PDA

View Full Version : All Bosses In Svc Playable w/ debug

Brandon St Randy
11-13-2003, 11:50 AM
ALL BOSSES playable in the homecart of SVC CHAOS.

They do not have portraits but are invisible on the select screen.

You guys with the cart, try it now!

*EDIT* you need the debug bios and start the game in developers mode.

Yamazaki_RJ
11-13-2003, 11:53 AM
So must be it!!!

In the corrections for SvC ROM's p1.rom, they are playable this way.

EDIT: The game freezes? Damn... :oh_no:

Brandon St Randy
11-13-2003, 11:54 AM
whoops, it doesnt lockup, instead theres a black screen with the level name, hit D, and the match starts. NO dialogue though between the hidden bosses like Athena, Red Arremer, etc. Shin Akuma and Shin Karate DO have dialogue though.

Yamazaki_RJ
11-13-2003, 11:56 AM
Like the rom, too...

So, the corrections are AES based, huh?

jeff_mangum
11-13-2003, 11:59 AM
Athena and Red Arremer playable?:drool_2: :drool_2:

Fuck, I hope I get my game tomorrow!:mad:

Brandon St Randy
11-13-2003, 12:00 PM
Yeah, but i guess they tossed it in at the last minute since the normal characters still act like they are in hell, heaven, etc. I do have a bios debug on my neo, but i didnt do any tinkering at all, anyone without a modded neo check this?

just tried athena vs athena, they got different skin tones, altho i think thats been noted before..

dragonwillow
11-13-2003, 12:03 PM
UM... WTF????
At least SVC Plus had portraits, lol.
That's 100% retarded. It's great to be able to play as the bosses, but not even having portraits is just plain stupid. STUPID.

Spike Spiegel
11-13-2003, 12:06 PM
Originally posted by dragonwillow
UM... WTF????
At least SVC Plus had portraits, lol.
That's 100% retarded. It's great to be able to play as the bosses, but not even having portraits is just plain stupid. STUPID.

Are you new to SNK fighters? Many times when guys are bosses/not normally selectable, they won't have pics. Last Blade, KOF2002, MOTW... they don't show those hidden character pics, so what's the big deal? It's a little shitty pic. You see you you're picking since they show the sprite. Give me a break, what a stupid thing to bitch about.

Spike

EDIT: the only thing that would have made your post sound even more stupid, would be for you to have said "I'm not buying it now, since they're too lazy to put in portraits of the hidden guys on the select screen". THEY'RE HIDDEN! You should thank god they're in there to be played as at ALL!

Spike

BarfHappy
11-13-2003, 12:09 PM
Haaaaaaa nice :)
I m eager to see Athena and Red Arremer endings, i can play them but no endings for them snif

Brandon St Randy
11-13-2003, 12:09 PM
Hey the good news is we dont need codes at home.

dragonwillow
11-13-2003, 12:14 PM
Originally posted by Spike Spiegel
Are you new to SNK fighters? Many times when guys are bosses/not normally selectable, they won't have pics. Last Blade, KOF2002, MOTW... they don't show those hidden character pics, so what's the big deal? It's a little shitty pic. You see you you're picking since they show the sprite. Give me a break, what a stupid thing to bitch about.

Spike

EDIT: the only thing that would have made your post sound even more stupid, would be for you to have said "I'm not buying it now, since they're too lazy to put in portraits of the hidden guys on the select screen". THEY'RE HIDDEN! You should thank god they're in there to be played as at ALL!

Spike

IMO...
A good way to have selectable hidden characters... KOF02. See how Rugal was so "cleverly" hidden? The Orochi Team too, and Kusanagi.
And then we have SVC Chaos, with their little invisible portraits.

Evil Wasabi
11-13-2003, 12:18 PM
People just don't know what to bitch about nowadays.

The BEAST3
11-13-2003, 12:19 PM
It works, it works!!:loco: :loco: :loco:

burrn.
11-13-2003, 12:19 PM
is it just me or did they fuck up zero i mean just how he handles i thought hed be better

Shawn
11-13-2003, 12:22 PM
Daigo, that's very, very, very good news. I have been asking for the hidden characters to be selectable, but I was told this feature would not be added for the home release.

So you say if you have the debug bios you can select them? Please give us an explanation as to how this is done, as in where to tap and what to press. Since an avatar does not pop up on screen, does the character name show up instead? Thanks.

Brandon St Randy
11-13-2003, 01:59 PM
Well, I do have a debug bios, but I did not do anything special to get them at the character select screen.

When the game starts in arcade, vs or practice, the hidden characters were accessable by moving the curser next to each character's box facing in on the select screen. The curser will move to a blank space, no portrait but the sprites and names appears like normal. I was able to pick every hidden character this way. example Zero is right next to Ryu but you can't see the portrait.

Now what i meant by button sequences, say you pick any of the hidden guys in VS or practice...before the match starts a black screen appears with some text regarding the level. I had thought the game froze, but I hit D on the 1P side stick and the game started like normal.note, this ONLY happens in VS or practice, arcade mode starts normally. There are NO dialogues for Athena vs Red Arremer.

there IS dialogue when Athena faces Shin Gouki or Karate, same with Red Arremer vs Shin Gouki or Karate.

BarfHappy
11-13-2003, 02:03 PM
Have you finished the game with Athena and Red Arremer ? :)
*dying to know their endings~*

edit:Well in fact no, i just want to know if they have their own... want to discover it when i get my ps2 version ^^

Shapermc
11-13-2003, 02:04 PM
One can only hope that the same will be said about the Uni-Bios and the New MVS carts :)

Brandon St Randy
11-13-2003, 02:05 PM
havent had time to play the game seriously, had to go meet someone for lunch minutes after i got it, now i gotta head to class in a few minutes so I wont be able to play seriously until later tonight. I did read somewhere that Athena and Red Arremer do NOT have endings, while Shin Karate and Gouki do. I can check later on tho.

Robert
11-13-2003, 02:09 PM
Perhaps that there no ends with them. The fact that the boss are playable seems to be a last minute trick from playmore for the home cart version. I don't think that they took some times to make some endings.

Kid Aphex
11-13-2003, 02:11 PM
Originally posted by Robert
Perhaps that there no ends with them. The fact that the boss are playable seems to be a last minute trick from playmore for the home cart version. I don't think that they took some times to make some endings.

In another thread someone confirmed their endings to be other characters endings. For example, Red's = Ryu's. Etc.

BarfHappy
11-13-2003, 02:13 PM
Nnn but creating an ending for them would take what... 2 days at most ^^ but who knows.

Well the thread you are talking about was concerning a hack to MVS version, and even with my hack (the 3 adresses common one has the bad issue to not change ending when used ingame) there is no ending for them (even no gfx in the C roms for them)... just wondering about the AES... maybe they filled in the empty rom space with ending: 4096 free 16x16 tiles witjout encryption : ) (they would just jump to credits at worst...)

but the no text thing... that is odd... since by hack there is text, common but there is
http://tokyo.cool.ne.jp/barfhappy/redath.jpg

Shapermc
11-13-2003, 02:19 PM
If it is last minute, then why not even tell Shawn? Why not publicise it?

:rolleyes:

Verbatum
11-13-2003, 02:24 PM
Originally posted by Daigo
Well, I do have a debug bios, but I did not do anything special to get them at the character select screen.

When the game starts in arcade, vs or practice, the hidden characters were accessable by moving the curser next to each character's box facing in on the select screen. The curser will move to a blank space, no portrait but the sprites and names appears like normal. I was able to pick every hidden character this way. example Zero is right next to Ryu but you can't see the portrait.

Now what i meant by button sequences, say you pick any of the hidden guys in VS or practice...before the match starts a black screen appears with some text regarding the level. I had thought the game froze, but I hit D on the 1P side stick and the game started like normal.note, this ONLY happens in VS or practice, arcade mode starts normally. There are NO dialogues for Athena vs Red Arremer.

there IS dialogue when Athena faces Shin Gouki or Karate, same with Red Arremer vs Shin Gouki or Karate.

That's great news man!!! Thanks!

Setsuna1982
11-13-2003, 02:31 PM
In the Debug menu (P2-select + P2-D) choose game dips and
change Dip 1-1 like in KOF.

restart the game (If you exit the menu using the 2p joystick the game will throw a memory error)

Next time you start the game a menu with a blue background will appear instead of the intro.
the sprite debug is pretty much the same as in KOF:
P1 select + A = next character
P1 select + B = previous character
P1 select + C = Next animation
P1 select + D = Previous animation

http://svcgames.se32.com/svcplus006.pnghttp://svcgames.se32.com/svcplus007.png
http://svcgames.se32.com/svcplus008.pnghttp://svcgames.se32.com/svcplus009.png

Chicago Cheeseburgler Crew
11-13-2003, 02:43 PM
Originally posted by Shapermc
One can only hope that the same will be said about the Uni-Bios and the New MVS carts :)

Yea I hear that. Got a unibios on the way to me now. :buttrock:

BarfHappy
11-13-2003, 02:52 PM
neaaaaaaaaat :)

MilkManX
11-13-2003, 03:00 PM
Cool! I have the Unibios 1.2 so when the SVC cart gets a little cheaper I will have to try this.

Rodi
11-13-2003, 04:46 PM
Is there a way to use the hidden characters in practice mode of SVC plus?

Decepticon
11-13-2003, 04:47 PM
Originally posted by Rodi
Is there a way to use the hidden characters in practice mode of SVC plus?

Nope, looks like they we wrote the game code for the homecart release....has this ever happened before in the past?

Lagduf
11-13-2003, 04:56 PM
Has anyone without the Debug Bios in thier NGH attempted to select the hidden characters? Or does this "trick" only apply to those with a debug bios. I'm not clear on this. Daigo stated he HAS a debug bios installed but did not change any options to access the characters. Setsuna then did give some instructions on getting the characters via dip settings. Can some one clarify?

Brandon St Randy
11-13-2003, 05:12 PM
I made a ghetto video clip showing the game startup then me showing the bosses, can someone host it?

edit- uploaded a pic from my digital cam

http://www.geocities.com/kaede_uctf/svczerored.jpg

right click save as, or copy and paste into URL bar, i dont have a real web space provider :/

yagamikun
11-13-2003, 05:38 PM
This is most awesome news indeed. The cart is waitng for me at home, but I cant get it to it for a nother couple hours...have a meeting here on campus. I am sooo happy. I didnt feel like memorizing all thoes codes. Thank god for debug chips! SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOO happy.
Demetri here I come!

Lyte Edge
11-13-2003, 05:45 PM
Yeah, this awesome news; glad both the Neo cart systems I own are modded. :D

It also means that the only thing that's really going to be new about the PS2 port is the survival mode, so I may pass on importing it for now and just wait for the U.S. release instead.

I am curious if this trick works on non-modded system though; seems silly for them not to do that.

Lee

Brandon St Randy
11-13-2003, 05:54 PM
Im sure we will find out tomorrow as more people get the game. Im pretty sure debug isnt needed.

Kevin Paul
11-13-2003, 06:52 PM
Yeah,

I've got a unibios installed in my AES too. I think the characters are normally selectable because I've no clue on how to use the chip whatsoever.

tsukaesugi
11-13-2003, 07:36 PM
The secret characters do not appear to be selectable at the Character select screen for a regular Japanese AES without Unibios

I placed the cursor on Ryu, and when I moved up I got Hugo, when I moved right I got Ken, down Tabasa, and left Kyo.

I tried this in both Japanese and English, in both Arcade and Versus.

I have a Japanese AES with no Unibios installed.

This leads me to believe that you a) need a Unibios, or b) the secret characters are there from the start on an English AES, but not on a Japanese.

Can anyone else with:

-a Japanese AES with Unibios
-an American AES without Unibios

confirm this?

jeff_mangum
11-13-2003, 09:52 PM
Fuck, can we get some clarification here?

I've got the same setup as tsukaesugi, so it looks like I'm up shit creek too.:annoyed:

Michael Yagami
11-13-2003, 11:21 PM
Hell, now my shorts are in a knot. I have a unibios but its functionality is "if'y" at best (should'a had Mr. Kurtz fix that when he fixed everything else), and I *could* get my cart Saturday or on Monday or Tuesday (Paid for next day air, but with all the pre orders Shawn's going to have to deal with tomorrow and the fact that the release itself seems to be cursed who knows if all the overnight shipments will make it out). So the lord only knows when I'll get the cart and if I'll be able to use the bosses. This situation gets more ghey by the minute. Feh.

Mike

tsukaesugi
11-14-2003, 01:38 AM
Originally posted by jeff_mangum
Fuck, can we get some clarification here?

I've got the same setup as tsukaesugi, so it looks like I'm up shit creek too.:annoyed:

Let me just clarify that the secret characters are selectable with the codes, however, there is no 'quick' method of selecting them. They don't have secret portrait available at the select screen for a 'no code' selection like Daigo has.

I'm also assuming that Athena and Red Arremer are not going to be selectable without a Unibios. I don't think a code was ever made for them.

MrWhitefolks
11-14-2003, 06:06 AM
Originally posted by Spike Spiegel

Spike

yes, thank god that they put in what is expected of any fighting game company as a STANDARD(i.e..bosses playable). it's not like we should be grateful that snk did that...it should be expected as almost every fighter has the last characters selectable in some way.

i can say one thing, the ease of having the characters selectable ON screen and visible does make finding them and using them that much easier(just like how capcom added all the secret chars in SFA3 as extra boxes on the roster).

anybody know if the home version has problems that the "plus" bootleg doesnt?

Lee Gray
11-14-2003, 06:47 AM
Perhaps that there no ends with them. The fact that the boss are playable seems to be a last minute trick from playmore for the home cart version. I don't think that they took some times to make some endings. I wonder if they added the same last minute stuff on the mvs cart version and thus may explain the delay, i doubt it though.

yagamikun
11-14-2003, 07:15 AM
SvC is no different than a lot of other NGH releases I can remember that take advantage of the bios chip WITHOUT any dip changes. Some of these are RBS where geese is instantly slelectable without the code, and RB2 where Alfred is selectable without code. Sames goes for KOF 99 and 2K respectively. Seems like depending on the game the dip will automaticaly come on. Others dont. I cant explain this phenomenon but I take full advantage of it :D

drifterzzz
11-14-2003, 07:46 AM
how to make the m playable im using nebula emulator & its a svc plus lol.. plzz i nees to use shin akuma & takuma ...

Shawn
11-14-2003, 09:16 AM
Originally posted by yagamikun
SvC is no different than a lot of other NGH releases I can remember that take advantage of the bios chip WITHOUT any dip changes. Some of these are RBS where geese is instantly slelectable without the code, and RB2 where Alfred is selectable without code. Sames goes for KOF 99 and 2K respectively. Seems like depending on the game the dip will automaticaly come on. Others dont. I cant explain this phenomenon but I take full advantage of it :D
Probably because most debug bios chips are set to boot your system in “developer’s mode” by default. That would totally explain why the hidden characters are selectable, but this is just a theory of mine, not confirmed.

Evil Wasabi
11-14-2003, 09:30 AM
I'm almost sure that no modification has been done on the game for the AES release.
Some people already mentioned being able to select hidden characters the way Daigo did using emulators and the ROM of the boot.

Can't confirm though, as I haven't tried...

Brandon St Randy
11-14-2003, 09:35 AM
Shawn you are correct. I just started up the game in regular home mode, NO bosses. I swtiched to developers mode again, the bosses showed up.

Mystery solved. I had NOT thought of that at all. So only bios users have the bosses without codes and Athena, Red Arremer, Shin Karate, and Shin Gouki. title of post changed.

sorry to burst peoples bubbles :oh_no:

tsukaesugi
11-14-2003, 09:38 AM
Heh.

yagamikun
11-14-2003, 10:07 AM
Originally posted by Shawn
Probably because most debug bios chips are set to boot your system in “developer’s mode” by default. That would totally explain why the hidden characters are selectable, but this is just a theory of mine, not confirmed.

Ahh, gotcha! I checked my bios screen and sure enough, it boots up in developer mode. I never made the connection before but cool now that I know. Thanks for clearning that up!:) I was wondering why that happened.

Razoola
11-14-2003, 10:30 AM
Ok here is how it works..

If you have an AES with standard BIOS the hidden bosses are still hidden... you cannot select them.

If you have an AES with debug bios the hidden bosses will be automatically enabled so you can select them as long as you are running in AES mode and devmode is enabled (does not work in MVS mode).

If you have an MVS with debug bios the hidden bosses will be automatically enabled so you can select them as long as you are running in AES mode and devmode is enabled (does not work in MVS mode).

If you have a UNIVERSE BIOS the hidden bosses will be seletable so long as you are running in AES mode and have dev mode enabled (option with debug dips).

All the above works the same on dedicated SVC pcb, bootleg MVS carts and the original AES carts.

Thats about all I know so far. There may be other codes to get them in MVS mode but not sure yet. I will try and add a cheat to the UNIVERSE BIOS v1.3 (when its released) so you can select the hidden characters in both AES and MVS mode without having to use joystick codes).

Raz

ajk1080
11-14-2003, 10:35 AM
:buttrock: :drool_2: :drool_2: :tickled: :drool: :drool: :drool: I'm sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooo happy i could :kill: myself!!!!!!!!!! Yes!!!!!! Hey does athena and red have dm's and supers??? I cant wait till tomorrow!!!!! Shawn have they came in yet???? This is like what Christmas Eve used to be like!!!!

Brandon St Randy
11-14-2003, 10:39 AM
Athena and Red Arremer have special moves and Exceeds, dunno about standard supers. I doubt they need them.

Athena has her 3 summon attacks, some arrow attack, and other attack, and a Pegasus Summon Exceed.

Red Arremer has a fireball, air fireball (explodes when it hits the ground), big fireball (no idea on how to do this), limited flight with followup attacks, he can summon a zombie, two burrito looking ghosts, some small pink ghosts, his exceed, he bounces off the wall and does a beat down attack.

Evil Wasabi
11-14-2003, 11:38 AM
The "big fireball" motion for Red Arremer is the same as the Haoshokoken one... ie: f + hcf + P

ckchan
11-14-2003, 12:00 PM
If i have a jamma pcb, what things i can do to use the boss?
install the uni-bios on the pcb? or a debug bios?

Alex0916
11-17-2003, 04:38 PM
Just got through playing with the bosses they are AWESOME

Chicago Cheeseburgler Crew
11-17-2003, 04:40 PM
Originally posted by Daigo
two burrito looking ghosts

those are hot dogs.

Decepticon
11-17-2003, 04:45 PM
Originally posted by ckchan
If i have a jamma pcb, what things i can do to use the boss?
install the uni-bios on the pcb? or a debug bios?

Install the uni bios and then under dips enable dev mode