installing debug bios in hom system PROBS, HELP

Metal Fatigue

Robert Garcia's Butler
so the number 2 pin you are supposed to clip isnt exactly easy to get to with some plyers or wire cutters, in the process of attempting to snip it I pulled the top part of the pin out of the chip ( I am of course referring to the original chip soldered to the mobo). So now im temporarily screwed, anyhting I can do to fix this or can I use teh debug bios and still get my system to work again :(

thanks for any help

Talen

Leona's Therapis,
I never understood the attraction to the piggy back method. Desolder the old bios and solder the debug in. Or put a socket in and just plug the new one in.

Arakon

Robert Garcia's Butler
what makes you think he could've desoldered the original chip without damaging the board (which is damn difficult for someone without experience and the right tools), if he couldn't snip the pin?

anyways.. it's fixable, if you are lucky, since that line is usually simply connected to GND.. try carefully cutting back the plastic where the pin was to find a piece of metal to solder to again, then attach a wire to that metal (don't go too far into the chip, of course).

preferably send it to someone who can fix it for you instead, tho.