Neo Geo Usa Snk Playmore Svc Official News

T_Smallz

Big Bang Pro Wrestler
Folks, Here is an e-mail I just received from Mike at MD games. HE is an official authorized dealer of Neo Geo USA and here is the response he has to all of the $174 pre orders going on at SC.com and NG.com:

Tom,

I know you are on those neo geo forums. I looked yesterday and I saw all the talk of svs capcm mvs kits. Just so you can set the record straight to the members if you want to post this. The cassette is not being released in the USA until the 3rd week of November. Also the factory has not set a price yet so they cannot understand how suppliers are setting prices if they are offering USA factory kits. This is from the top dog from snkneogeo usa as of today friday October 24th..

Mike

WTF??? I was ready to preorder, but I may weather the storm a little while. This all seems too fishy...

OmegaSaber

Beast Buster
Well, aren't NG.com and SC.com authorized dealers too? I've also dealt with Mike a few times and he's a great seller, but I'm gonna have to go with the other two retailers on this one. I could see a delay happening, but not an increase in price. If there were one I'd expect to see TONS of withdrawn pre-orders. This is interesting news to say the least though. Hopefully Shawn can come in here and clear up any confusion.

Last edited:

Decepticon

Mizuki's Demon
Sorry but I believe Mike might be a little bitter and trying to stop a few sells going through so he can get a piece of the pie.

I see a delay coming unfortunately but I doubt the price will be high at all.

I will e-mail TRIEU about this and see what he says on the matter.

SeaWolf69

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
I'd say it's bullshit until proven otherwise.

I agree, I think the price is fair and they will sell lots. I thinking of picking up a copy even though I already have the JAMMA PCB version. Although, I'm more interested in SSV & MS5 right know :buttrock: . Who know though, we'll see what happens soon. I can afford to wait :) .

Talen

Leona's Therapis,
Frankly it sounds like mike is being bitter. Shawn and Vinh are also very reliable and official resellers, if the two of them tell me something, historical evidence says I should believe them. Ah well, at least Mike stopped trolling these boards as "Chrissy" or whatever the account's name is.

slerch666

updyke,
I also agree that Mike is bitter. He is also likely angry at the fact that he got 1 upped and won't be able to get his carts at THOSE prices because he can't afford to buy enough from the distributor to land prices like that.

MD is a decent seller, though with his "I can't match member Trieu's prices" post (anyone remember that?), then posting an email someone suppodely sent him to show the "prices" Trieu was supposedly claiming to be selling at, I lost a lot of respect for him. I mean, the prices this ass clown was claiming, at the time, was a good $200 lower than the going price for KOF 2K1 or was it 2K2? He HAD to have known the prices were changed, if he even received the email in the first place. Trying to tarnish another sellers name the way he did, is not a good business practice. It was an even bigger fuck because Trieu used to buy some of his carts (before he started selling) from MD.

Personally I feel Mike is a little arrogant as well, but that's just how he comes off to me.

To Mike-

Whatever price Trieu and Shawn offer the carts at, are the prices they will be SOLD at. I've never seen Shawn RAISE his prices once he's started a pre-sell and I doubt this will be the first time, or that it will ever happen.

leepantalone

Pm'ing Rot. Always a Risk.,
Mike has always been a very good seller with me.

I hope everyone (Mike, Shawn and Trieu) can make a buck with this title.

T_Smallz

Big Bang Pro Wrestler
SVC ?

I think Mike is simply trying to say that the Games release is the 3rd week of November and not November 3rd, only bringing the price down further or even possibly being more expensive. I do think it is very nice of Shawn to continue to price match for folks even if the price continues to fall before it's release. However I do have a good question...

SHAWN

My question is, If I preorder a SVC kit from you now, at say the price of $174 and the price continues to fall and then Mike is correct about the release date, and then say the pricing is actually say $279 are you going to force everyone to pay more or will you simply take the loss and sell at the promised lowest pricing offered?

Thank you,

Tom

T_Smallz

Big Bang Pro Wrestler
SVC Order

Well I'm confident Shawn will do the right thing for his customers, so I've just placed my pre-order...

:glee:

jefmcc

Armored Scrum Object
Mike is a good guy. I've bought many MVS and STV carts from him. Even a few JAMMA boards.

However, that email has an odd tone to it.

Innocent until proven guilty, I say. :)

Shawn

snkusa.com
Mike just doesn't see the logic in our prices, because there just isn't any. :loco: You see, he's right about the cost not being set for distributors yet. I was only given a price spread of what to expect and it can very well be above the NeoStore’s selling price.

Luckily, I’m accustomed to selling below cost on a large scale because I deal with overstock from new home cart releases. Hopefully cost will be below our selling prices, but that’s not the customer’s concern. No worry, even if cost is above the NeoStore’s selling price, the $174 per piece price will be honored (including the discounted prices for multiple piece purchases).

About the release date, 3rd week of November was not mentioned to me, but I wouldn’t be surprised to see another SVC cart release postponement.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Damn... Delaying games releases seems like such a natural thing to do. :p

T_Smallz

Big Bang Pro Wrestler
Shawn said:
Mike just doesn't see the logic in our prices, because there just isn't any. :loco: You see, he's right about the cost not being set for distributors yet. I was only given a price spread of what to expect and it can very well be above the NeoStore’s selling price.

Luckily, I’m accustomed to selling below cost on a large scale because I deal with overstock from new home cart releases. Hopefully cost will be below our selling prices, but that’s not the customer’s concern. No worry, even if cost is above the NeoStore’s selling price, the $174 per piece price will be honored (including the discounted prices for multiple piece purchases).

About the release date, 3rd week of November was not mentioned to me, but I wouldn’t be surprised to see another SVC cart release postponement.

Glad I didn't hesitate on this one, got the nice price on this one!

:D :glee: :D :glee: :D

T_Smallz

Big Bang Pro Wrestler
$174

the roof... The Roof... THE ROOF IS ON FIRE!!!

Who else locked in their pre-order at the Neo store for a mere $174?

Robert, It looks as if we made the right decision to preorder early...

I can hardly wait to get mine!

Thanks Shawn! :)

Decepticon

Mizuki's Demon
OmegaSaber said:
I was #2 over at S-C, and glad I got mine in too.

Can't really brag when you stuck at #2 :D

Either way only a handfull of us got them for that low of a price...too bad I didn't order a few more.

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
Decepticon said:
Can't really brag when you stuck at #2 :D

Either way only a handfull of us got them for that low of a price...too bad I didn't order a few more.

hehehe... yeah, try and get some more at that price... Then in a month you can sell me one for $74 ;)

-Nick

Decepticon

Mizuki's Demon
nruva said:
hehehe... yeah, try and get some more at that price... Then in a month you can sell me one for $74 ;)

-Nick

I'm starting to think that the costs of the game is going to be higher than expected and a small run.

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
Decepticon said:
I'm starting to think that the costs of the game is going to be higher than expected and a small run.

All speculation... maybe you are right, maybe you aren't. In the end, I promise you, no matter what... it is only a matter of time before it is cheap. Look at SDB... honestly, who ever thought you would be able to buy new full kits for around $60 of what some thought was one of the rarest games on the system.

MVS=Not a good investment for your money ;)

But As I said in the other thread, I think you guys will deffinetly get the best price for the first 2-4 weeks of sale. Fantastic deal... but that is not the lowest it will go ever ;)

-Nick

T_Smallz

Big Bang Pro Wrestler
nruva said:
All speculation... maybe you are right, maybe you aren't. In the end, I promise you, no matter what... it is only a matter of time before it is cheap. Look at SDB... honestly, who ever thought you would be able to buy new full kits for around $60 of what some thought was one of the rarest games on the system.

MVS=Not a good investment for your money ;)

But As I said in the other thread, I think you guys will deffinetly get the best price for the first 2-4 weeks of sale. Fantastic deal... but that is not the lowest it will go ever ;)

-Nick

Nick,

Your comparing the Monetary Vestment Services with the Multi Video System....

No video game is ever an investment; banks are for investing and games are for fun and collecting...

OmegaSaber

Beast Buster
I really don't care if it drops in a month, I'll still have it a month sooner so I'm not worried about a drop. After selling my jamma board I'm having withdrawls from the game, I need it back!