All Bosses In Svc Playable w/ debug

Brandon St Randy

I was Daigo before that other one, ,
ALL BOSSES playable in the homecart of SVC CHAOS.

They do not have portraits but are invisible on the select screen.

You guys with the cart, try it now!

*EDIT* you need the debug bios and start the game in developers mode.

Last edited:

Yamazaki_RJ

Overtop Pathfinder
So must be it!!!

In the corrections for SvC ROM's p1.rom, they are playable this way.

EDIT: The game freezes? Damn... :oh_no:

Brandon St Randy

whoops, it doesnt lockup, instead theres a black screen with the level name, hit D, and the match starts. NO dialogue though between the hidden bosses like Athena, Red Arremer, etc. Shin Akuma and Shin Karate DO have dialogue though.

Last edited:

Brandon St Randy

Yeah, but i guess they tossed it in at the last minute since the normal characters still act like they are in hell, heaven, etc. I do have a bios debug on my neo, but i didnt do any tinkering at all, anyone without a modded neo check this?

just tried athena vs athena, they got different skin tones, altho i think thats been noted before..

dragonwillow

Ghost of Captain Kidd
UM... WTF????
At least SVC Plus had portraits, lol.
That's 100% retarded. It's great to be able to play as the bosses, but not even having portraits is just plain stupid. STUPID.

Spike Spiegel

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
dragonwillow said:
UM... WTF????
At least SVC Plus had portraits, lol.
That's 100% retarded. It's great to be able to play as the bosses, but not even having portraits is just plain stupid. STUPID.

Are you new to SNK fighters? Many times when guys are bosses/not normally selectable, they won't have pics. Last Blade, KOF2002, MOTW... they don't show those hidden character pics, so what's the big deal? It's a little shitty pic. You see you you're picking since they show the sprite. Give me a break, what a stupid thing to bitch about.

Spike

EDIT: the only thing that would have made your post sound even more stupid, would be for you to have said "I'm not buying it now, since they're too lazy to put in portraits of the hidden guys on the select screen". THEY'RE HIDDEN! You should thank god they're in there to be played as at ALL!

Spike

BarfHappy

NAM-75 Vet
Haaaaaaa nice :)
I m eager to see Athena and Red Arremer endings, i can play them but no endings for them snif

dragonwillow

Ghost of Captain Kidd
Spike Spiegel said:
Are you new to SNK fighters? Many times when guys are bosses/not normally selectable, they won't have pics. Last Blade, KOF2002, MOTW... they don't show those hidden character pics, so what's the big deal? It's a little shitty pic. You see you you're picking since they show the sprite. Give me a break, what a stupid thing to bitch about.

Spike

EDIT: the only thing that would have made your post sound even more stupid, would be for you to have said "I'm not buying it now, since they're too lazy to put in portraits of the hidden guys on the select screen". THEY'RE HIDDEN! You should thank god they're in there to be played as at ALL!

Spike

IMO...
A good way to have selectable hidden characters... KOF02. See how Rugal was so "cleverly" hidden? The Orochi Team too, and Kusanagi.
And then we have SVC Chaos, with their little invisible portraits.

burrn.

n00b
is it just me or did they fuck up zero i mean just how he handles i thought hed be better

Shawn

snkusa.com
Daigo, that's very, very, very good news. I have been asking for the hidden characters to be selectable, but I was told this feature would not be added for the home release.

So you say if you have the debug bios you can select them? Please give us an explanation as to how this is done, as in where to tap and what to press. Since an avatar does not pop up on screen, does the character name show up instead? Thanks.

Brandon St Randy

Well, I do have a debug bios, but I did not do anything special to get them at the character select screen.

When the game starts in arcade, vs or practice, the hidden characters were accessable by moving the curser next to each character's box facing in on the select screen. The curser will move to a blank space, no portrait but the sprites and names appears like normal. I was able to pick every hidden character this way. example Zero is right next to Ryu but you can't see the portrait.

Now what i meant by button sequences, say you pick any of the hidden guys in VS or practice...before the match starts a black screen appears with some text regarding the level. I had thought the game froze, but I hit D on the 1P side stick and the game started like normal.note, this ONLY happens in VS or practice, arcade mode starts normally. There are NO dialogues for Athena vs Red Arremer.

there IS dialogue when Athena faces Shin Gouki or Karate, same with Red Arremer vs Shin Gouki or Karate.

Last edited:

BarfHappy

NAM-75 Vet
Have you finished the game with Athena and Red Arremer ? :)
*dying to know their endings~*

edit:Well in fact no, i just want to know if they have their own... want to discover it when i get my ps2 version ^^

Last edited:

Shapermc

Mai's Tabloid Photographer
One can only hope that the same will be said about the Uni-Bios and the New MVS carts :)

Brandon St Randy

havent had time to play the game seriously, had to go meet someone for lunch minutes after i got it, now i gotta head to class in a few minutes so I wont be able to play seriously until later tonight. I did read somewhere that Athena and Red Arremer do NOT have endings, while Shin Karate and Gouki do. I can check later on tho.

Robert

20 Year Member
Perhaps that there no ends with them. The fact that the boss are playable seems to be a last minute trick from playmore for the home cart version. I don't think that they took some times to make some endings.

Kid Aphex

samus' love slave,
Robert said:
Perhaps that there no ends with them. The fact that the boss are playable seems to be a last minute trick from playmore for the home cart version. I don't think that they took some times to make some endings.

In another thread someone confirmed their endings to be other characters endings. For example, Red's = Ryu's. Etc.

BarfHappy

NAM-75 Vet
Nnn but creating an ending for them would take what... 2 days at most ^^ but who knows.

Well the thread you are talking about was concerning a hack to MVS version, and even with my hack (the 3 adresses common one has the bad issue to not change ending when used ingame) there is no ending for them (even no gfx in the C roms for them)... just wondering about the AES... maybe they filled in the empty rom space with ending: 4096 free 16x16 tiles witjout encryption : ) (they would just jump to credits at worst...)

but the no text thing... that is odd... since by hack there is text, common but there is
redath.jpg

Last edited:

Shapermc

Mai's Tabloid Photographer
Robert said:
If it is last minute, then why not even tell Shawn? Why not publicise it?

:rolleyes:

Verbatum

Rugal's Panther
Daigo said:
Well, I do have a debug bios, but I did not do anything special to get them at the character select screen.

When the game starts in arcade, vs or practice, the hidden characters were accessable by moving the curser next to each character's box facing in on the select screen. The curser will move to a blank space, no portrait but the sprites and names appears like normal. I was able to pick every hidden character this way. example Zero is right next to Ryu but you can't see the portrait.

Now what i meant by button sequences, say you pick any of the hidden guys in VS or practice...before the match starts a black screen appears with some text regarding the level. I had thought the game froze, but I hit D on the 1P side stick and the game started like normal.note, this ONLY happens in VS or practice, arcade mode starts normally. There are NO dialogues for Athena vs Red Arremer.

there IS dialogue when Athena faces Shin Gouki or Karate, same with Red Arremer vs Shin Gouki or Karate.

That's great news man!!! Thanks!

Setsuna1982

World Her,
In the Debug menu (P2-select + P2-D) choose game dips and
change Dip 1-1 like in KOF.

restart the game (If you exit the menu using the 2p joystick the game will throw a memory error)

Next time you start the game a menu with a blue background will appear instead of the intro.
the sprite debug is pretty much the same as in KOF:
P1 select + A = next character
P1 select + B = previous character
P1 select + C = Next animation
P1 select + D = Previous animation

svcplus006.png
svcplus007.png

svcplus008.png
svcplus009.png

Last edited: