am i allowed to ask a ? about a jamma board here??

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
are we allowed to talk about non neo geo tech ?'s here??

i just need to know how to get a pcb to get it's color back.it's all black and white.everything else works fine

Robert Wallace

Sieger's Squire
If you are using a cab then check your Jamma Harness for the Inputs to the monitor.....mabey the ground wire came loose or the SYNC?

That is all I can think of, unless you are not getting enought power to your PCB.

ttooddddyy

PNG FTW,
"are we allowed to talk about non neo geo tech ?'s here??"
by all means.

jamma uses red, green and blue drives. There is no chrominance (or colour) signal. Perhaps you are missing R,G or B which will give a distorted colouration, but to end up with a B & W image is not really possible. Can you take a piccy.

It can happen on a home system because there is a NTSC or PAL encoder involved. But not jamm/ mvs. :spock:

Last edited:

ttooddddyy

PNG FTW,
Looking at the title shot of viewpoint in the other thread the blacks and whites seem inverted (like a negative, blacks are white and visa vera) I dont have a Viewpoint cart but just started the game in Mame and it looks reversed to me. Its not a good piccy but would you say the peak whites and black level are reversed. If so it sheds more light on the issue.

Robert Wallace

Sieger's Squire
Toddy:

Yes you are correct, the B&W do seem to be inerted..... mabey we can take this topic to PM or just bump my old post again. I dont want to get off topic here.

Another bump for this thread.

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
ok,heres whats up.
i have a pit fighter jamma.i know.pit fighter sucks.but i couldn't pass it up for $10.00.and the person swore it worked.thats the thing about people who sell pcb's.they think if it powers up it works.

anyway,i am playing it on a mas super nova arcade system.now i have no trouble with my other boards at all.just pit fighter.

i am running it using av cables.no s-video.when i turn the system on.the game comes up in black and white.also before i turn the system there is a message on my tv "unusable signal".this usually goes away when i turn the game on.but for pit fighter it stays on.
also is it possible to turn the sound down on a jamma board??
my pit fighter jamma is extremely loud.i see no type of nobs to do this after examining it for about 10 minutes.

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
ttooddddyy said:
"are we allowed to talk about non neo geo tech ?'s here??"
by all means.

jamma uses red, green and blue drives. There is no chrominance (or colour) signal. Perhaps you are missing R,G or B which will give a distorted colouration, but to end up with a B & W image is not really possible. Can you take a piccy.

It can happen on a home system because there is a NTSC or PAL encoder involved. But not jamm/ mvs. :spock:

i dont have a digital cam.maybe i can find someone to let me use one.

Bishamon

Azu Bla, ,
The issue may be with the video signal.

The Seibu SPI system outputs a video signal that is tough for most televisions to grab onto. I tried it through a VCR, which figured it wasn't even getting a signal and just displayed a blue screen. On the TV it would display, but it was off center and in black and white. Finally I went to a Hauppauge WinTV FM card which, in combination with the DScaler software, displays the image quite nicely in full color.

Oh, I should add that I am using a SuperNova as well, and all other PCBs I've tried work just fine.

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
Bishamon said:
The issue may be with the video signal.

Finally I went to a Hauppauge WinTV FM card which, in combination with the DScaler software, displays the image quite nicely in full color.

where do i find this hauppauge wintv fm card and dscaler software??i am playing this on a regular tv not a computer.

Bishamon

Azu Bla, ,
greedostick said:
where do i find this hauppauge wintv fm card and dscaler software??i am playing this on a regular tv not a computer.

The card and software is designed to work with a computer (obviously), so it may not be ideal in your situation.

The cards are fairly common TV tuner cards and the software is actually freeware:

www.dscaler.com