Playmore Update

jeff bogard

Yamazaki's Wingman,
20 Year Member
Nothing really new, just the character names are in English, and so is the metal slug page, and the neo geo games section. No new characters announced

gozu+mezu

Morden's Lackey
+here is some interesting from that press release:

"November 6, 2003
SNK PLAYMORE CORPORATION

Neogeo Freaks

The litigation, between SNK, Dion Dakis, d.b.a. NeoGeo Freak, and Chris Ray has been settled pursuant to terms that included Dion Dakis, d.b.a. NeoGeo Freak, and Chris Ray entering into a Stipulated Permanent Injunction, forever prohibiting them from selling any products that infringe SNK's copyrights and trademarks. To view the Stipulated Permanent Injunction, click here.

As a limited exception to the Permanent Injunction, the video games on the list below, and only those video games, were purchased from SNK Corporation Japan, and were sold by Neogeo Freaks/NGF USA with the permission of SNK Corporation Japan. These games were sold by Neogeo Freaks/NGF USA with the corrected English AES inserts with the permission of SNK Corporation Japan.

The List of Authorized Games is as follows:
Breakers Revenge, Captain Tomaday, Diggerman, Flip Shot, Gururin, Money Puzzle Exchanger, Neo Bomberman, Neo Mr. Do, Panic Bomber, Puzzled, The Warlocks of the Fates, Twinkle Star Sprites, World Soccer '96, and Zupapa"

Neogeo freaks will no more sell snk releated games!

+from engrish neogeo page

"SAMURAI SPIRITS ZERO

Will be on sale on December 11, 2003 in Japan, USA, Hong Kong and Taiwan.
¥39,800 (WITHOUT TAX)

YOUR DESTINY? IT’S ALL IN THE BLADE, KNAVE!

Which path will you take? That of Chivalry? Or Treachery?

After seven years, relive the Samurai Shodown experience, back on NEOGEO!
To start with, you’ll find a total of 24 warriors with 4 new characters.
Then you’ll thrill to the new “Sword Gauge” and “Concentration One” game systems!

The Sword Fighting Game “SAMURAI SPIRITS ZERO” Is Coming For YOU!"

i played the game for the 3 last day, better than samurai 4, an awesome game, and another ultimate neogeo game!!! :buttrock:

+they have opened the engrish KOF' 2003 page, just garou team chars, no story.

+and finally they added the engrish Metal Slug 5 system page

see you next week for maybe some KOF' 2003 new chars. :confused:

Amano Jacu

Charles Barkley
gozu+mezu said:
As a limited exception to the Permanent Injunction, the video games on the list below, and only those video games, were purchased from SNK Corporation Japan, and were sold by Neogeo Freaks/NGF USA with the permission of SNK Corporation Japan. These games were sold by Neogeo Freaks/NGF USA with the corrected English AES inserts with the permission of SNK Corporation Japan.

Breakers Revenge, Captain Tomaday, Diggerman, Flip Shot, Gururin, Money Puzzle Exchanger, Neo Bomberman, Neo Mr. Do, Panic Bomber, Puzzled, The Warlocks of the Fates, Twinkle Star Sprites, World Soccer '96, and Zupapa"

:spock:

There's something strange here... Some of these games are supposed to be MVS-only, not to mention a hack and a proto... What's up?

BarfHappy

NAM-75 Vet
o_O, warlock of the fates tte nani ?
the so-told hack ? hack of what ?

Tacitus

Volatile Memory Construct - SN://0467839
Staff member
gozu+mezu said:
+here is some interesting from that press release:

"November 6, 2003
SNK PLAYMORE CORPORATION

Neogeo Freaks

The litigation, between SNK, Dion Dakis, d.b.a. NeoGeo Freak, and Chris Ray has been settled pursuant to terms that included Dion Dakis, d.b.a. NeoGeo Freak, and Chris Ray entering into a Stipulated Permanent Injunction, forever prohibiting them from selling any products that infringe SNK's copyrights and trademarks. To view the Stipulated Permanent Injunction, click here.

Hmm... 8 Shit games and very few good ones.

Who cares?

They have the rights to sell those POS to the 3 people who still buy games from them.

I'm sure that will be propped up in front of the world to see, but mysteriously, the other 100+ SNK games that they WEREN'T allowed to sell art for will be passed over quietly.

Funny.

I just don't understand why you would buy rights to games like Puzzled, WS '96 and the other crap games. What do you stand to make off of it? It certainly won't make you money unless you're an idiot and they wave WOTF in front of you. (Which is pretty shitty anyways.)

Makismo

Ghost of Captain Kidd
This is interesting. I was expecting something more from Playmore on the NGF issue. Hmmm, it took Playmore about 5 moths to put that information up. I wonder what the whole big deal was about. They forgot to mention Zed Blade, Bang Bead, and some others I think. Also, Warlocks of the Fates is not the only prototype that should have been listed. I don't see a mention of Crossed Swords 2 or GhostLop anywhere. I think that there should be a revision to the list of games. That's all I have to say for now.

bluSmurf

Kuroko's Training Dummy
Man this is kinda disappointing. I was expecting so much more harm to the freaks. Honestly, I think they bought the rights to those few crappy games just as a cover up. Maybe to make SNK shut up about them fucking up our games with their stupid stickers and stamps. I still can't believe I bought a US Motw just to find a fucken stamp on the back of the insert. Still can't find a new one :mad:

Robert

20 Year Member
At least:

Dash no Chris

Jaguar Ninja,
Makismo said:
Hmmm, it took Playmore about 5 moths to put that information up.
No, it didn't. Try reading the .pdf document of the Stipulated Permanent Injunction. The settlement conference may have been held on 6/18/03, but it wasn't signed off by Chris & Dion until 9/29/03, by SNK Playmore's attorney until 9/30/03, and by the Judge until 10/14/03. That's where the delay came from. SNK Playmore isn't going to post in June a .pdf of a document the Judge didn't sign until October.

--Chris

Amano Jacu

Charles Barkley
BarfHappy said:
o_O, warlock of the fates tte nani ?
the so-told hack ? hack of what ?

I was referring to Diggerman as a hack, is not an official game, it is homebrew. Actually they used the code from another game and made the new game from it.