Ugh...Delays again?

tredezine

n00b
Just went to ng store and they pulled the MVS ver of SVC Chaos. What the hell is going on with SNKP? It's bad enough the AES is taking this long....now we can even get the MVS in hand. I hope someone can tell us all why they're having all these problems over on title. I don't think I can remember anything like this happening before. SNKP......WHAT DA DEAL, YO?:blow_top: :blow_top: :blow_top: ...:help:

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
At least AES games users will be glad to hear that the AES cart will be out before the MVS version... Most likely.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
tredezine said:
Just went to ng store and they pulled the MVS ver of SVC Chaos. What the hell is going on with SNKP? It's bad enough the AES is taking this long....now we can even get the MVS in hand. I hope someone can tell us all why they're having all these problems over on title. I don't think I can remember anything like this happening before. SNKP......WHAT DA DEAL, YO?:blow_top: :blow_top: :blow_top: ...:help:

It's not delayed, I'm pretty sure he just sold through the preorder number that he decided on. S-C Store still has it for the 4th

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
The MVS cartridge release of SVC Chaos has been postponed to the 3rd week of November and preorders have been temporarily discontinued until our actual cost can be determined. Rest assured, all preorders that have been received thus far will be honored without a price increase.

-Nick

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
In otherwords, it seems $174 was way to cheap. S-C.com did the same thing with preorders. So, all that did the pre orders got a good deal on the cart it looks like. As for me... I didn't, slacked off... but, I am sure there will be plenty when it gets released ;) If not... ahh well, my interest has waned on this title anyway.. Bring on SS5 and Dance Rhythm Mix!

-Nick

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
nruva said:

Somehow I read right over that :p

Anyhow S-C still doesn't have anything listed. I wonder if the actual release is pushed back or just the Neo Store one.

Lee Gray

SSVS Special Plz..., Buying & Selling that, Never
nruva said:
In otherwords, it seems $174 was way to cheap. S-C.com did the same thing with preorders. -Nick
Thats what happens when you both try to outdo eachother in petty price war battles by keep under cutting the competition by a couple of dollars and so forth, till someone loses out.
Dont get me wrong its great for the customers though.

Funny thing is, i sold my board and i was going to place an order today and now i cant :(

So many playmore delays, they should change their name to delaymore ;)

Last edited:

kafuin_gaira

Viewpoint Vigilante
i really think this will be my last playmore cart (if it ever arrives :confused: ). i'm sick of the delays and misinformation. i'll certainly still enjoy and play the games that are already out, but i've learned my lesson that it's just not worth it for a small-time collector/gamer like me to chase these new releases around.

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
I think this mess will discourage people from pre-ordering in the future. The MVS carts will be available, and at a lower price than $174 in a month or so, but... it is these loyal fans that opened their wallets and said we are willing to buy now that are getting screwed (and Shawn if he is loosing a lot on sales). Too bad really... Preorders are supposed to psych you up for a release, not make you wonder why you wasted the money.... Still, I am convinced all you that preordered will get the best deal on this game for a few weeks out of the gate!

-Nick

Allien133

Astra Superstar
WTF ?

Playmore is making me so mad. I just want to play my game already.
:(

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
I hope the new price (if there's one indeed) will still be close to $174... Not like $250 or $300. :p

Ilovejapangirls

Mature's Make-up Artist
And in the next days

the STUPID show continues^^

watch SNKP delay the Homecart till the 11 December

*follows catchy tune*

misshotback

Zero's Secretary
Gah!! I was going to preorder, but now I guess I'll just wait it out until the price drops in a month or so.

Shapermc

Mai's Tabloid Photographer
You want to hear someone complain about a game getting pushed back, listen to my wife talk about Harvest Moon (both GBA and GC). God will she just shut up yet? I know you had them pre-ordered since June, there is nothing I can do about it honey... Yes honey I will email Natsume for you... Yes....

Ilovejapangirls

Mature's Make-up Artist
Well she is right

we give money to companies

they should at least shut the fuck up and give us what we paid for

NOT months AFTER

but ON release

rhiohki

Dodgeball Yakuza
My thought is this:

If there is so much delay for the newest release, will that cause a chain reaction thereby delaying SSV, MS5, etc??

Syxx573

Azura's Swordsmith
Maybe they're still trying to decide how many to make.

So they don't wind up with too many, or too little.

Big Shady

Kyukyogenryu Black Belt
15 Year Member
Ooo, well I was pondering the idea of starting an AES count down thread, but we all know how much of distator that was.

TheBigBB

Formerly known as dmhawkmoon
Why do people assume the worst? Sometimes in a business it's not your fault. I deal with people assuming shit all the time at my part time job in produce. Let's say we have a sale on strawberries. People come in expecting to find some strawberries, then. Nothing wrong with that. What happens sometimes, though, is that we don't actually have any! (for any item, this can happen now and then) Not because we didn't order them or they didn't come in, but because they came in moldy, or they all got damaged and smashed on the truck, or maybe our distributor underestimated how many were in the warehouse. But then people will walk off and think our store has some problem and assume we did something wrong. It's not that simple.

Freelancer

Banned
Big Shady said:
Ooo, well I was pondering the idea of starting an AES count down thread, but we all know how much of distator that was.

I resent that! ;)
I started that thread in good fun.
However, it seems that perhaps I set loose some
type of "delay curse" upon posting the countdown thread.
I've learned my lesson...never again!

tsukaesugi

Holy shit, it's a ninja!,
WHOA WHOA WHOA... slow down a second.

I'm hearing stuff like:

'we give money to companies they should at least shut the fuck up and give us what we paid for'

'Playmore is making me so mad. I just want to play my game already'

'I'm sick of the delays and misinformation'

You guys make it sound like SNKP is intentionally jerking you around.

Here are a few points to keep in mind:

-not one of you has paid a red cent to SNKP for SVC. You've made your preorder with businesses that are buying from SNKP and selling to you. You've paid your money to them. One of these places is the Neo Store. Shawn is an incredible seller, with great customer service, so I sincerely doubt he is jerking you around on purpose either. If, however, you'd like to start a thread telling him to 'shut the fuck up and give you what you paid for', by all means be my guest

-Playmore has obviously delayed the release to correct a last minute problem (or problems). Mistakes and setbacks happen to everyone, including big companies like SNKP, and I'd rather they took the time to fix it, then produce something with glitches. If you'd rather have a glitchy game NOW, then there are a couple of bootleg sellers kicking around that would be more than happy to sell you an 'SVC Plus'

Lee Gray

SSVS Special Plz..., Buying & Selling that, Never
tsukaesugi said:
Mistakes and setbacks happen to everyone, including big companies like SNKP

But its happening on a regular basis now and not on just one game either.