King of fighters on a PAL NGH

Atro

Who?,
20 Year Member
You can, but you're going to have some bugs on the sound. about the graphics, I don't really know. wink

ocsmod

Astra Superstar
I own both KOF2001 (JPN version) and a 50 Hz. PAL system.
There is supposed to be a little sound delay because the 50 Hz thing as Atrophyed said, but I must say that I never noticed it in my Home Cart System.
Regarding graphics, there are minor graphics problems during the pre-fight intro printed on the PAL black bars at the top & bottom of the screen, but this problems automatically dissapears as soon as the fight starts.

Hope that helps :)

<small>[ January 18, 2003, 10:51 AM: Message edited by: ocsmod ]</small>

thegreathopper

NAM-75 Vet
20 Year Member
The main problem is you are playing in slow motion on a 50 hz pal machine, cut the pal jumper and play properly........

ocsmod

Astra Superstar
The 50 to 60 Hz. mod in the Home Cart System isn't as easy as the CD version. You have to change a crystal chip or something like that. frown

Pep

Genjuro's Frog
20 Year Member
The 60 Hz mod is the most easy thing in the world, you must just cut a resistor. That's all.

ocsmod

Astra Superstar
Pep:
The 60 Hz mod is the most easy thing in the world, you must just cut a resistor. That's all.
Do you have more info and/or photos about it Pep?
I've always thought that in order to get 60 Hz you had to change the settings of the CXA1145 video decoder chip and replace the video sync crystal with other running at different Mhz... help

neogeomad

n00b
Is there any other games that have problems like KOF2001 on a PAL Neo?? Wish i didn't sell my US Neo Now!!!!!

leGionellz

Pancho Villa is my Direct Ancestor,
pal - ntsc mod is NOT easy, indeed some kind of crystal needs to be added, check neogeousa.com for more details. If you can't do it by yourself, send it over to Jeff, great guy !

MKL

Basara's Blade Keeper
20 Year Member
leGionellz:
pal - ntsc mod is NOT easy, indeed some kind of crystal needs to be added
bwahahah...changing the crystal requires the same skills as changing a resistor or any other 2-pin components...and the crystal itself costs 1 buck or so...

But changing the crystal is not necessary to get 60Hz...

cgun

Fio's Quartermaster
I used to play it before i modded my PAL system adn it worked fine. Sometimes things would show outside the game, in the borders that you get in PAL.

A funny thing thought is that the music in the intro is fucked up. The game runs slower i PAL which makes the music stop before the intro is finished. All soundeffects out of sync.

Tarma

Old Man
20 Year Member
neogeomad:
Is there any other games that have problems like KOF2001 on a PAL Neo?? Wish i didn't sell my US Neo Now!!!!!
Sadly for you, yes. All releases under Playmore will work, but with the side effects outlined above.

In short PAL AES deck's won't like the following games:

KOF 2001
Metal Slug 4
Rage of the Dragons
KOF 2002
New Power Instinct

They're all designed to be NTSC only.