Need some help wiring MK2 board to my supergun! THis is what i t looks like!

The BEAST3

Dodgeball Yakuza
damn it! Couln't get it to work! Has anyone ever hooked it up to their supergun! let me know!

Last edited:

Magnaflux

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
I was told that the mk2 used a vertical sync so I'm not sure you could use a 'gun with the mk/ mk2 boards.

NeoTurfMasta

DANCE DANCE KARNOV!,
20 Year Member
You can use a sg with those midway boards, it seems that it depends on your TV set. Your TV may have problems displaying the sync and just give you scrolling lines or nothing at all. My old Trinitron refused to play any of these Midway boards, but my Toshiba plays them fine with a little bit of a wave at the botom 2 inches of the screen. This was constant with 2 different s-vid converters I had.

Reznor007

Host for Orochi
There is nothing special about using MK boards on a supergun. Just hook it up exactly like an MVS board. The only difference is that you have to hook up the -5V line.

ttooddddyy

PNG FTW,
-5 volts for the audio op-amps and additional two buttons, MK is a 6 button fire/kick game.
The sync is the same as with any other jamma boardset.

Arakon

Robert Garcia's Butler
actually no, the synch is slightly off.
the game wouldn't synch at all on my sony tv (hooked up via straight RGB), the pic would flicker and scroll.. on my way old second tv it worked flawless, as well as on a RGB monitor. other PCBs work fine on all 3 tv/monitors. I've heard reports of the same problem on certain TVs before, I think actually on this board.

also, the game officially only has 5 (HK, LK, HP, LP, Block) buttons, and the -5V are needed only for sound, not for buttons.

ttooddddyy

PNG FTW,
Thanks for the correction Arakon.
I realise the -5 is only to do with the audio op-amp supply. Its my phraseology :p

O

oceanvein

hes using a vega jr (sent me pics) is there any special way that this has to set up? helpl this man out!

Reznor007

Host for Orochi
There is no special way to hook it up. If he has a supergun capable of playing MVS, then all he has to do is swap in the MK2 board and connect the kick harness.

Just for testing the kick harness doesn't even have to be attached, and the game will still work without -5V but there will be no sound.

The only thing that is different is that MK1-3 use a 53Hz refresh rate instead of 60 like NeoGeo. If a certain TV doesn't like it, it's the TV's fault, and just try another TV.

The BEAST3

Dodgeball Yakuza
tried but no success! Hopefully I will get this thing to work! :crying:

Last edited:
O

oceanvein

ask dude who you bought it from if he can trade the mk2 board for another pcb of same value to see if it is just the pcb and not the gun, wheres the guy who traded with you and is he helping you out at all?

The BEAST3

Dodgeball Yakuza
WHen I plug it in, both boards light up! the cpu and the sound board both light up! I just don't know where some of the connections go like this kick harness that i have! Also, some of the pin on the board ask for the voliume, which I don't have! I let the guy know whe traded me the supergun, but he has not replied to my pm or e-mail's! Can anyone out there take a look at my supergun, and try to see what the problem is, who can I ask, who is a supergun expert in here! LEt me know!

Arakon

Robert Garcia's Butler
you don't need any hookups other than the supergun itself to try the board. it's a basic jamma board, it works on ANY supergun made for jamma.

if it doesn't show anything on screen, chances are good that the board itself is dead.

300wins

Conan The Librarian,
Your PM box is full and I sent you an email, yet you have not replied. And I guarantee you that the board was working 100% before I shipped it to you. Do you have any other JAMMA board to test on your supergun?

The BEAST3

Dodgeball Yakuza
hey 300wins, never got an e-mail from you! anyway, does anyone know what the MK2 kit comes with? I heard it comes with it's own kick harness built on the jamma board! If anyone knows anything about this, let me know! Thanks

Reznor007

Host for Orochi
All there is to an MK2 board is just the main CPU board(large), sound board(medium sized), a ribbon cable to connect them, and a power cable going from the sound board to the CPU board. The kick harness is just a small connector with wires going to your controls. Usually when you buy a board online it doesn't come with one, and you have to make it yourself(easy). I don't know if yours included one or not.

All you have to do is connect the JAMMA wiring harness to the main JAMMA connector on the CPU board and turn it on.

The BEAST3

Dodgeball Yakuza
Reznor007 said:
All there is to an MK2 board is just the main CPU board(large), sound board(medium sized), a ribbon cable to connect them, and a power cable going from the sound board to the CPU board. The kick harness is just a small connector with wires going to your controls. Usually when you buy a board online it doesn't come with one, and you have to make it yourself(easy). I don't know if yours included one or not.

All you have to do is connect the JAMMA wiring harness to the main JAMMA connector on the CPU board and turn it on.

Thank for the tip renzor! As you may know, I know nothing about how to make a kick harness! You knw where I can get one for mortal kombat 2!