kof 2003 finally 3 on 3 ?

BarfHappy

NAM-75 Vet
I was just laughing at the fake pictures of kof2003 and looking at the 1st plane, i was thinking... ahaha 2 small pictures below the current player, that means 3 players team while SNK playmore CEO said that kof2003 will renew the franchise by not using the 3 on 3 fights...
and then... a flash light...
kof 2003 official site shows teams of... 3 characters...
then what ? SNK lied and it will still be 3 on 3 ?

I m confused
^^;
anyone ha an idea at what s happening ?

the not 3 on 3 info at tgs:
http://www.famitsu.com/game/event/2003/09/26/264,1064552766,16531,0,0.html

ƒQ￾[ƒ€ƒVƒXƒeƒ€‚Í￾]—ˆ‚Ì3on3‘Î￾í‚Å‚Í‚È￾E￾V‚½‚ȃVƒXƒeƒ€‚ª￾Ì—p‚³‚ê‚é‚Æ‚¢‚¤‚±‚Æ‚¾
[edit] - ok let me do a better english translation :)
ge-mu shisutemu ha juurai no 3 on 3 taisen deha naku
it won t be the until now-3 on 3 encounters(fights)

arata na shisutemu ga saiyou sareru
a new system is adopted

to iu koto da
can be translated as : has been said, he says, he said that kind of things

but... he has not said sarete shimatta (is definitly adopted)... so...

Last edited:

Syxx573

Azura's Swordsmith
The CEO doesn't know what's going on. It's going to be 3 on 3. Why the hell would there be a Garou TEAM consisting of 3 people if it was every man for himself?

BarfHappy

NAM-75 Vet
Yup that s what i was wondering myself ^^; but a game is not done in 3 months, that s why during the TGS when they said not a 3 on 3 system, i was thinking that would be that....
After all maybe a kof without 3 on 3 (2 on 2 plus a "striker" or i don t know)

Tacitus

Volatile Memory Construct - SN://0467839
Staff member
Ever think of two man teams?

Shito

King of Typists,
20 Year Member
maybe actual tag fighting instead of team fighting?

BarfHappy

NAM-75 Vet
Ho~~ yes that would be cool... we ll be fixed in a month and a half :)
then a fu'un team would be great :P

Shapermc

Mai's Tabloid Photographer
Shito said:
maybe actual tag fighting instead of team fighting?
I would welcome this system with open arms. I think that it would do wonders for other gamers to get into KOF (e.g. MvC gamers and what not).

Un fortunatly I do not think this could be done w/o sac-ing a button. That would be ... oddd

(light punch) (strong punch) (kick) (swap) :spock:

[OCEAN]

Sakura's Bank Manager
Tag battle would be so cool!
Just imagine teams of 2 or 3 fighters and change them whenever, just as the capcom VS series.
Now THAT would be a change in the KOF series.

I hope though that the strikers definetly vanished with kof 2k2...

[OCEAN]

Nesagwa

Beard of Zeus,
20 Year Member
Shapermc said:
I would welcome this system with open arms. I think that it would do wonders for other gamers to get into KOF (e.g. MvC gamers and what not).

Un fortunatly I do not think this could be done w/o sac-ing a button. That would be ... oddd

(light punch) (strong punch) (kick) (swap) :spock:

Or do like Capcom does and use A+B for the first back up and B+C for the second. Or any other combination of two buttons, you know because ONE swap button wouldnt work since there are 3 people. Think about it.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
Unless it's a tag battle where you choose 2 of your 3 characters for each fight. I'm all for new gameplay elements, but I don't want to give up all the 2 button combinations to use them for tagging. I'm not ready to give up my roll etc.

Halox

Belnar Institute Student
For 2 man teams, we could just use the striker button to bring in the next teammate. That wouldn't be to difficult, I mean it would be just like a striker, except after doing a little tag attack the original teammate would exit the screen, and the tagged would stay. As for three man teams, no friggin' idea!

BarfHappy

NAM-75 Vet
If they make it tag, it will be quite a big renewal indeed... that plus the increase in maturity of some other characters (i hope not only terry), and looking at mslug 5 videos i guess it will have a kick-ass music too...
have to wait december... wait wait wait wait... time flies by slowly... ><

If only i could have a brand new iori... i like iori... i loved iori mad by orochi blood... i want iori overpowered with flames going out of his eyes and killing every body out there with his psychic brain explosive powers ngaa ngaa ngaa ngaa :mad:
err...
i love carebears :loco:

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
I get a feeling that the whole "no more 3 on 3" type play was a mistranslation/misinterpretation of what they said at TSG, and that they will be introducing something new, but it won't stray too much from the current format.

GENOCIDE CUTTER '94

Ukyo's Doctor
Or... they might try and do it like Rival Schoolz, with tag/group supers which vary according to the players you select, hhmmm...

FeelGood

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
They could make it 1 on 1 by making you select the character from your team that you wish to represent the team for that round.

Not much different, except that you don't fight every member of the opposition.

And this would allow them to port the game to the crap ass PS2 without players complaining about load times as much.

Fist Of Legend

Kula's Candy
in Arcadia they talk about 3 vs 3 system with a picture of KOF2002, so maybe it'll realy be a 3 vs 3 game ! They also show 6 pics of fighters : akari from Last Blade, Galford, Hayaté from savage reign/Kizuna encounters, Gai from Buriki One, Tsugumi Sendo from Fatal Fury Wild Ambition and Gandara from SS64 !

Robert

20 Year Member
Wait it means that these 6 characters will be in KOF 2003! Whaouh, at least a real king of fighters with characters coming from all over the neo world.

Fist Of Legend

Kula's Candy
that don't necessarily mean they're will be in, tonight i'll do a translation and it'll be more clearer ! ;)

BarfHappy

NAM-75 Vet
I d like to see some change in kof... to give me again the spark in the eyes when i hear "hey let s play kof a bit".

Robert

20 Year Member
Fist Of Legend said:
that don't necessarily mean they're will be in, tonight i'll do a translation and it'll be more clearer ! ;)

Ok I will wait for this. Thanks for the translation.

CraigPilecky

Zero's Tailor
I dont know. I think 3 vs 3 is perfect really. 4 vs 4 would make matches way to long. 2 vs 2 could be interesting also. Perhaps its going to be 2 vs 2, w/one team character being a striker. That would explain why they are still going to have teams of 3.

I dont know, I wish they would just keep it 3 vs 3 and put more effort into re-drawing characters and adding new moves. Yaknow something that would genuinely revamp the game, not just repackage the same thing differently.

As much as I love the KoF series SNK-P does WAY to much re-cycling with it.

Anyway pre-ordered the PS2 ver of KoF2000/2001 last night! Cant wait! :buttrock:

Moriya

Cheng's Errand Boy
I believe it will stay on the old formula. I bet there was a mistranslation problem... but if really were to change, I guess Tag would have its good and bad points... if it were done as in the Neo Geo Pocket SvC I would enjoy it, since it was fun as hell. But if players started to find ways to exploit the system a la KOF2000 strikers, it would be terrible.

OrochiEddie

Kobaïa Is De Hündïn
20 Year Member
It's not really possible to tell what style it's going to be. I would like to see 3V3 again but Change also is good