KOF' 2003 first screen ? (maybe)

gozu+mezu

Morden's Lackey
look at this, taken from the SVC uploader.

1533_1.jpg
1583_1.jpg
1584_1.jpg
1586_1.jpg

i don't know if it's real of fake.

and in one post titled with KOF' 2003 there is a Gai Tendou art, that this indicate that Gai is in KOF' 2003? Hope so.

1599_1.jpg

The monster boy :buttrock:

Robert

20 Year Member
The guy looks like onizuka (the hero of GTO). As a GTO fan, that an excellent new for me.
Concerning the screen, the definition is too high for the neo, fake at my opinion.

Bishamon

Azu Bla, ,
Robert said:
The guy looks like onizuka (the hero of GTO). As a GTO fan, that an excellent new for me.
Concerning the screen, the definition is too high for the neo, fake at my opinion.

Could be running on Atomiswave. *cross fingers*

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
I don't think the resolution is too high for the Neo.
Seems NeoGeo-ish to me.

BarfHappy

NAM-75 Vet
Well... to me it looks a fake for neo...
back in my neodesign times, i had to draw backgrounds, and i faced the problem that i couldn t use more than 4 colors by 8x8 blocks (because of the way gfx are coded)... thus said, you can t have shades such as the logo seems to have. I may be wrong, the photo is too small for neo res... but at that point i don t see any mark of dithering, and neo can t do without dithering for shades. The characters are PERFECT, no aliasing due to a deformation... Bang fake to me

Last edited:

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Whether it's a fake or not has little importance, this pic is just a screen showing the KoF 2003 logo we've all already seen.
It's not like it was a screen showing unexpected characters or anything like that...

Decepticon

Mizuki's Demon
I just dont get why people go through the trouble of faking images.

Now there is a few exceptions like the guy making SVC screens with whoever you want but that's cause he has skill and lets you know they are fake.

These people need to get over it.

BarfHappy

NAM-75 Vet
I guess reading people say "wow it s so cool" makes them think they are pro-level designers... at least for few hours :)

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
Well, I hope the Gai Tendou part is true. I was hoping for a Buriki One team. Now if we can see Rosa, Kim and Hayate (or maybe Chun) from Kizuna...

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
Just realized that's an old illustration of Gai from the original Buriki One game. >Sigh<

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
SouthtownKid said:
Well, I hope the Gai Tendou part is true. I was hoping for a Buriki One team. Now if we can see Rosa, Kim and Hayate (or maybe Chun) from Kizuna...
Kim Sue Il is a grand grand (...) son of Kim, if what I heard is correct, right ?
I can already hear people bitch about the fact the game doesn't respect time periods, if that happened... :p

gozu+mezu

Morden's Lackey
yes, Fu'un Ken is 100 years in the future of south town, but Snk playmore can edit the timeline like they have done with the Art of fighting one.

Decepticon

Mizuki's Demon
Stifu said:
Kim Sue Il is a grand grand (...) son of Kim, if what I heard is correct, right ?
I can already hear people bitch about the fact the game doesn't respect time periods, if that happened... :p

He was in KOF2002

So far Tizoc is in the game and he as well also was in a background of KOF so maybe there is hope for Kim Sue, as well as Rock and returns by Geese and King.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
gozu+mezu said:
yes, Fu'un Ken is 100 years in the future of south town, but Snk playmore can edit the timeline like they have done with the Art of fighting one.
I know, I just said people would complain... :p

And 100 years is a much bigger difference than about 10 years for AoF...

Decepticon said:
He was in KOF2002
Don't you mean KoF 2000 ? But that was as a striker... So it's different...

Last edited:

Cranky

Dodgeball Yakuza
Stifu said:
I know, I just said people would complain... :p

And 100 years is a much bigger difference than about 10 years for AoF...

Don't you mean KoF 2000 ? But that was as a striker... So it's different...

he's a cameo on one of the stages (with electric poles)

Fluff_Daddy

Galford's Armourer
BarfHappy said:
Well... to me it looks a fake for neo...
back in my neodesign times, i had to draw backgrounds, and i faced the problem that i couldn t use more than 4 colors by 8x8 blocks (because of the way gfx are coded)... thus said, you can t have shades such as the logo seems to have. I may be wrong, the photo is too small for neo res... but at that point i don t see any mark of dithering, and neo can t do without dithering for shades. The characters are PERFECT, no aliasing due to a deformation... Bang fake to me

Can't you go around that issue by using sprites in the logo? Noone would notice the difference...