Blue's Journey appreciation thread

Freelancer

Banned
Blue's Journey, for whatever reason, just doesn't seem to get the respect it deserves from the Neo community. Well, I have and always will be a fan of the Neo's first "Mario-clone" ever since I played it for the first time back in 1991 on some Wal-Mart MVS. Such is my love for the game that I just purchased a brand new copy on AES and have been playing it non-stop the last few nights!

What's not to like? Great graphics, addictive gameplay, precise control, hidden secrets, multiple paths, shops, and some cool characters! For a 1990 game, Blue's Journey rivaled and exceeded the most popular platform games of the era and STILL manages to impress!

The difficulty balance is near-perfect, and finding the right weapon for the right situation is part of the fun! Not only that, but the various stages have enough variety to keep you interested throughout!

Anyone ever beat this on one credit? What are your best memories and strategies for this great game? Feel free to list any secrets that you may have found as well! Such a fine game deserves more credit and respect than what it currently receives! :)

rimm_rs

Banned
agreed.

i beat it just last night (both paths) and think it a FANTASTIC piece of software... really great

kafuin_gaira

Viewpoint Vigilante
i've wanted to snag a copy of this for the longest time, and finally got the home cart on it's way this week. i dunno what it is about the game that is so appealing, but i enjoy the heck out of it. i'll be sure to post more once i get to play for the first time ;)

one

i'm a closet blue's journey fan. but i guess its time to come out. i used to play it back in middle school in 91 and 92 at a corner store near school. i went by that store last week and its the same damn owner but the bastard got rid of all his games, errr! anyways its been on my list of neo games to get for a while.

Freelancer

Banned
This is shocking to say the least....only 3 members here have any sort of appreciation for Blue's Journey???

:oh_no:

Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit watchu' talkin' bout man? BIG TIME Blue's Journey fan here... only when I bougt my copy for my 1st of 5 AES systems it was called RAGUY. Tried as I might... I never did beat the game though... for some reason I would just call it a day at a certain point. But I'll agree and say that it never got teh love it deserved, but when you think that it was released on a system almost none could afford back in the day... it was naturally going to be overshadowed by SMB and Sonic The Hedgehog.

MD20XX / Storm Rider

Denus

Kuroko's Training Dummy
I bought this game a few days ago: still waiting for delivery... :annoyed:

Denus

Kuroko's Training Dummy
Heheh: I've received the game 5 minutes after my previous reply... :D

Oh boy: at last a non-fightning game for the Neo..... :buttrock:

SHO

Raiden's Valet
i bought this game a few days ago
got it today

its quite good, but i wouldnt call it a mario beater

i have an english version but its playing in japaness cos i have a jap system, damn it

would the debug kit allow me to play this in english?

SHO

Raiden's Valet
redrum666 said:
yes

i have game its pretty good game i see y it gos for so cheep on ebay

yea i picked mine up for £20 including postage = roughly $32
not bad!

want to buy for $40? lol only kidding! :glee:

My first Neo game

Back in 1992, when I bought my first aes,
I got it with Baseball Stars and Blue's journey,
after a couple of hours, my BS stop working properly
and I had no choice but to play a lot of my only left game: BJ, it was a fun game then,
so I played and I played, so much that I get sick of this game
and with my summer's money I got a brand new Fatal fury 2 game, who turn out to be defective because 90% of the time the sound, voice and sound effect were not there.
The west coast company said it was a common problem and didn't want to replace it or refund me.
So I cry and I played again with Blue...and FF2 without the sound!!!

PPPffff, I think I'm an old timer!!!

:crying:

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler
Everytime we went to Hershey Park my family would stay at this Sheraton Hotel.

And they still have (hopefully) a 4 slot with, Ninja Combat, Sengoku1, I think BaseBall Stars Pro and Blue's.

Everytime I was there I allways played Blue's. I loved the game, and loved the Engrish. I liked how when you went into the shop and clicked on the girl she said, I'm not for sale! and the second time, she'd yell at you and throw you out. Funny stuff.

This is one of the MVS games that I really want to get. I loved it but I'd love it even more to own it.

chris1

POCKETBIKE NUT,
YuckMud said:
Everytime we went to Hershey Park my family would stay at this Sheraton Hotel.

And they still have (hopefully) a 4 slot with, Ninja Combat, Sengoku1, I think BaseBall Stars Pro and Blue's.

Everytime I was there I allways played Blue's. I loved the game, and loved the Engrish. I liked how when you went into the shop and clicked on the girl she said, I'm not for sale! and the second time, she'd yell at you and throw you out. Funny stuff.

This is one of the MVS games that I really want to get. I loved it but I'd love it even more to own it.

Wow!!
A MVS cab in the Sheraton..near Hershey Park..
Oh man,I haven't been to Hershey Park since I was young.
I don't even remember here it's located.

I wonder if they still have that cab..
Anyway to find out..?

QUOTE]Originally posted by YuckMud
I liked how when you went into the shop and clicked on the girl she said, I'm not for sale! and the second time, she'd yell at you and throw you out.

LOL..I would click at her everytime I went into the shop,just to hear her say that and throw me out...:tickled:

Oh yea..I also like this game a lot..
Into the Cab it goes tomorrow.

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler
The only way I could tell is if I went there. Last time I went a few years ago they were renovaiting the whole place, so hopefully they didn't get rid of the few arcade games they have.

chris1

POCKETBIKE NUT,
YuckMud said:
The only way I could tell is if I went there. Last time I went a few years ago they were renovaiting the whole place, so hopefully they didn't get rid of the few arcade games they have.

so hopefully they didn't get rid of the few arcade games they have

Damn,it could be gone..:(

gemen

Mickey's Coach
Just bought this game, and wait for the delivery. Really nice to read this thread.

SHO

Raiden's Valet
starting to annoy me now....every time i go into the shop i dont know what is happening! :blow_top:

i need a debug bios!!! :help:

Setsuna1982

World Her,
i've beaten it on one credit LOTS of time. It's a really easy game to complete.

1- Jungle
2- Lava world
- Get the teleport to the end of the world (you know, in stage 2- 2 falling near the wall you have a secret house)
3- Snow Level (piece of cake)
4- Daruma Empire: The fly is quite easy just jump when it's attacking. Daruma itself is easy. Just hit the yoyo with the leaf and jump over the saws. then launch the yoyo

As I said, pretty easy

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
This is one of the few Neo games I have never played. Does it play mostly like Mario? Seems like it's the same price on MVS and AES.

Fran

today forever
20 Year Member
Setsuna1982 said:

1- Jungle
2- Lava world
- Get the teleport to the end of the world (you know, in stage 2- 2 falling near the wall you have a secret house)
4- Daruma Empire: The fly is quite easy just jump when it's attacking. Daruma itself is easy. Just hit the yoyo with the leaf and jump over the saws. then launch the yoyo

As I said, pretty easy

so what ? what's the point ?

who cares if it's easy after you know everything about the game ?

raguy ( just like magician lord ) still looks amazing afte 15 years and it's easily one of my favourite neo games

Gemant

Member,
Setsuna1982 said:

1- Jungle
2- Lava world

As I said, pretty easy

your score?

soulthug

Wannabe Thug,, born 1991
15 Year Member
Shittymer of a game.

C'est terrible platformer.