PDA

View Full Version : Last Blade 3 in 2004?

RyoGeo
10-27-2003, 03:52 PM
Wonder if there is any truth to this (http://www.coinopexpress.com/news/75.html).

Someone posted the link @ S-C.com.

It's almost kinda scary, if true, y'know? I mean, the first 2 are so bloody good it's almost like you don't want there to even be a chance of failure by releasing 3.

Anyway, interesting.

OrochiEddie
10-27-2003, 03:53 PM
I doubt it and I really don't want to see another. The game is just so great and doesn't need any upgrades. Last Blade is poetry in fighting

neojedi
10-27-2003, 03:56 PM
It fits with Trieu's rumor of a fighter to be released around that timeframe, and it's the only logical fighter other than MOTW2 that SNKP could get ready in time. Ready being a relative term... the Last Blade games are 2 of the most polished fighters SNK has ever released. I wonder if we can expect that from the next one?

slerch666
10-27-2003, 04:04 PM
If SvC is any indication, SNK-P IS still capable of making an astounding fighter. That leaves me hope that if there is an LB3, it could be truely amazing.

Of course, if they release LB3 and it's a flaming turd, I may hang up my Neo hat and enjoy the games I have (with SvC MVS cart to come!).

the_colonel
10-27-2003, 04:18 PM
I just hope they don't try a rush job on metal slug 5, motw, lastblade 3 or kof 03.

Anything but rushing those 4 games could be a disaster.
Then again, i think svc & ss0 was created just to get those titles out of the way. Not that they are bad, just they where worked on at the same time.

Slug 5 looks impressive, next is kof 03's turn.

K hunter
10-27-2003, 04:20 PM
Originally posted by RyoGeo
Wonder if there is any truth to this (http://www.coinopexpress.com/news/75.html).

Someone posted the link @ S-C.com.

It's almost kinda scary, if true, y'know? I mean, the first 2 are so bloody good it's almost like you don't want there to even be a chance of failure by releasing 3.

Anyway, interesting.

RyoGeo:
i'd wait until we get an official confermation on it. Since SNKP hasnt come out and said it yet, i'd leave it at being a rumor.

rhiohki
10-27-2003, 04:22 PM
I will be actually angry if they release this and they do a horrid job on it. It would just make the series look like trash. What's that saying......."A system is only as good as it's weakest part"...and with the way they are making games, I don't think it may not be up to expectation nor caliber as the previous.

Scalpeur
10-27-2003, 04:26 PM
The last blade games are really great, the game, the background, the stories and almost the musics.
I would really be pleased to see the LAST BLADE 3.
:drool:

tsukaesugi
10-27-2003, 04:31 PM
Originally posted by neojedi
It fits with Trieu's rumor of a fighter to be released around that timeframe...

I thought the rumor was for a new game, not the continuation of a series...

rarehero
10-27-2003, 04:37 PM
i would think a motw2 would be the next logical step games but whatever.
hopefully it would be good.
i still have reservations about ssV

Decepticon
10-27-2003, 04:41 PM
what's this Fighters Fever: R game?

That sounds like something new so it would fir in with Trieu saying a new fighting game as well as the new sequel that SNK makes one a year.

geekabilly
10-27-2003, 05:06 PM
Look a bit closer--->>

SNK Vs Capcom: Chaos - SNKP / JAMMA - Released!!
Metal Slug 5 - Noise Factory / SNKP / JAMMA - Mid-October<"jamma"
Samurai Showdown V - SNKP / JAMMA - Mid-October <-"jamma??"
King of Fighter 2003 (tbd) - SNKP / JAMMA - March '04
Last Blade 3 - SNKP / JAMMA - 2004
Fighters Fever: R - SNKP / JAMMA - 2004<< ???? huh???
DanceRhythmMix - ADK / SNKP / JAMMA - 2004
Pocchitto Nyan - Aiky / Taito / MVS - December
King of Fighter 2004 (tbd) - Sammy / ATOMISWAVE - June '04 <<< no body said anything about this!! this is the real news!!

whats with the word jamma being tossed about?? ss5 is on mvs and pocchitto is the only one listed as mvs when we know other will be on the format..:rolleyes:

ROBOTRON
10-27-2003, 05:07 PM
Originally posted by Scalpeur
The last blade games are really great, the game, the background, the stories and almost the musics.
I would really be pleased to see the LAST BLADE 3.
:drool:

Last Blade 3??!!

*pant, pant....tries to keep from fainting*:make_fac: :buttrock:

OmegaSaber
10-27-2003, 05:13 PM
Originally posted by geekabilly

King of Fighter 2004 (tbd) - Sammy / ATOMISWAVE - June '04 <<< no body said anything about this!! this is the real news!!

That's been talked about for quite awhile now.

geekabilly
10-27-2003, 05:17 PM
No no i knew about them working on this project.. just that a date is up and some signs of this game in the works is all...:smirk:

RabbitTroop
10-27-2003, 05:28 PM
Only one game on that list matters:

Dance Rhythm Mix

Fuck the rest. We don't need a new LB, hell, even Last Blade 2 was unnecessary. KOF03? Oh wow... should be loads of repetitive fun! This new fighter, Fighters Fever, sounds like a remake of Fight Fever ;) Now... I hope that is just a coincidence...

Dance Rhythm Mix ~ I'm all over that one!

-Nick

Fluff_Daddy
10-27-2003, 05:47 PM
I hope Eolith will make it. Damn KoF has gotten a better system since they took over. Now all they need to do is to make sure that LB keeps the good layout and music.

Tarma
10-27-2003, 06:02 PM
I think LB 3 is totally un-necessary imho.

Yes, SNKP has lots of quality IP's to choose from, but the fact of the matter is many series are either exhausted (KoF) or reached their zenith a long time ago (Fatal Fury, Last Blade, Art of Fighting).

In many ways I don't see the need for SS0, SS4 was such a solid game.

They're making a big mistake if they start rehashing every major SNK IP. Some things should be left as they are. Last Blade is one of those things, as is the Fatal Fury series.
SNKP should concentrate their efforts in producing new franchises with new characters or taking key characters from past franchises and placing them in new environments. Quality NOT quantity should be the attitude to the MVS release schedule.

biocat
10-27-2003, 06:12 PM
If it's true, they better do a damn good job on it.

RabbitTroop
10-27-2003, 06:14 PM
Originally posted by biocat
If it's true, they better do a damn good job on it.

But dude... Fight Fever 2!

-Nick

leepantalone
10-27-2003, 06:32 PM
Originally posted by Tarma

Yes, SNKP has lots of quality IP's to choose from, but the fact of the matter is many series are either exhausted (KoF) or reached their zenith a long time ago (Fatal Fury, Last Blade, Art of Fighting).

They're making a big mistake if they start rehashing every major SNK IP. Some things should be left as they are. Last Blade is one of those things, as is the Fatal Fury series.
SNKP should concentrate their efforts in producing new franchises with new characters or taking key characters from past franchises and placing them in new environments. Quality NOT quantity should be the attitude to the MVS release schedule.

Tarma, I agree completely. New is good. Playmore needs the creativity of yesteryear's SNK.

Chicago Cheeseburgler Crew
10-27-2003, 07:38 PM
I'd rather see another Ninja Masters.

ShockXtreatment
10-27-2003, 07:47 PM
Originally posted by Tarma

Yeah man whatever you say. NOT Many people know about MATRIMELEE, and ROTD those are new franchises and does anyone outside of a NEO loyal know about these games ?ppppppppppffffffffffttttttttt!

This old stuff is MAKING THEM MONEY!!
KOF MAKES THEM MOST OF THEIR PROFIT!!
SVC made them more cash
SS5 is something i saw at an arcade getting alot of playtime!
At 50cents a game.

They want cash they could give a flying fuck about what we want they care about what will sell!!!!

SNKP:buttrock:

PS. Don't complain 2 years later if you never see the fatal fury Samurai Showdown and KOF cast anymore.!!!:shame:

Dean
10-27-2003, 08:20 PM
I'm still holding out for a Baseball Stars 3 or Neo Turf Masters 2. Damn I love those series.....

Baseley09
10-27-2003, 08:34 PM
Sorry havnt read the thread, but i think it should be left alone.

Give us something new.

The thing is, LB is like a crowning SNK game....SNK > SNKP, everyone who knows anythiung knows it.

Orpheus
10-27-2003, 09:04 PM
expect both last blade 3 and MOTW 2 in 2004.
old code exists for both games. it was the same way with sam sho 5. those were probably the three biggest unfinished games (god only knows if there are more than those 3) that the "old" SNK left behind.

Loopz
10-27-2003, 09:14 PM
Playmore does NOT have the chops to make Last Blade 3.
End of story.
SvC is more than proof of this. They can't draw or use more than 4 colors simultaneously or even beta-test a game long enough to get all the fucking collision bugs out...they best not even try something like MOTW2 or LB3. It's....it's just a joke.

All hail Sammy....watch the Sammy-created KoF on Atomiswave blow the fucking doors off the last three KoFs and put the final nail in the coffin of AES/MVS. Time to grow up folks.

roker
10-27-2003, 09:44 PM
Leave LB alone

Please do not water down the series.

It is great the way it is.

Do not make it suck.

Please read this Playmore.

If they are truly making an LB3, lets hope they get some of the original creators involved.

If not, then please leave it alone.

yashiroTCM
10-27-2003, 11:22 PM
LB3.... YUMMI :drool_2:

Orpheus
10-28-2003, 12:09 AM
:spock:

O.K.....one more time: the titles I mentioned above are from EXISTING code left behind from the old SNK days. this means that there is far less for the new SNK to screw up. that is not to say that they can could not succede in fucking up what is left to be completed.
however loopz, you have a good point and your prediction may just be the way things will go. I guess time will tell.

OmegaSaber
10-28-2003, 12:21 AM
If it comes out and sucks then so what? There's still LB 1 & 2 to play, if 3 stinks it doesn't mean we can't still enjoy the others.

Kid Aphex
10-28-2003, 12:43 AM
Originally posted by OmegaSaber
If it comes out and sucks then so what? There's still LB 1 & 2 to play, if 3 stinks it doesn't mean we can't still enjoy the others.

Exactly.

"time to grow up"?
Loopz, cmon man. What the fuck does that even mean?

People on this forum need to stop taking such a HARD-EDGED approach to everything.

biocat
10-28-2003, 01:09 AM
Originally posted by nruva
But dude... Fight Fever 2!

-Nick

hehhe. They can brutalize Fight Fever all they want, just leave Last Blade alone. :P
Of course, if they DO make a 3rd part and it's killer, I'm all for it, but somehow I don't see it happening.

KOF_FANATIK
10-28-2003, 01:10 AM
Originally posted by Kid Aphex
Exactly.

"time to grow up"?

People on this forum need to stop taking such a HARD-EDGED approach to everything.

WORD........."LET'S KEEP IT OLD SCHOOL" :buttrock:

leGionellz
10-28-2003, 01:13 AM
I agree, leave Last Blade alone, let it rest in peace.

Loopz
10-28-2003, 01:27 AM
Exactly.

"time to grow up"?

Here's my deal Ray. Allow me to explain...

When SNK created the Neo hardware, was it created as the last bastion of 2D for the world to worship? No. It was state of the fucking art man, and it blew the doors off everything else and allowed them to truly create something special. In the end, their failure to jump to new hardware and continue evolving is what put them out of business. As we have seen from Capcom, you can still make incredible, groundbreaking action games that are rich with the spirit of yesteryear, yet still manage to innovate and break new ground (Viewtiful Joe). Konami did it with Contra:SS, and is doing it again with Gradius V. Why can't SNKP embrace new technology and just go for it? I sure as hell hope they aren't holding themselves hostage to the likes of the home collector asexual monks who populate this place. If they're going to try to pull off something different, the technology needs to evolve with the company. That's what 'grow up' means. Sorry if I offended anyone.

Seriously man, sometimes all the moaning and wailing over 'Keep it on the 16-bit Neo!' sentiment on this site reminds me of the freakish, balding troglodytes who pack the CGE every year and wank themselves over new homebrew 2600 carts.

I guess everyone here just wants Slug 6 and KOF2010.

kafuin_gaira
10-28-2003, 01:31 AM
sam5 may be the last "new" neo game i pick up. i like it and chaos, but i'm not sure i'd trust them to make motw2 or lb3. it hurts to say it, but it's true :(

Ilovejapangirls
10-28-2003, 02:46 AM
eheheh

i bet this list is bullshit(apart kof 2003,ms5,svc and ss0)

anyway in a ooold thread where there was a question

"what old franchise is noise factory going to revive this time?"

and i said Fight Fever II^__^...lol...

LWK
10-28-2003, 03:00 AM
Wow, my post scripted to another thread entirely. This is a edit involving this. Oh well, shit happens.:)

Tarma
10-28-2003, 03:59 AM
Originally posted by Loopz
Playmore does NOT have the chops to make Last Blade 3.
End of story.
SvC is more than proof of this. They can't draw or use more than 4 colors simultaneously or even beta-test a game long enough to get all the fucking collision bugs out...they best not even try something like MOTW2 or LB3. It's....it's just a joke.

All hail Sammy....watch the Sammy-created KoF on Atomiswave blow the fucking doors off the last three KoFs and put the final nail in the coffin of AES/MVS. Time to grow up folks.

Amen to that bro :buttrock:

Having old SNK code means nothing. For LB3 SNK could have got as far as the title screen and options table, so there would still be plenty to fuck up.... rehashed sprites... ripped back grounds... oh dear :(

blipper
10-28-2003, 02:45 PM
LOL loopz :). i agree i think they should upgrade in hardware.

Its the way the world works. if you dont keep up with the competition theyll be left in the dust.

suicidekiller
10-29-2003, 12:59 AM
Originally posted by Loopz

I guess everyone here just wants Slug 6 and KOF2010.

WTF r u talkin' ??? I want new games, not just rehash shit of old stuff.

roker
11-03-2003, 03:27 AM
As much as I'd hate to say (and I'm going to say it anyway), I think this should be left as an Atomiswave game.

I know one of the original members of the LB1 team (and a couple more from what I "heard") is on the GGX team, so maybe SNKp could hire some talented artist and let Sammy oversee a real sequel to this.

I have yet to be blown away by anything from SNKp

I expect a cut and paste LB2 with new backgrounds, and some characters that don't look like they belong in the series.

This is a tough one, if they pull it off, I'll be thoroughly impressed and then I'll quote myself, then take the piss on myself.

-Ray

Fygee
11-03-2003, 03:33 AM
Since a good chunk of the Last Blade dev team went to ARC Systemworks, I think the game would turn out much better if SNKP collaborated on the game with Sammy on the Atomiswave.

jeff bogard
11-03-2003, 03:49 AM
Although, yeah I do agree that the LB and Garou series run a great risk to loose a lot of fans if their sequels are released. I don't agree on the fact that in order for the Playmore to succeed is to go to the Atomiswave and hand the KoF license to Sammy.

Yes, the Neo Geo was groundbreaking back in the day, and today it's the complete opposite, but if SNK's plan was to keep be innovative since the beginning and be up to date on the latest technology, series like kof, and lb, and metal slug would go under major changes in every sequel. Since they are are not, I believe that SNK launched the Neo Geo as the best system back in the days because their series were so popular back in the days, that they knew that if they made it easy for people to collect their systems then they would make some $$$. Time has prove that their approach is wrong, because they have been bankrupt already.

Today, they are trying to sell out as much as they want to and be loyal to their fans at the same time. So, in order to do this they have to do some changes to their games, but not enought to keep their fans satisfied.

The BEAST3
11-03-2003, 11:11 AM
It would be great to see more new characters! The last 2 games are classics! Hopefully there will be a 3rd! Can't wait!!:drool_2: :drool_2:

Evil Wasabi
11-03-2003, 11:39 AM
Hmm... Well, KoF 2001 and 2002 are not all that great (Actually I don't think they're bad at all, just really not original... Been there, done that...), though the fact they exist didn't "ruin" older KoFs like 96 and 98, for instance...

So, even if Last Blade 3 is really shit...
It won't make Last Blade 2 less good or less fun...
It may just make the serie look not as good overall, but anyway, I don't think it would even be shit.
Sure, some people wouldn't like it, because a game never pleases everyone... But I think it'd be decent.

I trust SNKP and think they already thought about it... If they didn't think they'd have what it takes to make a good sequel, they wouldn't do it.
How can you tell a game won't be good before anything is released about it ? (it's not even 100% sure it WILL exist)

When (and if) it gets released, some of you may say "See, I told you it would be shit", but for now it's too early to tell...
It's not because some of SNKP last games disappointed some people that it will obviously suck...
I'd give it a chance.

Moriya
11-03-2003, 07:07 PM
Originally posted by Inazuma
So, even if Last Blade 3 is really shit...
It won't make Last Blade 2 less good or less fun...
It may just make the serie look not as good overall, but anyway, I don't think it would even be shit.
Sure, some people wouldn't like it, because a game never pleases everyone... But I think it'd be decent.

I trust SNKP and think they already thought about it... If they didn't think they'd have what it takes to make a good sequel, they wouldn't do it.
How can you tell a game won't be good before anything is released about it ? (it's not even 100% sure it WILL exist)

When (and if) it gets released, some of you may say "See, I told you it would be shit", but for now it's too early to tell...
It's not because some of SNKP last games disappointed some people that it will obviously suck...
I'd give it a chance.

Amen to that. Last Blade is my favorite fighting game, but I have faith that SNKP can make a worthy sequel. If they don't, however, it won't be the end of the world: I'll just keep playing LB and LB2, and rest assured that those are still the same amazing games I used to love.

Gorka
11-04-2003, 01:09 PM
Originally posted by nruva
Only one game on that list matters:

Dance Rhythm Mix

Fuck the rest. We don't need a new LB, hell, even Last Blade 2 was unnecessary.

OOOH!!! You just made it to my shitlist. :angry: This is the one game ive been anxiously anticipating for the last three years and the first homecart (hopefully there will be a homecart?) i will buy instantly upon release.

I cant wait to see if Mukuro have turned into something even nastier. Mukuro IS Shikyo, right? I wouldnt even care if its a 95 % rehash, just give me new music and backgrounds and im all set. :drool_2: