Fayetteville biweekly tourney Nov.8.2003

GEORGE

New Challenger
Fayetteville Mindboggle Biweekly tourney
Mindboggle Fayetteville will begin hosting biweekly tournaments. First biweekly will be (November, 8, 2003 at 12:00pm). tournament games will be:

1. SF3 3rd strike
2. CVS 2
3. SVC Chaos

Rules:

“Capcom vs. SNK 2”

• $5.00 Per entry. (no double entries)
• There shall be no reentries.
• Prizes will be awarded as follows for each division:
o Money goes into a pot and will be divided as follows.
o 1st place—70% of the money amount
o 2nd Place—30% of the money amount
o 3rd Place—Pat on the back and 8 free credits coupon for mindboggle
• Each match will be between 2 players and will be best 2 out of 3. double elimination. Semi-Finals will be 3 out of 5. Finals will be 4 out of 7.
o All matches must be completed.
o No secret characters will be selected.
o You are defaulted if you arrive 10 minutes late for your match. Your name will be announced several times. If the event that you are in the middle of another match a decision will then be placed.(most likely is that we will wait for you to finish)
o Winners will keep same team, ratio, and grove in the exact same order.
o NO CASUAL PLAY DURING TOURNAMENT. If caught playing you will be immediately disqualified.
o During tournament, games will not be on free play and will cost $.25 per match.
o No last minute changes at customer discretions

“Street Fighter 3 3rd Strike”

• Each match will be between 2 players and will be best 2 out of 3. double elimination. Semi-Finals will be 3 out of 5. Finals will be 4 out of 7.
o You are defaulted if you arrive 10 minutes late for your match. Your name will be announced several times. If the event that you are in the middle of another match a decision will then be placed.(most likely is that we will wait for you to finish)
o Winners will keep same character.
o NO CASUAL PLAY DURING TOURNAMENT. If caught playing you will be immediately disqualified.
o During tournament, games will not be on free play and will cost $.25 per match.

Snk vs. Capcom Chaos

o Winners will keep same character.

Last edited:

Shinji

Gai's Trainer
I'll probably start playing once I get my SvC kit and good use to it. Could we get like a fan games? Where someone brings the game + mobo and people play that (if we get like say 8 people). We pay five dollars (besides the person who brings the game)

kafuin_gaira

Viewpoint Vigilante
been there already, shinji :D. i brought sam5 this past weekend and jorge was nice enough to pump it full of credits.

GEORGE

New Challenger
Changes on tournament prizes

1st place--- 70%

2nd place--- 30%

3rd place--- Pat on the back and 8 free credits coupon for mindboggle.

if this sounds fair let me know.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
I didn't even know there was a place in NC that had SVC chaos, much less a place that does tournaments...

Do you have an address for this place, so that I can get mapquest directions? I live in Burlington.

And are these tourneys going to be these three games every other weekend? I can't go this saturday, but I'd love to go in two weeks, and then every other two weeks.

Shinji

Gai's Trainer
GohanX said:
I didn't even know there was a place in NC that had SVC chaos, much less a place that does tournaments...

Do you have an address for this place, so that I can get mapquest directions? I live in Burlington.

And are these tourneys going to be these three games every other weekend? I can't go this saturday, but I'd love to go in two weeks, and then every other two weeks.

We also have an arcade in charlotte that doesn't majors.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
I found out where it is, so nevermind about the directions :D

I knew about the one in Charlotte, but it's a lot quicker to get to Fayetteville from here.

It's too bad I have to work this saturday :crying:

cdurant

Quiz Detective
well I want make it this weekend because I will be moving but the tournement after the 8th I will be there for sure.

I look forward to meeting kafuin_gaira and the rest of the NC gang.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
I stopped by that arcade today, nice place. It was good to finally be able to play some SvC Chaos, although it took a bit of getting used to it (meanwhile, I was getting my ass kicked while I tried to do a dragon punch)

But hey, you win some, you lose some. Definately gonna have to get this on MVS.

GEORGE

New Challenger
We had 13 people participate in 3rd Strike and 23 people for chaos and this is just a mini tourney. Everything went perfect.

Top 5

CHAOS

1. Jorge Rivera
2. Brian Martin
3. Kevin Michael
4. James Dostie
5.Steven Byrd

3rd STRIKE

1. Kevin Michael
2. James Brenner
3. Daniel liverman
4. James Dostie
5. Michael Ku

thatdemoguy

Guerilla Warrior,
Yah I was there this past weekend it was GREAT to actually meet some people who have the same love for SNK that I do. Me and my boys Dark_ Crescent(Jason Williams the one with "THE HAIR" lol), MagnusZero(Rodney Winstead) and locustcheese(Daniel Liverman) appreciated the hospitality and good gaming environment those FayetteNAM cats showed (except for when Jorge was putting it on us with characters all across the SVC roster...fucking Hugo grrrrr). Best believe the next bi-weekly tourny with 2D involved we will prolly be there. Some of you other NC players should roll thru b/c it would be nice to finally put some faces to the names I see up here all the time.

You gotta bring the SSV kafuin_gaira.

Hope to play you all sometime soon.