SVC Chaos AES release, November 14th

Shawn

snkusa.com
The SVC Chaos AES arrival date has been moved to Friday, November 14th, according to UPS Custom house brokerage in Louisville, KY. The shipment was held because they required signed “Power of Attorney” documentation and additional bonding fees.

The actual UPS Express shipping cost was of course covered in full, and this was not the issue, it was simply an unforeseen customs issue. Unfortunately, shipments of this magnitude rarely, if ever, slip by customs unchecked (untaxed).

The required documentation was of course promptly provided to UPS within minutes of the initial request on Tuesday Morning, November 11th. The one day delay is still uncalled for, but the only response from UPS was an apology and a promise of Friday delivery.

Sorry, but they didn't even let one case slip through for Thursday delivery. We will of course be up early in anticipation of the Friday delivery for an all day & night packing/shipping marathon.

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
[Runs away from site before disappointed yells become deafening!]

-Nick

vonze

Quiz Detective
So does this mean even though I paid for overnight I won't get it until Monday? Or will USPS ship overnight on Saturday?

BarfHappy

NAM-75 Vet
UPS sucks big time... especially for business involving japan... -_-

Btw, if the items are sent early enough i guess you could get it on saturday with overnight service, am i wrong ?

Snooptalian

Hairdresser, ,
Kinda weird that they didn't hold up NCS's stock also. Oh well, I just ordered standard USPS delivery, so I wouldn't have gotten it this week anyways.

Shawn

snkusa.com
vonze said:
So does this mean even though I paid for overnight I won't get it until Monday? Or will USPS ship overnight on Saturday?

USPS not only delivers on Saturdays, they will also deliver EMS packages on Sundays as well.

Magnaflux

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
Shawn said:
USPS not only delivers on Saturdays, they will also deliver EMS packages on Sundays as well.

Also on Christmas day! I found this out last year.

vonze

Quiz Detective
Well then I don't feel so bad then. Thanks for the update Shawn, it's cool that you always let us know exactly what is going on with the shipments.

Shawn

snkusa.com
Snooptalian said:
Kinda weird that they didn't hold up NCS's stock also. Oh well, I just ordered standard USPS delivery, so I wouldn't have gotten it this week anyways.

I find that ironic as well, considering both shipments were sent on the same day, both via UPS Express, from the same sender in Osaka, Japan. From Osaka, to Alaska, then to Lousiville, KY.

Only difference is, Memphis, TN is a much closer destination (just one state below Kentucky, a short drive by car). Logically, you would expect NG.com to receive first simply based on logistics. Unfortunately, there’s no way of hiding this one ton shipment from the eyes of a UPS Customs house broker.

Shawn

snkusa.com
Re: hi shawn

KOF_FANATIK said:
Shawn, do you think that this could happen to the MVS carts as well?:help:

Not on my end at least, simply because the MVS products are distributed by SNK NEOGEO USA in Cypress, CA. However, this doesn't mean that SNK would not have to deal with customs on their end when importing a large shipment of MVS carts, which could result in a minor delay.

ajk1080

Ukyo's Doctor
Holy shit, am i disapointed. Look I'm not an impatiant bastard(well ok yes i am), but jees this realy sucks. I know its only 1 day, but this is my first neo release that I have ever been a part of and i have been counting the days. Even 1 more day makes me hate even waiting even more. I would like to thank Shawn for being honest with us and keep us up to date. That realy shows that he is a upstanding buisnessman, and even if may hear some bitching or takes some heat, he respects all of us. Oh well, now(since i took tomorrow off) i can go into work and get 8 hours of overtime(SSV, KoF03 and MS5 are gonna NEED some O.T.), maybe it was little blessing in disguise. BTW, is there usually some bump in the road on AES releases or is this the first game that's had a couple of delays and production problems? Just curious, thanks.

tredezine

n00b
Shawn, if the carts are shipped friday, do you think the shipments may reach somedestinations on Saturday?

daybona

Juz,
I am assuming anyone who ordered overnight shipping will get the game on Saturday?

As I understand, the Neostore is sending its overnight shipments via Fedex, and I'm pretty sure they deliver seven days a week.

I am curious as to the EXACT reason for this delay. I am guessing the reason this shipment of SVC got delayed while others did not, is because of the large quantity of games being shipped.

The NCSX shipment probably got through because it was smaller.

Of course, this is all just conjecture. Any confirmation of my theories would be appreciated...

Shawn

snkusa.com
tredezine said:
Shawn, if the carts are shipped friday, do you think the shipments may reach somedestinations on Saturday?

EMS orders would have a very good chance for Saturday delivery, just depend on your location. Priority mail orders, most of you can expect Monday delivery.

tredezine

n00b
Thanks for the quick responce. I feel more confident in your abilities concidering the circumstances. Keep up the good work.:buttrock:

Look forward to getting SSV from ya!!!:glee:

Tarma

Old Man
20 Year Member
Shawn said:

Now why the hell can't this country have a postal service like that?

Royal Mail royally sucks :mad:

Shawn

snkusa.com
Btw, thanks for the great attitudes, seriously. I was expecting to just roll with the punches you see. So thank for your understanding and for your encouraging support!

You know you have a loyal following when your customers actually thank you in response of notification for yet another delay. I’m impressed, God bless.

vonze

Quiz Detective
Only bad thing for me is that I live in TN so going by the logic of the shipping so far everyone in California will get their copy before me :p

Mike

Bead Banger
Thanks for the update!

Now I have more time to learn Waku Waku 7...

Silly Fernandez....:tickled:

Lyte Edge

Quartermaster,
Shawn,

I've changed my shipping address to my work, but for EMS saturday delivery, does the USPS still deliver to businesses on Sat., or would I be better off changing it back to my home address?

Lee