opinion about neo-geo and atomiswave

alsa

n00b
this is my first time writing this forum .

i was first knew about Neo-Geo back in 1991 when i playing first NG game called NAM 1975.and since than there almost every release that ive play until kof 2002.SNK is a great company eventhough suffers economy problem during end of 1990's and early millenium. and Playmore takes back the essence of SNK in the past and wins back the arcade market in 2003 with its SVC Chaos .NG is a great system and it has his own followers worldwide.KOF series became one of the best fighting games series in the world along with other series make by various company such as Capcom,Sammy,Namco and many more.
Atomiswave is good arcade system that similar to Capcom CP system but Atomiswave is rather like PC arcade to me.Dreamcast arcade board like Naomi and Naomi 2 are powered by PC graphic
chip and making the game is not so difficult to

Atomiswave might be right choice to SNKPlaymore if they want to stop producing NG games soon

best of luck SNKP

PS .Pros & Cons can be posted here .
sorry for broken English
:D

tsukaesugi

Holy shit, it's a ninja!,
Congratulations on your first post.

Don't worry about your English, it's pretty good.

It's also nice to see that the Neo Geo is popular not only in Japan, the Americas, and Europe, but in other Asian countries like Malaysia as well.

Just so you know, this particular forum, 'News and Rumors' is for actual news items about the Neo. If you have an opinion or question that you'd like to post, try putting it in the 'General Discussion' forum.

So what are Malaysian arcades like?

alsa

n00b
arcade in Malaysia

like Japan but only in big shooping complex like in Kuala Lumpur and other major towns in Malaysia.Illegal arcades are ban since 2000 and only it allow in that place.

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
weezer0302 said:
You would like arcades here. Have you ever been the th US?

Arcades suck here.

Well, at least in Michigan.

Its a far cry from what it was in the 80's and early 90's.

alsa

n00b
nah never go to US cause its immigration rules are sucks.Better go to JAPAN.Good place there and arcade were to busy there.

Nomax

Kula's Candy
alsa said:

Atomiswave is good arcade system that similar to Capcom CP system but Atomiswave is rather like PC arcade to me.Dreamcast arcade board like Naomi and Naomi 2 are powered by PC graphic
chip and making the game is not so difficult to

Hi Alsa, and welcome on board! :)

Sorry but I don't think Atomiswave can be compared to a PC. It uses a Power VR graphic chip which can be also found on some PC graphics cards but that's all. PC uses Intel architecture for the main processor with i86 instructions while Atomiswave has an SH-4 and uses a totally different instruction set. It's true that a WinCE SDK exists for Dreamcast but it was never used to make arcade games (because it gives less performances than Sega's SDK. Remember Puzzle Bobble 4 slowing down on DC? Well, it was a WinCE game. :crying: ) So I don't think the Atomiswave having a Power VR chip makes it easier to develop for. But I think it uses OpenGL API and THAT is useful for the graphic part of the code.

Otherwise, I also think SNKP making their future games on the Atomiswave would be a right choice. (And AW's SDK is not like the 68000 assembler they were using for the Neo, so they'll have to relearn from scratch. Well not from scratch since they already made some games for the Dreamcast. I can see this from here, SNKP using their DC's KOF2002 engine for Atomiswave's KOF2003 ;)