s-video problem with my aes

kafuin_gaira

Viewpoint Vigilante
hey guys, maybe you can tell me why my s-video signal gets so degraded going from my aes through an s-vid switch to my tv.

i have several devices running through the switch using s-video (supergun, dvd player, sega saturn) from which i receive beautiful picture quality. s-vid runs from the units into the switch and then another s-vid runs from it to the tv.

however, when i plug my s-vid modded aes into one of the spots, the picture quality is horrible. if i plug the s-vid cable directly into the tv, the picture looks fine. why is this connection the only one that suffers from a loss of quality?

Shaggyneo

n00b
I had the same problem when I hooked mine up to my big-screen T.V. I hooked it up to my little one and it looks great, I hook it up to the big one and it looked washed out or something. I went to radio shack and bought a s-video signal amplifier. It was only 20 bucks and it took care of the problem. I think it has something to do with the power output of the mod isn't strong enough to carry a signal through certain components.