roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
no_image_b.jpg

cover art of the year

Spike Spiegel

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
KOF in 3D = the end of the world. I can't help but find both of these things to be equally shitty.

Spike

TheBigBB

Formerly known as dmhawkmoon
Spike Spiegel said:
KOF in 3D = the end of the world. I can't help but find both of these things to be equally shitty.

Spike

Yeah yeah, we all know that if it was on the Hyper Neo-Geo 64 you'd own it already and love it! :cool:

jeff bogard

Yamazaki's Wingman,
20 Year Member
I'm not very positive in kof 3d. I agree box cover art of the year

Atro

Who?,
20 Year Member
dmhawkmoon said:
Yeah yeah, we all know that if it was on the Hyper Neo-Geo 64 you'd own it already and love it! :cool:

You might be right, but I still give credit to Spike.
If it was on the Hyper64, it would have been entirely done by the REAL SNK.

So, take out your own conclusions.

kshira

Crazed MVS Addict
Ah yes, it's the "bash the game before you play it technique". This technique is prevalent around these here parts. Pity that all it's good for is spreading negativity and creating a false sense of superiority.

You guys fail to see that this release might actually make SNKP more money so that it can make the kind of games that you will enjoy. Time to look at the bigger picture, folks.

Maybe, the game won't be half bad. It certainly can't be as bad as the previous efforts were and I actually enjoyed Wild Ambtion a little.:D :rolleyes:

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
kshira said:
Ah yes, it's the "bash the game before you play it technique". This technique is prevalent around these here parts. Pity that all it's good for is spreading negativity and creating a false sense of superiority.

You guys fail to see that this release might actually make SNKP more money so that it can make the kind of games that you will enjoy. Time to look at the bigger picture, folks.

Maybe, the game won't be half bad. It certainly can't be as bad as the previous efforts were and I actually enjoyed Wild Ambtion a little.:D :rolleyes:

and somewhere in this you actually had a point?

I missed it.

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
kshira said:
[...] You guys fail to see that this release might actually make SNKP more money so that it can make the kind of games that you will enjoy. Time to look at the bigger picture, folks. [...]

...and you really think that Playmore would think twice before dumping 2D alltogether if all the new 3D crap turns out to be a big seller?

Quite naive I must say.

SilverAngel

Member,
What did everyone think to the 3d samurai showdown? I javent played on it butI have heard that it was good, wouldnt it be like that :)

Syxx573

Azura's Swordsmith
The point is, if a game doesn't cost at least 300 dollars when it's released, it's not worth it.

Ugh, anyway, I played SS64 when it first came out. It's great, and I'd really like to play it again. The game they made for the PS1 is not very good. :(

TB@SNK-Capcom

Quiz Detective
The only confirmed characters that are from the previous KOF's are

Kyo
Iori
Terry.

I think they are going to mainly have all new characters but most of the old classic characters will be in it.

Spike Spiegel

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
Please don't put words in my mouth. If it came out for that... pardon me for saying so... crappy 3D system, I wouldn't get it for that either. I love KOF because it's a great 2D fighter. Why retard it by making it 3D. Hey, make a 3D game, I have nothing wrong with it, but NOT KOF. PLEASE. I love Metroid Prime, and that took a great 2d series into 3D well, so there *is* always hope....

But I doubt it will be good. Sorry, I just cannot get excited. Taking some games into 3D just ruins EVERYTHING about the game. I mean, there's no more rolling, jumping styles, and most likely, all new combos. They MAY keep in some things, but it will be so much different, why even both calling it "KOF"?

Spike

RyoGeo

Global Moderator, Voice of Reason, Member #13
A wider suite of products minimizes risk for any company, providing supporting a wider line does not impose financial hardship. Capcom did this, and look what it got them. A position as a top tier developer.

SNK-P could do much worse than to try and emulate the success of Capcom. This move, whether we like it or not says "smart" for a company looking to sustain itself for the long term. Were Capcom 2-D only, it wouldn't be the Capcom we know today. Isn't it a good thing that it has become what it has? And they still make 2-D stuff, no?

Don't get your thongs in a pucker until there's real reason to do so. It's bad for your blood pressure.:glee:

Spike Spiegel

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
RyoGeo said:
A wider suite of products minimizes risk for any company, providing supporting a wider line does not impose financial hardship. Capcom did this, and look what it got them. A position as a top tier developer.

SNK-P could do much worse than to try and emulate the success of Capcom. This move, whether we like it or not says "smart" for a company looking to sustain itself for the long term. Were Capcom 2-D only, it wouldn't be the Capcom we know today. Isn't it a good thing that it has become what it has? And they still make 2-D stuff, no?

Don't get your thongs in a pucker until there's real reason to do so. It's bad for your blood pressure.:glee:

Maybe you didn't understand me. Hey, you wanna go 3D? Rock on. Just don't make something 3D that doesn't belong. Make brand new series in 3D? Great! Just leave KOF alone.... too late. :mad:

Spike