Is SvC AES stale?

Mike

Bead Banger
Don't get me wrong.. I am highly anticipating playing SvC on my AES next month but....

Does it seem stale to you already, considering the delay?

I'm hoping that this feeling will pass once the game arrives.

kafuin_gaira

Viewpoint Vigilante
got the dvd to keep the interest level up. also, ss5 should keep me busy for a while :buttrock:

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
Mike said:
Don't get me wrong.. I am highly anticipating playing SvC on my AES next month but....

Does it seem stale to you already, considering the delay?

I'm hoping that this feeling will pass once the game arrives.

I mentioned about a month ago while I'm appreciative of this game finally becoming a reality,the combination of the extensive coverage, content of the final product and the double delay has made me nautious at this point.
SNKP really dropped the ball here and has really JAMMED their distributors placing them in a bad situation.
SNKP has dropped the ball here with the content of SVCC imo.
I personally was expecting this game to be the quality equivalent of a modern day SamSho 2 production,meaning that it would be destined for' classic status' and SNK would finally rise from the pack as #1 in the opinions of all 2D fighter fans.
SNK set such a standard of making every component of a production important and I'm not seeing this from SNKP or 3rd parties.
Sure,the releases are much welcomed BUT it's important to retain the good qualities of SNK and correct or improve on the problems of the past.
The saving grace for me now is the release of this title in MVS cartridge format for various good reasons and they would be cost,aesthetics and slot compatibility.
-BB

Last edited:

leepantalone

Pm'ing Rot. Always a Risk.,
It is kind of too bad... there has been mucho coverage, tons of videos, screenshots, and I have played it in the arcade for some time now.

I am still looking forward to owning a copy and getting into its finer points.

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
still haven't played it, I'm guessing I never will now.

fantat

NEST Puppet
20 Year Member
Yeah, I was so pumped for this game, but the delay has killed my enthusiasm. Hopefully around Nov 10th I'll get the feeling back. Speaking of Nov 10th, has anyone heard how the Veterans holiday will effect the shipping of this game in the states?

To keep the enthusiasm for SVC for the sake of it is not logical.

To buy SVC items before the release for the same reason is not logical either.

The only thing that warrants a true and authentic enthusiasm for SVC is a love for the game. If you do not love it, the enthusiasm will die. Let it die.

If you love the game, the delay should not kill the enthusiasm.

I never loved the game so...

Things that killed the enthusiasm for me:
The delay, the MVS release being so much cheaper, and the realistic expectations that the sequel may be released in a year or so.

So I suppose really, is there anything unique about SVC to warrant enthusiasm other than loving the game?

NO,.

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
OMG it SOOooo needs a sequel

(so that SNKP can re-use some sprites again, and defer development of another fighter)

Magnaflux

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
What with the mvs being a good $125 cheaper than homecart i think the correct choice is clear (that is if the rumors of an mvs release is true).

Average Joe

Be water, my friend.
20 Year Member
You know, I almost forgot all about SvC...

I still want to play it and I'm eager for my cart to arrive, but there's a ton of other games taking up my time at the moment so I don't really care all that much.

meh

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Magnaflux said:
What with the mvs being a good $125 cheaper than homecart i think the correct choice is clear (that is if the rumors of an mvs release is true).
Both the s-c store and the neo store are taking preorders for it, I don't think you can call it a "rumor" anymore.

Kid Aphex

samus' love slave,
Man, that delay really kicked SvC's ass.
Tell you what though, slags...

I really love SvC.

I know it catches a lot of flak for its lame backgrounds and subpar music...but if you ask me, it's grand. I love the minimalistic backgrounds, and the cheesey music. I love the "dark" feel of the game...the character choice...the bosses...the secret bosses...man I just love it.

And even though my anticipation for the game has been slightly subdued by this KILLER wait for the fucking AES cart, I'm hoping that when I get it, I'll fall in love with it again.

I've purposely stayed away from my arcade with SvC just to try to build up some more of that good old anticipation...hasn't worked much...Plus, after falling in love with the SSho series lately, I've got to say I'm really excited about SSV.

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
Now that the MVS cart is on the way... I am a little excited. I mean, it's an OK game, and, I hope it won't get shelved to quickly... but... feh... I still haven't decided what to do. Preorder and get a new kit or wait for the used ones to pop up for <$50

-Nick

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
nruva said:
Now that the MVS cart is on the way... I am a little excited. I mean, it's an OK game, and, I hope it won't get shelved to quickly... but... feh... I still haven't decided what to do. Preorder and get a new kit or wait for the used ones to pop up for <$50

-Nick
I don't see the SVCC KIT dropping too low in price like ROTD.
I believe that this MVS cartridge run is limited and since this the the KIT and not a bare cart,the lowest I can see this game selling for and staying at for quite awhile is 139.99-149.99 as the complete MVS cartridge KIT that is..in north America .
Now the Jamma board??? That's another story..
-BB

Syxx573

Azura's Swordsmith
There's more to why SvC sucks then the music and backgrounds. The character selection, while there are some great characters brough back for this game, is not that great. The priorities are messed up as well.

Robert

20 Year Member
I won't play SvC until january cause I ordered it in France and I live in the USA now so it's not a problem for me ;)

Force

Zantetsu's Blade Sharpener
20 Year Member
Meh. I've seen enough mediocre to bad reviews on this game to curb my enthusiasm anyways. My home cart is paid for. WHen it shows up, it shows up I guess...

Matt

Shawn

snkusa.com
Concerning the falling price of the MVS version of SVC Chaos, this should have little if any effect on the home cartridge. Notice how new RotD MVS kits are now $35 at full retail, yet the home cart easily sells for its original $325 or higher price.

As usual, the bootlegs have killed the pricing for the MVS market, but MVS boots never seem to affect the home market, because it’s a totally different market. Same principle for emulation, every release is inevitably emulated, but the AES still goes strong.