PDA

View Full Version : Billllllllllllly!!! Yamazakiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii!!! in KOOOOOOOOOF' 2003!!!



gozu+mezu
11-13-2003, 02:54 AM
http://www.snkplaymore.jp/official/kof2003/character/img/chara_yamazaki01.jpghttp://www.snkplaymore.jp/official/kof2003/character/img/chara_yamazaki02.jpg
http://www.snkplaymore.jp/official/kof2003/character/img/chara_billy01.jpghttp://www.snkplaymore.jp/official/kof2003/character/img/chara_billy02.jpg

look at billy new style!!! :buttrock: and yamazaki without his jacket!!! :buttrock: Falcoon style rocks!!! :buttrock: and there is another character in the team!!! :buttrock:

Do your bets now!!!

For me: Eiji Kisaraji (the revenge team):buttrock:

Kid Aphex
11-13-2003, 02:56 AM
Great roster so far :D

Metal Fatigue
11-13-2003, 02:56 AM
I feel it, this game will be insane. I wonder how everything will balance out with the Garou characters mixed in.

Kid Aphex
11-13-2003, 03:00 AM
Why does it say, "Now Printing" for the third character?
Are they going to release it today,or what?!
Is this just a CHEAPER way at getting more hits on the site? Multiple updates throughout the update day? :rolleyes:


I think they're supposed to be called the "Outlaw" team...
MR BIG?!?!?!?!?!

C'MON MR BIG!!!!

kernow
11-13-2003, 03:19 AM
Cool, but Billy again? :(

Diavle18
11-13-2003, 03:21 AM
That art of Yama looks sweet, not much diff in Billy's constume. Not too happy Billy is in there though, unless the bastard is toned down.

SouthtownKid
11-13-2003, 03:41 AM
Yeah, it says "outlaw team"... who is another SNK outlaw? Freeman? Jack Tanner? Rody from AOF 3 (don't remember his story)? Or possibly someone no one has thought of... I stayed up to see the next team and they only revealed 2 members...

tsukaesugi
11-13-2003, 03:46 AM
Originally posted by gozu+mezu

For me: Eiji Kisaraji (the revenge team):buttrock:

:buttrock:

jeff bogard
11-13-2003, 03:46 AM
Well, my guess is mary. On the other hand I could see Iori, and Eiji in the same team. I don't know, hopefully a new character.

RichardDark
11-13-2003, 03:51 AM
I think too thats it will be Freeman from Garou.He would be perfect to join thats two guys^-^.And then a new char is in KOF as well.
I would be very happy to see Freeman in the next KOF.And then whit Billy and Yamazaki in a team...well thats team will pretty cool.

BarfHappy
11-13-2003, 04:09 AM
This game is going to be hard ^^;;;
Btw... funny english mistake in the links outlow~~ :P

I hope the 3rd character will be verry new, i mean brand new :)

gozu+mezu
11-13-2003, 04:39 AM
thinking about it. Eiji and Freeman could do a real good guy, but if they give me to choose one, i'll take:

http://wahrun.chez.tiscali.fr//duckk.jpg

Duck King with Wild Ambition style, he is a very ugly "loveable" guy. :drool:

Amano Jacu
11-13-2003, 04:40 AM
Blue Mary already teamed with that 2 guys, but in my opinion, the fact that the 3rd character hasn't yet been revealed hints that it will be a surprise, just like Tizoc in the Fatal Fury team instead of Andy. It could very well be another Garou char... how about B. Jennet? It would fill the hole left by Mary... :drool_2:

Ilovejapangirls
11-13-2003, 04:43 AM
Yeah! I hope for B. Jenet :drool_2:

gozu+mezu
11-13-2003, 04:48 AM
i don't think that Billy and Yamazaki would let B. Jenet to team up with them, and B. Jenet works only with her Lilien Knights guys.

a question for those who have the All About Snk book or played wild ambition: Is Toji (from Wild Ambition) a good or a bad guy?

Kid Aphex
11-13-2003, 04:53 AM
Well, again it's obviously got to be an "outlaw"...whatever that means.

K9999? :make_fac:

gozu+mezu
11-13-2003, 04:55 AM
here is what i found at Siegfried Fighter's (http://kattuggla.oru.se/dmd01/dm0103/test) about Toji:

"Once a powerful aikido fighter, Toji now spends his time walking around Southtown looking for trouble. He is well prepared to deal with anyone attacking him. He only appeared in Fatal Fury: Wild Ambition."

http://kattuggla.oru.se/dmd01/dm0103/test/fighters/ff_toji.gif

Toji is a badass!!!

the_colonel
11-13-2003, 05:05 AM
Iori could join them i guess, but more importantly i would like to see a new character...

Like geese's pupil who has been hidden by geese's funds away from the social world, but remains just like geese in everyway except for his confident but menacing appearence, he can be the new leader as he's trusted even more than billy.

Even though billy does have a share's in geese's will, its clear that this new guy of geese's has lots more knowledge of running the buisness & such.

My home made character story, cool eh.

Also, its not about if the characters get redrawn, its if they play with new styles by having new basics, cammand moves, specials & dm/sdm/hsdm's.

What if they redraw the characters but they play like they did in the past? i would personally prefer them to keep the old sprites but make the gameplay hot & lots of new moves to boot like in 01/02.
Really though i would prefer both, new sprites & the new moves.

gozu+mezu
11-13-2003, 05:13 AM
yeah the_colonel had reminded me geese henchmen. why not to see Ripper or Hopper in the outlaw team?

http://www.shinmugen.net/gifs/cfc/cfc2/breakup.gif

SPINMASTER X
11-13-2003, 05:47 AM
Well KOF2k3 is headed in the right direction at least. Billy and Yamazaki will never get old. Maybe Kevin Rian will take the place of mary, he's a cop too. Maybe he wants to investigate shit.

BarfHappy
11-13-2003, 05:54 AM
Good idea, like when vice and mature appeared :)

Decepticon
11-13-2003, 06:12 AM
That would also be a good place for someone like Rock or Genjuro :buttrock: :buttrock:

X
11-13-2003, 06:19 AM
Originally posted by Decepticon
That would also be a good place for someone like Rock or Genjuro :buttrock: :buttrock:

No sword fighters please.

No Rock either please.

Keep to time lines please.

RichardDark
11-13-2003, 06:22 AM
Can be too thats Grand or even KAIN will be the third person^-^.
Kain would be great!
Kain comes to this KOF to kick some butt's to revenge Geese:buttrock:

Decepticon
11-13-2003, 06:26 AM
Originally posted by X
No sword fighters please.

No Rock either please.

Keep to time lines please.

I don't think timelines matter much at this point.....take Joe for example....he hasn't aged a bit and if timelines are being followed Kain should be around following in Geese's footsteps right about now.

Final Symphony
11-13-2003, 07:12 AM
I thought Billy was dead.. :spock:

SML
11-13-2003, 07:13 AM
You were mistaken.

yagamikun
11-13-2003, 07:22 AM
I'm looking for Mary, but heres hoping it will be somebody different. I'm not going to speculate cuz I dont want to get my hopes up. The new designs look awesome though, expeicaly Billy's. I cant wait to see this game to see how much they actualy did change. Man, SNKP Is on a role this year.

SML
11-13-2003, 07:31 AM
Hey, I'm stupid but I've just noticed that all the characters announced so far come from Garou Densetsu.

Moriya
11-13-2003, 07:32 AM
Damn nice... looks like SNKP is not gonna disappoint us this year. New sprites for many characters... and the roster is great so far. As for the third member of this Outlaw team, as much as I'd like to see Freeman or Eiji, I guess it's a new character.

JC10001
11-13-2003, 07:33 AM
My money is on Geese Howard.

Decepticon
11-13-2003, 07:34 AM
Originally posted by StickmanLoser
Hey, I'm stupid but I've just noticed that all the characters announced so far come from Garou Densetsu.

And there is still more from the Series that are KOF regulars.

SML
11-13-2003, 07:39 AM
Originally posted by Decepticon
And there is still more from the Series that are KOF regulars.

Yes, but it's a question of the order they're being announced in, especially with the Second South team coming out first. Guess we'll see whenever "now printing" is revealed.

Decepticon
11-13-2003, 07:41 AM
Originally posted by StickmanLoser
Yes, but it's a question of the order they're being announced in, especially with the Second South team coming out first. Guess we'll see whenever "now printing" is revealed.

Hopefully they will do the AOF team next with Ryo in the Mr. Karate mask and Marco taking Takuma's place

X
11-13-2003, 07:45 AM
Originally posted by Decepticon
I don't think timelines matter much at this point.....take Joe for example....he hasn't aged a bit and if timelines are being followed Kain should be around following in Geese's footsteps right about now.

People dont age much between 25 and 35. Especially animated charcters.

kernow
11-13-2003, 07:45 AM
OMFG I hope rugal is boss.

Would make a change

X
11-13-2003, 07:49 AM
Originally posted by kernow
OMFG I hope rugal is boss.

Would make a change

LOL yea. That would be a huge change for the series. I mean how many times has he been boss already? Maybe not enough.

Decepticon
11-13-2003, 07:50 AM
Rugal as the boss!

OMFG!

Please SNKP please make him the boss....there hasn't been a KOF with Rugal as boss released in almost a year.

Amix
11-13-2003, 07:54 AM
Let's just hope when Yamazaki walks he doesn't magically gain a jacket.

FeelGood
11-13-2003, 07:57 AM
Originally posted by Amix
Let's just hope when Yamazaki walks he doesn't magically gain a jacket.
lol
the typical Playmore new frames character...

SML
11-13-2003, 08:03 AM
The boss will be Mecha Rugal, and he'll be 50 ft tall (ala Fernandez) and will stomp what little remained standing after the Zero cannon hit South Town.

Rade K
11-13-2003, 08:16 AM
Originally posted by Amix
Let's just hope when Yamazaki walks he doesn't magically gain a jacket.

It's a vest.

Decepticon
11-13-2003, 08:18 AM
Originally posted by Amix
Let's just hope when Yamazaki walks he doesn't magically gain a jacket.

Or Terry switching from his old outfit to his MOTW in the middle of a SDM.

kernow
11-13-2003, 08:20 AM
*opens paintbrush*
*file->open->rugalgenocidecutter4.bmp*
*edits a really dodgy fourth hit to RUIN the move*
*saves and exits*

fuck, neo development is easy.

One of the coolest moves ever and you bastardise it, gaymore, rot in hell, rottt in heellllll


Originally posted by StickmanLoser
The boss will be Mecha Rugal, and he'll be 50 ft tall (ala Fernandez) and will stomp what little remained standing after the Zero cannon hit South Town.

MilkManX
11-13-2003, 08:21 AM
If Duck King makes it in here I will go nutz and buy the MVS on day one.


:D

dragonwillow
11-13-2003, 08:26 AM
Wow Billy looks so damned awesome...
I'm guessing Freeman will be in there, too.

Chances of actual "new" made-up characters this year I think are pretty low. Remember, they're focusing on bringing in charas from other Neo games, so don't expect a fancy new design :P

FormlessOne
11-13-2003, 08:27 AM
This is a good Freeman team, I wanna see him.

BryLmoo
11-13-2003, 08:34 AM
: :prays for new sprites: :

Cranky
11-13-2003, 08:42 AM
yamazaki?
oh hell i'm in heaven! looks like he's back to his RB/FF clothing.

KOF RUGAL B.
11-13-2003, 08:58 AM
Originally posted by kernow
OMFG I hope rugal is boss.

Would make a change

I hope so too

He better be in KOF03:mad_2:

ikazamay
11-13-2003, 08:59 AM
yes this is so grrrrrrayt.yamazaki my number 1 man is back with the coool fatal fury look.i am really lucky to know that and this is really looking good.aaaaaaahhhhhh:multi_co: :buttrock:

Decepticon
11-13-2003, 09:01 AM
Originally posted by KOF RUGAL B.
I hope so too

He better be in KOF03:mad_2:

But not as a boss...

There should be a boss team again this year with Geese, Rugal, and Krizald or Orochi.

TB@SNK-Capcom
11-13-2003, 09:24 AM
Please let it be Laurence, I have a feeling it is, it's cool that Billy gets a new look with long hair.

neonightrider
11-13-2003, 09:25 AM
Did anybody else notice that Billy is wearing his Wild Ambition jacket?

Pink Spider
11-13-2003, 09:26 AM
Originally posted by TB@SNK-Capcom
Please let it be Laurence, I have a feeling it is, it's cool that Billy gets a new look with long hair.

Fuck yeah! I love Laurence!

TB@SNK-Capcom
11-13-2003, 09:38 AM
I don't think it's Blue Mary you guys, Mary doesn't suit the category of an "outlaw".

jeff_mangum
11-13-2003, 09:41 AM
So are they going to reveal this other character today, or what?

This all seems very gay.

geekabilly
11-13-2003, 10:03 AM
Im thinking it will be Freeman... another new fighter.. and he fits the dark, kind of evil theme of this team...:buttrock:

Syxx573
11-13-2003, 10:18 AM
Awesome characters. :buttrock:

rarehero
11-13-2003, 11:16 AM
would not mary be the third wo(man)
shes not on team fatal fury,
but perhaps she s on a ladies team.

Stephane
11-13-2003, 11:19 AM
Originally posted by geekabilly
Im thinking it will be Freeman... another new fighter.. and he fits the dark, kind of evil theme of this team...:buttrock:

while reading this thread, i have exactly got the same feeling and thinking about freeman ! :)
that s will be a good character for this kof !

Spike Spiegel
11-13-2003, 11:44 AM
Everything tells me that it HAS to be Blue Mary or Eiji.... but B Mary makes no sense as "an outlaw" as someone already said. They didn't call it the Real Bout Team, so she won't be it (I'm guessing). I love the idea of it being Freeman, who is my favorite character from MOTW. THAT would be a pimp team, if I may say so.

However, just because Falcoon's badass self made a pic of Yamazaki without his vest doesn't mean he won't have a vest in the game, does it? I hope he's redrawn, but we'll see.

Falcoon doing the art for this year is enough for me to buy the MVS the day it's released. "but spike, it may be $800!"... what's your point, I'm buying this shit.

Spike

Buro Destruct
11-13-2003, 11:45 AM
Freeman is boring. K9999, K', Mr. Big (pleeeeease!) and Laurence all make better candidates.

This is a DEFINITE purchase for me already.

TB@SNK-Capcom
11-13-2003, 11:48 AM
I think it is Laurence because they want to introduce new characters and Laurence is the third outlaw of Fatal Fury Series other than Geese and Krauser.

RichardDark
11-13-2003, 11:50 AM
Originally posted by Buro Destruct
Freeman is boring. K9999, K', Mr. Big (pleeeeease!) and Laurence all make better candidates.

This is a DEFINITE purchase for me already.


No please not again thats cheap tesuo clone again.Sorry but I really think k'9999 was only a stolen char out of an anime.And thats the way it should not be.

Mr.Big would be fine,and K' well sure he will be in I think...like Kyo and Iori in every kof as well

SML
11-13-2003, 11:51 AM
Originally posted by Spike Spiegel
Everything tells me that it HAS to be Blue Mary or Eiji.... but B Mary makes no sense as "an outlaw" as someone already said. They didn't call it the Real Bout Team, so she won't be it (I'm guessing). I love the idea of it being Freeman, who is my favorite character from MOTW. THAT would be a pimp team, if I may say so.

However, just because Falcoon's badass self made a pic of Yamazaki without his vest doesn't mean he won't have a vest in the game, does it? I hope he's redrawn, but we'll see.

Falcoon doing the art for this year is enough for me to buy the MVS the day it's released. "but spike, it may be $800!"... what's your point, I'm buying this shit.

Spike

I'm pretty sure the artists are forced to draw the characters as they'll appear in the game. (True, Joe had a cape in the 2001 art, but he did wear it in his intro.)
EDIT: (wait, did he wear a cape in the 2001 art, or did Nona *want* to draw him with one and was forced not to? Or was it Falcoon who drew him with the cape as fanart? My brain is scrambled.)

Spike Spiegel
11-13-2003, 11:53 AM
I, for one, think K9999 is a great character. Is he Tetsuo? Well... yes. Yes he is. When I play as him, I know I'm playing as Tetsuo Shima, and I like that. I hope he's in the game, but so far, the roster's looking mighty nice.

Spike

Dizzy11523
11-13-2003, 11:54 AM
I hope it's BAO! Just kidding.

I hope it's B.JENET.

Evil Wasabi
11-13-2003, 12:01 PM
I'd like it to be Duck or Eiji... :D
Although Duck wouldn't really fit with Billy and Yamazaki, he doesn't really reek of "badassness", he's just cool but in a "nice" way... O_o

Moriya
11-13-2003, 12:04 PM
(wait, did he wear a cape in the 2001 art, or did Nona *want* to draw him with one and was forced not to? Or was it Falcoon who drew him with the cape as fanart? My brain is scrambled.) [/B]

Nona originally drew him with the cape, but the art was rejected and he was forced to redraw him without the cape because the art MUST look exactly like the character does in the game. The same happened with other characters, like Robert wearing a suit and stuff.

SML
11-13-2003, 12:06 PM
Originally posted by Moriya
Nona originally drew him with the cape, but the art was rejected and he was forced to redraw him without the cape because the art MUST look exactly like the character does in the game. The same happened with other characters, like Robert wearing a suit and stuff.

Thanks, I guess that settles how the sprites will look. :buttrock:

Turns out the 3rd member really is just a crooked yellow sign that reads "now printing".

Solidus Snake
11-13-2003, 12:12 PM
Could possibly be Freeman. Although a team with Yamazaki and Freeman, Billy must have to watch his back 24/7.

I hope its Eiji as well. It's been TOO long for him.

jeff bogard
11-13-2003, 12:18 PM
I have a feeling Tizoc will be the only Garou character. And I hope he is.

SouthtownKid
11-13-2003, 12:20 PM
Originally posted by StickmanLoser
I'm pretty sure the artists are forced to draw the characters as they'll appear in the game. (True, Joe had a cape in the 2001 art, but he did wear it in his intro.)
EDIT: (wait, did he wear a cape in the 2001 art, or did Nona *want* to draw him with one and was forced not to? Or was it Falcoon who drew him with the cape as fanart? My brain is scrambled.)
SNK rejected Nona's original illustration with the cape (which I prefered), so he altered it, removing the cape.

Also, X kind of brought up an interesting point about people not aging much between 25-35. SNK's thing has been that people havent aged at all between KOF '95 and '01 (for example, Clark's stayed 34 all this time), but last year (which was a dream match; don't remember what they did in '98) and again in the bios for this year, no age was given -- only month and day of birth... I can't remember offhand if there were other years where no age is given, but whenever they show age (for example '99-'01), it's been the same as '95. Maybe SNK are trying to jumpstart the timeline this year.

Decepticon
11-13-2003, 12:22 PM
Originally posted by StickmanLoser
Thanks, I guess that settles how the sprites will look. :buttrock:

Turns out the 3rd member really is just a crooked yellow sign that reads "now printing".

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

ltron2020
11-13-2003, 01:06 PM
this game is gonna kill more white females than OJ simpson, as long as the sprites arent rehashed:shame:

Dash no Chris
11-13-2003, 01:09 PM
Originally posted by gozu+mezu
look at billy new style!!! :buttrock: and yamazaki without his jacket!!! :buttrock: Falcoon style rocks!!! :buttrock:
Wondering when Domino-chan is going to happen upon this thread and spontaneously turn to jelly.

Originally posted by SouthtownKid
last year (which was a dream match; don't remember what they did in '98) and again in the bios for this year, no age was given -- only month and day of birth... I can't remember offhand if there were other years where no age is given, but whenever they show age (for example '99-'01), it's been the same as '95. Maybe SNK are trying to jumpstart the timeline this year.
Noticed the lack of ages in the '03 profiles this morning, too. I'm wondering if it's less an indicator that SNK is jumpstarting the timeline*, and more an indicator that '03 is going to be even more dreammatchy (timeline-wise, relative-character-ages-wise) than previous installments. At least at this point, they probably don't want to paint themselves into a corner on exactly when this tournament takes place** -- not unlike how the AoF Series' character profiles had ages but no years of birth.

* such a move might/should involve some serious sprite reworking for some characters -- most notably the younger ones -- in order to bring the KOF'95-aged characters' ages in line with the pre-MOTW-aged MOTW character(s) in the cast

** just because the game is released in 2003, and the game's name includes 2003, doesn't necessarily mean the action occurs in 2003

--Chris

Kid Aphex
11-13-2003, 01:18 PM
Originally posted by Buro Destruct
Freeman is boring. K9999, K', Mr. Big (pleeeeease!) and Laurence all make better candidates.

This is a DEFINITE purchase for me already.

Freeman is total garbage. I remember I made a post about the worst SNK characters...he was right up there, but then again, only a few smart people agreed with me.

It all boils down to...

"Freeman? HEY, or I could play as Iori."

EX_Andy
11-13-2003, 01:48 PM
That's great news to hear that these two guys are back in the game, and it would be really cool to see Geese on a team with them (see KOF '97 special team ending), but as others have posted, it's much more likely that they'll get stuck with Blue Mary or Iori. Both of them are very popular characters; Iori isn't going anywhere, and I doubt they'd drop Blue Mary.

If SNK is going back to 3-man teams, Mary can't join up with Terry (his team is full up), so where else would she go. And in most recent years, SNK didn't even know what to do with Iori (teamed with Vanessa, Ramon, and Seth, for no good reason), so I wouldn't be surprised to see these guys get stuck with him, either.

FeelGood
11-13-2003, 01:57 PM
Originally posted by EX_Andy
That's great news to hear that these two guys are back in the game, and it would be really cool to see Geese on a team with them (see KOF '97 special team ending), but as others have posted, it's much more likely that they'll get stuck with Blue Mary or Iori. Both of them are very popular characters; Iori isn't going anywhere, and I doubt they'd drop Blue Mary.

If SNK is going back to 3-man teams, Mary can't join up with Terry (his team is full up), so where else would she go. And in most recent years, SNK didn't even know what to do with Iori (teamed with Vanessa, Ramon, and Seth, for no good reason), so I wouldn't be surprised to see these guys get stuck with him, either.

She could hang with Mai and Li Xiangfei.

Iori could be with... Lin and whip.

Who else can whip be with? K, Maxima, and Kula? Tough to tell.

Something like that.

FeelGood
11-13-2003, 01:59 PM
Originally posted by Kid Aphex
Freeman is total garbage. I remember I made a post about the worst SNK characters...he was right up there, but then again, only a few smart people agreed with me.

It all boils down to...

"Freeman? HEY, or I could play as Iori."

Freeman is like Iori? I don't get it.

Freeman is very cool. His moves are unique. Kind of refreshing compared to the old fireball uppercut retinue we've suffered through.

Spike Spiegel
11-13-2003, 02:09 PM
Originally posted by Kid Aphex
Freeman is total garbage. I remember I made a post about the worst SNK characters...he was right up there, but then again, only a few smart people agreed with me.

It all boils down to...

"Freeman? HEY, or I could play as Iori."

It's all your opinoin. Only a few smart people agree? Freeman is what Iori should be. Iori is getting stale, while Freeman is very cool... crazy, even.

I don't think that Freeman could be on the same team as Yamazaki, now that I think about it. They are both the same voice actor, and that may show more if one seiyuu does the voice for two characters on the same team.

Spike

Evil Wasabi
11-13-2003, 02:10 PM
Freeman may be cool...
But 1 psycho in a team is enough.

EvilMike
11-13-2003, 02:28 PM
I vote for Eiji

in my dreams it could happen

SouthtownKid
11-13-2003, 02:38 PM
Originally posted by Dash no Chris
Noticed the lack of ages in the '03 profiles this morning, too. I'm wondering if it's less an indicator that SNK is jumpstarting the timeline*, and more an indicator that '03 is going to be even more dreammatchy (timeline-wise, relative-character-ages-wise) than previous installments.

Which could tie in to them having more new characters from different games. Especially as some characters from Kizuna and Metal Slug have already appeared as strikers...

Marco-big-bro
11-13-2003, 02:42 PM
My dream: Metal slug team....:buttrock:

It won't happen for sure, but at least i know this game going to be great...
Plus the beta test is on 17 november at neogeoland....
WE will soon learn about the other teams....

TB@SNK-Capcom
11-13-2003, 02:42 PM
Man you guys, Laurence is the last main FF mid boss so he should be with all of the FF mid bosses.

Kalhim-ehrö
11-13-2003, 02:46 PM
I think it will be Eiji (who is always with billy since kof 95) or a totally new character.

We will be fix next monday.

jeff bogard
11-13-2003, 02:51 PM
I'm pretty sure it's eiji.

About the idea of the mid bosses, I would love to see Axel, Mr. Big, Lawrence in a team. I would also love to have a return from Krauser.

For now I don't care who makes it to the game, as long as it's nobody else from garou. I only wish for mary to return, as well as giving her the same moves she had in 2000, with the flexibility to chain combo them like in 2002.

MilkManX
11-13-2003, 03:01 PM
Please be Eiji.

...or on a crazy note. Duck King. :buttrock:

Chicago Cheeseburgler Crew
11-13-2003, 03:05 PM
It'll be Eiji.

With a new sprite, so they can use it in SvC2 as well.

LWK
11-13-2003, 03:05 PM
Im gonna be the asshole here and say its gonna be Mary.
Unless they severely change Yamazaki (update him, you lazy motherfuckers)
I aint gonna get my hopes up. I dig the new looks though.

Spike Spiegel
11-13-2003, 03:25 PM
Originally posted by Lord Wolfgang Krauser
Im gonna be the asshole here and say its gonna be Mary.
Unless they severely change Yamazaki (update him, you lazy motherfuckers)
I aint gonna get my hopes up. I dig the new looks though.

Unless the translation is pityfull, I just don't think that Mary is possible. If it were, would they make us wait this long to see who the last member was? Think about it:

Outlaw Team
Making you all wait

and....

and....

It's Mary! Thanks for waiting. Doesn't make sense. I mean, I wouldn't be shocked if they pulled that shit, but let's hope for someone from the way past (Geese/Eiji) or someone brand new (Freeman).

Spike

neojedi
11-13-2003, 03:31 PM
The Now printing sign owns Blue Mary and Eiji combined for free. Just thought I'd share that. :p

OrochiEddie
11-13-2003, 03:52 PM
I'm really hoping for Eiji, Mr Big, or Freeman. I hope it isn't mary though that'd just be a rehash of old times

SiegfriedFM
11-13-2003, 04:24 PM
"I think it will be Eiji (who is always with billy since kof 95)"

Eh? Eiji was with Billy in 95 only, otherwise Billy has been with Yamazaki and Blue-Mary all the time. Unless you mean his Iori intro.

Eiji is a loser, get over him.

Rodi
11-13-2003, 04:32 PM
Originally posted by EvilWasabi
She could hang with Mai and Li Xiangfei.

Iori could be with... Lin and whip.

Who else can whip be with? K, Maxima, and Kula? Tough to tell.

Something like that.
I think Whip has more story with the Hero team rather than Maxima...

so probably Maxima should be in another team(or maybe he's gone in 2003 O_o)...

But since his relationship with K' can only get stronger, I can never tell :P

Oh and regarding the issue, I wouldn't mind if it is Eiji... please not Freeman...
Unless they take out Iori(which I doubt)...
Either one. But not both. -.-;;

Sticks
11-13-2003, 04:40 PM
I wouldn't be suprised if Eiji Kisagari or Mr. Big is the 3rd member...the my suprise pick is someone like Raiden/Big Bear. If its someone like Grant or Kain would be the shocker.

Big Shady
11-13-2003, 07:06 PM
Just bring Eiji back and I'll be a happy man. He was so badass in '95! Why did they drop him?!

Moriya
11-13-2003, 07:19 PM
You know, I don't really understand why there are a lot of people saying taht Freeman and Iori can't be in the same game. So, there can't be two characters "of the same type" in the game? Well, there have been lots of KOFs with Iori and Yamazaki already. KOF2001 had Leona and Heidern, which are pretty similar too. '99 and '00 had Kim and Jhun. '02 had Kyo and Kusanagi. What's the point, really?

Kid Aphex
11-13-2003, 07:23 PM
Originally posted by EvilWasabi
Freeman is like Iori? I don't get it.

Freeman is very cool. His moves are unique. Kind of refreshing compared to the old fireball uppercut retinue we've suffered through.

To me at least. They're like the same boring fucking character, only Freeman's got longer hair and a much stupider outfit. Hey, it's all opinion like Spike said, I just don't think I've ever seen a worse character design...save R.Mika.

Buro Destruct
11-13-2003, 07:43 PM
Originally posted by Kid Aphex
To me at least. They're like the same boring fucking character, only Freeman's got longer hair and a much stupider outfit. Hey, it's all opinion like Spike said, I just don't think I've ever seen a worse character design...save R.Mika.

Remy? a.k.a Freeman v1.5?

jeff bogard
11-13-2003, 07:45 PM
I'll probably keep saying this over and over. I don't care who comes out. As long as it's not somebody else from garou. It's not that I don't like the game. It's just way too.... childish to predict garou chacters are coming out only because tizoc made it.

TB@SNK-Capcom
11-13-2003, 08:33 PM
Just trust me, it's not Blue Mary, because she is not an outlaw and she has no point in being in with Yama and Billy as the outlaw team. I do think we will see Blue Mary sooner or later but no, it is not her.
I think it is either Laurence,Geese,Iori, or Eiji. BTW, we will find out eventually.

SML
11-13-2003, 08:41 PM
If Mary is in the game, I wonder if they'll put her in her RB gear.

Domino-chan
11-13-2003, 08:51 PM
Originally posted by Dash no Chris
Wondering when Domino-chan is going to happen upon this thread and spontaneously turn to jelly.

::spontaneously turns into jelly::

Billy looks friggin' hot! :buttrock:

And my Yamabear!!

For the third member, it's a tossup for Eiji, Mary, or Duck King. I personally want to bring in the ducky.

SNKJorge
11-13-2003, 08:56 PM
Hopefully Eiji can make a comeback,
it's been 8 years...

Oh and this will make Fran very happy.

SPINMASTER X
11-13-2003, 09:08 PM
it'll be Mr. Big.

*prays for geese*

Darklighterx
11-13-2003, 09:55 PM
Geese, bitches.

TB@SNK-Capcom
11-13-2003, 10:30 PM
Billy looks friggin' hot!

Do you think he looks better with long hair? what other SNK guys do you think are hot.

Brandon St Randy
11-13-2003, 10:42 PM
it should be Eiji teaming up with Billy and Yama to whoop Ioris ass.

NO STYLE DM
11-14-2003, 12:50 AM
its eiji , think about it , we wanted terry in his motw outfit : We Got Him ..... we wanted some gauro charas : We Got Them (tizoc)... i know many people who woreship billy and yama and want them in a non-dreammatch kof ... and They Got them , and their are already rumors that jhun is in it as well .
Everybody loves eiji , everybody wants eiji , got it ?

NeoTheranthrope
11-14-2003, 05:16 AM
hmmmmm... kof2003 outlaw team? who could be the third member?

maybe...

it's...

Mai!

('cause she's on the run from the law for all those outstanding warrents for solicitation) :D

Syxx573
11-14-2003, 11:05 AM
I just know Falcoon is gonna release a picture of one of the new KOF characters, and their gonna have their bare breasts sticking out, like in 5% of his pictures.

jeff_mangum
11-14-2003, 11:11 AM
It's probably that little bitch Eiji.

Wouldn't surprise me one bit.

Personally, I'd rather have a new character.

orochi_lubu
11-14-2003, 01:50 PM
Originally posted by gozu+mezu
http://www.snkplaymore.jp/official/kof2003/character/img/chara_yamazaki01.jpghttp://www.snkplaymore.jp/official/kof2003/character/img/chara_yamazaki02.jpg
http://www.snkplaymore.jp/official/kof2003/character/img/chara_billy01.jpghttp://www.snkplaymore.jp/official/kof2003/character/img/chara_billy02.jpg

look at billy new style!!! :buttrock: and yamazaki without his jacket!!! :buttrock: Falcoon style rocks!!! :buttrock: and there is another character in the team!!! :buttrock:

Do your bets now!!!

For me: Eiji Kisaraji (the revenge team):buttrock:
damn, billy looks almost as crazy as yamazaki. its about time they made a comeback. eiji or freeman would make a nice addition. but a new character or someone from the aof/ff would be good.

Syxx573
11-14-2003, 02:03 PM
Yeah... we already read the first post.

snkool
11-14-2003, 04:36 PM
Maybe it will Eiji. Who knows, it could even be Rugal.

It would be cool if they made Alfred playable in a KOF.

the_colonel
11-14-2003, 05:50 PM
The graphic style on the close ups are gonna be like that in the game i think, you can see the scanlines on them.

Rodi
11-14-2003, 05:53 PM
Originally posted by TB@SNK-Capcom
Do you think he looks better with long hair? what other SNK guys do you think are hot. I bet you want him to say Terry too right? :P

TriShield
11-14-2003, 07:38 PM
Wow, two characters that have been in numerous KOF games previous... nothing to get excited about here, except for Falcoon's renditions of them.

Metal Fatigue
11-14-2003, 07:44 PM
Originally posted by the_colonel
The graphic style on the close ups are gonna be like that in the game i think, you can see the scanlines on them.

not sure if you are joking but thats just part of the design layout.

Domino-chan
11-14-2003, 08:45 PM
Originally posted by Rodi
I bet you want him to say Terry too right? :P

Him? Him who? :spock:

Oh, and Billy with longer hair does look a bit funky. His costume design kicks ass though.

Moriya
11-14-2003, 09:19 PM
Originally posted by StickmanLoser
If Mary is in the game, I wonder if they'll put her in her RB gear.

That would be absolutely SWEET. It would be even better if, at least in one stage, she could make her RBFFS entrance, with the motorcycle.

FeelGood
11-14-2003, 09:34 PM
Would you people accept Freeman if he had a different hair color?!

I mean, like if he had black hair, would that help you allow him on the same game with Iori?

OMG! terry is just another andy!

OMG! Andy is just another Geese!

OMG! Clark is just another Billy!

PLEASE use your 21st century brains now. Start warming them up for the war against the machines, or you'll just slow us down.

MrLonghair
11-14-2003, 09:36 PM
Originally posted by Domino-chan
Oh, and Billy with longer hair does look a bit funky. [/B]
Long hair is always good, and I really wouldnt mind a return of Eiji, wherever he went after his last appearance

jeff_mangum
11-14-2003, 09:39 PM
But christ, do we really need another MotW character? And why would they bother keeping us in suspense, seeing as they had no problem showing Tizoc.

It's not fucking Freeman.

It may be Eiji, seeing as Eiji-worshippers have been clamoring for his return forever now. God knows why.

I'd rather have Moe Habana.:cool:

gozu+mezu
11-15-2003, 07:26 AM
hey guys look at this:

http://www.snkplaymore.jp/official/kof2003/character/img/chara_yamazaki01.jpghttp://www.snkplaymore.jp/official/kof2003/character/img/chara_yamazaki02.jpg >> http://www.kitoutpost.com/wallpapers_page/snk/yam_wa_sm.gif

http://www.snkplaymore.jp/official/kof2003/character/img/chara_billy01.jpghttp://www.snkplaymore.jp/official/kof2003/character/img/chara_billy02.jpg >> http://www.kitoutpost.com/kof/wallpapers/billy_wa_sm.jpg

this screens are arts done by hiroaki for Fatal Fury Wild Ambition, and you can look that Billy wears that KOF' 2003 "new" outfit (this outfit is hidden in FFWA).

this mean that Snkp is bringing back Wild Ambition to the scene.

now i want:

http://wahrun.chez.tiscali.fr//duckk.jpg or http://www.kitoutpost.com/wallpapers_page/snk/toj_wa_sm.gif

Rodi
11-15-2003, 08:12 AM
Originally posted by EvilWasabi
Would you people accept Freeman if he had a different hair color?!

I mean, like if he had black hair, would that help you allow him on the same game with Iori?

OMG! terry is just another andy!

OMG! Andy is just another Geese!

OMG! Clark is just another Billy!

PLEASE use your 21st century brains now. Start warming them up for the war against the machines, or you'll just slow us down.
Now think of what you're saying...
You post doesnt make sense...

Ok, so the brothers look kinda alike.
at least Terry and Andy have different personalities and styles...
and Andy, Geese? Clark, Billy? wtf!?

Iori and freeman are just too similar... not only by general appearance but also the slashing styles...

It just wouldn't be original for either one of them if both were in the game.
So that's just my opinion.
I wouldn't want it to become King of Fatal Fury 2003 either. :P

FormlessOne
11-15-2003, 11:11 AM
Originally posted by gozu+mezu
hey guys look at this:

http://www.snkplaymore.jp/official/kof2003/character/img/chara_yamazaki01.jpghttp://www.snkplaymore.jp/official/kof2003/character/img/chara_yamazaki02.jpg >> http://www.kitoutpost.com/wallpapers_page/snk/yam_wa_sm.gif

http://www.snkplaymore.jp/official/kof2003/character/img/chara_billy01.jpghttp://www.snkplaymore.jp/official/kof2003/character/img/chara_billy02.jpg >> http://www.kitoutpost.com/kof/wallpapers/billy_wa_sm.jpg

this screens are arts done by hiroaki for Fatal Fury Wild Ambition, and you can look that Billy wears that KOF' 2003 "new" outfit (this outfit is hidden in FFWA).

this mean that Snkp is bringing back Wild Ambition to the scene.

now i want:

http://wahrun.chez.tiscali.fr//duckk.jpg or http://www.kitoutpost.com/wallpapers_page/snk/toj_wa_sm.gif

Great observation, I own that game and never made the connection. Duck king isn't mean enough for that team tho, so I'd hafto go with Toji on this one.

the_colonel
11-15-2003, 01:30 PM
Originally posted by NeoFight
not sure if you are joking but thats just part of the design layout.

Why waist good graphic designs is what i meant. Using the scan lines as a kind of design fashon seems kinda cool to me.

Do you mean by me joking about having the scan lines is a terrible idear, because they look cool anyways.

It goes to prove that its not the neo technology that is inferior, but just who the artist is who draws them.

Fygee
11-15-2003, 01:31 PM
Am I the only one that thinks Toji is rather crap? His design seems rather boring and generic to me.

the_colonel
11-15-2003, 01:35 PM
Originally posted by Fygee
Am I the only one that thinks Toji is rather crap? His design seems rather boring and generic to me.

Hahaha me too, (scrolls up a bit to look at his pic) he seems well dry in winning any character awards.

Evil Wasabi
11-15-2003, 01:41 PM
Toji doesn't seem all that cool at first sight, but it looks like most people who got to play FFWA like him...
So I'm not judging him yet.

neonightrider
11-15-2003, 02:35 PM
Does this mean that FF:WA is not a remake of FF1, but rather the final chapter before MOTW? If so would that mean that Geese is still alive?

NeoTheranthrope
11-15-2003, 04:38 PM
Fygee
Am I the only one that thinks Toji is rather crap? His design seems rather boring and generic to me.

Huh? no way! He looks like a really pissed off Wilford Brimley (http://www.i-mockery.com/romhacks/wilford/default.asp) with all his oat-based ass-kicking powers!:buttrock:

Dash no Chris
11-15-2003, 04:43 PM
Originally posted by neonightrider
Does this mean that FF:WA is not a remake of FF1, but rather the final chapter before MOTW? If so would that mean that Geese is still alive?
At this point, I don't see any reason to conclude that Wild Ambition is (or will be) anything other than what it's always been -- a retelling of the first FF. I think SNK just wanted to dredge up some unfortunately under-utilized costume designs, and Billy and Lily didn't manage to get the Outlaw Team's laundry done before the tournament (forcing the team's members to dig into the back of their respective closets for some clean clothes). Heh -- a little Billy - Yamazaki - closet reference for Domino-chan, there.:p

--Chris

TB@SNK-Capcom
11-16-2003, 12:26 AM
Seeing Toji or Ducky wouldn't be bad, I like the fact that SNK Playmore is making us expect the unexpected in their new figthing games. Like who would have thought that the Griffin mask was going to be in KOF2k3?

Domino-chan
11-16-2003, 12:33 AM
Originally posted by Dash no Chris
At this point, I don't see any reason to conclude that Wild Ambition is (or will be) anything other than what it's always been -- a retelling of the first FF. I think SNK just wanted to dredge up some unfortunately under-utilized costume designs, and Billy and Lily didn't manage to get the Outlaw Team's laundry done before the tournament (forcing the team's members to dig into the back of their respective closets for some clean clothes). Heh -- a little Billy - Yamazaki - closet reference for Domino-chan, there.:p

--Chris

:lol:

Okay I admit that was pretty funny. ::huggles Chris to death::

Ilovejapangirls
11-16-2003, 03:09 AM
Originally posted by Rodi
Now think of what you're saying...
You post doesnt make sense...

Ok, so the brothers look kinda alike.
at least Terry and Andy have different personalities and styles...
and Andy, Geese? Clark, Billy? wtf!?



You never beaten AOF 2 the right way...right? ;)