder, SvC came in the mail and reminded me of what I was missing out on.

elnegro

n00b
Thanks!!!!

Razoola you tha man!!!! Hope you can hack the athena and redarremer codes so that we can play as them without the unibios!!! Thanks man keep up the good work.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
About these codes...

To make them work, you need to finish them at 10 or BEFORE 10... Just not after.

Razoola

Staff member
20 Year Member
Stifu said:
About these codes...

To make them work, you need to finish them at 10 or BEFORE 10... Just not after.

It must be on 10, not before of after.

Raz

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Razoola said:
It must be on 10, not before of after.

Raz
Well some people, including me, got it to work before it was at 10... You should give it a try.

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
Re: link...

NeoGML said:
something else i forgot to mention was the fact that he has a new crouching LK (B) and a new standing close/far HK (D) that the regular Mr. Karate doesn't have.

That HK is from AOF1. Regular Ryo and Mr. Karate had it both (think it was a close C in that game). Totally cool, I love seeing little stuff like that.

Razoola

Staff member
20 Year Member
Stifu said:
Well some people, including me, got it to work before it was at 10... You should give it a try.

whooops, yes you are right, its 10 or above. I have corrected my main post.

Raz

Pink Spider

Beast Buster
You hear that?

It's my left hand clapping against the right one. :D

Good work Raz! This is very good news to those without a bios mod.