Having trouble with Dreamcast RGB to Sony LCD

BILLY

Mr. Big's Thug
Right now, I'm running my DC to a Sony PSOne 5" LCD which uses a 15kHz RGB signal.

I've run SNES and of course Playstation games on it no problem, but the DC is givin' me some problems.

Basically, the picture is stable but way, way too dark. Also there is some ghosting but that's relatively minor. Capacitors in the video lines seem to make no difference with or without.

Granted, probably no one here has run the DC through this monitor, but essentially it's the same as running it through an RGB monitor or XRGB. It should work the same as the SNES or PSX. Has anyone had a similar problem with the Dreamcast RGB(15kHZ)?

Maybe the signals need to be amplified?

BILLY

Mr. Big's Thug
Nevermind . . . got the picture looking perfect! Third strike looks pretty sweet on it.

Arakon

Robert Garcia's Butler
on a similar topic.. does anyone know where to get a datasheet or pinout for the Casio CMV54NT04P TFT screen? it's used in the interact gamecube monitor.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Tung Fu Rue said:
Also out of curiosity, do you have a page with info on how to set up the ps1 screen for RGB?

Here is the mod:

sonylcd.jpg

If the picture doesn't show up, go here: http://www.arcadecollecting.com/info/sonylcd.jpg

Thanks to Tim at ArcadeCollecting.com

DanAdamKOF

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
Beat_Receptacle said:
that's awesome, take pictures of 3s on it if you ever get the chance!

Hey man! Long time no see!

The Stargate has SVCC now, one quarter a play :D.

Sorry to go O/T.