Last Blade 3 in 2004?

RyoGeo

Global Moderator, Voice of Reason, Member #13
Wonder if there is any truth to this.

Someone posted the link @ S-C.com.

It's almost kinda scary, if true, y'know? I mean, the first 2 are so bloody good it's almost like you don't want there to even be a chance of failure by releasing 3.

Anyway, interesting.

OrochiEddie

Kobaïa Is De Hündïn
20 Year Member
I doubt it and I really don't want to see another. The game is just so great and doesn't need any upgrades. Last Blade is poetry in fighting

neojedi

Member,
20 Year Member
It fits with Trieu's rumor of a fighter to be released around that timeframe, and it's the only logical fighter other than MOTW2 that SNKP could get ready in time. Ready being a relative term... the Last Blade games are 2 of the most polished fighters SNK has ever released. I wonder if we can expect that from the next one?

slerch666

updyke,
If SvC is any indication, SNK-P IS still capable of making an astounding fighter. That leaves me hope that if there is an LB3, it could be truely amazing.

Of course, if they release LB3 and it's a flaming turd, I may hang up my Neo hat and enjoy the games I have (with SvC MVS cart to come!).

the_colonel

Fio's Quartermaster
I just hope they don't try a rush job on metal slug 5, motw, lastblade 3 or kof 03.

Anything but rushing those 4 games could be a disaster.
Then again, i think svc & ss0 was created just to get those titles out of the way. Not that they are bad, just they where worked on at the same time.

Slug 5 looks impressive, next is kof 03's turn.

K hunter

Kula's Candy
RyoGeo said:
Wonder if there is any truth to this.

Someone posted the link @ S-C.com.

It's almost kinda scary, if true, y'know? I mean, the first 2 are so bloody good it's almost like you don't want there to even be a chance of failure by releasing 3.

Anyway, interesting.

RyoGeo:
i'd wait until we get an official confermation on it. Since SNKP hasnt come out and said it yet, i'd leave it at being a rumor.

rhiohki

Dodgeball Yakuza
I will be actually angry if they release this and they do a horrid job on it. It would just make the series look like trash. What's that saying......."A system is only as good as it's weakest part"...and with the way they are making games, I don't think it may not be up to expectation nor caliber as the previous.

Scalpeur

Genam's Azami Sharpener
The last blade games are really great, the game, the background, the stories and almost the musics.
I would really be pleased to see the LAST BLADE 3.
:drool:

tsukaesugi

Holy shit, it's a ninja!,
neojedi said:
It fits with Trieu's rumor of a fighter to be released around that timeframe...

I thought the rumor was for a new game, not the continuation of a series...

rarehero

Rotterdam Nation Resident,
20 Year Member
i would think a motw2 would be the next logical step games but whatever.
hopefully it would be good.
i still have reservations about ssV

Decepticon

Mizuki's Demon
what's this Fighters Fever: R game?

That sounds like something new so it would fir in with Trieu saying a new fighting game as well as the new sequel that SNK makes one a year.

geekabilly

Mickey's Coach
Look a bit closer--->>

SNK Vs Capcom: Chaos - SNKP / JAMMA - Released!!
Metal Slug 5 - Noise Factory / SNKP / JAMMA - Mid-October<"jamma"
Samurai Showdown V - SNKP / JAMMA - Mid-October <-"jamma??"
King of Fighter 2003 (tbd) - SNKP / JAMMA - March '04
Last Blade 3 - SNKP / JAMMA - 2004
Fighters Fever: R - SNKP / JAMMA - 2004<< ???? huh???
DanceRhythmMix - ADK / SNKP / JAMMA - 2004
Pocchitto Nyan - Aiky / Taito / MVS - December
King of Fighter 2004 (tbd) - Sammy / ATOMISWAVE - June '04 <<< no body said anything about this!! this is the real news!!

whats with the word jamma being tossed about?? ss5 is on mvs and pocchitto is the only one listed as mvs when we know other will be on the format..:rolleyes:

ROBOTRON

Marked Wolf
Scalpeur said:
The last blade games are really great, the game, the background, the stories and almost the musics.
I would really be pleased to see the LAST BLADE 3.
:drool:

Last Blade 3??!!

*pant, pant....tries to keep from fainting*:make_fac: :buttrock:

OmegaSaber

Beast Buster
geekabilly said:

King of Fighter 2004 (tbd) - Sammy / ATOMISWAVE - June '04 <<< no body said anything about this!! this is the real news!!

That's been talked about for quite awhile now.

geekabilly

Mickey's Coach
No no i knew about them working on this project.. just that a date is up and some signs of this game in the works is all...:smirk:

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
Only one game on that list matters:

Dance Rhythm Mix

Fuck the rest. We don't need a new LB, hell, even Last Blade 2 was unnecessary. KOF03? Oh wow... should be loads of repetitive fun! This new fighter, Fighters Fever, sounds like a remake of Fight Fever ;) Now... I hope that is just a coincidence...

Dance Rhythm Mix ~ I'm all over that one!

-Nick

Fluff_Daddy

Galford's Armourer
I hope Eolith will make it. Damn KoF has gotten a better system since they took over. Now all they need to do is to make sure that LB keeps the good layout and music.

Tarma

Old Man
20 Year Member
I think LB 3 is totally un-necessary imho.

Yes, SNKP has lots of quality IP's to choose from, but the fact of the matter is many series are either exhausted (KoF) or reached their zenith a long time ago (Fatal Fury, Last Blade, Art of Fighting).

In many ways I don't see the need for SS0, SS4 was such a solid game.

They're making a big mistake if they start rehashing every major SNK IP. Some things should be left as they are. Last Blade is one of those things, as is the Fatal Fury series.
SNKP should concentrate their efforts in producing new franchises with new characters or taking key characters from past franchises and placing them in new environments. Quality NOT quantity should be the attitude to the MVS release schedule.

leepantalone

Pm'ing Rot. Always a Risk.,
Tarma said:

Yes, SNKP has lots of quality IP's to choose from, but the fact of the matter is many series are either exhausted (KoF) or reached their zenith a long time ago (Fatal Fury, Last Blade, Art of Fighting).

They're making a big mistake if they start rehashing every major SNK IP. Some things should be left as they are. Last Blade is one of those things, as is the Fatal Fury series.
SNKP should concentrate their efforts in producing new franchises with new characters or taking key characters from past franchises and placing them in new environments. Quality NOT quantity should be the attitude to the MVS release schedule.

Tarma, I agree completely. New is good. Playmore needs the creativity of yesteryear's SNK.

ShockXtreatment

Kuroko's Training Dummy
??? wtf

Tarma said:

Yeah man whatever you say. NOT Many people know about MATRIMELEE, and ROTD those are new franchises and does anyone outside of a NEO loyal know about these games ?ppppppppppffffffffffttttttttt!

This old stuff is MAKING THEM MONEY!!
KOF MAKES THEM MOST OF THEIR PROFIT!!
SVC made them more cash
SS5 is something i saw at an arcade getting alot of playtime!
At 50cents a game.

They want cash they could give a flying fuck about what we want they care about what will sell!!!!

SNKP:buttrock:

PS. Don't complain 2 years later if you never see the fatal fury Samurai Showdown and KOF cast anymore.!!!:shame:

Last edited:

Dean

Choi's Clawmaker
I'm still holding out for a Baseball Stars 3 or Neo Turf Masters 2. Damn I love those series.....

Baseley09

Hair Group,
Sorry havnt read the thread, but i think it should be left alone.

Give us something new.

The thing is, LB is like a crowning SNK game....SNK > SNKP, everyone who knows anythiung knows it.