NGF usa whats going on with them?

well hello all fellow neo enthusait here and although i have not posted here ever i am familliar with neo-geo and the ever present bullshiza that seems to run amuck here. Allthough i have not followed the forum threads in the last few months i was wondering what playmore was doing with the whole ngf thing well let me know somthin :D:oh_no:

TheBigBB

Formerly known as dmhawkmoon
It was bought out by a guy from Tampa Florida who expanded the company to include all and any bootlegs. :oh_no:

TheBigBB

Formerly known as dmhawkmoon
dragonwillow said:
That shit's legal?
Capitalism at its finest glory, there.

My post is meant to be taken non-literally, though it's no joke that we have perhaps an even worse bootlegger trolling around the internet now than NGF.

Tarma

Old Man
20 Year Member
dmhawkmoon said:
It was bought out by a guy from Tampa Florida who expanded the company to include all and any bootlegs. :oh_no:

:tickled:

aria

Former Moderator
Playmore sued NGF USA. You don't hear from NGF USA anymore (that's separate from the two individuals that comprise NGF).

NGF's name finally got the nasty taint of "sued by the copyright owner". Consider that in comparison to NG.com, S-C.com or other Neo Geo sites and sellers who have amiable relations. NGF's shenanigans, piracy, and nefarious nature finally caught up with it. Just desserts.

Oh, and a little bird told me they had sanctions placed against them by the Court for not doing something. I haven't really bothered to inquire about exactly what the did (or did not do) since they're an almost historical topic, but it certainly shows that "the person who chooses to represent himself [as the NGF duo were, at first, proudly touting], as a fool for a client." But we already knew they were fools...

I agree with the other posts: the bigger threat is from individual scammers and the dupes who continually fall for them (and don't take precautions to protect themselves in transactions).

neojedi

Member,
20 Year Member
Bobak said:
Oh, and a little bird told me they had sanctions placed against them by the Court for not doing something.
Cool... I bet the US Navy put a trade embargo between their house and the local grocery store. :cool:

chrisr

Known Scammer and One Deluded Individual, NeoGeoFr
20 Year Member
Please disregard Bobak, he is a bitter person that is desperate to keep the dream of every aspiring lawyer - that they are needed for something that can be done by anyone. Becoming a lawyer is about taking peoples money and keep the good old boys club going.

NeoGeoFreaks/NGF-USA is still, and always will be the mighty oak tree that everything NeoGeo has sprouted from in the past 5 years. We are still here, and will be long after this website is a memory. Dion and I have no relationship with Playmore/SNKNeoGeo and never did. We are the old school original contacts for the real SNK, and released a handful of games for SNK, and distributed games for them in repackaged form until we sold out. Over 5000 - yes 5 thousand carts sold over the years. At this point there really isnt anything left to do but sit back and enjoy the show. We are just fans of the Neo Geo.

I enjoy perusing my vast collection of Neo Geo items that are unobtainable by the common fan from time to time, and admiring the original artwork that was saved from forever being lost when SNK went under. It is comforting to know the true treasures of the former SNK are safe with Dion and I.

It has been a very long time since I thought a game worthy of the Neo Geo has been released, but then again, I just have the SNK style in my blood. I dont think we will ever see it again.

BTW - without NGF leading the way with bringing English AES games back from the dead, we would have all seen our last US release in 1999.

Anyway, to make a long story short, bobak is a bitter california kid hoping to cash in on other peoples ignorance of the "lawyer" myth. Please keep his comment in the context of someone who has to swallow the fact someone in his one-day job couldnt get the job done against 2 BigTymers. But facts are facts....

Always........ YES, We are NeoGeoFreaks!

Thanks,

ChrisR

Nesagwa

Beard of Zeus,
20 Year Member
chrisr said:
Please disregard Bobak, he is a bitter person that is desperate to keep the dream of every aspiring lawyer - that they are needed for something that can be done by anyone. Becoming a lawyer is about taking peoples money and keep the good old boys club going.

NeoGeoFreaks/NGF-USA is still, and always will be the mighty oak tree that everything NeoGeo has sprouted from in the past 5 years. We are still here, and will be long after this website is a memory. Dion and I have no relationship with Playmore/SNKNeoGeo and never did. We are the old school original contacts for the real SNK, and released a handful of games for SNK, and distributed games for them in repackaged form until we sold out. Over 5000 - yes 5 thousand carts sold over the years. At this point there really isnt anything left to do but sit back and enjoy the show. We are just fans of the Neo Geo.

I enjoy perusing my vast collection of Neo Geo items that are unobtainable by the common fan from time to time, and admiring the original artwork that was saved from forever being lost when SNK went under. It is comforting to know the true treasures of the former SNK are safe with Dion and I.

It has been a very long time since I thought a game worthy of the Neo Geo has been released, but then again, I just have the SNK style in my blood. I dont think we will ever see it again.

BTW - without NGF leading the way with bringing English AES games back from the dead, we would have all seen our last US release in 1999.

Anyway, to make a long story short, bobak is a bitter california kid hoping to cash in on other peoples ignorance of the "lawyer" myth. Please keep his comment in the context of someone who has to swallow the fact someone in his one-day job couldnt get the job done against 2 BigTymers. But facts are facts....

Always........ YES, We are NeoGeoFreaks!

Thanks,

ChrisR

Thank god you still read this forum. Ive missed you chris, where have you been?

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
Thanks Chris!

for a minute there I almost forgot NGF, Dion, and you created the Neo Geo System and carts.

Thanks for stamping inserts, instructions, and placing stickers on many NG carts.

Do you think you could print up a KOF 2000 and charge me like 5000000 dollars for it?

I know how much you guys care about money . . . I mean the fans.

FeelGood

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
I really wouldn't put it past someone in the scene to set fire to either Dion's or Chris's houses. Just for spite. I mean, these two guys are like hemmoroids that just won't leave.

T_Smallz

Big Bang Pro Wrestler
EvilWasabi said:
I really wouldn't put it past someone in the scene to set fire to either Dion's or Chris's houses. Just for spite. I mean, these two guys are like hemmoroids that just won't leave.

Evil,

That's a harsh thing to even mention as a possibility. Don't wish harm upon any person or their family. We are talking about video games here not human life. Your comment was way over the top.

:shame:

I would like to know though, was NGF at the CGE with any protos?

tsukaesugi

Holy shit, it's a ninja!,
chrisr said:

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!

What, like 'Ganryu'?

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!

Always........ YES, We are NeoGeoFreaks!.

Oh yeah, you guys are Freaks all right.

Take a look at the people on your forums...

1) a manic/depressive chain smoking troll with heavy neurotic tendencies

2) a retard

3) a couple scammers

4) a fake account from 'South Africa'

...and then there's

5) you, a dick

and

6) Dion, Greece's answer to Barbie's boyfriend Ken... on steroids. Not man enough to pack it in after being sued by the very company he tries his best to imitate, yet man enough to give 16 year-olds a headlock. A real man's man if you know what I mean, and something tells me you do... I'm sure you've seen a lot of his manly side during all those late night Neo Geo sleepovers.

Nice community you've built there pal.

A real oak tree indeed... 'cause YOU'RE ALL FUCKING NUTS.

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!

Mike

Bead Banger
T_Smallz said:
Evil,

That's a harsh thing to even mention as a possibility. Don't wish harm upon any person or their family. We are talking about video games here not human life. Your comment was way over the top.

I would like to know though, was NGF at the CGE with any protos?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

"Way over the top"

:lol: :lol:

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
T_Smallz said:
Your comment was way over the top.

172397.jpg

Lastblade

Friend me on Facebook!,
20 Year Member
T_Smallz, thanks for the pic in your sig.

NGF, this is all I have to say:

........................./´¯/)
......................,/¯..//
...................../..../ /
............./´¯/'...'/´¯¯`·¸
........../'/.../..../......./¨¯\
........('(...´(..´......,~/'...')
.........\.................\/..../
..........'\'...\.......... _.·´
............\..............(
..............\.............\

johnroche

Pao Pao Cafe Waiter
Two comments:

1) I have the distinct feeling that GravenIscariot is a troll. I wish I knew how to do ASCII art... where's chimpmeister when you need him? ;)

2) Quite frankly, I can't recall the last time Chris Ray has posted on these here boards. I'm surprised, to say the least.

Q

qube

johnroche said:
2) Quite frankly, I can't recall the last time Chris Ray has posted on these here boards. I'm surprised, to say the least.

Some bullshit post in "neo selling", in the market forums a few months back:emb:

Q-

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
T_Smallz said:
Evil,

I would have to disagree here. It actually reads like EW is trying to extend the olive branch to individuals who are sadistic in nature.
EW should be commended,not condemned.
-BB

FeelGood

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
BIG BEAR said:
I would have to disagree here. It actually reads like EW is trying to extend the olive branch to individuals who are sadistic in nature.
EW should be commended,not condemned.
-BB

Thanks.

I'm not telling people to do it, but the simple fact that I have thought about how cool it would be if someone did, who knows, with the some of the crazier people here, it's quite possible.

When people casually think about inflicting harm or property damage to you, you have to ask yourself, "am I that fucked up that people would think such things?"

Oh, and I have never had these thoughts for anyone else. Don't think it makes you special or it's something to be proud of. It just shows how much ill will you and Dion have achieved.

I mean, I'm not proud to say it, but the day you two die will be a time of celebration for so many of us.

We hate you, Chris. You suck. And it's your fault for letting it get to this point.

T_Smallz

Big Bang Pro Wrestler
I can only hope that you are kidding, to wish upon someones death. Anything done wrong by Chris or Dion would obviously have been disciplined by the legal system.

Not saying you have to love them, but at least have respect for human life. Remember God forgives all, and no one is perfect...

Maybe I'm taking the words too literally here..

Why is it everyone shows interest in Ghostlop, but not other protos chris or dion may have? Any proto is not an official release, so what's the difference?

I would really like to have a pinball game for my MVS system though...