Playmore / SNKNeoGeoUSA Press Release

chrisr

Known Scammer and One Deluded Individual, NeoGeoFr
20 Year Member
All,

The press release today proving NeoGeoFreaks/NGF-USA had the rights to produce the games we always said we had is up, but is in error. The list provided is a very small SUBSET of the games we had the rights to repackage and sell. I would expect a new update shortly with the ENTIRE list of games.

It really is a great day in the history of the Neo Geo! All of the proud owners of the official SNK Japan authorized NGF corrected AES games can enjoy confirmation from the source about what everyone always knew.... NGF are do'ers and we got things done when the Neo Geo was in the garbage. Thanks again to NGF for keeping the Neo Geo dream alive over the years.

Also, for the legal beagles here, please explain to everyone why the stip permanent injunction we entered into applies to everyone on the planet earth that does not want to break the law!

Thanks again,

and... YES, we are NeoGeoFreaks!

ChrisR

Tacitus

Volatile Memory Construct - SN://0467839
Staff member
This just in...

Dion is a pussy, news at 11.

X

Y,
chrisr said:
All,

The press release today proving NeoGeoFreaks/NGF-USA had the rights to produce the games we always said we had is up, but is in error. The list provided is a very small SUBSET of the games we had the rights to repackage and sell. I would expect a new update shortly with the ENTIRE list of games.

It really is a great day in the history of the Neo Geo! All of the proud owners of the official SNK Japan authorized NGF corrected AES games can enjoy confirmation from the source about what everyone always knew.... NGF are do'ers and we got things done when the Neo Geo was in the garbage. Thanks again to NGF for keeping the Neo Geo dream alive over the years.

Also, for the legal beagles here, please explain to everyone why the stip permanent injunction we entered into applies to everyone on the planet earth that does not want to break the law!

Thanks again,

and... YES, we are NeoGeoFreaks!

ChrisR

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tacitus

Staff member
chrisr said:
All,

ChrisR

http://www.snkneogeousaconsumer.com/consumer/store.shtml

All I ever needed to see is right here.

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
Both ,the fictitious NGF and the imposter SNK deserve each other..seriously.
Both groups have made vague statements that truly amount to absolutey nothing.
How was it OFFICIAL behavior to place ink stamps on the back of inserts,place nasty gooey stickers all over carts and manuals??
Your criminal orginization is just a memory now...
Damn,how pathetic...:rolleyes:
-BB

bluSmurf

Kuroko's Training Dummy
You guys deserve to go to jail. What the fuck are you so happy about? It's not like any of us is gonna buy anything from you after all that shit you did to the carts and the inserts. You are neogeofreaks, huh? How many of you are there? three? Well we are the NEO-GEO.com community.. and we buy our ORIGINAL carts from the US official distributer. I swear if I ever see you motherfuckers I will knock you the fuck out with a sock full of pennies.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Press release (see the Playmore Update thread by Gozu + Mezu) but for those to lazy to look:

"November 6, 2003
SNK PLAYMORE CORPORATION

Neogeo Freaks

The litigation, between SNK, Dion Dakis, d.b.a. NeoGeo Freak, and Chris Ray has been settled pursuant to terms that included Dion Dakis, d.b.a. NeoGeo Freak, and Chris Ray entering into a Stipulated Permanent Injunction, forever prohibiting them from selling any products that infringe SNK's copyrights and trademarks. To view the Stipulated Permanent Injunction, click here.

As a limited exception to the Permanent Injunction, the video games on the list below, and only those video games, were purchased from SNK Corporation Japan, and were sold by Neogeo Freaks/NGF USA with the permission of SNK Corporation Japan. These games were sold by Neogeo Freaks/NGF USA with the corrected English AES inserts with the permission of SNK Corporation Japan.

The List of Authorized Games is as follows:
Breakers Revenge, Captain Tomaday, Diggerman, Flip Shot, Gururin, Money Puzzle Exchanger, Neo Bomberman, Neo Mr. Do, Panic Bomber, Puzzled, The Warlocks of the Fates, Twinkle Star Sprites, World Soccer '96, and Zupapa"

Decepticon

Mizuki's Demon
Lagduf said:
Press release (see the Playmore Update thread by Gozu + Mezu) but for those to lazy to look:

Most of those games were not released on the homecart so there are no inserts to be corrected and one was never released period.

Goddamn SNKP is just as ignorant as NGF nowadays.

*Edit*

And one (To my knowledge) SNK didn't own....wasn't Diggerman a homebrew game?

Dash no Chris

Jaguar Ninja,
chrisr said:
For the moment, let's assume that the list of 14 games named on the 11/6/2003 press release is the ENTIRE list and that no updates to it are forthcoming. Unless I'm mistaken, this would mean that if NGF sells or distributes any of the 180 titles listed in Exhibit A "Playmore Products" (minus the 14 aforementioned games) with photocopied or "corrected" materials [without the prior written consent of Playmore], it would constitute an infringement of Playmore's copyrights and trademarks, and a violation of the Stipulated Permanent Injunction. Given the number of complaints I've seen in these forums regarding NGF games being sold with un-original / reproduced / "corrected" materials, it sounds like this Injunction would be pretty restrictive of NGF's activities. So, how is that a good thing for NGF?

--Chris

Franco Bash

Geese's Thug
I see nothing in the press release that in anyway vindicates you or should be cause for your celebration. It basically looks like you took it with no vaseline and were kicked out with a couple of scraps that they didn't want anyway.

chimpmeister

Former Moderator
Funny thing is that if you read the "Stipulated Permanent Injunction" that is linked in the press release (a PDF file):

http://www.snkplaymore.jp/information/img/playmore.pdf

. . . things don't look so rosy for the freak brothers. I guess Chris didn't want to go into that part . . . :lol:

And as for NGF every producing anything legitimate, one look at the incredibly poor quality of their inserts is enough to know that they are nothing more than jokeworthy homebrew trash, not worthy of being in anyone's collection . . . so, sorry Chris, but you STILL lose! :buttrock:

FeelGood

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
Re: Re: Playmore / SNKNeoGeoUSA Press Release

It says they cannot sell unauthorized games, which leads me to believe that they need to get authorization before selling any neo-geo games.

As well as destroying inserts.

Which is kind of hilarious.

Dash no Chris said:
For the moment, let's assume that the list of 14 games named on the 11/6/2003 press release is the ENTIRE list and that no updates to it are forthcoming. Unless I'm mistaken, this would mean that if NGF sells or distributes any of the 180 titles listed in Exhibit A "Playmore Products" (minus the 14 aforementioned games) with photocopied or "corrected" materials [without the prior written consent of Playmore], it would constitute an infringement of Playmore's copyrights and trademarks, and a violation of the Stipulated Permanent Injunction. Given the number of complaints I've seen in these forums regarding NGF games being sold with un-original / reproduced / "corrected" materials, it sounds like this Injunction would be pretty restrictive of NGF's activities. So, how is that a good thing for NGF?

--Chris

bokmeow

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
I see they are authorized to sell a bunch of conversions like Money Puzzle Idol Exchanger, Homebrew games like Diggerman and Protos like Warlock of the Fate. What's so wonderful about that? There are 180 games that Chris Ray can't sell, which he already unloaded to those who bought them, and if he still has any left those are his only losses.

Tacitus

Staff member
To quote the great Poet Ice Cube in his epic, "No Vaseline"...

"Cuz (NGF's) gettin' fucked out (their) green by an (Asian) boy,
With no vaseline..."

Hahaha...

Where's Dion? Why isn't he on this board screaming this on high? Probably cause it's hard to talk when he's got chris' johnson in his mouth.

FeelGood

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
Dion covers the dhp and Chris R covers ng.com. I don't know why dion bothers with dhp. He practically killed it already.

Kpj

Larfleeze, Wielder of the Orange Light. , formerly
chrisr said:
Thanks again to NGF for keeping the Neo Geo dream alive over the years.

This quote truly cracks me up.....

You have to thank your own company for what? Its funny that NO ONE ELSE besides that faggot living up your ass (Dion) cares about NGF.

Go back to sucking your mama's tit :make_fac:

chimpmeister

Former Moderator
VanillaThunder said:
To quote the great Poet Ice Cube in his epic, "No Vaseline"...

"Cuz (NGF's) gettin' fucked out (their) green by an (Asian) boy,
With no vaseline..."

Hahaha...

Where's Dion? Why isn't he on this board screaming this on high? Probably cause it's hard to talk when he's got chris' johnson in his mouth.

Dion only posts on DHP, where about 6 people see what he writes . . . he's too afraid to post in the forums for fear of being torn to shreds, as so often happens to Chris. :tickled:

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
As a limited exception to the Permanent Injunction, the video games on the list below, and only those video games, were purchased from SNK Corporation Japan, and were sold by Neogeo Freaks/NGF USA with the permission of SNK Corporation Japan.

Doesn't sound like an error to me... ;) But don't worry, we will keep going to this page from time to time to see if it gets updated!

-Nick

tsukaesugi

Holy shit, it's a ninja!,
The List of Authorized Games is as follows:
Breakers Revenge, Captain Tomaday, Diggerman, Flip Shot, Gururin, Money Puzzle Exchanger, Neo Bomberman, Neo Mr. Do, Panic Bomber, Puzzled, The Warlocks of the Fates, Twinkle Star Sprites, World Soccer '96, and Zupapa"

Heh, where's the NGF version of KOF2000?

I thought that was their crown jewel.

Looks like a fake glass bauble to me.

slerch666

updyke,
tsukaesugi said:
Heh, where's the NGF version of KOF2000?

I was thinking the same thing.

So ChrisR, what happened to NGF being the KOF 2000 English US rights holders? Or rather, your "custom" repackaged Japanese carts that you claimed were licensed to be sold through NGF with English "corrected" inserts? I fail to see that on the list... Oh that's because NGF are a bunch of fucking liars with SHADY BUSINESS PRACTICES.

Safe to assume ChrisR won't return to the forums? Maybe we can convince him to take Makismo with him?

So all I have to say now is, shit the fuck up.

Last edited: