Found: How to authenticly replace MM light-up panels...

TrackZ

n00b
Doing some research led me to Lumin Technology . I called them, and while they don't actually sell direct, then sent me to www.beingseen.com .

Lumin makes a thin flexiable EL material that Being Seen sells. I called them to ask for info. The guy knew about SNK. These are actually the light panels used in the SNK cabinets. The EL material comes in big sheets that can be cut to proper size and then they are soldered up to the controller card.

Here are the instructions.

As far as cost goes, they are:

6" x 17" or 8" x 12" sheets- $108.38
12" x 17" sheet - $172.13
18" x 24" sheet - $362.00

Not exactly cheap. SNK cut their panels to ~4" x ~5" in size so you could replace all 4 non-working panels in a 4 slot machine with a single 6" x 17" sheet.

chris1

POCKETBIKE NUT,
TrackZ said:
Doing some research led me to Lumin Technology . I called them, and while they don't actually sell direct, then sent me to www.beingseen.com .

Lumin makes a thin flexiable EL material that Being Seen sells. I called them to ask for info. The guy knew about SNK. These are actually the light panels used in the SNK cabinets. The EL material comes in big sheets that can be cut to proper size and then they are soldered up to the controller card.

Here are the instructions.

As far as cost goes, they are:

6" x 17" or 8" x 12" sheets- $108.38
12" x 17" sheet - $172.13
18" x 24" sheet - $362.00

Not exactly cheap. SNK cut their panels to ~4" x ~5" in size so you could replace all 4 non-working panels in a 4 slot machine with a single 6" x 17" sheet.

Sweeet.....Great info to save..