PDA

View Full Version : SVC MVS Cart pricing

Decepticon
10-21-2003, 02:47 AM
Posted by Trieu over at S-C.com

It's been the dream of many MVS fans out there to finally own a piece of history...on the MVS format.

After tens of thousands of Jamma SVC Boards have been sold worldwide and sold out completely, the natural step was to release SVC Chaos on the true MVS format, which is in cartridge form.

For those who bought the bootleg cartridge, where you encounter some graphical problems, good for you, I'm glad you have those problems and if there's any redemption to support such a market, you can still buy the real deal.

Cost....drum roll....

Between $200-240.00. Nice, oh yeah.

Pre-orders for the S-C Store will open shortly, once we have confirmed the exact price.

All I got to say is HOLY SHIT!

*Edit*
Linkie (http://www.snk-capcom.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=3587)

Robert Wallace
10-21-2003, 02:59 AM
Hell Yes!!!!

This will be my fist purchase at Trieuminators store, Im definatly buying one.

:cool: :mr_t: :multi_co: :buttrock: :D

Sweet price too......... I wonder what or if there will be any promotional items too?:eye: :eye:

Decepticon
10-21-2003, 03:03 AM
Originally posted by Robert Wallace
I wonder what or if there will be any promotional items too?:eye: :eye:

Who cares!? :D

Overall I can't believe the price....I just hope it works with my Phantom.

johnroche
10-21-2003, 07:31 AM
This is pretty nice. I have to say I'm happy about this.

And Decepticon, I share your sentiments re: the Phantom-1.

And hell--even without promotional items, $200-240 is a pretty good price. (of course, it can only get better ^_-)

BlackSpy
10-21-2003, 07:39 AM
That is a very keen price!

RabbitTroop
10-21-2003, 07:50 AM
After tens of thousands of Jamma SVC Boards have been sold worldwide and sold out completely...

I for one am having a hard time believing that statement. I mean, I want it to be true, but tens of thousands? Come on...

But yes, the price looks good to me... I'll be getting this one on launch... Even though SS5 is wowing me now!

-Nick

Talen
10-21-2003, 07:53 AM
Congrats MVS fans. Let the good times roll.:cool:

Piccolo_DBz
10-21-2003, 07:57 AM
Hope it's 199.

Shapermc
10-21-2003, 08:40 AM
Originally posted by nruva
I for one am having a hard time believing that statement. I mean, I want it to be true, but tens of thousands? Come on...
No your not. Perhaps he ment a thousand and ten? I did not think it had that large of a print run.

RabbitTroop
10-21-2003, 08:46 AM
Originally posted by Shapermc
No your not. Perhaps he ment a thousand and ten? I did not think it had that large of a print run.

;)

-Nick

Magnaflux
10-21-2003, 09:17 AM
NO ESCAPE!

:buttrock:

Blue Steel
10-21-2003, 09:25 AM
Can I get a hell yeah?! I hope the release date is close to the AES release, because I really want to finally own it. AES would still be cool to have, but I'm planning on getting a cab in December so as long as it works with my Phantom 1 I'll be getting the best of both worlds. The Neo scene is anything but dead. Quick question, does anyone know of any SVC locations in or close to Baltimore Maryland other than the White Marsh mall? I need to get my fix this weekend and I would rather play it at the inner harbor, if there is one? Anybody know? Thanks.

misshotback
10-21-2003, 09:46 AM
YES!! What a good way to start the day.

BoriquaSNK
10-21-2003, 09:50 AM
GREAT NEWS!!! I hope this is true.

td741
10-21-2003, 10:33 AM
Hmm... Better start paying off my CC to make room for this. ;)

firebomber
10-21-2003, 10:38 AM
I will be buying this in real earnest. Glad I restrained myself from getting the board

RabbitTroop
10-21-2003, 10:39 AM
Originally posted by firebomber
I will be buying this in real earnest. Glad I restrained myself from getting the board

Likewise... I can't believe I am getting an MVS cart of this game.....

I also can't believe that SS5 looks killer... and there is a freaking music game on the horizon for the MVS... HOLY CRAP I AM HAPPY!

-Nick

DBS
10-21-2003, 10:49 AM
I wonder if the Neo-store's price will be cheaper, considering Shawn represents the official distributor of legit US Neo Geo games. Did Trieu specify whether the MVS kit will be Japanese or English?

Either way, I'll be getting one as soon as it's released.

Lagduf
10-21-2003, 11:00 AM
Good things come to those who wait :buttrock:

Amix
10-21-2003, 11:42 AM
Originally posted by DBS
I wonder if the Neo-store's price will be cheaper, considering Shawn represents the official distributor of legit US Neo Geo games.

For AES I believe.

geekabilly
10-21-2003, 01:45 PM
Is this going to be a small release?? Or a full release?:drool_2:

Decepticon
10-21-2003, 01:50 PM
Originally posted by geekabilly
Is this going to be a small release?? Or a full release?:drool_2:

Noone outside of Playmore knows for sure.

Im betting that it will be a somewhat small run as compared to games that were released as MVS cart only. Remember their primary consumer for arcade carts/boards already has their copy of the game so they will probably not buy it again.

Chicago Cheeseburgler Crew
10-21-2003, 01:51 PM
Will Shawn have these at the same time and price as Trieu?

I have a SvC homecart preorder with Shawn that I would like to switch over to the MVS.

I need the MVS as soon as possible. :buttrock:

geekabilly
10-21-2003, 01:52 PM
Thats what i was thinking... hope they have enuff*:buttrock:

Decepticon
10-21-2003, 01:59 PM
Screw everyone else....my debit card is ready to go :)

OmegaSaber
10-21-2003, 02:07 PM
Shit! Someone grab me a new pair of pants!

RabbitTroop
10-21-2003, 02:19 PM
Originally posted by Decepticon
Noone outside of Playmore knows for sure.

Im betting that it will be a somewhat small run as compared to games that were released as MVS cart only. Remember their primary consumer for arcade carts/boards already has their copy of the game so they will probably not buy it again.

Building on that, Playmore also said that they are completly sold out of boards and there is demand for this cart... so they might do a decent sized run! It's hard to tell,

-Nick

Robert
10-21-2003, 02:25 PM
200-240$ seems to be really low for a brand new MVS game. What is the explanation of such a price?

RabbitTroop
10-21-2003, 02:27 PM
Originally posted by Robert
200-240$ seems to be really low for a brand new MVS game. What is the explanation of such a price?

1) It's not new (this is HARDLY a brand new game)
2) It's not in as high demand
3) The JAMMA board is about the same price
4) The bootleg is at $160-200 now

Makes perfect sense to me!

-Nick

Evil Wasabi
10-21-2003, 02:28 PM
Originally posted by Robert

Explanation: It's not new :p

Decepticon
10-21-2003, 02:32 PM
Building on that, Playmore also said that they are completly sold out of boards and there is demand for this cart... so they might do a decent sized run! It's hard to tell,

-Nick

Hell I hope they "ROTD" it and in 12 months time the kit is $35 a piece but we all know they learned their lesson a tad too soon in this case.

m_bish0p
10-21-2003, 02:40 PM
yes!!!

This was worth waiting for!!

I kept hoping and hoping that I wouldn't get fucked out of this game. Now, let's see that price drop....if they ROTD it, It'll be my second kit ever!!

Decepticon
10-21-2003, 02:43 PM
Originally posted by m_bish0p
yes!!!

This was worth waiting for!!

I kept hoping and hoping that I wouldn't get fucked out of this game. Now, let's see that price drop....if they ROTD it, It'll be my second kit ever!!

This is going to be my 2nd new kit ever. I have 8 full kits though and #9 is on its way. :D

Geezer
10-21-2003, 02:53 PM
Hell I hope they "ROTD" it and in 12 months time the kit is $35 a piece but we all know they learned their lesson a tad too soon in this case.

What do you mean by "ROTD" it?

Did they produce too many or something? or is it cheap because of the incompatibilities with certain motherboards?

Decepticon
10-21-2003, 03:02 PM
Originally posted by Geezer

Did they produce too many or something? or is it cheap because of the incompatibilities with certain motherboards?

They produced way too many. That's why you see them now for $35 new which I dont think any other MVS kit can even come close to that.

Then with Matrimelee they made too few IMO and the price will never go down.

Hell SVC is debuting at less than what Matrimelee is selling for now months later.

m_bish0p
10-21-2003, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by Geezer

They over-produced it so much that the game set an all-time record for fastest dropping price. I got mine for 44$, BRAND NEW, here at the neo store. If you don't have one, pick up a copy today.

It's a good game, they just made twice as many as they needed to.

I don't think the board incompatabilities really hurt sales, but I'm no expert on the subject.

Geezer
10-21-2003, 03:07 PM
They over-produced it so much that the game set an all-time record for fastest dropping price. I got mine for 44$, BRAND NEW, here at the neo store. If you don't have one, pick up a copy today.

I don't think the board incompatabilities really hurt sales, but I'm no expert on the subject.

My kit arrived this morning:)
Courtesy of Solidus Snake:)

Now I'm just waiting on my motherboard and deciding between a cab and supergun before I can actually play it:D

Decepticon
10-21-2003, 03:07 PM

I still have yet to have a single problem with any of my MVS games on my Phantom....Im beginning to think that I have the holy grail of Phantom/NGH combo ($1500 shipped to your door) and every single cart will work with it.....Bring it on MSX!

Peet1979
10-21-2003, 03:15 PM
This is very very GOOD news!!

I don't have any experience with the Snk/Capcom website, can anyone tell me something about their service etc. And do they also ship internationally?

And last question: does the MVS kit also has extra's, comparing to the Jamma set?

Thanks guys !

Shinji
10-21-2003, 03:18 PM
I find it abit disturbing that you so called "fans" wish for a game to crash like ROTD. I'm sure that it hurt both Shawn, and SNKP.

Decepticon
10-21-2003, 03:22 PM
Originally posted by Shinji
I find it abit disturbing that you so called "fans" wish for a game to crash like ROTD. I'm sure that it hurt both Shawn, and SNKP.

When it comes out I am buying it already so it doesn't matter how much it goes down to. I am a consumer and would love to get the best price possible for the game.

Amano Jacu
10-21-2003, 03:52 PM

Yeah you are right, we should want the MVS market to turn like the AES one and pay big $$$ for the "rare" and "minty" titles... :rolleyes:

What's wrong in wanting something to be cheap? If you don't spend thousands of dollars on a game then you can't be a "true fan"? :shame:

Evil Wasabi
10-21-2003, 04:00 PM
I still have yet to have a single problem with any of my MVS games on my Phantom....Im beginning to think that I have the holy grail of Phantom/NGH combo ($1500 shipped to your door) and every single cart will work with it.....Bring it on MSX!
I'm hopefully one of these holy grail owners too...
$1400 shipped to your door, better price. :D
Nah I'm not selling anything...

Shinji
10-21-2003, 04:24 PM
Originally posted by Amano Jacu
Yeah you are right, we should want the MVS market to turn like the AES one and pay big $$$ for the "rare" and "minty" titles... :rolleyes:

What's wrong in wanting something to be cheap? If you don't spend thousands of dollars on a game then you can't be a "true fan"? :shame:
Wow, go and twist around what I say. Pent up anger? You have to be a fucking moron if you believe that SNKP payed 35 dollars just to MAKE the game. That doesn't include boxing, printing of marquees, of move lists, etc. So in other words, it screwed both SNKP and everyone who stocked up on them. Might as well wish for SNK to die.

Amano Jacu
10-21-2003, 04:47 PM
Wow, go and twist around what I say. Pent up anger? You have to be a fucking moron if you believe that SNKP payed 35 dollars just to MAKE the game. That doesn't include boxing, printing of marquees, of move lists, etc. So in other words, it screwed both SNKP and everyone who stocked up on them. Might as well wish for SNK to die.

I think it's you who twists what we said... We only want its price to drop before we can get it, as we are no arcade operators, we only want to fucking PLAY the game. I don't think nobody said we want this title to be overproduced just like ROTD (and that was their fault, nobody asked them to do so), we only said that we expect their price to drop, just like almost any other MVS release.

And about the costs... do you think producing a MVS game costs the 1800$ they charge at launch? Again you are confusing the home mvs users (which SNKP, underestandably doesn't care for) and the arcades... It is possible that they covered the ROTD costs during its TRUE life, the arcade one.

games91999
10-21-2003, 05:19 PM
heres the good news about this:
1- its finally coming in real mvs format
2- for those of us that bought the pcb board (myself included) it will not be as hard to buy this as well and keep BOTH to collect
3- all those that bought the bootleg L:shame: :shame: K STUPID AS HELL!!
4- it is the REAL DEAL mvs

the bad news (for only a few ou there):
1- STUPID AS BOOT MAKERS/SELLERS GET FUCKED!! (its beautiful)

ENOUGH WITH THE DEBATE, ITS GOOD NEWS NO MATTER WHAT!!

and NO MORE debate about price drops, just buy the game to play!!

Lagduf
10-21-2003, 05:24 PM
Originally posted by games91999
heres the good news about this:

3- all those that bought the bootleg L:shame: :shame: K STUPID

Heh, so true.

RabbitTroop
10-21-2003, 05:37 PM
OK let's revive the old thread... who wants to guess the cart shell color!?

After seeing the artwork, I am thinking yellow, but that was Matrimelee... hmmm... Blue? Anyone want to guess... I am off to dig up the old thread!

-Nick

Lagduf
10-21-2003, 05:46 PM
OK let's revive the old thread... who wants to guess the cart shell color!?

After seeing the artwork, I am thinking yellow, but that was Matrimelee... hmmm... Blue? Anyone want to guess... I am off to dig up the old thread!

-Nick

Yellow or Orange would be nice.

djdelly
10-21-2003, 06:25 PM
[B}
I also can't believe that SS5 looks killer... and there is a freaking music game on the horizon for the MVS... HOLY CRAP I AM HAPPY!

-Nick [/B]

Music game???

firebomber
10-21-2003, 06:37 PM
I'm guessing blue... or black like the SSV cart.

Robert Wallace
10-21-2003, 06:49 PM
Originally posted by djdelly
Music game???

I was wondering the same thing..........Nruva whats the music game?

I dont keep up on all the News and Rumors.

RabbitTroop
10-21-2003, 06:51 PM
Originally posted by djdelly
Music game???

Don't sleep on Neo-Geo.com... ever... there will be a quiz... ok... here's my notes, but stay awake next time!

http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=65894

-Nick

Tiptonium
10-21-2003, 09:09 PM
Yowza! Now that's a great price.

VanillaThunder
10-21-2003, 09:13 PM
Originally posted by Robert Wallace
I was wondering the same thing..........Nruva whats the music game?

I dont keep up on all the News and Rumors.

Dance Rhythm Mix or something like that.

It's by ADK.

I'm interested to see how they're going to do it, myself!

OmegaSaber
10-21-2003, 09:20 PM
I'd like to see a blue cart, but it doesn't really matter.

T_Smallz
10-21-2003, 09:31 PM
You know what they say! Once you go black you never go back!

Nothing better than a complete collection of black cart casings...

Shinji
10-21-2003, 09:51 PM
I'd really like a clearish case, like the boot. But, as SonGohan pointed out, it allows the EPROMs to be open in the light, allowing them to have a chance of getting whiped.

Decepticon
10-21-2003, 09:57 PM
I'd really like a clearish case, like the boot. But, as SonGohan pointed out, it allows the EPROMs to be open in the light, allowing them to have a chance of getting whiped.

The official cart shouldn't have any EEPROMS to be erased by UV light.

games91999
10-21-2003, 09:58 PM
i'd like to see an original/hardly used color for this one; red, SILVER/GREY, yellow, etc. something original for this bad ass game! just a thought.

Shinji
10-21-2003, 10:01 PM
The official cart shouldn't have any EEPROMS to be erased by UV light.

Gotcha....sorry, i'm just 100 unclear about the inner workings. But still, clear would ROCK. (and it wouldn't do what it could do to the boot)

Decepticon
10-21-2003, 10:40 PM
Im all for some obscure, never used color. Red to my knowledge has never been used and would be a great option for a game that stands out such as this one.

Also a few limited gold ones a la Zelda would be cool as well.

ShockXtreatment
10-21-2003, 10:43 PM
what about a see thru silver-blue =):drool:

RyoGeo
10-21-2003, 10:45 PM
My favorites are still the seldom used translucent green.

I am betting that it will be a never before used color though to help ID boots.

RabbitTroop
10-21-2003, 10:48 PM
Originally posted by ShockXtreatment

OH OH OH GOD

http://www.16-bitglorydays.com/temp/fapper.jpg

-Nick

Decepticon
10-21-2003, 11:01 PM

Sweet Christ that would be awesome!

KOF_FANATIK
10-21-2003, 11:12 PM

I really hope snk-p read your post Tu.:buttrock:

BlackSpy
10-22-2003, 03:05 AM
Im all for some obscure, never used color. Red to my knowledge has never been used and would be a great option for a game that stands out such as this one.

Also a few limited gold ones a la Zelda would be cool as well.
Red turns up on some Korean carts (and as far as Im aware, only Korean carts though that sounds too organised for SNK really).

Id like one like Bang Bead where the cart is two colours, clear and black.

Perhaps some groovy medley like that is worth revisting?

Amano Jacu
10-22-2003, 03:51 AM
Actually, I have an original English RED Kof 98 MVS cart.

Personally, I never cared for case colors, I have lots of different ones: mostly black, but 3 white, 2 red, some transparent, one translucid green, 2 green, one translucid blue... It's like the rainbow! So I would like to get a color I still don't have. :drool:

John_Smith
10-22-2003, 04:03 AM
I'm still pretty stoked with my transparent yellow 'Nightmare in the Dark'.

It sure would be good to have all of em the same non-standard color no matter what region and certainly transparency would help identify boots too.;)

alec
10-22-2003, 01:48 PM
must buy this game

NOW!!!! (in arnold voice)

Decepticon
10-22-2003, 02:01 PM
Come on Trieu....get an official price then start taking orders