Stinger Report = SVC gets Capcom Competition!

editor

n00b
The Stinger Report followed the ‘Capcom Fighters All Star’ collapse in April, but was promised by a Capcom source that there WAS another AM Street Fighter property in the works.

To be honest with only ‘Pride’ and the Banpresto GunDam release on the books, we had written off the possibility of a third release from a company stupid enough to cancel a Street Fighter release on the 15th Anniversary of the best known fighter brand.

Well we were wrong, or more likely Capcom management have received a rocket fro the board and have been forced to do a Street Fighter game.

The latest Stinger Report is now running the information from a source that ‘Hyper Street Fighter 2’ will be released on the System 246 architecture for January 2004 (with testing under way in Tokyo). This will be a full arcade version of the PS2 version currently on the shelves.

This is a major back down by Capcom and has been confirmed by players at the Capcom test facility. Unless Capcom get cold feet again and pull the project, it means there will be a new arcade Street Fighter game before the end of the year on test.

Regarding a US release, Capcom has closed all distribution links in AM, but SEGA released their last ‘Street Fighter’ title, but as a System 246 release this game could be a Namco opportunity.

All the best,

Kusanagi-sama'

Ninja Combat Warrior
Well...this is just typical CAPCOM foolishness.Why bother re-releasing an 8-9 year old game in the arcade?

Heaven forbid those fools at CAPCOM release a NEW...yes a NEW 2-D Street Fighter game.

This is all part of the reason why I switched sides to SNK.Apart from generally having better fighters and so forth, they actually do listen to the public at least a little.(Constant new games of late etc..)

CAPCOM just continues to ignore public demand and whilst I'm not about to boycott this latest supposed arcade release (At least they are making an ARCADE game again.) It doesn't mean I have to support it.

The sad thing is, is that CAPCOM can actually make superb 2-d fighters (SF2,SfZero 2,3rd Strike) but they choose not to.

I am STIRRED!:very_ang: :blow_top: :mad:

Tacitus

Volatile Memory Construct - SN://0467839
Staff member
Ever go to a dive bar? You know, the ones where 40 & 50-somethings still hang out becuase in the 70's it was cool? They do country line dancing and the macarena every night and still feel hip?

Look down at the end of the bar there on any given night. There's a woman there in the same red-dress she's been wearing for 20 years.. she's got three JD Double shots in front of her and two packs of marlboro reds. Her voice sounds like she's been smoking razor blades.

Just about every guy in the bar has ridden her hard at least once. She seems to think she's "still got it", little does she know, she's over-the-hill, her tits went south about 1994 and she's basically a "sure-thing" when those guys have got nothing left to do that night than to go back to "old trusty".

She didn't know when enough was enough, and frankly her flaws that were there 20 years ago, are only worse now. She used to be hot, you can see it... but frankly it's sad to see this whore in the shape she's in now.. even worse to see that she didn't understand when enough was enough.

That's SF2.

SNKJorge

Collection Gallery Keeper, CD Price Guide Analyst,
VanillaThunder said:
Ever go to a dive bar? You know, the ones where 40 & 50-somethings still hang out becuase in the 70's it was cool? They do country line dancing and the macarena every night and still feel hip?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

bokmeow

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
VanillaThunder said:

Look down at the end of the bar there on any given night. There's a woman there in the same red-dress she's been wearing for 20 years.. she's got three JD Double shots in front of her and two packs of marlboro reds. Her voice sounds like she's been smoking razor blades.

Just about every guy in the bar has ridden her hard at least once. She seems to think she's "still got it", little does she know, she's over-the-hill, her tits went south about 1994 and she's basically a "sure-thing" when those guys have got nothing left to do that night than to go back to "old trusty".

She didn't know when enough was enough, and frankly her flaws that were there 20 years ago, are only worse now. She used to be hot, you can see it... but frankly it's sad to see this whore in the shape she's in now.. even worse to see that she didn't understand when enough was enough.

That's SF2.

Wow, my hats off to you for delivering those paragraphs with the flair of an auteur.

OmegaSaber

Beast Buster
You know what? The same people complaining about how SVC looks will probably eat this shit up...like this guy in one of my classes, can't get over SNK's art style, but Capcom's is totally awesome!

Big Shady

Kyukyogenryu Black Belt
15 Year Member
Silly Capcom, why can't do the 15 yr anny of SF justice :oh_no:

yagamikun

Maxima's Barber
20 Year Member
I was play Street Fighter collection to day and the thought occured to me....WHY THE HELL ARE THEY RELEASING ANOTHER SF2 REHASH! I about preorderd the sucker then decided to sick with the godly Saturn ports. I then promptly played AOF2 and KOF2K1.

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
Just another sign that Capcom is going straight down the shitter. Not a single game they've released has been worth anything this entire year (with the exception of Viewtiful Joe), and they're just becoming lazy.

Kid Aphex

samus' love slave,
Fygee said:
Just another sign that Capcom is going straight down the shitter. Not a single game they've released has been worth anything this entire year (with the exception of Viewtiful Joe), and they're just becoming lazy.

Whine whine whine.

Devil May Cry 1 is/was better than the new castlevania---
DMC2 is an amazingly fun arcade style game---
Viewtiful Joe is genius---
PN03 is a shooter fans dream---
Steel Batallion is quite an interesting and fun experiment---
Chaos legions was a really stylistic brawler---

What's the problem?

What current company is devoting more money to new and innovative games that REMAIN old school in terms of playability?

SNK? Get fucking real.
SAMMY? Captains of innovation, these idiots have been milking the same franchise since 1999.

What the hell are you people complaining about? It's not like SF2 is the only game Capcom is releasing year after year after year. you want more 2D perfection? Go play SF:TS...you know, the game MOTW tried to be, but failed? That's the kind of quality no company has yet to surpass...gameplay, graphics, style, music...all wrapped up into one sweet package not more than a few years old.

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
Devil May Cry didn't come out this year, hence I didn't mention it.

Devil May Cry 2 was a crappy game with bland backrounds, enemies, and level design.

PN03 is okay, but not great.

Haven't played Steel Batallion.

Chaos Legion was fun at first but got boring real quick.

And SF3's music sucked. :p

beelzebubble

Knar Sdrawkcab, !t00w
15 Year Member
this news sucks.... no interest in playing this game..

why cant they give us a new fucking sf or at least a sf3:4, sfalpha 4 or cvs3...???

Nesagwa

Beard of Zeus,
20 Year Member
The upside is most of the "mainstream" arcades *cough*NAMCO*cough* will have SSF2 to play again, as apposed to the standard Tekken 4 and Marvel vs Capcom 2 cabinets.

Kid Aphex

samus' love slave,
Fygee said:
Devil May Cry didn't come out this year, hence I didn't mention it.

Devil May Cry 2 was a crappy game with bland backrounds, enemies, and level design.

PN03 is okay, but not great.

Haven't played Steel Batallion.

Chaos Legion was fun at first but got boring real quick.

And SF3's music sucked. :p

A strong, strong case of bad taste. :shame:

Shapermc

Mai's Tabloid Photographer
Kid Aphex said:
A strong, strong case of bad taste. :shame:
Hell, Viewtiful Joe practically makes up for all the bad decisions that Capcom has made for Megaman since X4 and the lack of a New SF, let alone being the best game of the year (IMO). But Fygee had no comments about that game ;)

BoriquaSNK

His Excellency BoriquaSNK,, The Ambassador of Appl
15 Year Member
I think Street Fighter 3 is an absolute classic, it's without a doubt the most fluid fighter I've ever played...and this is coming from a rabid neo owner. I think Capcom is just waiting to spring something on the market, I have faith in them.

Viewtiful Joe is proof that they still know 2-d (sort of) and I have full faith in Capcom to come through with something good. Maybe the ssf2x rerelease is just something to cleanse the pallet (spelling?).

And I think SF3 had some of the best music in the series IMHO.:)

NeoGML

Fighting Artist
Street Fighter 3: 3rd Strike is an amazingly good game, gameplay is absolutely perfect.

Leaning toward what Kid Aphex said, i don't think that any other company has ever put THAT much work into a fighting game.

Granted, it was the third one... showing capcom had to re-do it a couple times, but jesus christ did they do it well.

But... i honestly cannot say that it's my absolute favorite fighting game.

definitely up there, though.

"Capcom is getting lazy..."

fuck you, do you know how hard it is for them to make games like that?

I'm INCREDIBLY SURPRISED that unlike many artists, these guys didn't lose most of their inspiration after their first few quality games.

They've been making games for close to twenty years now, and they are CERTAINLY a more versatile company than SNK, as far as genres go.