Old Falcoon KOF art

Amix

Benimaru's Hairdresser
I don't know how familiar everyone is with him, so I figured I'd post some of his KOF pics for more people to get a feel for his style:

top825.jpg

top829.jpg

top828.jpg

top836.jpg

top832.jpg

top831.jpg

Not KOF, but a dig this Tam Tam

top985.jpg

His site: http://falcoon.hp.infoseek.co.jp

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
Mostly amazing, but some of the stuff looks too comic-book-like. Its incredible on the whole though. quite inspiring.

Amix

Benimaru's Hairdresser
DevilRedeemed said:
Mostly amazing, but some of the stuff looks too comic-book-like. Its incredible on the whole though. quite inspiring.

I agree. I enjoy his style more when applied to Capcom characters (the JoJo work is excellent), but hey, nice to see him over at SNKP.

SilverAngel

Member,
Im not that fussed on his pics. I dont really like the way he does his faces. Some are very good though :)

Robert

20 Year Member
I just love these artworks! I hope that it will inspire Playmore for the next KOF. I really appreciate the Kyo, ramon and Seth one.

Breakz

n00b
The Ryo pic is really good but the ramon one look nothing like hum. On a side note, who is with Genjuro in the svc cap in your sig.

Out

Dash no Chris

Jaguar Ninja,
Breakz said:
The Ryo pic is really good but the ramon one look nothing like hum. On a side note, who is with Genjuro in the svc cap in your sig.

Out
Strider Hien, from "Strider Hiryu 2."

--Chris

Fist Of Legend

Kula's Candy
maybe he's only working for Arcadia magazine ! He only made a Mai vs Chun-li cover and artworks for KOF2003 that don't mean it's official !

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
Fist Of Legend said:
maybe he's only working for Arcadia magazine ! He only made a Mai vs Chun-li cover and artworks for KOF2003 that don't mean it's official !

He also did box art for AES and PS2 SvC. Seems he's SNK's new go-to guy. I like his work, but I'd like to see more Nona stuff...

yagamikun

Art of Typing Wiz
20 Year Member
Its alot better than most of SNKP's stuff as of late. If he became the new official artist I wouldnt complain one bit! I'm loving it. Its fresh.

TriShield

Host for Orochi
Did he ever have any official capacity at SNK, or does he just draw KOF characters for fun?

His style is pretty good overall, though the feet are kind of big...

Dash no Chris

Jaguar Ninja,
TriShield said:
His style is pretty good overall, though the feet are kind of big...
That's one of the aspects of his style I really like, as it reminds me of CAPCOM illustrator, BENGUS, back around the time of SFZ and Vampire Hunter.

--Chris

rhiohki

Dodgeball Yakuza
Great artwork. Good form and even though it has somewhat exaggerated anatomy it still is quite beautiful to look at.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
Dash no Chris said:
That's one of the aspects of his style I really like, as it reminds me of CAPCOM illustrator, BENGUS, back around the time of SFZ and Vampire Hunter.

--Chris

I'm a big fan of Bengus' also, but in the Capcom Design Works book, illustrations originally attributed to him were divided up under 2 names: CRMK (most of them) and Ikeno. Was Bengus really 2 people all that time?!

beelzebubble

Knar Sdrawkcab, !t00w
15 Year Member
i much prefer nona.. i cant dig the huge feet all falcoons drawings have..

Buro Destruct

Formerly known as, Buro Destruct, , Southtown Stre
Does he have a book out? This stuff is amazing, even if I don't recognize half of it.

FormlessOne

Chin's Drinking Partner
I've seen much of this art before. That has to be the sexiest Leona I've ever seen. You gotta post the Kyo one with that pimp ass tie he has, it looks so much better than any Kyo art I've ever seen. :glee:

dragonwillow

Ghost of Captain Kidd
Man no matter what year it is, KOF will always be stuck in the 90's.

If it weren't for the sprite recycling, they should just let Falcoon go crazy with the character design.

I'm sorry all you hardcore fans, but grandma's clothes aren't cool anymore.

jeff bogard

Yamazaki's Wingman,
20 Year Member
Originally quoted by dragonwillow

Man no matter what year it is, KOF will always be stuck in the 90's.

If it weren't for the sprite recycling, they should just let Falcoon go crazy with the character design.

I'm sorry all you hardcore fans, but grandma's clothes aren't cool anymore.

:spock:

Last edited: