Pochi to nya delayed

deffty

Kula's Candy
I think the announcement meant
the Pochi no nya MVS game had been postpone /killed? with regret.

The date below(17/10/2003) is the date which the announcement was made.

Correct me if I am wrong.

I don't think we will ever see the lights of the game as it seem they take too long to produced a puzzle game just for MVS.
Maybe for other platform?
:confused:

gozu+mezu

Morden's Lackey
maybe here is the babelfish translation:

"Customer everyone

We appreciate from in your Dear Sir-Madam usually patronage.

Well in our company sale licensed product ' MVS edition ƒ|ƒ`ƒb the ‚á - ' is, but, it is the circumstance that indeed is the limit of regret it postpones sale at present, with circumstances.
As our company, selling agency tight - with the way, as been able to send also moment to the origin of everyone quickly, because it starts striving and endeavoring, pardon flatly.

2003 October 17th
Takeshi Matsuoka limited company ƒAƒCƒL Chief Executive Officer'

gozu+mezu

Morden's Lackey
the page say that the game is delayed, and not abored. :buttrock:

ps: merci à Takuma et Hikaru1 de NGF.

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
Ah well... sounded pants anyway thanks to Shito's review of it :annoyed:

-Nick

Robert

20 Year Member
I still don't understand why this game was never mentionned in the snkplaymore website.

gozu+mezu

Morden's Lackey
I think that it's because Snkplaymore has nothing to do with the game, it's an Aiky game.

Shito

King of Typists,
20 Year Member
Anyway, the game I tested was 100% complete.

Maybe Aiky has just problems with actual production run of the game?

Scalpeur

Genam's Azami Sharpener
I don't anderstand playmore. Why don't they support this game.
It seems really good, well programmed and so on.
Moreover it's a new game for the MVS, a system that playmore want to use for at least 2 more years...

I wonder if playmore isn't already creating a reflexion game for the neo... hum...

Anyway, this delayed is strange indeed...

editor

n00b
STinger Report = Pocho to Nya no SNKP?

The 'Stinger Report' AMShow coverage stated that the game was shown on the Taito booth:

(Stinger #224)
...The big shocks were the appearance of an SNK Playmore MVS cartridge called ‘Pocchitto Nyan’, by Aiky. The game will be the eighth MVS release from Taito, but one of the most contentious as this game will be going up against other SNKP titles, the corporation highly protective of their newly acquired platform...

This was reported as a third party distribution for Aiky by Taito, as SNKP had negated interest in this exSNK studio team. I would write the game off by the tone of the message, as it tested poorly after AMShow and Taito is focusing on A1 titles. But hey those crazy guys in Japan may surprise us all at AOU?

ResO

water damaged
20 Year Member
I sure hope this title gets released, I think it's about time we get a new puzzle game for the MVS. I've contacted Compile/Aiky and they told me that Taito would be in charge of distribution. However, when I contacted Taito, they seemed to be completely unaware of the game...

*damn*

Last edited:

Decepticon

Mizuki's Demon
Im going to write this game off as vaporware.

Neither side knows what is going on...that is a very bad sign that it will never see the light of day.

Tarma

Old Man
20 Year Member
Sadly this loks like it's going to head off into unreleased proto territory... a dark and unforbidding land ruled by Billy Pitt and his rabid fanaticism of everything proto.

I seriously doubt, however, that this will be even remotely easy to get hold of, although one could go camp by Taito's dumpster in the hope that the mvs carts gets tossed in the trash.

ResO

water damaged
20 Year Member
Tarma said:
Sadly this loks like it's going to head off into unreleased proto territory... a dark and unforbidding land ruled by Billy Pitt and his rabid fanaticism of everything proto.

I seriously doubt, however, that this will be even remotely easy to get hold of, although one could go camp by Taito's dumpster in the hope that the mvs carts gets tossed in the trash.

*ResOGlas starts packing up his camping equipment*

aria

Former Moderator
I don't think its vaporware yet.

Puzzle games are always worth releasing on the Neo, and NITD and Zupapa proved they're still work digging up and releasing.

Maybe (and this isn't too far fetched) SNK-P will purchase the rights to this version and release it themselves?

Who knows...

Decepticon

Mizuki's Demon
Bobak said:
I don't think its vaporware yet.

Puzzle games are always worth releasing on the Neo, and NITD and Zupapa proved they're still work digging up and releasing.

Maybe (and this isn't too far fetched) SNK-P will purchase the rights to this version and release it themselves?

Who knows...

I too think that a puzzle game will work...the Neo needs more variety but I just dont see this game ever seeing the light of day.

RevQuixo

Rugal's Panther
20 Year Member
Re: STinger Report = Pocho to Nya no SNKP?

editor said:

(Stinger #224)
...The big shocks were the appearance of an SNK Playmore MVS cartridge called ‘Pocchitto Nyan’, by Aiky. The game will be the eighth MVS release from Taito, but one of the most contentious as this game will be going up against other SNKP titles, the corporation highly protective of their newly acquired platform...

Umm.. Eight Taito MVS titles?

Puzzle Bobble / Bust-A-Move
Puzzle Bobble 2 / Bust-A-Move Again
Power Spikes 2..guess Taito had a hand in that

Well that's 3...what are the other 4?

Last edited:

RevQuixo

Rugal's Panther
20 Year Member
Re: Re: STinger Report = Pocho to Nya no SNKP?

double post

Last edited:

editor

n00b
Re: Taito

‘Puzzle Bobble’ 94 by TAITO, Asian variations

‘Bust A Move’ 94 by TAITO, American variations

‘Puzzle De Pon’ 95 by 2’ by Visco Corp., / bought, sold, and
distributed by TAITO

‘Power Spikes 2’ 95 by Video System / bought, sold, and
distributed by TAITO

‘Puzzle De Pon R’ 97 by TAITO, American variations

‘Puzzle Bobble 2’ 99 by TAITO, Asian variations

‘Bust A Move Again’ 99 by TAITO

‘Pocchitto Nyan’ (tbd) by Aiky / bought, sold, and
distributed by TAITO

Decepticon

Mizuki's Demon
Re: Re: Taito

editor said:
‘Puzzle Bobble’ 94 by TAITO, Asian variations

‘Bust A Move’ 94 by TAITO, American variations

‘Puzzle De Pon’ 95 by 2’ by Visco Corp., / bought, sold, and
distributed by TAITO

‘Power Spikes 2’ 95 by Video System / bought, sold, and
distributed by TAITO

‘Puzzle De Pon R’ 97 by TAITO, American variations

‘Puzzle Bobble 2’ 99 by TAITO, Asian variations

‘Bust A Move Again’ 99 by TAITO

‘Pocchitto Nyan’ (tbd) by Aiky / bought, sold, and
distributed by TAITO

You have to be shitting me!?

This idiot thinks that a game released in 2 different countries makes 2 different games?

GOOD NEWS EVERYBODY THERE ARE NOW 3 TIMES THE NUMBER OF TITLES RELEASED FOR THE NEO GEO!

Now if you are just misinformed (as it sometimes is the case) Puzzle Bobble = Bust-A-Move

bokmeow

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
Re: Re: Re: Taito

Decepticon said:
You have to be shitting me!?

This idiot thinks that a game released in 2 different countries makes 2 different games?

GOOD NEWS EVERYBODY THERE ARE NOW 3 TIMES THE NUMBER OF TITLES RELEASED FOR THE NEO GEO!

Now if you are just misinformed (as it sometimes is the case) Puzzle Bobble = Bust-A-Move

sashimi.jpg

RevQuixo

Rugal's Panther
20 Year Member
Not only that, but I'm not sure Puzzle de Pon R had a US release...my "english label" cart (which is probably European) only has Visco on it.

In fact I think that the only thing Taito had to do with the PdP games is that they licensed the game engine to Visco.

Last edited:

Decepticon

Mizuki's Demon
RevQuixo said:
Not only that, but I'm not sure Puzzle de Pon R had a US release...my "english label" cart (which is probably European) only has Visco on it.

Uh-oh then that makes 9 as you know it is outside of Japan, 10 if you count the Japanese cart that he forgot to mention.