PDA

View Full Version : KOF 2003 loke test report

Pages : [1] 2

beelzebubble
11-17-2003, 06:33 AM
so i went to the loke test and stuck round for about 2 hours...

it was chock full of ppl of course... all the regs from monte carlo sitting on the floor in front of the big screen lapping it up. flyers and a few posters with all the staff from across the road ive seen the last couple of times..

o yeah 1st up metal slug 5 seems to be out here now.. is that old news?

anyways..

initial impression... WTF happened to the new system.... and this is like a 99 feel with very artistic backgrounds that each have different color ranges and an england 99 feel to them. all the characters seem to have added frames here and there at the minimum

it would be like this from my first impression:

totally new sprites (new chars)
redrawn sprites and or just a new outfit
touched up with new frames or added frames..
possible rips

so in group one is : ash, dyuoron (duron in eng), shen u, malin,
tizoc...

group two : yama (looks totally redrawn and has a feel similar to his artwork from 02/03 (i cant remember the artists name now but the guy who drew for svc..), billy is either redrawn or just a new outfit (sorta leather with flames highlighting the arms and legs of his pants and jacket), kyo (new outfit sorta more mature terry motw look but the sprite itself seems to just be his previous one), athena (new outfit only it would seem), beni (only a slightly new outfit with his shirt cutoff or something.. he looks a little dif... oh yeah his hair seems to bend back near the top or something..)

group three is evyone sept those below

group four : terry and gato
next up backgrounds i spotted

jeff bogard
11-17-2003, 06:48 AM
keep them coming, any pictures?

AssassinStrike
11-17-2003, 06:48 AM
gameplay assumptions?

99 was always a bit naft in the gameplay department?
60 secs one rounds all 3 charas can't be right?

beelzebubble
11-17-2003, 06:49 AM
the stages i saw today are:

1. on top of a building, looks sorta like the on top of a building stage from rbff2 (which i like ;) ) only better. there is lots of neon in the background and a big neon neogeo sign as well.. sorta kool with a bit of garbage fluttering around as movement from memory... nice use of bright blue and black as the color scheme

2. looks like venice.. the centre of the stage is a big clock face at street level with a street on the right that slopes down and the one on the left sloping up.. lots of ppl watching with 2 guys manipulating puppets in the background.. really nice use of oragne and red.. bright look.

3. a fairground on train lines.. think the three train lines drawing closer to each other as they stretch to the horizon line ala kof 98 but only the far left one has a train on it.. ppl with balloons.. kids and parents.. lots of activity and a bright blue sky and green grass... nice use of blue and light green

4. a japanese temple at night with the middle of the screen being japanese poplars lit up by huge traditional japanese paper lanterns.. in the bg on the left you can see a traditional japanese castle...

5. a mayan/aztec temple... lots of moss covered stones with nice use of greens and browns.. the middle is a huge pyramid temple with a closer one on the left side where you can see each individual stone.. the stone looks really well done..there are some birds perched on the stones in the background

6. a dock, somewhere in south america it would seem with a few locals wearing sombreros (think kof 95 water stage) stiing on the dock.. on the left is a big wall (again aztec looking) and a temple behind it in the distance... two boats are moored at the dock moving up and down with the currents...again blue and bron..

7. venice street at night.. greenish lights and darkened streets completely devoid of ppl, movement...

so i like the backgrounds a lot.. much better than 01 or 02 (i thought 02 was ok but not exceptional) better than svc also imo.. feels like 99 to be honest..

next up
game system

SiegfriedFM
11-17-2003, 06:49 AM
Hey, can you tell us what the real roman names for Duoron, Shen Wu and Marin are, i e what it says under the life bars?

beelzebubble
11-17-2003, 06:59 AM
*one timer for the whole round... only one round easy to get a time out BUT they are testing the time.. it swung from super long to super short last loke test so dont worry unnecessarily

*FREAKYYYYYYYYYYY 3 energy bars that rep three chars.. the one that stands out (not looking faded) is the current character..
super stocks down the bottom and an "ok" lamp that indicates tagging in is ok

*oh yeah FUCKING TAGGIN ala mvc2.. looks doable coz it isnt tekken style.. oh no i wasted my character type tagging.. they have tag in attacks (like a cd counter or something) and tag juggles.. i see this guy using malin throw yoyos (the yoyos sit there ala soggy fbs and then tag in ash and throw a green fireball with her for fun.. :)

*dash as usual

*roll as usual

*cd counter as usual

*tag in when the lamp is lit using bc or cd

*tag attack is bc or cd +fb motion with a stock used or free if the tag lamp is lit

*throw as usual (yeah only one button)

*throw reversal as usual (same button as the throw)

*breakfall/mid air recover ab as before

*quick get up ab as fall..

next up
characters new moves and general impressions

SonGohan
11-17-2003, 07:03 AM
Tagging? Like ROTD and MVC2? That sounds cool, as long as it doesn't get too outta hand.

Pink Spider
11-17-2003, 07:03 AM
Hmmm... sounds interesting.. :spock:

beelzebubble
11-17-2003, 07:04 AM
"ash" for ash crimson
"malin" for マリン
"duron" for i cant remember how it was written in katakana
"shen" i think for シェン ウー

Fygee
11-17-2003, 07:04 AM
Are the colors horribly washed out like they were in '01 and '02?

What's the general opinion of the new characters there?

AssassinStrike
11-17-2003, 07:06 AM
Does the tagging mean long winded combos or something?

one life bar split in 3 60 secs?

NeoDragoN
11-17-2003, 07:11 AM
Super DM Tag combo's with certain characters? PLEASE!

Terry and Gato Ripped :( :(

beelzebubble
11-17-2003, 07:19 AM
Are the colors horribly washed out like they were in '01 and '02?

no it honestly looks very close to 99

Ilovejapangirls
11-17-2003, 07:21 AM
Beelzebubble said

*dash as usual

:O? There is no run????

damn snkp

Fygee
11-17-2003, 07:21 AM
That makes me happy in ways you cannot fathom. Good to see they're getting their graphical groove back. :D

What about the music? Awesome like in '00 and before, okay like '02, or complete trash like '01?

deathknight
11-17-2003, 07:22 AM
Originally posted by Ilovejapangirls
Beelzebubble said

*dash as usual

damn snkp

dude this is THE best kof ever!!! I LOVE IT:buttrock: :buttrock:

Decepticon
11-17-2003, 07:28 AM
Great news indeed!

If the MOTW sprites are ripped, do the KOF sprites stand out and is there a huge graphical difference or are all sprites MOTW quality?

NeoDragoN
11-17-2003, 07:29 AM
Originally posted by Decepticon
Great news indeed!

If the MOTW sprites are ripped, do the KOF sprites stand out and is there a huge graphical difference or are all sprites MOTW quality?

Surely height should be a problem since KOF chracters are much taller than the "SF Zero style" Motw chqracters (big feet), i really hope they don't stand out like a sore thumb!

Decepticon
11-17-2003, 07:32 AM
Originally posted by NeoDragoN
Surely height should be a problem since KOF chracters are much taller than the "SF Zero style" Motw chqracters (big feet), i really hope they don't stand out like a sore thumb!

Same here. Man I hope they are redrawn and not ripped.

beelzebubble
11-17-2003, 07:38 AM
random bits:

*when a character dies they fall over and their body fades away like theyve been beamed up by the enterprise.. looks sorta cool

*k has an air fb

*when you super you are surrounded by a pink spinning ring sorta like the old guys card attack in ninja masters and there is a screen flash (pitch black) ala svc..

*king has a fireball where she drop kicks it low with her foot, looks cool :)

*mai has a new super where she does the realbout pray and fire sprouts from her body.. this is a huge gout straight up though that does lotsss of damage

*gato has a tung style dashing punch which adds on the end of his palm attack (fb+punch) cant remember if he had this in garou...

*beni has a move where he arcs a hand up and brings it down with pink electricity covering the hand.. looks good and seems to be continuable ala ioris three punch move..

*malin is hinas sister (or she looks it at least in her clothes etc) she is a mixture of choi (with the air dash attacks.. saw a guy classic choiing with 2 forward one back), may lee (attitude and hiphop/raver style) and with a yo yo.. she can throw at least two yoyos out and let them sit there spinning..

*ash looks very kula is with the green energy fb and a kula style dp which is kicks instead of punches...

*shen looks and has moves similar to rock.. he wears a jacket unbuttoned and sorta looks like a crazier k9999.... (mixed with kula style kicks and sprite)

*duron looks like a female zero with the same cape (it may not be zero might be the guy after him in 01??) and stands in a snake stance...

*all three members stand on the screen at the start of a round..

thats about all at this point.. plan to spend a half day there again this thursday as im at work tue , wed.. ill actually have a go too..

beelzebubble
11-17-2003, 07:40 AM
Beelzebubble said

*dash as usual

damn snkp

sorry run they HAVE RUNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

deathknight
11-17-2003, 07:43 AM
Originally posted by beelzebubble
random bits:

*when a character dies they fall over and their body fades away like theyve been beamed up by the enterprise.. looks sorta cool

*k has an air fb

*when you super you are surrounded by a pink spinning ring sorta like the old guys card attack in ninja masters and there is a screen flash (pitch black) ala svc..

*mai has a new super where she does the realbout pray and fire sprouts from her body.. this is a huge gout straight up though that does lotsss of damage

*gato has a tung style dashing punch which adds on the end of his palm attack (fb+punch) cant remember if he had this in garou...

*beni has a move where he arcs a hand up and brings it down with pink electricity covering the hand.. looks good and seems to be continuable ala ioris three punch move..

*malin is hinas sister (or she looks it at least in her clothes etc) she is a mixture of choi (with the air dash attacks.. saw a guy classic choiing with 2 forward one back), may lee (attitude and hiphop/raver style) and with a yo yo.. she can throw at least two yoyos out and let them sit there spinning..

*ash looks very kula is with the green energy fb and a kula style dp which is kicks instead of punches...

*shen looks and has moves similar to rock.. he wears a jacket unbuttoned and sorta looks like a crazier k9999.... (mixed with kula style kicks and sprite)

*duron looks like a female zero with the same cape (it may not be zero might be the guy after him in 01??) and stands in a snake stance...

thats about all at this point.. plan to spend a half day there again this thursday as im at work tue , wed.. ill actually have a go too..

beezle, that's awesome, you tha best!:mr_t:

but eh, are those new chars nicely animated and all? and new styles? and are the other characters moving more "fluently"?

thanks ^^

Decepticon
11-17-2003, 07:47 AM
random bits:

*k has an air fb

Very interesting but I likey.

You rock beelzebubble :buttrock: :buttrock: :buttrock:

beelzebubble
11-17-2003, 07:49 AM
beezle, that's awesome, you tha best!

but eh, are those new chars nicely animated and all? and new styles? and are the other characters moving more "fluently"?

thanks ^^

it looks like theyve put a fair bit of effort into it.. everyone seems to have extra frames and the graphics seem 99 standard.. moves properties seem different with different priorites.. more juggles or hits added to moves etc.. seems quite tweaked and at this very early point seems nice and tight :)

the new systems dont seem overwhelming or stupid.. overall ive got a good feeling about it...

oh yeah SSZERO fucking rocks btw.. man i am loving that game at the moment :D

deathknight
11-17-2003, 08:00 AM
thanks man:glee: man i can't tell you guys how much i LIKE this game so far...:buttrock: :buttrock:

(you get the idea:drool_2: )

Setsuna1982
11-17-2003, 08:03 AM
if graphics are like kof99 that's the best news we can hear because kof99 have the best sprites in the saga.

I hope the "collision sparks" (when you hit an enemy) are as detailed as in 99.

For some reason since 2k they're quite "darker" like the specials. In 99 the specials were wonderful

honeyman
11-17-2003, 08:03 AM
That's a wicked report Beezlebubble.

God dammit, I wish I was still there:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Average Joe
11-17-2003, 08:04 AM
Nice info.

Before reading that I didn't care one lick about this new game, but now I'm kinda excited.

Tag System though...

That could be really good or really bad.

beelzebubble
11-17-2003, 08:05 AM
hey honeyman :)

yeah the old loke test days lol

man the joysticks at neo land suck... and its 100 yen a go :(

ill keep the playing to 50 yen and good joysticks at monte carlo i think

beelzebubble
11-17-2003, 08:07 AM
Tag System though...

That could be really good or really bad.

yep, i agree 100%.. initial impression is that its gonna be good though and not spoil the game ala strikers (which i hated specially in 2000)

beelzebubble
11-17-2003, 08:09 AM
yo beezle tell me something about Yamazaki. i read snake charmer changed or something like that a new max super and other stuff i want to know. i allready like his team the best.

yama looks slimmer and buffer with a really well defined chest.. all his movement looks tweaked and he has the dagger super i think where his arms go like an octopus (like lins super) and he whips the oppenent as they are lying on the ground.. looks cool..

Fygee
11-17-2003, 08:10 AM
How's the music? :multi_co:

honeyman
11-17-2003, 08:19 AM
Originally posted by Fygee
How's the music? :multi_co:

YEAH YEAH, HOW'S THE MUSIC IN THE GAME BEEZLE?????:confused:

deathknight
11-17-2003, 08:23 AM
and what about jhun, old sprite or..? and did they mention anything about more info in the next arcadia or..?:drool: :drool_2:

beelzebubble
11-17-2003, 08:26 AM
didnt peep jhun.. didnt even hear the music at all.. i didnt line up for a go and it was too crowded...

next arcadia is a given id say..

Amano Jacu
11-17-2003, 08:33 AM
How does the tag system work? Does it mean you can switch the fighter in the middle of the fight, just like MVSC or ROTD?

GENOCIDE CUTTER '94
11-17-2003, 08:37 AM
I wonder if we'll be treated to a really evil, hard as nails boss who eats credits like an experienced prostitute eats the cawk? After Goenitz, the kof bosses became rather crap and easy to beat, with Krizalid being the hardest one in recent years. Give me the pre-98 Rugals, and kof96 Chizurus any day. What the fuck is an Ignis anyway? A pretty hairstyle and nothing more. And as for Zero (both of them), dont even get me started on that mustachioed creep and his strange hairstyled, sonic the hedgehog theme-tuned successor.And Orochi was freakin' laughable! Great power, but no AI, or any other kind of I.

Give me a tough boss o Gods of Neo!

MilkManX
11-17-2003, 08:39 AM
Interesting.

Great to hear your input Beez.

Let us know more as you play it. Check out Tizoc/GriffonMask for me.

:D

beelzebubble
11-17-2003, 08:42 AM
Let us know more as you play it. Check out Tizoc/GriffonMask for me.

tizoc looks hell cool :) quite a bit diff than his garou self too which i like (i could be wrong though..)

the tag system is ala rotd or mvc2 though you need the tag light to be flashing to tag.. if it is though you come in.. (without an attack from memory) ill check out in more detail the exact workings of it this week.. i didnt pay attention to whether you have invincible landing frames or not etc..

gozu+mezu
11-17-2003, 08:43 AM
NEOGEO SENTAI TROOPER J: BEELZE BUBBLE, You are a great one. :buttrock:

c.t.h
11-17-2003, 08:45 AM
man, i want pics

beelzebub, we should all chip in and buy you a little button sized digital spy camera, :mr_t:

Spike Spiegel
11-17-2003, 08:45 AM
My big worries: Terry... is he drawn/animated well? Iori: DID THEY CHANGE THAT BASTARD'S HEAD?

Let us know, when you can! Great info so far, thank you so much

Spike

FormlessOne
11-17-2003, 08:50 AM
Great job Beezle, this looks like it's gunna be a good one. I always liked 99' to tell you the truth. You still luv teh cawk tho :glee:

Amano Jacu
11-17-2003, 08:50 AM

the tag system is ala rotd or mvc2 though you need the tag light to be flashing to tag.. if it is though you come in.. (without an attack from memory) ill check out in more detail the exact workings of it this week.. i didnt pay attention to whether you have invincible landing frames or not etc..

OK, so you mean that, say, I am playing with the garou team, and start with Terry. When the tag light flashes, I call in Joe, and then I can continue playing with Joe. And then, when the light flashes again, I can call either Terry (again) or Tizoc?

So this would be totally like MVSC2, only that you can't change whenever you want, which is actually good.

Definately the most revolutionary change in a KoF in 10 years... :drool_2:

beelzebubble
11-17-2003, 08:54 AM
i am pretty sure thats how it works amano... how you choose who to call i am not sure.. i didnt check if the two button combos were assigned to separate characters or not... i wasnt there long enough to take it all in properly.. :)

FeelGood
11-17-2003, 08:56 AM
Beelz, you fucking brown-noser.

Great info. I'm actually psyched for KoF again.

When will I learn?...

kernow
11-17-2003, 08:57 AM
Its cool I suppose that a tag feature is in, but Amano, its hardly revolutionary, I mean, what else could they have done by manipulating the main engine a little. not much.

Nice art though

Kevin Paul
11-17-2003, 08:59 AM
Thanks for the report. You definitely got me wanting to plunk down the $335 for the game (Release it on AES now).

So, is the character you tag in vunerable or invincible the moment you call them in (or does the game pause). I just don't want that MVC/Tekken Tag b.s.

beelzebubble
11-17-2003, 09:02 AM
i am pretty sure thats how it works amano... how you choose who to call i am not sure.. i didnt check if the two button combos were assigned to separate characters or not... i wasnt there long enough to take it all in properly.. :)

beelzebubble
11-17-2003, 09:03 AM
Beelz, you fucking brown-noser.

where is rade my arch nemisis?? kernow just doesnt do the job as well...

Amano Jacu
11-17-2003, 09:07 AM
Originally posted by kernow
Its cool I suppose that a tag feature is in, but Amano, its hardly revolutionary, I mean, what else could they have done by manipulating the main engine a little. not much.

Nice art though

I know it is hardly revolutionary in fighting games, we've seen it many times, but it still is totally new in a KoF. Much newer than that Striker bullshit they put as a "new" think in 99, which was, anyway, copied from MvsC.

OK, so it is almost like MvsC2, only that you can only do it when the light is on (I'm wondering what it is based on), and still we need to know if you can choose who of the other 2 fighters you call.

KOF_FANATIK
11-17-2003, 09:07 AM
It's different,which is a good thing.

That tag nonsense is ok i guess.

So how does Athena look?
Is the Buster Wolf as flashy as MOTW or shitty as SVC?

Also any cameo's by past SNK characters, plus secret Characters?

On thursday tell us if anyone has gotten to any of the bosses?

And last thing did you see the intro?:p

Andre Poulain
11-17-2003, 09:14 AM
Hey beelzebuble...thanks for the info, you are doing a really great job!:buttrock: :buttrock:

Hey, what you think about the balance of the game? i hope the juggle and the new tag system, don't kill the game like the strikers in 2000 ( i really hate them)

What you think about this? the game looks unbalanced or something?..

sorry my poor english..

gozu+mezu
11-17-2003, 09:19 AM
hey beelze, how athena outfit look like?

Average Joe
11-17-2003, 09:20 AM
Since everyone else is asking questions, I might as well...

hey beelze, what brand of condoms do you use?

thanks.

beelzebubble
11-17-2003, 09:27 AM
i just checked. the brand is jex.. its a japanese condom company..

athenas outfits is like a mini skirt and tank top from memory with a stripe around the lower part of each... i only glimpsed her though so ill have to confirm..

to early to say whether the game is cheap.. seemed pretty tight based on priorities and the like that i saw though..

Vegetto
11-17-2003, 09:53 AM
Hi There..

Thanks for the Info Beez...

I also had a question concerning Yamazaki....

I noticed from the Movelist sheet that had been released and scanned up that Yamazaki has a "Raging Demon" type motion for 1 of his Supers...Do you have any info on this?? Is it possible thats just a new motion for his HSDM from KOF2K2...

Also do you know if he still has the Drill super or the Guillotine Super..

Did you see any new win poses or intro against certain characters with him..

Thanks again.

bluSmurf
11-17-2003, 10:00 AM
What the fuck man!? Athena gets a make over every fucken year, and Iori doesn't even get new moves at least? It's bad enough he had that outfit for like 10 years now.

RabbitTroop
11-17-2003, 10:07 AM
Originally posted by bluSmurf
What the fuck man!? Athena gets a make over every fucken year, and Iori doesn't even get new moves at least? It's bad enough he had that outfit for like 10 years now.

I still say that Athena is the heart of SNK Playmore... for one, I am almost sure they named themselves after the game Athena, the original SNK game. When you die she speaks "Playmore" ;) Then, she gets the make over in the KOFs... becomes God in SvC, etc... She really is Playmore's favorite.

-Nick

Amano Jacu
11-17-2003, 10:08 AM

Athena is a girl and Iori is not... who goes shopping more often? :rolleyes:

jeff bogard
11-17-2003, 10:14 AM
Does kyo have a bandana? did iori get his grin back? How does the new hero play? Does iori still wear the same thing? Does Kim play like in 2k2?

Alex0916
11-17-2003, 10:28 AM
Originally posted by nruva
I still say that Athena is the heart of SNK Playmore... for one, I am almost sure they named themselves after the game Athena, the original SNK game. When you die she speaks "Playmore" ;) Then, she gets the make over in the KOFs... becomes God in SvC, etc... She really is Playmore's favorite.

-Nick I was starting to notice that myself she is what Chun Li is to capcom.

jeff bogard
11-17-2003, 10:32 AM
the bosses, can you explain a little bit more about them?

Moriya
11-17-2003, 10:34 AM
yama looks slimmer and buffer with a really well defined chest.. all his movement looks tweaked and he has the dagger super i think where his arms go like an octopus (like lins super) and he whips the oppenent as they are lying on the ground.. looks cool..

Isn't that his KOF2002 HSDM?

Amix
11-17-2003, 10:36 AM
Originally posted by Moriya
Isn't that his KOF2002 HSDM?

Yes.

Shito
11-17-2003, 10:37 AM
Rumors say there's a radical change in Iori's outfit. The moon eclipse symbol attached on his back is now changed with the writing 'since 1995'.

Spike Spiegel
11-17-2003, 10:40 AM
Originally posted by Shito
Rumors say there's a radical change in Iori's outfit. The moon eclipse symbol attached on his back is now changed with the writing 'since 1995'.

Are you serious? :spock: Does this mean we can expect his WHOLE HEAD animations to be finally changed? I can't wait to see this game in motion!

Spike

jeff bogard
11-17-2003, 10:42 AM
about iori and his 1995 on his back, were you being sarcastic?

bluSmurf
11-17-2003, 10:42 AM
They are just fucken abusing Athena. Every fucken year she is completely redrawn. But they only add a move or a new DM to Iori after sacrificing half the shit he had. Honestly, Iori is the most fucken boring character in the fucken game. Nothing new at all. I kinda liked what they did to him in 2001 because everything connects. Plus you have 3 options after qcb + p twice. But they had to take that shit off .. SNKP sucks dick

insaneben
11-17-2003, 10:59 AM
Thanks for going out of your way to get all this info, beezlebubble! I've got a few questions:

1) Is Hinako any better than she was in KOF 2000/01 (i.e. has she gotten any better, or does she still suck)?

2) Do any KOF characters appear in any of the BGs?

3) Were they handing out any free goodies at the loke test?

SouthtownKid
11-17-2003, 11:27 AM
the tag system is ala rotd or mvc2 though you need the tag light to be flashing to tag.. if it is though you come in.. (without an attack from memory) ill check out in more detail the exact workings of it this week.. i didnt pay attention to whether you have invincible landing frames or not etc.. What causes the tag light to come on? Is it a special "tag area", like in Kizuna...?

geekabilly
11-17-2003, 11:28 AM
This is looking awesome.. any news on the release date?? Also i don't know if it was answered yet.. are the MOTW fighters just rips? Or do they have new frames or a KOF makeover?:p

Electroman
11-17-2003, 11:35 AM
Athena is Playmore's new Fetish.

I never got into KOF (never had the opportunity really) but I'll say that I am intrigued in this edition of KOF2k3. Thanks Beez for your reports!

Greedo
11-17-2003, 11:35 AM
http://www.ba.wakwak.com/~d_evil/svc/273_1.jpg

http://www.ba.wakwak.com/~d_evil/svc/276_1.jpg

http://www.ba.wakwak.com/~d_evil/svc/277_1.jpg

http://www.ba.wakwak.com/~d_evil/svc/245_1.jpg

More pictures HERE (http://www.ba.wakwak.com/~d_evil/cgi-bin/svc/sr2_bbs.cgi?action=showlast&cat=&txtnumber=log&next_page=0&t_type=normal) :buttrock:

Marco-big-bro
11-17-2003, 11:47 AM
it just look great... i'm so happy..;)

Mushiki
11-17-2003, 12:00 PM
Just beautiful.

Myloch
11-17-2003, 12:12 PM
Why all say that Ash Crimson is lame? I want to see images and videos of Ash in action before to judge him! And I'm sure that some other characters (secret) will be in the roster. I heard about Chizuru in the game as a mid-boss... :eek:

Shito
11-17-2003, 12:14 PM
Originally posted by jeff bogard
about iori and his 1995 on his back, were you being sarcastic?

What do you think? :oh_no:

Seriuosly, the new Iori sprites sports on his back the symbol of 'recycle'. You know those three green arrows forming something lie a triangle, right? That's the thing. :rolleyes:

qube
11-17-2003, 12:27 PM
More fine loc test work Beezle!

Any sightings of NESTS characters??!!

Q-

Myloch
11-17-2003, 12:28 PM
hmmm...i'm thinking why kensou and bao are not in tha game...did Long abduct them? :smirk:
Probably answers as soon as we'll know the background story...

Fran
11-17-2003, 12:51 PM
no new costumes for mai and mary
rbs mary would be a gift from the heavens
that aside,playmore rocks

maybe everything's not lost

maybe

honeyman
11-17-2003, 01:05 PM
Originally posted by Fran
no new costumes for mai and mary
rbs mary would be a gift from the heavens
that aside,playmore rocks

maybe everything's not lost

maybe

It's nice to see you chiming in as well:) ! I'd agree with that comment though; keep it as a maybe until I get the chance to give the game the works myself (although how long that will be, who knows:( .....)

Evil Wasabi
11-17-2003, 01:09 PM
Playmore is underrated...
No matter how some people claim to dislike them, they're still there waiting for new games releases... Heh.

jeff bogard
11-17-2003, 01:18 PM
so far so good. I'm really looking forward to this game.

Electroman
11-17-2003, 01:24 PM
You know something fellas, since SVC, I have fallen in love with the artwork SNKP has put out. I really love the style of portrait artwork they have put into SVC, and now KOF2003! Its a sort of a Anime/Cellshaded/Comic combination isn't it? I really feel its my favorite art style I've seen ever in a videogame! I loved how Chun-Li's portraits and others in SVC were drawn and seeing how pretty<and cute> Athena is, in this KOF2003... OMG I love it :Blushes:

bokmeow
11-17-2003, 01:48 PM

Iori is a loner, he doesn't f***ing care if he looks good or not, and he doesn't care about anyone else's evaluation.

Besides, when you live in the fast lane, and expect to die any second, why buy new attire?

Dizzy11523
11-17-2003, 02:17 PM
this roster looks boring as hell.

BarfHappy
11-17-2003, 02:55 PM
ビーゾルえらい〜
お疲れ様〜〜〜〜

ロケテス情報・りがとう御座いました〜

今からはっきり見える画面ショット待ってるぴょん (^ ^)

SiegfriedFM
11-17-2003, 03:02 PM
Sore wa nani?

Solidus Snake
11-17-2003, 03:14 PM
Hm. KOF 2003 sounds very interesting I can't wait to pick up the MVS cart.

dragonwillow
11-17-2003, 03:28 PM
Originally posted by Dizzy11523
this roster looks boring as hell.
I'm sure the new system will make up for it.

BeyondTheGrave
11-17-2003, 03:44 PM
Originally posted by Shito
Seriuosly, the new Iori sprites sports on his back the symbol of 'recycle'. You know those three green arrows forming something lie a triangle, right? That's the thing. :rolleyes:

:lol:

Myloch
11-17-2003, 03:46 PM
Some more info...

-Tagteam is somewhat similar to MvC
-3 life bars on top, not confirmed if life regenerate or not.
-qcf+BC is tag team change while taunting, and qcf+CD is tagteam change while attacking.
-Only allowed tagging when "CHANGE OKAY" appears
-Tag order is always 1st->2nd->3rd->1st and repeat.
-Game goes like stage 1-3, stage 4 is mid boss, stage 5-6, and final stage.
-Mid boss are Kusanagi and Adel, they have 3 hp bars together.

Char specific details:
-Ash is similar to Remy of SF3 in many ways.
-Duoron(deyuoron) has some invisible/hard to notice moves, including a move that use shadows and a move that's similar to Aoi Hana. DM is a long range smoke-like projectile.
-Shen is a boxer, only uses fist.
-Gato was redrawn, but overall plays just like MOTW version.
-Benimaru's qcbx2+B/D super has gain tremendous speed increase.
-K's new air move is a kick downwards with flames.
-Leona has been weakened; earring bomb now has some interesting properties.
-King is very strong; now her projectile splits into high hit and low hit (instead of 2 mid ones)
-Robert: Fireball can hit low; his spinning kick attack now requires input in mid-move
-Billy regained his uppercut; f+A changed

Credits goes to KOFUnion for all the wonderful translations.

Adam Gallant
11-17-2003, 03:58 PM
King is very strong; now her projectile splits into high hit and low hit (instead of 2 mid ones)

MWA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA~! ALL WILL BOW DOWN!

that is all.

-AG

alec
11-17-2003, 04:15 PM
cool, finally a kof that plays a little different. I wasn't expecting this much from 2003. playmore seems to be shaping up.

Mushiki
11-17-2003, 04:16 PM
Originally posted by Electroman
You know something fellas, since SVC, I have fallen in love with the artwork SNKP has put out. I really love the style of portrait artwork they have put into SVC, and now KOF2003! Its a sort of a Anime/Cellshaded/Comic combination isn't it? I really feel its my favorite art style I've seen ever in a videogame! I loved how Chun-Li's portraits and others in SVC were drawn and seeing how pretty<and cute> Athena is, in this KOF2003... OMG I love it :Blushes:

Haha, that is mostly because Falcoon is responsible for the art of both SNK vs Capcom: CHAOS and King of Fighters 2003.

Myloch
11-17-2003, 04:18 PM
For people who is crying for Vanessa, Ramon and Maylee...
Vanessa is not in kof2k3 because there is a boxer in the hero team, Ramon is not in the game because Tizoc is a wrestler just like him and MayLee is too similar to Jhun in some ways to be in the same game.

Ilovejapangirls
11-17-2003, 04:20 PM
Mushiki i think Nona did SVC artworks

SouthtownKid
11-17-2003, 04:53 PM
Originally posted by Myloch
Vanessa is not in kof2k3 because there is a boxer in the hero team, Ramon is not in the game because Tizoc is a wrestler just like him and MayLee is too similar to Jhun in some ways to be in the same game.
Or maybe because Iori did kill Vanessa, Ramon and Seth in their ending in KOF '01 (KOF '02 was a dream match and contained other supposedly dead characters like Orochi Team, Mature and Vice). Dammit, Iori -- that's why no one wants to team up with you. Quit killing/maiming your teammates. It seems like Billy is the only survivor of an Iori team-up.

Amano Jacu
11-17-2003, 05:00 PM
Originally posted by Myloch

I don't think that is actually the reason, like there weren't fighters similar between them in every kof (or every fighting game).

I think is more because that fighters were not very popular and they decided to sac them.

Spike Spiegel
11-17-2003, 05:01 PM
Falcoon did the artwork for SvC? I know that the pics pre fight are wonderful. Now I know why?

Falcoon is my favorite gaming artist ever... not just saying that because he's making for SNKP now, but I've been following his website for years.

Spike

Mushiki
11-17-2003, 05:03 PM
Originally posted by Ilovejapangirls
Mushiki i think Nona did SVC artworks

As far as I know, Falcoon was in charge of the SVC: Chaos artwork, at least for ingame art and portraits, he was hired by SNK while the game was already being developed, that is why the game still features some Nona art. Still, if you check the PlayStation2 cover for SVC, you will notice that it's Falcoon art, and that the portraits from SVC and KOF2003 have the same style...

Just check Terry Bogard from KOF2003 and Ken Masters from SVC: Chaos...

http://gakk.myonlinesite.com/TeKen.jpg

Any questions?

bokmeow
11-17-2003, 05:06 PM
Originally posted by Mushiki
As far as I know, Falcoon was in charge of the SVC: Chaos artwork, at least for ingame art and portraits, he was hired by SNK while the game was already being developed, that is why the game still features some Nona art. Still, if you check the PlayStation2 cover for SVC, you will notice that it's Falcoon art, and that the portraits from SVC and KOF2003 have the same style...

Just check Terry Bogard from KOF2003 and Ken Masters from SVC: Chaos...

http://gakk.myonlinesite.com/TeKen.jpg

Any questions?

Actually, I always thought the portraits looked a lot like the ones for KOF 2002, the guy who does the portraits was the same who did the portraits for KOF 2000 if I'm correct? It's not Falcoon. I think.

SouthtownKid
11-17-2003, 05:12 PM

Any questions?
I think you're confusing character artwork with in-game art. All of the portraits for SvC (the ones on SNKP website) are by Nona, the same as KOF '01 and '02. Falcoon did do the front cover for the AES cart (back cover is Nona) as well as the PS2 cover. edit: Talking about the SvC AES and PS2 here...

xFinnPetersx
11-17-2003, 05:14 PM
Originally posted by bokmeow
Actually, I always thought the portraits looked a lot like the ones for KOF 2002, the guy who does the portraits was the same who did the portraits for KOF 2000 if I'm correct? It's not Falcoon. I think.

yeah. that's true. that's not falcoon. i look at falcoon's shit alot and i'm pretty sure the new stuff is the only snk stuff he's done (aka the website portraits and the svc cover).

i'm almost absolutely sure about this. the in game portraits have been consitently similar in style for the last few games. they're Nona aren't they? somebody tell me if he has a website or something (and/or his full name so i can search around), cause i like his art too.

peace,
xFPx

Mushiki
11-17-2003, 05:20 PM
Hmmm... I wouldn't know... many people have told me it's Falcoon art...

xFinnPetersx
11-17-2003, 05:26 PM
yeah... naw it's not falcoon.

it's Nona.

so are the in games in the ps2 version of 2001 (http://wahrun.proboards16.com/index.cgi?board=general&action=display&num=1066657499).

check it out,
xFPx

SouthtownKid
11-17-2003, 05:29 PM
Hmmm... I wouldn't know... many people have told me it's Falcoon art...
Many people are wrong... Trust us. Compare the back cover of the SvC AES to the in-game portraits -- Nona -- to Falcoon's front cover, and also to his KOF '03 art on SNKP's website. Look at the shape of the heads, the way he draws mouths, etc.

No big deal, just passing the time until the Japan game centers are open so we can get more updates.

xFinnPetersx
11-17-2003, 05:32 PM
Originally posted by SouthtownKid
Many people are wrong... Trust us. Compare the back cover of the SvC AES to the in-game portraits -- Nona -- to Falcoon's front cover, and also to his KOF '03 art on SNKP's website. Look at the shape of the heads, the way he draws mouths, etc.

No big deal, just passing the time until the Japan game centers are open so we can get more updates.

yeah... i'm itching for details.

also good job mentioning the mouths, that's a definite difference.

do you know of a Nona website?

well whatever... details details :) ,
xFPx

Mushiki
11-17-2003, 05:42 PM

I already know the back cover art is from Nona, just like all the character art shown in the official site, but like you stated, the front cover art is by Falcoon.

And, definately, the ingame faces (what I call character portraits) were not drawn by Nona AT ALL, those I say were drawn by Falcoon as well.

SouthtownKid
11-17-2003, 05:44 PM
Originally posted by xFinnPetersx
do you know a Nona website?
No... I was looking for one -- nona.co.jp is a softwaretool supplier -- still looking... Nona's art has really grown on me since '01, I hope he works on some future SNK projects. I like Falcoon too, though. It'd be nice if there were enough upcoming releases for everyone to work on (still dreaming of the return of Shinkiro...)

xFinnPetersx
11-17-2003, 05:59 PM
No... I was looking for one -- nona.co.jp is a softwaretool supplier -- still looking... Nona's art has really grown on me since '01, I hope he works on some future SNK projects. I like Falcoon too, though. It'd be nice if there were enough upcoming releases for everyone to work on

i hated '01's portraits when i first bought the game, but i quickly started to love them. they are just so silly and over-simplified. it's an admirable style. Falcoon is my favorite but i do also like Nona alot.
Also check this guy's art out. (http://www.catsuka.com/interf/insolite/terada/terada_bio.html) some game company needs to hire him... and/or a comic book company. i'm pretty sure he was behind Blood: The Last Vampire's character design.

(still dreaming of the return of Shinkiro...)
keep dreaming :crying:

And, definately, the ingame faces (what I call character portraits) were not drawn by Nona AT ALL, those I say were drawn by Falcoon as well.
i'm pretty sure you're wrong dude. those are Nona drawings simplified for neo geo resolution.

end,
xFPx

DangerousK
11-17-2003, 06:04 PM
(still dreaming of the return of Shinkiro...)

I wouldn't want him doing the artwork anymore.

It started to grow rather stale by 2000. It's nice to see new artists for a change.

Talen
11-17-2003, 06:13 PM
Holy shit. I'm psyched for a KoF again. How did this happen? I'm such a fanbois.

*Runs off to rub one out to the screenshots

JC10001
11-17-2003, 07:02 PM
Hopefully BeelzeBubble can chime in on this... but according to a few other msg boards there are a slew of mid bosses and bosses in this game (7 so far). They are:

Chizuru & Maki (Chizuru's dead sister) together as a team.

R'del - a female boss similar to Rugal. Possibly Rugal's sister or wife.

R'ja - Rugal's even younger sister or daughter? With Mars People morphs?

Zangisu - a knight similar to Zero?

Dias - a Rock Howard look alike with 2K2 Takuma style projectiles

Kusanagi - no longer just a dream. He is a reflection brought to life by Chizuru's mirrors.

nothingxs
11-17-2003, 07:38 PM
Falcoon did the in-game art for SVC Chaos. It is credited thus in the credits once you beat the game.

Rodi
11-17-2003, 07:54 PM
Hey Bleez
If I could ask...

How's Whip in 2k3?
New moves? New sprite? New look? Added Frames?

that's all^^

Dash no Chris
11-17-2003, 08:11 PM
Originally posted by xFinnPetersx
Also check this guy's art out. (http://www.catsuka.com/interf/insolite/terada/terada_bio.html) some game company needs to hire him... and/or a comic book company.
Atlus hired Terada Katsuya to do the artwork for Sol Divide (failing to pick this up when it first came out is still one of my secret shames)...
http://img119.ac.yahoo.co.jp/users/0/1/1/3/ygyz_pi5706-img600x450-1062344293sol_divide.jpg

...and for Atlus' fighting game, Battle K-Road:
http://img109.ac.yahoo.co.jp/users/6/0/6/7/h39jp-img444x600-1067947164tbatlebrade.jpg
http://img109.ac.yahoo.co.jp/users/6/0/6/7/h39jp-img450x600-1067947198tbatlebrade0.jpg

I've been thinking of picking up Terada's Monkey King manga, "Saiyuu Kiden" (published by Shuueisha) -- here's the front and back covers of Vol. 1:
http://img129.ac.yahoo.co.jp/users/4/5/5/6/happy_smile666-img600x450-1067788276dscf0044.jpg
http://img129.ac.yahoo.co.jp/users/4/5/5/6/happy_smile666-img600x450-1067788285dscf0046.jpg

Here's an issue of the Japanese manga art magazine "Comickers" featuring a cover illustration collaboration by Terada and Shinkirou...
http://img113.ac.yahoo.co.jp/users/5/2/7/0/gardenberry37-img600x450-106887831002_004.jpg

...and a Devilman statue that he designed:
http://www.artstorm.co.jp/img/statue/teradv.jpg

This is the front cover of "Virtua Fighter 2 Ten Stories," an absolutely gorgeous hardback manga (published by ASPECT) that got me started on Terada:
http://www.jstarplus.com/img/item/621l.jpg

Here's Terada's homepage (http://www.t3.rim.or.jp/~terra/index.html).

--Chris

SouthtownKid
11-17-2003, 08:26 PM
Originally posted by Dash no Chris
Here's Terada's homepage (http://www.t3.rim.or.jp/~terra/index.html).
Yeah, he's awesome! I've got that Peintabon! book which is a how-to guide for digital painting. I could look at that stuff all day (and have done).

beelzebubble
11-17-2003, 08:42 PM
ビーゾルえらい〜
お疲れ様〜〜〜〜

ロケテス情報・りがとう御座いました〜

今からはっきり見える画面ショット待ってるぴょん (^
^)

へへ_りがとう:D お疲れ様。
うん僕もはっきり映像待っているな。。。デジカメ持っ ていないから。。。

ok.. i watched to see if the energy bars replenish while a character is not tagged in and i am almost 100% sure they dont. so there is no real tactical character swapping to get energy back which i think is a good thing...

i really only spent time watching vs play so i didnt catch a look at any of the bosses.. cant comment on that till thursday..

gato looked like he could be ripped to me but i didnt get a very close look. tizoc on the other hand looked quite different and i am almost 100% sure he isnt ripped...

yeah king definitely has the low kick fb i mentioned initially plus the double mid fireball.. as for the single mid fb i am not sure...
she can also do the spinning kick move (hcb+k??) but the light one finishes after the first hit...

JC10001
11-17-2003, 08:44 PM
BeelzeBubble... which of those bosses that I mentioned (if any) can you confirm?

beelzebubble
11-17-2003, 09:00 PM
i didnt see any bosses..

OrochiEddie
11-17-2003, 09:11 PM
Are there any favorites (to tiers) as of yet? Any special openings?

jeff_mangum
11-17-2003, 09:23 PM
Maybe a stupid question, but is Duoron(or whatever the fucking name is) a guy or girl?

Mushiki
11-17-2003, 09:41 PM
Dyuron is a girl.

Rodi
11-17-2003, 10:04 PM
Huh what?
No, I'm pretty sure it's a guy. O.o

Oh and Bleez, anything on Whip yet? ^^;;

Mushiki
11-17-2003, 10:07 PM
http://gakk.myonlinesite.com/Illust.jpg

Seems like I was right from the start, xFinnPetersx and SouthtownKid...

Oh, and, nothingxs, thank you for the help.

DevilRedeemed
11-17-2003, 10:39 PM
this may sound ridiculous but I assure you that in game art was not done by falcoon.

though the style has been watered down so as not to be so abrasive, Ia m still 99.9% sure this is the same guy that done KOF 2K1 artwork.

If I'm wrong, I'm wrong but its just not consistent with falcoonエs art style.
this is way more left-field.

SouthtownKid
11-17-2003, 10:49 PM
Well, if Illustrator refers to the in-game art, I definitely stand corrected. Wish I could say that's the first time I've made myself look like an idiot...

Anyway, for anyone who's there, have you seen Terry do a Rising Tackle? I't's not on the move list (well, neither is power dunk -- it's a short list), and he is wearing the Garou jacket. And what does his Power Stream look like?

Decepticon
11-17-2003, 10:56 PM

PWN3D!

:D

I do believe Nona did the original art and later Falcoon was commissioned to redo the art (and then later given a permanent job) but I can be mistaken.

SiegfriedFM
11-17-2003, 11:03 PM
I wonder. "Illustration" mostly refers to out-of-game art. For example Yoshitaka Amano is credited for illustrations for Final Fantasy 7-9 while he didn't do a single painting inside the games except the logos.

Then again both Nona and Falcoon are good enough artists to copy others' style, but I doubt it. Look at any of Falcoon's low res pictures for Cardfighters 2 (you can find millions of them at any forum as avatars ^_^). They look very different from the KoF and SvC portraits.

I think the portraits are drawn by some of the sprite artists, possibly using artwork as guides. They have to, after all, match the colors of the sprites.

Kid Aphex
11-18-2003, 12:07 AM

:rolleyes:

The character portraits [on the website, for instance] were done by NONA.

Nothing else

xFinnPetersx
11-18-2003, 01:27 AM

... i'm now slightly less sure that you're not right. i've heard the opposite of what you mentioned many many many more times. i'm not in this/that/whatever to argue though... i just think you may be wrong/not completely right and since it had been brought up (earlier in the thread) i figured i'd try and help clarify the situation/discussion.

i'm not calling myself falcoon scholar number one and i'm not saying i have definitive proof, i am saying that SVC in game portraits do not look like falcoon artwork. maybe (as SiegfriedFM mentioned) they could be "portraits drawn by some of the sprite artists, possibly using artwork as guides" but even if that is the case, they still don't look like art that was "traced" from a falcoon guide/master. a credit for "illustrator" doesn't count for much (proof wise) because in this case it is very vague.

the Nona shit i didn't know much about (to be honest i'm trying to get to know more about him because i enjoy his art)... i assumed/assume that what falcoon didn't do, Nona did. and to my knowledge until KOF '03 falcoon has still done limited (not much) SNK work. etc...

you get more info... feel free to PM me, but until then let us please keep it quiet because this subject is a little off the thread topic. so yeah by all means PM me with some proof if you got any (or not... i'm not sure if i really care), but really i'd like to hear more news from the "News & Rumors" board.

tonight is the night that we ride,
xFPx

Andre Poulain
11-18-2003, 01:35 AM
in svc chaos: nona did the characters illustrations, and the "in game art" ,the win portraits, the faces when the characters are talking..etc are falcoon art.

in kof 2003, falcoon do all the job... illustrations and in-game art

the art of nona are similar a little..but nona uses more textures and a oil painting look, falcoon uses more plane colors.. check his site.

valenti
11-18-2003, 01:58 AM
Please I hope Ryo has been improved a little, he's good but I want some new changes for this guy, a move or something!! But I don't want big changes like Takuma..

Oh and I'm guessing theres no more super canceling? Hope so, I had enough of that since 2k1.

Ilovejapangirls
11-18-2003, 04:40 AM
Mushiki i was talking about artworks on manual,mooks and these things

^^ sorry

Goenitz_196
11-18-2003, 07:40 AM
Hehe now we have a boss whose name sounds like an AMD Processor....

GENOCIDE CUTTER '94
11-18-2003, 08:34 AM
Originally posted by JC10001
Hopefully BeelzeBubble can chime in on this... but according to a few other msg boards there are a slew of mid bosses and bosses in this game (7 so far). They are:
R'del - a female boss similar to Rugal. Possibly Rugal's sister or wife.

R'ja - Rugal's even younger sister or daughter? With Mars People morphs?

I F**KIN' hope this turns out to be more than rumer! :D

Blastrezz
11-18-2003, 11:04 AM
hm, guys you were talking about Nona and Falcoon. Whereas Falcoon has a VERY unique style I normally dont like SNK/P seems to have set some rules for his new artist. That means he almost certainly wasn't allowed to ENTIRELY draw at his free will. Of course he certainly has been given the opportunity to maintain his style but the new arts look a bit.... tamed.... It's not the strange style he normally does.

Oh, and some of Nona's arts really kick ass :D Some are not entirely my taste but are still better than what Falcoon does most of the time. Of course this is "imo".
By the way Nona is a woman as I've been told. I've never seen the artist behind the name "Nona", of course, but just I've heard Nona is a female. I've been searching the net for a website of hers but I also failed to find something :( That is too bad because Falcoon has/had a real big collection on his website....
I'd be glad for any good links to Nona art. KoF2k2 stuff ruled.

greets,

--Blast

David Fallows
11-18-2003, 12:05 PM
What was that guys name who illustrated everything before the Playmore takeover? He works at Capcom now I know that much.

His artwork was the greatest videogame artwork ever IMHO. Playmore should have hired him from Capcom for a couple of weeks for the 2003 art. That would have made me very happy indeed.

Evil Wasabi
11-18-2003, 12:29 PM
You people should keep in mind good artists can change their style when needed / asked...

deathknight
11-18-2003, 12:31 PM
Originally posted by David Fallows
What was that guys name who illustrated everything before the Playmore takeover? He works at Capcom now I know that much.

His artwork was the greatest videogame artwork ever IMHO. Playmore should have hired him from Capcom for a couple of weeks for the 2003 art. That would have made me very happy indeed.

shinkiro? btw the art so far is the best kof art yet.. (imo) just look at k' damnit! AWESOME:drool: :buttrock:

jeff bogard
11-18-2003, 01:30 PM
http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=69195

SouthtownKid
11-18-2003, 01:47 PM
Not sure how to link this -- but there was a pretty good (if basic) thread on the SNK artists in General Discussion, started on Sept 5, by daybona called "SNK artists"...

jeff bogard
11-18-2003, 03:03 PM
I think Amix knows a lot about the snk artist, you might want to ask him. He did clear some of my questions.

Shawn
11-18-2003, 07:12 PM
Another perspective from the location test in Japan, this author wishes to remain anonymous:

I just got back from the November 17th location test at Neo Geo land in Esaka, Osaka. So, here痴 the skinny on the fatty that is THE KING OF FIGHTERS 2003. Well, I値l say that I was instantly impressed. They managed to do new things with our decade old KOF series that hasn稚 been done before. That is, there is a new tag battle system like that of Kizuna Encounter or Rage of the Dragons. So, yep, individual rounds are gone-a refreshing idea. Before the 3 versus 3 matches begin, you select a lead fighter and then the other 2 players. During battles, all 3 of your team members life bars are shown at the top of the screen. When fighting, you can command your current character to exit for a new team member who will jump in, and resume fighting from there. I知 not sure what the circumstances need to be that you can change characters, but it appears to be related to a power gauge at the bottom of the screen.

The matches I saw looked really fast and intense. Clearly, all the character animation was sped up making this game seem like it痴 on caffeine & pop rocks or something. This KOF really has a hyper tempo.

Like myself, I知 sure many Neo Geo fans look forward to the 斗ook of each new KOF. I gotta say, KOF 2003 is one damn handsome game. Here痴 a few descriptions: European street-looks like Dudley痴 in Street Fighter III New Generation, Honk Kong Building Top. Now this is my favorite stage. It痴 nighttime, and you fight on top of a darkened rooftop and in the background is a futuristic Hong Kong looking cityscape that is brightly illuminated by this kind of whitish florescent lighting-very cool. Moreover, there is a giant Japanese style Neo Geo logo, kanji, and flashing SNK signs on the buildings. Other stages are: a traditional Japanese background at night, the boss stage-a Rugal-esque stage similar to KOF 94痴, a train tracks stage-like the Midwest USA stage in KOF 96, and a nice Indiana Jones style Egypt looking background. Overall I think these backgrounds are considerably better than the last 2 KOFs, and are on par with those in SVC Chaos. With a similar art style to last year痴 KOF, the character headshots look great, but have more impact than KOF 2002痴. The design of the select screen itself borrows aspects of 2002 & 2001.

As far as I致e seen, there are 5 new characters (Ash Crimson, Duoron, Shen Wu, Marin, & Adel), a couple characters new to KOF (Griffon & Gato), and of course, a decent amount of re-drawn characters-Terry, Kyo, Griffon, Robert?, Jhun, Yamazaki, Billy, Shingo, King?, Benimaru, & Athena (there may be more that I didn稚 see). I felt the new fighters were really impressive and cooler than the NESTS team痴 characters (though I really liked K9999). Duoron is one bold character design. He moves like a snake, and looks like a combination of Lin, Ron, Foxy, and Vice. Ash looks a bit like Foxy, K, and a smart looking Santa Claus-a pretty cool flame throwing character. Shen-my fav, stands a bit like Benimaru, and with an open shirt and blonde hair he resembles Dean Earwicker of Tekken. Finally, Adel, the boss, is a kick-ass, female version of Rugal-now that can稚 be a bad thing can it? One move she has that sticks out in my mind is her Reppu-ken kick. In one word: NICE.

One thing that I usually don稚 think much of prior to seeing a new game is the sound and the music. But of course it痴 very important. Well, all the sound effects have a lot of emotion in them, like the voice actors were seriously pissed off when they did the recording. Ryo sounds like he did back in the first AOF. Good stuff. The music is incredible. Think the best parts of KOF 2002 but taken even further. It just has this really intense feeling to it, and would be very worthwhile to make a CD soundtrack of it.

Now, honestly I was really looking forward to this KOF in hopes that we壇 see some serious old school faces, like charas from Burning Fight, etc. So, when I saw that most of the old cast is back, with only the 2 MOTW characters I was little let down. However, there is quite a bit here that is brand new, and great at that. I致e read that some want the KOF series to continue hi-res on Atomswave hardware over the Neo Geo. Well, that痴 swell and all, but the present KOF character sprites are one of the Neo Geo痴 many, many charm points. Those classic pixels give KOF characters weight, and make it a solid & bold game. And, just like honorable old Yoda, I want KOF to die when it痴 time, and at home.

However, I would like to see more of the usual KOF cast gone. I would love to see Han Baedal replace Jhun, and some new big guy in place of the un-aging Chang. Same with AOF, how cool would it be to boot Rob or Yuri for some old man Kyogenryu master, and I don稚 mean Karate pants. Just ideas, but that痴 what makes a game great-fresh ideas, and sharp execution. Small gripes aside, with the new characters, redrawn classics, tag fighting system, great music, and super sharp backgrounds this is going to be an awesome KOF.

- S

Stephane
11-18-2003, 07:15 PM
nice review! only why anonymous ????

Shawn
11-18-2003, 07:23 PM
Originally posted by Stephane
nice review! only why anonymous ????

That was his request, he didn't really explain why.

jeff bogard
11-18-2003, 07:39 PM
Awesome review Shawn, did you get it from one of the programmers or somebody from Playmore? Just wondering....

BarfHappy
11-18-2003, 07:40 PM
ehehe let me guess, he didn t want a hundred replies of questions ? ^^;
Anyway yes it s quite nicely done, makes me wish i were in kansai now X(

beelzebubble
11-18-2003, 09:00 PM
i am pretty sure i know what mr S looks like.. there was another gaijin at both the svc and ss0 tests who honeyman and myself owned a couple of times on svc :)

i saw him again at the kof test last monday..

anyways more impressions 2morrow night.

Big Shady
11-18-2003, 09:54 PM
Beelzebub, you sure are one informative guy. All this infor has really peaked my interest in KOF03, but I should be content with SvCC for awhile now ;)

FormlessOne
11-18-2003, 11:21 PM
A girl Rugal? I don't know if that makes it any better. A girl for a boss is bad enough, but a Rugal-esqu one is even worse IMHO. She better kick my ass when I get to her or I'll be a bit more then dissapointed. :annoyed:

Mushiki
11-18-2003, 11:23 PM
Originally posted by FormlessOne
A girl for a boss is bad enough.

Why? I believe it makes things even more interesting.

Check Dizzy, or Boss I-no for example...

Solidus Snake
11-18-2003, 11:28 PM
Originally posted by FormlessOne
A girl Rugal? I don't know if that makes it any better. A girl for a boss is bad enough,
What about Mizuki? She's bad too right?

Moon Jump
11-19-2003, 12:09 AM
All this info sounds like this is going to be one kick ass year of KOF.

Did anybody see the video that GameSpot has of the game? I can't see it because it's for GS Complete members only.

Hopefully sombody will capture it and link it for the rest of us.

Sklabah
11-19-2003, 12:38 AM
With SvC in my machine and 2K3 in the works, plus a NEW SLUG...?!

Lets just say I'm pretty stoked by the way this is sounding. I'm one of the guys that was really disappointed in KOF 2K2, and the news I'm reading of 2K3 is bringing back that old excitement, that feeling of anticipation; like a six year old on Christmas morning and the parents are still sleeping.

Ash Crimson still looks like a girl, though...:p

jeff bogard
11-19-2003, 12:41 AM
Besides this boss and the one from samsho2, what other female bosses have we had for fighting games.

Mushiki
11-19-2003, 12:44 AM
Dizzy (Guilty Gear X)
I-no (Guilty Gear XX)
Athena (SNK vs Capcom: Chaos)

Korigama
11-19-2003, 12:57 AM
Dizzy (Guilty Gear X)
I-no (Guilty Gear XX)
Athena (SNK vs Capcom: Chaos)

Adding Justice (Guilty Gear) to the list.

Before anyone asks why:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/ps2/game/33891.html

Check the plot FAQ.

Mushiki
11-19-2003, 01:22 AM
I don't know if this should be here, still...

http://www.ba.wakwak.com/~d_evil/svc/367_1.jpg

Korigama
11-19-2003, 03:42 AM
Does anyone know what it says in the first post regarding
the survey form from the loke test on the uploader?

gozu+mezu
11-19-2003, 04:55 AM
i have this questions for those who can go to the loc-test:

1.Is there a "No smoking" sign on billy's new jacket?
2.Can you choose wich next fighter to come in the match, or is it depeding on the order box?
3.what is Marin look like? (angel? maylee? hinako?...)
4.What are kyo's special attacks (between Kyo'95 and '2002)?
5.Have you seen any special pre-match animation?

thanks for the reply

Takumaji
11-19-2003, 07:01 AM
Originally posted by Sklabah
[...] Lets just say I'm pretty stoked by the way this is sounding. I'm one of the guys that was really disappointed in KOF 2K2, and the news I'm reading of 2K3 is bringing back that old excitement, that feeling of anticipation; like a six year old on Christmas morning and the parents are still sleeping.

Ash Crimson still looks like a girl, though...:p

Like a six year old on Xmas morning while the parents are still in their bed... nice man... brought back good memories for a sec...

At the mo I'm forcing myself NOT to get too excited over KoF2k3 because I don't really dig 2k2 and guess that a lot of features of 2k2 will be in 2k3 as well, but all that talk about the tag team thing makes me curious... tagging in KoF? Well, let's see how Eolith/Playmore will execute THIS one. Evoga had their chance with RotD and, well, they didn't make it IMO.

And even higher gameplay speed? Faster than 2k2? Hey, I like fast fighters, but I think that would be a lil' too much.

SiegfriedFM
11-19-2003, 07:11 AM
Female bosses... Uranus from Toshinden. Another Uranus in Bloody Roar. Sissy in Matrimelee. Miranda in Variable Geo. Dural in Virtua Fighter.

the_colonel
11-19-2003, 07:55 AM
Originally posted by Takumaji
Like a six year old on Xmas morning while the parents are still in their bed... nice man... brought back good memories for a sec...

At the mo I'm forcing myself NOT to get too excited over KoF2k3 because I don't really dig 2k2 and guess that a lot of features of 2k2 will be in 2k3 as well, but all that talk about the tag team thing makes me curious... tagging in KoF? Well, let's see how Eolith/Playmore will execute THIS one. Evoga had their chance with RotD and, well, they didn't make it IMO.

And even higher gameplay speed? Faster than 2k2? Hey, I like fast fighters, but I think that would be a lil' too much.

I'm to hoping it will have speed faster or the same as 02, faster the game then the faster the strats come out, kof 02 is very underated by lots of people, funny thing is its a fantastic game, people will realise this sooner or later, 01 is also exellent.

BarfHappy
11-19-2003, 07:58 AM
Beezle: if only tung fu ru could have been of the party ^^
I would have loved seeing him again... maybe in the next fatal fury

FormlessOne
11-19-2003, 08:04 AM
Why? I believe it makes things even more interesting.

Check Dizzy, or Boss I-no for example...
I dislike Guilty Gear, to say the least.....

Originally posted by Solidus Snake
What about Mizuki? She's bad too right?
Yup.

Moriya
11-19-2003, 08:18 AM
Originally posted by SiegfriedFM
Female bosses... Uranus from Toshinden. Another Uranus in Bloody Roar. Sissy in Matrimelee. Miranda in Variable Geo. Dural in Virtua Fighter.

There's one more that I bet no one will remember: Karai from Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Tournament Fighters for the SNES.

beelzebubble
11-19-2003, 08:20 AM
Beezle: if only tung fu ru could have been of the party ^^

yeah i dont know if im gonna be able to play this game.. :(

my team (kensou, choi and ryo) is destroyed with kensou and choi out.. no tung, mr big or honfu either.. ill have to find some alternatives :)

@gozububble

malin looks like hinako face and hair wise.. like may lee in terms of her pants and style (sorta raver chicky hiphop style) and flies around sorta like choi hence my description of her being like an amalgam of those three.. anyways ill be off to neo land 2morrow morn..

MilkManX
11-19-2003, 08:25 AM
Originally posted by Shawn
That was his request, he didn't really explain why.

He might work in the industry(magazine editor?) and that would be considered outside of his work to send info on this game.

Spike Spiegel
11-19-2003, 08:27 AM

my team (kensou, choi and ryo) is destroyed with kensou and choi out.. no tung, mr big or honfu either.. ill have to find some alternatives :)

@gozububble

malin looks like hinako face and hair wise.. like may lee in terms of her pants and style (sorta raver chicky hiphop style) and flies around sorta like choi hence my description of her being like an amalgam of those three.. anyways ill be off to neo land 2morrow morn..

Godspeed! And get us more yummy info. Your every word we read with excitement and anticipation!

Spike

deathknight
11-19-2003, 09:02 AM

@gozububble

could you PLEASE find some info on that shen fu(boxing guy) character? i'm DIEING to hear more from him, sounds very interesting!:buttrock:
thanks

Dash no Chris
11-19-2003, 11:50 AM
Originally posted by SiegfriedFM
Unknown (Tekken Tag Tournament)
Sinclair [sub-boss] (Art of Fighting 3)
Chizuru [sub-boss] (KOF'96)

--Chris

Evil Wasabi
11-19-2003, 11:57 AM
Chonshu was a boss in FF3 too...

the_colonel
11-19-2003, 11:58 AM
I just read lots of the new stuff in kof03, it has 6 new game features, about 16 of the old charcters have lots of change, maybe when they discover more moves it'll be even better.

BUT? the thing is, is the site mentions that the game has very stiff controles when you gaurd attacks or when you try to do special moves?

whats the truth as i thought there was a guy who wishes to remain ononimus who said its the fastest kof yet. I believe the site more than the guy, hell i dunno, who's right.

Is the game fast or ultra slow silimiure to 99. Who's right... i now its only a beta anyway.

Kid Aphex
11-19-2003, 12:04 PM
Beelze;

Many thanks for sticking all the impressions on this site.

http://www.neo-geo.com/ubb/icons/icon35.gif http://www.neo-geo.com/ubb/icons/icon35.gif http://www.neo-geo.com/ubb/icons/icon35.gif http://www.neo-geo.com/ubb/icons/icon35.gif http://www.neo-geo.com/ubb/icons/icon35.gif

SouthtownKid
11-19-2003, 12:14 PM
Originally posted by Stifu
Chonshu was a boss in FF3 too...
according to the All About SNK fighting game 1991-2000 book, Jin Chonshu and Jin Chonrei are both 14 year old boys (as of FF3).

It's funny, knowing that, I was still surprised when I found out Orochi Chris wasn't a girl, and then again with Bao. I'll try to be ready next time...

Evil Wasabi
11-19-2003, 12:21 PM
according to the All About SNK fighting game 1991-2000 book, Jin Chonshu and Jin Chonrei are both 14 year old boys (as of FF3).
I was sure Chonshu was a chick... :spock:
(hmm yeah gamegen says it's a guy too, not that it's that much of a reliable source)

You learn new stuff everyday... O_o

SouthtownKid
11-19-2003, 12:24 PM
I was sure Chonshu was a chick... :spock: Yeah, that's what I say everytime, too (Chris, Bao, more in the future, I'm sure)...

Probably the safest way is to just assume anyone who is not overtly bouncing is a guy.

Evil Wasabi
11-19-2003, 12:30 PM
Yeah, that's what I say everytime, too (Chris, Bao, more in the future, I'm sure)...
I knew Chris and Bao were guys (one of my pals didn't believe me when I told him Chris was a guy... :D heh)...
Some people thought Amakusa was a woman too...

It has to be the first time I get confused about the gender of an SNK character.
I'll have to go play RB2 again and imagine Chonshu as a guy now... To see if I get a new feeling about the character or something. :p

Probably the safest way is to just assume anyone who is not overtly bouncing is a guy.
Well, there's characters like Tsugumi (although I never played FFWA) who don't seem to be "bouncing" at all. :p

beelzebubble
11-19-2003, 12:46 PM
Beelze;

Many thanks for sticking all the impressions on this site.

;

im a sad and pathetic individual who does it for a little bit of love on the internet...

wheres rade to call me a brownnoser??

someone needs to whip out the attention whore jpg...

:)

Evil Wasabi
11-19-2003, 01:24 PM
SouthtownKid:
I just played FF3 and Chonshu implies the body he has is not his own...
Maybe it's a guy in a girl's body, just like Yuga from the SS series is a woman in a man's body.

Anyone knows for sure ?

SouthtownKid
11-19-2003, 01:47 PM
SouthtownKid:
I just played FF3 and Chonshu implies the body he has is not his own...
Maybe it's a guy in a girl's body, just like Yuga from the SS series is a woman in a man's body.

Anyone knows for sure ? No idea... not from what little I can make out from the All About book and the FF3 mook. I can read the kanji for otouto (little brother) in Chonshu's entry, but of course I'm missing any nuances. Anyone who can translate, the Jin siblings entries are on page 377 of the All About book.:help:

Myloch
11-19-2003, 02:07 PM
Kof2k3 roster could be better ... but I'm sure we'll discover some secret characters soon. I'm sure. :p

Mushiki
11-19-2003, 02:09 PM
Hehe, check this:

KOF Online forums KOF2003 thread (http://pub35.ezboard.com/fkofonlineforum27411frm22.showMessageRange?topicID =1.topic&start=61&stop=80)

Seems like someone took the picture I took from the SVC: Chaos credits and claimed it was taken from the KOF2003 credits!

Hahaha, people can be stupid.

the_colonel
11-19-2003, 02:12 PM
Go hear then use babel fish to translate

http://www.interq.or.jp/aquamarine/scarlet/kof2003/kof2003.html
It takes some work to no whats new, some characters don't change at all but they might discover things new with some characters alittle later on.

Brandon St Randy
11-19-2003, 02:56 PM
Hehe, check this:

KOF Online forums KOF2003 thread (http://pub35.ezboard.com/fkofonlineforum27411frm22.showMessageRange?topicID =1.topic&start=61&stop=80)

Seems like someone took the picture I took from the SVC: Chaos credits and claimed it was taken from the KOF2003 credits!

Hahaha, people can be stupid.

the webmaster of the site is the one who posted that (Vincent). Sweet Jesus, he never stops stealing shit.

jeff bogard
11-19-2003, 04:26 PM
What do you mean by vincent stealing shit? Has he ever stolen any other things?

SML
11-19-2003, 04:28 PM
How can you stay mad at a man who is constantly drawing carictures of himself?

Tatsumaki Senpuu Kyaku
11-19-2003, 06:16 PM
i was wondering, has Kim Kaphwan changed at all? Any difference in his stance. his animations getting cleaned up?(i.e 2k2 stance, 95 walk, 99 victory pose)

Korigama
11-19-2003, 10:03 PM
What do the testers think of the roster so far?

dragonwillow
11-19-2003, 11:45 PM
Originally posted by Daigo
the webmaster of the site is the one who posted that (Vincent). Sweet Jesus, he never stops stealing shit.

WTF are you talking about? I've never seen him steal shit. Not only did he credit someone else, BUT he corrected him mistake as well. Apparently your definition of "stealing shit" is posting a link of something you don't host?

Brandon St Randy
11-20-2003, 04:03 AM
uh, I didnt see his correction? my bad. :oh_no:

beelzebubble
11-20-2003, 05:07 AM
LOKE TEST the return..

anyways first up the feel. i finally got in and had a go after lining for fucking 2 hours. i played the computer and here is what it made me think..

-gfx good, not much beyond any previous version, close to 02 in many ways BUT the stellar backgrounds make you think the game looks way better than it technically does.. they are prolly my favourite bgs out of any kof (putting aside nostalgia) and they are really well drawn giving a great sense of depth, use of color and mood. unlike the flat gaudy shit that was 01.

-play = feels like svc engine in terms of button response, timing, engine etc.. not really a good thing when 2k2 is just so damned tight... i dont forsee this changing either.. not at this point.

-sound = uh oh.. loud today, with music and lots of speech but there is a lame announcer (you know the japanese guy pretending hes a super cool american type announcer that every fucking game has thesedays... :help: ). also at this point the hits sounds as wimpy as svc.. why???? playmore why??????

ok more to follow my girl is hassling me..

kernow
11-20-2003, 06:35 AM
gayme, owwverrr

beelzebubble
11-20-2003, 07:19 AM
ok things i made note of..

@king has a double fb (mid) high fb (she hops then kicks one) and a low fb (she kicks one low)

@KUSANAGI is the mid boss for RDEL (rdelstein) who is the female rugal. she is a tall blue mary (similar head and some similar normal moves) mixed with rugal (similar supers and specials).

@CHIZURU and MAKI (twin sisters with slightly different moves) are the midbosses for MUKAH. mukah has a head like mukuro from lb1. his skin is black with white lines/tattoos that pulse and white hair. hes not wearing a shirt and wears robes around his legs which sort of look like the zero/nests characters robes... his stage is a whole bunch of cracked rock cast in a reg light like the basin of a volcano or hell or something... mukahs sprite is about the height of rugal..

@robert has a new outfit.. he looks like john travolta from saturday night fever with white flares/slacks, an white shirt open at the front and an orange vest over it.. he has his kick dp, he kicks round fireballs in a similar manner to king and does his spin kick move like he did in 98 sorta like a ken/ryu spinning kick..

@duolon looks very similar to the boss after zero (name??) in 01. also has lin qualities with long hair and lots of teleport and juggle moves. one is a three hit rush that juggles on the last hit.. teleporting after it allows you to juggle for a last hit then most ppl using him/her were teleporting again to confuse (by being behind the opponent when they landed from the juggle)... duolon also has a teleport to drill from the sky ala demitri..

@shen u- which is written as shen on the screen in game has a head like k9999/jinsaotome (especially the wacky crazy grin he always has on his face...) he wears a shirt unbuttoned, jeans and a wallet chain type thing hanging off his belt... he has a rock style burning knuckle and a rock style knuckle super.. his chest is very muscular

@ash i used and she is ok.. shes a charge character with a command throw using c, a fb (bf + p) and a dp (ud + k).. her dp is not hard to do unlike svc... her slow fb is very slow so you can play guile games.. her double fb has hit box on the energy as she prepares to throw it.. she is popular and seems strong...

@king was bringing the cheese. mixup her three fbs and bait the opponent into jumping at you for an aa or jumpback kick.. add in the occasional cd counter to keep em at bay and voila cheeze

@you tag in attack, get one hit which makes the opponent reel and then finish the combo with the character that came in.. not sure whether the tag attack can be comboed INTO or not.... if it could you would get some very long combos (imagine c.HP->kyo qcf+Kx2->tag hit/juggle->continue with partner)..

@ryos face and hair have been slightly redrawn..

@joe has a new (i think) super where he does an overhead punch (think kyos super) with an explosion at the end of it for big damage...

@king has a new super where she kicks about 5 fbs (pink not blue)

@yuris face seems to have changed a little

@griffon looks really well done

@motw terry seems taller and slimmer.. he looks redrawn

@duolon has a super where the screen goes black.. she stands there and spirit/ghost snakes fly around her and there is a wailing sound.. looks cool

kernow
11-20-2003, 07:25 AM

his chest is very muscular

*touches self intimately*

beelzebubble
11-20-2003, 08:02 AM
come on kern.. im tryin to stay straight here man!

yeah muss... i cant tell if its a boy or a girl (ash or duolon) and i cant be bothered to read the story so...

Andre Poulain
11-20-2003, 08:05 AM
hey, beelze... the sound how is? is the same crappy sounds of svc? WTF with you snkp... the sounds of svc sucks! sucks!:very_ang:

NO STYLE DM
11-20-2003, 08:17 AM
hmm , i might be the only one who actualy liked svc's hit sounds , it felt like bones being crushed (which is what it should be)

Spike Spiegel
11-20-2003, 08:43 AM
Originally posted by NO STYLE DM
hmm , i might be the only one who actualy liked svc's hit sounds , it felt like bones being crushed (which is what it should be)

I think it sounds the most realistic yet, but realism isn't what people want in game. Think about racing games. You have to go about 100 in the game to make 65 look like people THINK it should look. I remember reading that somewhere, that the racing games must go much faster than they actually do to keep it intense. Same thing here. Real body smacking and punching noises do NOT sound like a bus hitting a brick wall like some sounds.... which is too bad, 'cause that bus sound is bad ass. As of yet, I have nothing wrong with the sounds of hits in SvsC.

The announcer I can get over, those whacky JPNs. I prefer the very serious announcers like SF2, KOF99.... um, SSV. ;)

Spike

beelzebubble
11-20-2003, 09:06 AM
part 3:

@ash is also high cheese.. slow fast fb mixup with a decent aa and hit box on her heavy fb start up..

@in game portraits are the same artist as kof 01 it would seem (nona right..?) very different than the falcoon promotional/poster art... it might be falcoon also but the style is very different if it is..

@whip seems largely unchanged as are leona, mary and some others.. everyone does however seem to have slightly changed supers (whips whip rush super has her doing her crouching dagger spin in the middle and whipping to finish the super off..)
everyone seems to have frames added here and there.. looks smoother than 02 in terms of frames (could be my imagination though but i think it was done to bring the older characters in line with the new ones..

@kim has his 2002 stance and look. he has the 98/cvs2 slide hopping axe kick move back.. his angle on his air rush has changed a little it would seem

@chiz/maki stage is two blue and black shadowy columned areas off to the left and right with the middle orange with the glow of lava and flames amongst ruined buidlings...

@seems to be slight style inconsistencies which bothered me.. k, yama and the new chars have a detailed precise look whilst yuri, mary and others looks slightly more pixelated and have a less detailed big eye anime look...

@characters do a pose when they call out a partner.. if you get hit in the middle of the call the partner doesnt come out :(

@if you tag and then the opponent does a rush super (like ryo) you will eat the super so it seems you are not invincible when you come out and are treated as though an airborn falling object (so you can be hit by any move that has juggle properties)..

@when you fight kusanagi first you see chizuru kneeling with a mask on and your team doesnt know who she is.. a pentagram is drawn in the air above her and kusanagi comes out of the shadows...

if you fight chizuru and maki you dont know who chiz is then she congrats you for winning the tournament.. takes her mask off (looks like grant from motw) and then asks you for a fight.. your team is surprised its chiz

@rdel has a friend who talks to you her name is..., i cant remember but she is dressed in 18th/19th century style with a ballgown and curled blonde hair. she plays the piano in the bg of rdel (the stage is like the rugal ship stage)

@malin wears a short skirt, a tight top, a cap, leggings (look like loose socks) up to the knee, has a face like hinako but is about the height of chin. she looks real young like 13 or 14 and shows her pants all the time (sick perverted character designers...)

dragonwillow
11-20-2003, 09:33 AM
All right, underage panty fun!

deathknight
11-20-2003, 09:46 AM
part 3:

@ash is also high cheese.. slow fast fb mixup with a decent aa and hit box on her heavy fb start up..

It's a male..!! IT MUST BE A MALE:mad: !!

...right?:annoyed: :eek_2:

Andre Poulain
11-20-2003, 10:29 AM
the sounds, are the same of svc chaos? :oh_no:

beelzebubble
11-20-2003, 10:38 AM
tinyyy bit more:

@when robert throws a super fb he gets pushed back and sorta reels from it.. new animation which looks cool

@athenas dress has about 3 layers and a white lining with lace underneath it would seem. the top is a tank top cut to show cleavage (v shape) and stomach. she wears white gloves and looks like santa

@watched the into.. it starts with an snk(playmore underneath) then has snk(neogeo underneath) goes to a spinning card (like 95, 97?? and a hand grabs it (cant remember whos.. might have been the blonde girl with rdel whose name is a capcom characters.. wait up i just remembered her name is rose...

collage of pics (sorta like 2k2) with different teams goin about their daily lives...

that is pretty much all my notes :)

Spike Spiegel
11-20-2003, 10:44 AM
No head info for Iori? What about changed sprites? who's all new, and who's not?

Spike

BarfHappy
11-20-2003, 11:12 AM
the top is a tank top cut to show cleavage (v shape) and stomach

Beezle: you make me wish to ask my girlfriend to cosplay her, she loves tops that let see bellybutton
o(^^;)>

I want to see Attthenaaaaaaaaaaa (行きま〜〜す♪)

deathknight
11-20-2003, 11:30 AM
tinyyy bit more:

@when robert throws a super fb he gets pushed back and sorta reels from it.. new animation which looks cool

@athenas dress has about 3 layers and a white lining with lace underneath it would seem. the top is a tank top cut to show cleavage (v shape) and stomach. she wears white gloves and looks like santa

@watched the into.. it starts with an snk(playmore underneath) then has snk(neogeo underneath) goes to a spinning card (like 95, 97?? and a hand grabs it (cant remember whos.. might have been the blonde girl with rdel whose name is a capcom characters.. wait up i just remembered her name is rose...

collage of pics (sorta like 2k2) with different teams goin about their daily lives...

that is pretty much all my notes :)

beezle do you have any more info about that shen guy?(boxer) I really wanna know how he play's etc... or if he's just a vanessa clone:crying: :eye: :eye:

Andre Poulain
11-20-2003, 11:31 AM
hey, beelze.. at this time, how the controls works? are smooth? in svc i have problems doing some motions, like super flash kicks, or with some characters, for example ryu, i can't do a shoryuken or a shinku smoothly...

beelzebubble
11-20-2003, 11:38 AM
hey, beelze.. at this time, how the controls works? are smooth? in svc i have problems doing some motions, like super flash kicks, or with some characters, for example ryu, i can't do a shoryuken or a shinku smoothly...

moves are easily enough done... the timing and feel of them is more svc than kof 02 though i felt..

beezle do you have any more info about that shen guy?(boxer) I really wanna know how he play's etc... or if he's just a vanessa clone

pretty much all i know is how he looks which i wrote above.. ive only really seen those two moves of his... seems he has a limited move set and thats about all...

Beezle: you make me wish to ask my girlfriend to cosplay her, she loves tops that let see bellybutton
o(^^;)>

I want to see Attthenaaaaaaaaaaa (行きま〜〜す♪)

うらやましい! :D

you are a lucky man :)

No head info for Iori? What about changed sprites? who's all new, and who's not?

problem is i am not sure.. i peeped him for a lonnnnng time to try and determine how he looks but i dont really know what the whole head sitch is despite seeing a couple of big bear litanies about it lol

he looks closest to his svc self would be my best guess... im really not the person to ask though...

NO STYLE DM
11-20-2003, 12:43 PM
hey beelze ,i realy love snk's (and snkp's for that matter) intro's , so i have 2 related questions :

1. does the intro have gameplay footage (please god dont make it have gameplay footage) like 2k2 intro ? that was awful .

2.what do you genarally think of the intro -in your opnion- , is it any good ?

Evil Wasabi
11-20-2003, 01:08 PM
problem is i am not sure.. i peeped him for a lonnnnng time to try and determine how he looks but i dont really know what the whole head sitch is despite seeing a couple of big bear litanies about it lol
Here comes the screenshot man...

New head:
http://stifu.free.fr/Pics/iori1.jpg

Old head:
http://stifu.free.fr/Pics/iori2.jpg

Myloch
11-20-2003, 01:20 PM
hey beelze...what about benimaru? new clothes for him?
I heard music is fantastic...

Kid Aphex
11-20-2003, 01:27 PM
This thread has me glued.
I wish I lived in Japan....
What a waste.

Robert
11-20-2003, 01:34 PM
@robert has a new outfit.. he looks like john travolta from saturday night fever with white flares/slacks, an white shirt open at the front and an orange vest over it.. he has his kick dp, he kicks round fireballs in a similar manner to king and does his spin kick move like he did in 98 sorta like a ken/ryu spinning kick..

This game is mine.

Let's go Roberto!!!

http://www.comicgenius.com/DiscoFever/downloads/saturday_night_fever_dancefloor.jpg

Rodi
11-20-2003, 01:55 PM

New head:

Old head:
*THAT'S* what you guys are whinning about? O_O

Omg...
All the crap for a very small detail? :D
LOL

Hmm Whip has a new looking DM animation? sweet! ^^

FormlessOne
11-20-2003, 02:02 PM

New head:

Old head:

I must say, I like the new head much better :D

Rodi
11-20-2003, 02:05 PM
I agree too... the new head looked better. ;)

David Fallows
11-20-2003, 02:17 PM
Originally posted by Rodi
I agree too... the new head looked better. ;)

Nah! Not as evil. :cool:

It does look kind of gh3y when you move in and out of the stance, his hair colour changes back and forth even.

jeff bogard
11-20-2003, 02:31 PM
with the new head he looks confused, a little fat, and not evil and crazy.

the_colonel
11-20-2003, 02:37 PM
Originally posted by Kid Aphex
This thread has me glued.
I wish I lived in Japan....
What a waste.

Ya, ya i know what you mean, snk make all these great games & loads of countries either never see them or don't like them.
What a waist of talent, sigh.

Nice work belz.

also from what i saw in the vid, terry done sC, df+C, then cD which k! blocks. The thing is, is that terrys cD followed after the df+C very swiftly.
If you mention this, i don't know because i havent read your posts yet. I know some moves are speeded up though.

Ralf is supposed to have auto gaurd on his hcf+K, but for the trade off he cannot combo into the arginetine backbreaker, cooool.

He also has a new uppercut style juggle punch which looks like his finishing punch on his qcf,hcb+p dm.

Evil Wasabi
11-20-2003, 03:02 PM
Originally posted by jeff bogard
with the new head he looks confused, a little fat, and not evil and crazy.
I like Iori's new head better...
It looks better to me, nicer shading... Cool head... Plus the head actually changes when he moves (on the frames that have been CORRECTED at least, although they're not many)
Like when he crouches, he has a different face and all...

I never really liked the old head but grew used to it.
Just look at it, it looks like he has an old ass sorceress chin...
It's not THAT bad though, but I think the new head is better...

MilkManX
11-20-2003, 03:21 PM
How long before Trieu or Shawn nabs us some footage?

Great info Beelz! Sounds like at least enough of a change that it even will draw some new gamers in.

the_colonel
11-20-2003, 03:32 PM
I like Iori's new head better...
It looks better to me, nicer shading... Cool head... Plus the head actually changes when he moves (on the frames that have been CORRECTED at least, although they're not many)
Like when he crouches, he has a different face and all...

I never really liked the old head but grew used to it.
Just look at it, it looks like he has an old ass sorceress chin...
It's not THAT bad though, but I think the new head is better...

Its not just the head, its the whole sprite which changes but only for certain moves & poses.

Evil Wasabi
11-20-2003, 03:48 PM
Originally posted by the_colonel
Its not just the head, its the whole sprite which changes but only for certain moves & poses.
I know they didn't just edit the head... The shading on the legs and all have been changed since KoF 2001, and for the better, in my opinion.
It's just lame they didn't bother do that for all his frames...
Same for Kim.

roker
11-20-2003, 03:52 PM
I know they didn't just edit the head... The shading on the legs and all have been changed since KoF 2001, and for the better, in my opinion.
It's just lame they didn't bother do that for all his frames...
Same for Kim.

I liked Kim's new animation initially, but after seeing the old frame there while you moved and crouched, I started to realize, "Damn, Playmore/Eolith are pretty lazy."

David Fallows
11-20-2003, 04:11 PM
Any decent close-up shots of the game yet?

I get a little pissed off when I have to concentrate whilst looking at blurs.

Can't wait to see some movies. High-res ones would be ideal of someone can sort out the hosting.

the_colonel
11-20-2003, 04:12 PM
The new drawings are pretty lazy but its better than nothing i guess.
They could atleast get the colour pallete corect, its what sticks out the most to me. Watching a darker coloured iori turn to a lighter colour when you do certain moves is just plain silly.

BarfHappy
11-20-2003, 04:28 PM
I hope they corrected that head issue ... ^^ it s a bit silly, i didn t pay attention before i was told, and then i couldn t get my eyes out of it... like eyes tricks

1 month before the release, i hope to get it at an arcade nearby fast so that i can see it "live"

Btw, I hope Ash rocks on screen, i like him a lot somehow in the way he looks on his bio :)

dragonwillow
11-20-2003, 06:25 PM
Originally posted by the roker
I liked Kim's new animation initially, but after seeing the old frame there while you moved and crouched, I started to realize, "Damn, Playmore/Eolith are pretty lazy."

Betcha if they make MOTW2 that sprite will be in it :P

bokmeow
11-20-2003, 07:16 PM
Originally posted by dragonwillow
Betcha if they make MOTW2 that sprite will be in it :P

I doubt it. KOF has the raw pixel shaded sprites, whereas Fatal Fury after Real Bout Special all started using the Street Fighter Alpha-ish anime style sprites, so it'd have to be seriously touched up if they were ever to use that sprite.

SiegfriedFM
11-20-2003, 07:37 PM
(about Kim) "he has the 98/cvs2 slide hopping axe kick move back.."

YES! We're back in business!

Ran Thrie
11-20-2003, 08:51 PM
been checkin out this thread since it started and i must say im hyped. much thx to beelze, your in a place id really like to be right now, thx for all the awesome info. I cant wait to get my hands on the new charas. My man Jhun is back, a new interesting tag system for kof, i'm sold.

beelzebubble
11-20-2003, 09:15 PM
hey beelze ,i realy love snk's (and snkp's for that matter) intro's , so i have 2 related questions :

1. does the intro have gameplay footage (please god dont make it have gameplay footage) like 2k2 intro ? that was awful .

2.what do you genarally think of the intro -in your opnion- , is it any good ?:

no, no game footage in the intro... hmm... its ok.. its just a few pics made to look like photos of different characters going about their lives and a close up of one of the characters faces as she grabs the card out of the air.. pretty boring imo.. i prefer the svc style story intros.. thats just me though.

hey beelze...what about benimaru? new clothes for him?

yeah hes got the cheetah print tank top which shows his six pack and of course looks super camp. hes wearing the same jeans as b4. his spin kcick special (where he break dances) isnt as powerful as b4.. if you are slightly out the last hit or so wont connect and you wont get knocked down from memory... his hair also looks slightly different...

im tempted to go again today..

jeff bogard
11-20-2003, 09:23 PM
so, what about iori's head?

BarfHappy
11-20-2003, 09:30 PM
今回は写真とって見る ? ほんとうにアテナ服見たいよ〜おねが〜〜〜〜〜いぃぃ ぃぃ:)
You are really dedicated to the cause Beezle... may god bless you and give you a beer to thank you~ (or すももfanta if you don t drink beer:))

beelzebubble
11-20-2003, 09:30 PM
ioris head = :D:D:D:DI DONT KNOW:D:D:D:D

i cant believe how big an issue that has become...

beelzebubble
11-20-2003, 09:32 PM
今回は写真とって見る ? ・#123;当にアテナ服見たいよ〜おねが〜〜〜〜〜いぃ 。ぃぃ

You are really dedicated to the cause Beezle... may god bless you and give you a beer to thank you~ (or すももfanta if you don t drink beer)

残念ながらデジカメない。。。 :(

BarfHappy
11-20-2003, 09:38 PM
Ahaha the head is annoying only once you ve noticed ^^;
when he walks he has the original grin face, else he has the new kiddish face. Same as kim has growing arms when walking. ^^;

ほ〜〜 ざんね〜〜〜ん :(
http://tokyo.cool.ne.jp/barfhappy/heads.jpg

Spike Spiegel
11-20-2003, 09:41 PM
Not just the grin, but when you walk you notice the hair. It's hard to tell from those pics, but there's so much hair detail and darkness in the old face that it's huge whe you see it in action. Bastards, finally change it please!

Spike

FormlessOne
11-20-2003, 09:51 PM
I take it back, Iroi's old head is much better once you pay attention to detail.

Mushiki
11-20-2003, 09:57 PM
I personally like the new one better.

yagamikun
11-20-2003, 10:06 PM
Originally posted by the roker

Oh good lord...SNK did the EXACT same thing. See any KOF 96-2002. It all mix and match. Mai for example has had 3 different standing animations (94, 95, and 96) but the EXACT SAME walking and jumping animation since 94. In 96 they updated her HK and HP along with her bouncy win pose and standing animation but the rest was THE EXACT SAME as her prevoius versions. They didnt finnish her final new move set until her updates in 97 then in 99 with the new CD attack. It's like this in every KOF; characters will get small updates or an update of the outfit on the same sprite (See athena 95-2K1) with 1 or 2 sprite changes. For crying out loud stop complaining people. It's always happened, and it prolly will continue to happen. At least there are SOME updates. Geesh....:rolleyes:

dragonwillow
11-20-2003, 10:24 PM
Dunno if you guys noticed, but Iori's head is consistent in SVC Chaos. Also, his hair bounces realistically when he walks. Seeing that, I like the new one more.

BarfHappy
11-20-2003, 10:32 PM
Then they have changed something because the boot of the PCB has not a consistant head at all for iori

http://tokyo.cool.ne.jp/barfhappy/svcheads.jpg

I hope the ps2 version will be fixed >.<

Mushiki
11-20-2003, 10:39 PM
I was about to state the same thing...

http://neoengine.myonlinesite.com/ioli.jpg

jeff bogard
11-20-2003, 10:43 PM
The new iori head is more focused on his hair, while the old one is more focused on his face. Personally, I like the old one. It looks evil. I guess that's why his hair looks kinda realistic in the new version, because they have more hair to mess around with.

BarfHappy
11-20-2003, 10:46 PM
Mushiki: いいな T_T おいら12月待たなきゃ...

I wish iori were only orochi iori now... he s so cool this way...