No mini-marquee for Samurai Shodown 5

Rick

Crazed Addict,
Boo hoo. I got my kit this morning hoping that there would be a mini-marquee, but.....

nope:spock:

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
I wonder if that's the case with all SS5 kits, or if you got "had" somehow...

Anyway, go enjoy the game nonetheless... :D

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
S-C.com doesn't show one

l_ssvkit.jpg

Did you get a large marquee?

Rick

Crazed Addict,
Yeah I got a large marquee...interesting thing.. it says "Apple Industries" in the top right corner.

This was one game I was hoping for a mini-marquee. Now I have to make one...

(It's 11:15 here in Chicago and I have to work 'till 9:30. This is going to be a LLOOOONNNNGGGG day)

RyoGeo

Global Moderator, Voice of Reason, Member #13
I am wondering if this release comes under some older distribution contract that Apple had. If I recall correctly, this release looks like all of the other releases that came from Apple (no mini).

There was some litigation between Apple and whatever the SNK entity was named at the time about distribution rights and what not. I bet this release has something to do with settling up that prior agreement. I wouldn't be surprised if there were maybe 1 or so more releases through Apple and then nothing else.

Pure guess work on my part, but just trying to make sense of it all.

the binary c0de

Kasumi Todoh's Training Partner
20 Year Member
How vain of them to think we will all dedicate our cabs to these new games taking out the other 1, or 3, or 5 carts. Do they not understand how important our beloved MM's are?

neo-geo 2

Raiden's Valet
If you all can send me some scans of the artwork, ill make a kick ass looking mini.

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
Apple on the Marquee? Ick! Looks like a Japanese kit for me... hehe, just kidding, I don't really care and won't display the large marquee anyway.

However, is it of atleast a good quality? The older large marquees were real stiff heavy laminated paper... the newer ones have been thin paper crap!

-Nick

Rick

Crazed Addict,
the large marquee is definitely the heavy duty type; it looks cool enough, but I can't use it for my 4slot.

On a side note, I wonder if the home cart will be censored. On the dip sheet instructions there is the "3 levels of violence" thing that other Sam Sho's have. Level one=White Blood & No Suicides, Level 2=White Blood & Suicides, Level 3=Red Blood & Suicides.

It would suck if Samurai games continue to be censored, but with their track record for US releases...

Spike Spiegel

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
Now that is just gay.... I was hoping to have this in my cab, and I hate having a game in there with no marquee. Shit.

Why do they do this sometimes? I know there was a stetch here a few years ago that had no marquees as well. WTF?

Spike

chris1

POCKETBIKE NUT,
I think it sucks not having a mini marquee..I hate when they do that..
I love putting the mini marqees in the cab to match the cart..
If I had a second cab,with the smaller top,I still wouldn't change the top large marquee to put in the large marquee that comes with the game..
That totally kills a cab with more than 1 slot..WTF..

I hang those large marquees on the wall.

It should be offered with both a small and large marquee,even if it the small marquee is paper....
(that's better then nothing)
I like the small plexy marquees better,but paper I can deal with..

Just my opinion..as a MVS cart and player.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
chris1 said:
Just my opinion..as a MVS cart and player.
Wow... You're an MVS cart ?
Of which game and how much are you worth ? :rolleyes:

Just teasing you... (yeah that may not have been funny, whatever :p)

Decepticon

Mizuki's Demon
That just sucks....hopefully after SVC all the upcoming carts come with a MM and Apple stays FAR AWAY from anything Neo related.

Lee Gray

SSVS Special Plz..., Buying & Selling that, Never
I think mini marquees are a cool part of the kit, even if you have a supergun and no cabinet to stick it on,

If however you are a vendor/operator with a 4 or 6 slot machine, you are going to want a mini marquee in the cabinet to advertise you got the game in there, or people will just see the same old marquees as before and not bother checking if a new game is in.

Large marquees are cool too but they are not a patch on the mini ones
The jamma board of snk vs capcom never had a mini marquee and now i wonder if they will bother adding one for the kit when its released.