KOF EX:2 Howling Blood USA release.

Cynn

Edo Express Delivery Guy
I just got the press release. Atlus is going to publish KOF:EX2 here in the US. Very good news as the game is awesome!

Allien133

Astra Superstar
Cynn said:
I just got the press release. Atlus is going to publish KOF:EX2 here in the US. Very good news as the game is awesome!
Link?
If this is true, id be one happy little boy! :D

RyoGeo

Global Moderator, Voice of Reason, Member #13
SWEET! 'Bout friggin' time.

Any longer and it would have been "KoF:EX 2 Howling From the Grave."

Cynn

Edo Express Delivery Guy
There's no link since it was a press release. Press releases are e-mailed. (well to those of us IN the press anyway) I'll copy and paste.

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

ATLUS U.S.A., INC. SET TO RELEASE "THE KING OF FIGHTERS EX2: HOWLING BLOOD"

ON THE NINTENDO GAME BOY® ADVANCE IN DECEMBER

THE KING OF ALL FIGHTERS IS BACK!

Irvine, CA, October 30, 2003 - Atlus U.S.A., Inc., a leading publisher of console videogames, announced today its plans to publish the next game in the best-selling "King of Fighters" franchise: "The King of the Fighters EX2: Howling Blood" for the Game Boy® Advance in December.

OVERVIEW:

Are you prepared for the fight of your life? Do you think you're ready to enter the latest KING of FIGHTERS tournament!? If the answer is yes, then "The King of Fighters EX2: Howling Blood" will definitely satisfy your inner warrior! This new portable version features a refined fighting system, 6 modes of play and 3 exclusive characters not in any other King of Fighters game.

FEATURES:
Gain experience with each new match - refine your skills, unlock secrets and master powerful new moves!
21 deadly characters across 7 tough-as-nails teams, including 3 characters exclusive to this version!
Exciting VS mode (single or team) using the Game Boy® Advance Game Link® Cable.
6 modes of explosive play - Classic 3v3 Battle mode, 2-player VS mode, and a GBA-specific Story mode.
Revised and enhanced 'Striker' fighting system allows a comrade to jump in and temporarily fight by your side to turn the tide of battle!

THE KING OF FIGHTERS EX2: HOWLING BLOOD has been rated "T" for Teen by the ESRB. For more information, visit the official Atlus website at www.atlus.com <http://www.atlus.com/> .

© SNK PLAYMORE © 2001, 2002 Marvelous Entertainment Inc. Developed by SUN-TEC Licensed to and Published by ATLUS USA. *THE KING OF FIGHTERS is a registered trademark of SNK PLAYMORE CORPORATION.

###

bokmeow

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
Not bad, I dig Atlus, both start with A but Atlus pwns Activision.

Cynn

Edo Express Delivery Guy
Whoops there is a direct link to the product page.

KOFEX2HB

I have the asian release and it blows my mind how well KOF came over to the GBA. Time for some Sam Sho and ROTD next!

DanAdamKOF

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
OH MY FRICKING GOD!!!!!!!

YESSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!
YYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!

FIRST KOF 2K+2K1 PACK, NOW THIS!! KOF IS GETTING MORE MAINSTREAM EXPOSURE AND IIIIIIIII LIKE IT!!!!!!!

and oh yeah I won't have to import it.

If only it were out before Nov. 18... my birthday. THAT would be cool.

Sorry for the allcaps, but with a name like mine how can I not get excited?

I'm gonna make all my friends with GBAs buy this.

I must have this game.

MUST!!

Snooptalian

Hairdresser, ,
Thanks for the news. I've been considering getting the import. Now I can just wait and get the US version finally.:buttrock:

:buttrock: :buttrock: :buttrock:

'Bout damn time! I've had nothing but a bitch of a time trying to track down the IMPORT version to no avail. I'm gonna' run straight down to my nearest dealer and Pre-Order this sucka'!

MD20XX / Storm Rider

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
Oh yes this is good news indeed!! I knew somebody was going to bring it over to the U.S. and it turns out to be Atlus!! GOOD JOB ATLUS!!

Jim is hot

Cheng's Errand Boy
great news
just today i was thinking why doesnt SNK NEO GEO USA CONSUMER release this game, but it looks like they wont have to :buttrock:

I am still very worried however about the future of KOF/SNK here in America. PS2 is a very mainstream console and I think that if KOF doesn't sell very well (which I dont expect to do real well), we wont be seeing more KOF or SNK USA games :(

Orochi_Flava

Over Top Auto Mechanic
This is great news! A good 2d fighting game to finally play on the cube! or on the go!

johnroche

Pao Pao Cafe Waiter
MegaDrive 20XX said:
:buttrock: :buttrock: :buttrock:

'Bout damn time! I've had nothing but a bitch of a time trying to track down the IMPORT version to no avail. I'm gonna' run straight down to my nearest dealer and Pre-Order this sucka'!

MD20XX / Storm Rider

I actually got what may have been an official "Asian" version from an HK seller on Ebay. The price was good, too, if you don't mind waiting for shipping. Better than Buyrite in every measurable aspect, though.

Syxx573

Azura's Swordsmith
So is this game better then part one or does it still suck?

RevQuixo

Rugal's Panther
20 Year Member
bokmeow said:
Not bad, I dig Atlus, both start with A but Atlus pwns Activision.

You mean Acclaim don't you? They were the ones who originally cancelled the release.

FormlessOne

Chin's Drinking Partner
Syxx573 said:
So is this game better then part one or does it still suck?

You suck. It's always good to hear something like this, I was gunna import but now I don't hafto. I thought the first one was really good for a GBA game, so I can only expect more from this outing.

Syxx573

Azura's Swordsmith
The first game was crap. The graphics were nice and everything, but the game play had nothing.... NOTHING.... on the NGP fighters, which actually played like real fighting games.

Last edited:
Q

qube

Leave it to ATLUS to come through for the US market again! Thank you Atlus, for always thinking about us:)

Q-

toy_brain

Amano's Drinking Buddy
Anyone know if this is also coming to Europe?
I cant remember how much Atlus release in the UK so mabye its still open for another publisher to pick it up for a Euro release. Would be nice if it did come out, but I doubt anyone is fighting over the rights to it, given how minor the release of the first GBA KoF game was.

Mabye someone like Sammy or Titus will pick it up.

Ahh well, its easy enough to import USA GBA games these days.