SSV mvs $398

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Link ? Quote ?
(Where ? What ? Who ? Why ? When ? o_o;;)

Sounds good anyway.

Decepticon

Mizuki's Demon
Now just need to give it a few more weeks until MS5 comes out and the price will be well under $250

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Talen: Didn't realize that was an address, just read it as "excellent" and skipped the "com"... (guess I'm now reading this way because of some people's spelling...)

Anyway, been there, and I get that:
"Oh no! No one is home! But you can find cool stuff here..." + links

o_O

Metal Fatigue

Robert Garcia's Butler
the name of the business is Excellentcom, so sorry the spelling was correct, I guess the post was more for people on that mailing list and just to inform of a price drop. calm.

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
NeoFight said:
the name of the business is Excellentcom, so sorry the spelling was correct, I guess the post was more for people on that mailing list and just to inform of a price drop. calm.

Wait... don't get all huffy at him, I had never heard of it either... mailing list? Que? Is that like common around here to be on the EXCELLENTCOM.NET mailing list?

Here's a good first post for this topic:

Hi assmonkeys. Excellentcom has SSV for $398!

muahaha

Check it holmes: http://www.excellentcom.net

Shawn

snkusa.com
Can anyone actually see an advertised price for SSV MVS kits for $398 from this seller? Reason I ask is because that price is below my cost.

Perhaps NeoFight is confusing SSV with SVC which is advertised at $298?

Dean

Choi's Clawmaker
I just looked and can't even find SSV on that site.

Metal Fatigue

Robert Garcia's Butler
Shawn,

it was in a email I received I am sure others on the list received this message as well. I am guessing these offers are presented to the people on the mailing list first. And I am positive as the email also listed SVC for the 298 seperately.

Metal Fatigue

Robert Garcia's Butler
taken from my email:

Subject: SNK promotion

SNK Latest Fighting Cartridge (brand new) ~~ Samurai Shodown V
USD398

SNK Latest Fighting PCB (brand new) ~~
SNK VS CAPCOM SVC CHAOS
USD238

First Come First Serve !! Limited Quantity !!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Excellent Com Limited
Room 4 & 5, 22/F. Hip Kwan Commercial Building
38 Pitt Street, Yaumatei, Kowloon, Hong Kong
Tel : 852-23883666
Fax : 852-23880860
New Email : ECL@excellentcom.net
We accept "VISA" and "MASTER"

Shawn

snkusa.com
A retailer is already selling below my cost and I haven’t even received my shipment yet. lol
Apparently Yuki does not have any price control for Samurai Shodown V, I suppose that's expected when a release is not handled by the more experienced SNK Playmore. But hey, looks to be good for the buyers, but very bad for those sellers hoping to "break even".

c.t.h

Maxima's Barber
You got yours from apple, right?

And if a different company is handling the distro in asia, I'm assuming Sun Amusement/snk neo geo whatever they renamed that division, they probably have different price points.

Too bad for the neostore tho...

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
Shawn said:
A retailer is already selling below my cost and I haven’t even received my shipment yet. lol
Apparently Yuki does not have any price control for Samurai Shodown V, I suppose that's expected when a release is not handled by the more experienced SNK Playmore. But hey, looks to be good for the buyers, but very bad for those sellers hoping to "break even".

One question though:

How does it play? Especially Ukyo. Did they change him in any bad way? My fave was SS3, so im kinda wary of him.

chimpmeister

Former Moderator
No offense but I've never heard of "excellentcom" and I wouldn't trust them at all. Cosmicco I trust (having dealt with them many times in the past), but not this place. The version they are selling is probably either the JPN one, or a bootleg. Either way, anyone can take their chances with them, but if they get burned, it should be a lesson learned.

Shawn

snkusa.com
You got yours from apple, right?

Yes.

And if a different company is handling the distro in asia, I'm assuming Sun Amusement/snk neo geo whatever they renamed that division, they probably have different price points.

That’s just it. Sun Amusement, SNK NEOGEO Hong Kong, and the rest of SNK Playmore’s branches are not involved with distribution of SSV MVS.

One question though:

How does it play? Especially Ukyo. Did they change him in any bad way? My fave was SS3, so im kinda wary of him.

I haven’t even received my shipment yet (can’t play until I have the game).

Decepticon

Mizuki's Demon
It sucks that you are getting shafted like that Shawn, any word on what the hold up with your order is?

c.t.h

Maxima's Barber
Shawn: But this is a asian company, and I didn't even know Apple did asian sells. I figured they just had exclusive US distribution rights - I thought this was how it was on the other games they did a few years ago - but then again, why am I arguing with you, you have the inside story :tickled: .

Anyway, I've heard nothing but good things about Excellentcom.

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
I heard they were Excellent... com... Really though, Apple is dropping the ball here. The kits are losing value daily and this delay is costing you money. I'd bring it up with them if I were you, I think a partial refund is in order. Especially since the kit is being sold under cost elsewhere...

-Nick