Where to buy wiring and colored buttons ??

vwlunatic

Crossed Swords Squire
I am thinking about changing the buttons and wires too on my MVS cabinet, because it seems that the buttons are worn out and the wires look like they are all messed up.
Can i get a plug and play kit or do i have to do all the wiring?
I am never done such a thing so how do i attach the wires to the switches?
Also, where to get all the hardware? for cheap ;)

Thanks

Medaka

King of the Salsa Sharks, ,
I bought everything except the wire fromhttp://www.happcontrols.com when I did this.

I just wen't to radioshack for the multi colored wire.

You have to buy the quick disconnects to connect them up (buttons will say what size connector to use...like .187 or .110), and a crimper and wire stripper if you don't have one....unless you want to use your teeth or something :p

You can probably order one premade from several people on this board... briggs from hardmvs.com does stuff like this.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Do an ebay search for "neo geo buttons" there are always a few sellers selling complete joystick and button sets for the neo... Has the right colors and everything.

As far as the wires go, bring a microswich into an hardware store and have them find a terminal to go over it... Don't waste your money on the fully insulated ones, you don't need them. If you don't have a crimper, you will need one.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
I don't solder to the switches because i am always moving stuff around.

vwlunatic

Crossed Swords Squire
OK got it
One more question

And what kind of wire to use?
and where to find? hardware store?

Thanks

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
If the buttons are already wired, then you realy don't have to change the wires, Just change the button.s

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member
vwlunatic said:
OK got it
One more question

And what kind of wire to use?
and where to find? hardware store?

Thanks

If you're still using the original wiring, that shouldn't be a problem. If there's some that you feel need to be changed out or replace, you can get it over at Radio Shack or any electronics part store. Happ Controls also carries the proper wiring as well.