SVC Chaos Homecart Thread

tsukaesugi

Holy shit, it's a ninja!,
Just got back from the Yodobashi Camera in Shinjuku, where I picked up my copy of the Japanese SVC Chaos Homecart.

It's a beauty. Solid white spine, 'SNK VS. CAPCOM SVC CHAOS' is written in a big black font, the back cover is yellow with illustrations of Kyo, Ryu, Mai, and Chun-Li. White cover with Ryu and Kyo facing off on the front.

27 page manual with move lists for all the non-secret characters.

No codes for the secret characters are printed.

I'm assuming they're not selectable from the start.

There is a language option, and training mode however.

I'm off to play for a bit... I'll post more later.

-tsuka

Franco Bash

Geese's Thug
Look forward to hearing your impressions, I still have not played the game and will get my first chance when my cart arrives.

tsukaesugi

Yup, no secret characters are available from the start.

Gonna go find the codes to get them appear, then try them out.

One neat thing is that the names of the secret characters don't appear in the credits (under the voice actors etc.), there's just a line of question marks where their names should be. I guess they appear once you unlock them.

No glitches this time a la Matrimelee. The boards are also perfectly straight too (my Matrimelee boards are warped).

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler
Glad to see sombody got it, hope you enjoy it.

For hidden characters there's just one code you need to know!

Down once and Left 7 times while holding start for Dan. Nuff said.

If you can't show pictures of the cart, does it look the same as the US verson? Or is it different?

tsukaesugi

YuckMud said:
Glad to see sombody got it, hope you enjoy it.

For hidden characters there's just one code you need to know!

Down once and Left 7 times while holding start for Dan. Nuff said.

If you can't show pictures of the cart, does it look the same as the US verson? Or is it different?

Heh, my man Dan was the first code I tried.

Yep, they work.

The artwork is the exact same as the US version, minus the meg count.

insert.jpg

Lyte Edge

Quartermaster,
Hmm...

With all the blank "?????" in the credits, do you think you might be able to save the hidden characters to a memory card, or is it going to be codes every time? I'm expecting the latter, but you never know.

I don't know if the SvC Plus hack is any indication, but there ARE character select screen portraits for them in the bootleg.

Lee

olbaid

n00b
Lee

no you cant save the hidden characters in the memory card for you play with the hidden characters need to put in the code every time

i got the Jap home card

SVC chaos
SVC Plus

geekabilly

Mickey's Coach
Man you think they would have added some extras to the home cart.. play as all fighters in VS. or something.. kind of lame to imput the codes every time.. and they cold have had a Vs. with the bosses at balance...:oh_no:

tsukaesugi

jeff_mangum said:
That pretty much blows. Are Athena and Red Arremer playable?

I would guess no.

My guess is 'no' as well, but you never know. There might be another set of codes to unlock them. Anyway, they're definitely not on the chacter selection screen.

Originally posted by geekabilly
Man you think they would have added some extras to the home cart.. play as all fighters in VS. or something.. kind of lame to imput the codes every time.. and they cold have had a Vs. with the bosses at balance...

Just tried it out in versus.

No secret characters at the selection screen either, although there is still the dialogue intro between the different characters.

BarfHappy

NAM-75 Vet
Again, the hidden characters portraits were added by the bootleggers, they fit in the 8x8 characters part of the roms (front layer). I can t see snkp making it this way since these tiles are short on colours (hey just a front layer, designed to display credits and life bars... not illustrations ^^).

•sŽv‹c‚È •sŽv‹c‚È ’r‘Ü￾` “Œ‚ª￾¼•￾‚Å ￾¼“Œ•￾￾` ￾‚‚_‚»‚Ñ‚¦‚é ƒTƒ“ƒVƒƒƒCƒ“ ƒr￾`ƒbƒO ƒrƒbƒOƒrƒbƒO ƒrƒbƒOƒJƒ￾ƒ‰￾ô

Last edited:

RichardDark

Overtop Pathfinder
Well maybe it is possibel to play as Athena and Red Arremer whit the debug chip options.I have such a chip in my Neo Geo;) well as soon as I have this game at home som dip tests must be done^-^.
Dammed I want thats game today...but still have to wait until it comes to me at home :(
But thats game will be great Iam already sure:drool:

tsukaesugi

BarfHappy said:
•sŽv‹c‚È •sŽv‹c‚È ’r‘Ü￾` “Œ‚ª￾¼•￾‚Å ￾¼“Œ•￾￾` ￾‚￾E‚»‚Ñ‚¦‚é ƒTƒ“ƒVƒƒƒCƒ“ ƒr￾`ƒbƒO ƒrƒbƒOƒrƒbƒO ƒrƒbƒOƒJƒ￾ƒ‰￾ô

￾ôŠÛ‚¢—΂̎RŽè￾ü
‚Ü‚ñ’†’Ê‚é‚Í’†‰›￾ü￾ô
￾V￾h￾¼Œû‰w‚Ì‘O￾ô
ƒJƒ￾ƒ‰‚̓ˆƒhƒoƒVƒJ￾Eƒ￾￾Eƒ‰￾ô

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
￾ôŠÛ‚¢—΂̎RŽè￾ü
‚Ü‚ñ’†’Ê‚é‚Í’†‰›￾ü￾ô
￾V￾h￾¼Œû‰w‚Ì‘O￾ô
ƒJƒ￾ƒ‰‚̓ˆƒhƒoƒVƒJ￾Eƒ￾￾Eƒ‰￾ô

*does not have japanese font installed* :spock:

BarfHappy

NAM-75 Vet
‚_‚Í‚Í‚Í‚Í‚Í￾`￾`￾`￾` (￾Ü￾]￾Ü)V

Kernow: don t worry you are not missing much... japanese thing you wouldn t understand (got to go in a big kamera for that) :P

Liquid Snake

I am untouchable
20 Year Member
I'm waiting for PS2 version so it'll let me save codes to get those secret characters :drool_2: :drool_2:

BAOBOY

New Challenger
I just got my cart today and it kicks ass :D I like it alot and its a must buy...:multi_co: Got go and play some more bye

John
:loco:

Brandon St Randy

I was Daigo before that other one, ,
just got mine minutes ago in the mail. awesome cart. NOTHING like playing it with a stock neo geo stick. and its a jpn copy too, i thought these werent shipping until today!

Last edited:

BarfHappy

NAM-75 Vet
I m waiting for ps2 release too ^^ lucky fellas who get the real stuff before~

Brandon St Randy

I was Daigo before that other one, ,
BUMP! HIDDEN CHARACTERS PLAYABLE FROM THE START.

They are located OFF SCREEN above the main characters, just go above Ryu, Kyo, etc.

Kevin Paul

Overtop Pathfinder
I've been asleep for the last couple of hours, but it's simple just move up from Ryu or Kyo to select the secret characters, even Red Arremer and Athena.

I only got to play two games (once with Ryu and Shin Akuma). The computer on the hardest setting is difficult.

I haven't played my AES in more than a month and was bugging out. It has a bios chip installed, and I've no idea how to use the blasted thing. And the game kept doing a ROM check the first seven times I booted it up. I finally got the game running, but the sound was off. I think there's something wrong with my AV cable too.

Anyhoot, the game has a language option, versus mode and the secret characters, hooray!

Not hooray is the awful collision. I was playing against the computer and was completely missing them whenever I'd do a move.

But overall I"m happy.