metal slug 5 jamma pcb and MVS NOW AVAILABLE!!!!

games91999

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
Last edited:

Bishamon

Azu Bla, ,
*shrug* No biggie.

In fact, I would prefer to have another MVS/JAMMA kit; it will look better with SvCC. :)

Decepticon

Mizuki's Demon
Damn, looks like KOF2003 will be as well then :(

Back to homecarts I guess.

leepantalone

Pm'ing Rot. Always a Risk.,
I wonder if the pattern means that all future titles that SNKP believes have a high probability of becoming victim to bootlegging will come out as Jamma board only?

Perhaps we will never see a MVS SVC Chaos or MS5???

Only the more unpopular titles like Matrimelee, Sam Sho 5 and the like will come out on MVS format???

Decepticon

Mizuki's Demon
leepantalone said:
I wonder if the pattern means that all future titles that SNKP believes have a high probability of becoming victim to bootlegging will come out as Jamma board only?

Perhaps we will never see a MVS SVC Chaos or MS5???

Only the more unpopular titles like Matrimelee, Sam Sho 5 and the like will come out on MVS format???

Well it only delayed the bootleggers a few months and now I'm sure they know how to do it correctly so now it's just irritating to me.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
Please, no... I just went MVS and have no way to play homecarts anymore. With the other thread where people are worrying if the SVC MVS is actually going to come through, I'm starting to get depressed.

games91999

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
also, looking at the pic. why is it in japanese? is there no english kit? no mini or large marquee? i don't mind it being the pcb since i have the svc like that, but this is a sad day:crying:

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
I'm sure we'll see SvC MVS carts...

As for MS5, I think (hope) the MVS cart will be released sometime around the AES release, like with SvC...

Keep faith ! :p

Shoutout33

n00b
You know what? This is starting to become &##$%! aggrevating to me! :very_ang: It seems like everthing is pointing to getting a AES home system... AND NOBODY MAKES THEM ANYMORE!!! I'm just deciding to make up my mind to work towards MVS, now this...this bull*&^%$!!! :angry: :very_ang:

Everbody and there mom says MVS is the best way to get into the Neo scene without hurting your bank account too much and now, after all these years, they want to pull the plug on MVS!?!? WTF PEOPLE!!!

Now, I have to get a AES system, Phantom 1 adapter, and get the games on top of that!?! Man...this better not be a sign of things to come...for real. First they want to bring out SamSho 5 without an English story line and now they're thinking about going straight JAMMA boards!?!? Man, I'm about ready to give up ya'll. Thank God I still have my Dreamcast. At least I can enjoy some good 2-D until they figure out what the HELL they want to do!:angry: :envy: :annoyed: :help: :very_ang: :oh_no:

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Hopefully the English kit will be a cart, or have a cart release later, and at least a large marquee is needed for this game.

Also MVS SvC had better make it out.

leepantalone

Pm'ing Rot. Always a Risk.,
lithy said:
Hopefully the English kit will be a cart, or have a cart release later, and at least a large marquee is needed for this game.

Also MVS SvC had better make it out.

I am beginning to wonder about SVC MVS.....

Spike Spiegel

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
Decepticon said:
Damn, looks like KOF2003 will be as well then :(

Back to homecarts I guess.

THIS SUCKS. WTF? I want the MVS of KOF2003. Thank GOD SSzero was MVS. Damn it.

Spike

rarehero

Rotterdam Nation Resident,
20 Year Member
boo?
i d rather have an mvs cart.
still waiting on the mvs version of SNK v cap as i decided to skip the home cart.

TheBigBB

Formerly known as dmhawkmoon
Shoutout33 said:
You know what? This is starting to become &##$%! aggrevating to me! :very_ang: It seems like everthing is pointing to getting a AES home system... AND NOBODY MAKES THEM ANYMORE!!! I'm just deciding to make up my mind to work towards MVS, now this...this bull*&^%$!!! :angry: :very_ang:

Everbody and there mom says MVS is the best way to get into the Neo scene without hurting your bank account too much and now, after all these years, they want to pull the plug on MVS!?!? WTF PEOPLE!!!

Now, I have to get a AES system, Phantom 1 adapter, and get the games on top of that!?! Man...this better not be a sign of things to come...for real. First they want to bring out SamSho 5 without an English story line and now they're thinking about going straight JAMMA boards!?!? Man, I'm about ready to give up ya'll. Thank God I still have my Dreamcast. At least I can enjoy some good 2-D until they figure out what the HELL they want to do!:angry: :envy: :annoyed: :help: :very_ang: :oh_no:

Since you apparently could not possibly be more new to the scene, I'd avise for you to listen more than you talk. First, it's not like there are going to be a ton more releases anyway. You can get 99.9% of all MVS releases on a cart and 95% for the same or lower price than a home cart.

Second, and this is for everyone, they will eventually release a MVS cart for SVC. We can assume MS5 will be the same. It appears as though the boards come out first because they think those make it harder to bootleg. If SNKP tells all arcade owners that for the next 5 months the only official release is a jamma board then the bootleggers lose. Well, that's what I think their line of thinking is. This doesn't mean they are stupid and don't know that tons of their customers want a MVS cart...

Patience will save a lot of you a lot of headaches. It's not like there is a shortage of games on the market... If it's that important to you all home systems are not that tough to obtain and buying a system + the homecart isn't going to put you back all that much in the big picture of Neo-Geo collecting.

By the way, you do realize that the cost efficiency of the MVS is lost on new releases, right??? Oh, and pass up the phantom-1 idea. Those things are not 100% reliable. (They aren't official)

Gamefan

OldSkool4Life,
20 Year Member
This is really a bummer. I was really looking forward to SNK-P producing more MVS carts, not the JAMMA hybrid board. Oh well, whatever helps keep the bootleggers at bay. Hopefully they will produce an actual MVS cart of SVC and MS5 at some point. I might have to look at getting another cabinet just for JAMMA boards. We'll see.

GAMEFAN

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
On the bright side, even if they don't release the new games as MVS carts, you will all know to contact Japhei to get what you want. :rolleyes:

(this message is not to be taken seriously, in case some people were planning to use that as "flaming material" against me :p)

Average Joe

Be water, my friend.
20 Year Member
Stifu said:
On the bright side, even if they don't release the new as MVS carts, you will all know to contact Japhei to get what you want. :rolleyes:

Or his little pet monkey, neo-geo 2.

Although he isn't quite the "big tyme bootlegger" as Japhei is.

TheBigBB

Formerly known as dmhawkmoon
Yeah, how do most of you play your MVS anyway? I would think that at least half of you would have a supergun that plays jamma boards anyhow...

gargoyle7

20 Year Member
Just heard from Vinh (S-C Store), & he said SVC MVS cart is a DEFINITE, as is a subsequent MVS cart release after the initial jamma for all new titles. Relax folks.

Lee (garg7)