Super Nova have big problem please Help me!

JetFire

Kuroko's Training Dummy
Hi ! I just received the super nova today. and i play with the SVCC but there is a big problem.
when i plug the S-Video in to the my japanese HDTV . There's no display on the TV but there is sound. so does anyone know what is the problem with my super nova. thank you!

JetFire

Kuroko's Training Dummy
Can someone help!

Does someone know what the problem with my super nova :help:and how much for the JROK. Thanks!

300wins

Conan The Librarian,
I don't know about your Super NOVA problem. But the jrok is roughly $80.

JetFire

Kuroko's Training Dummy
300wins said:
I don't know about your Super NOVA problem. But the jrok is roughly $80.

300wins Thanks for your info.
And someone know where can i buy the 8 pin s-video to 4 pin s- video for the super nova. thank you

Yodd

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
JetFire said:
300wins Thanks for your info.
And someone know where can i buy the 8 pin s-video to 4 pin s- video for the super nova. thank you

You basically have 2 choices.

Either buy one from MAS Systems or build one.

You can see a pinout for it @ http://www.arcade4home.com/

JetFire

Kuroko's Training Dummy
broken said:
You basically have 2 choices.

Either buy one from MAS Systems or build one.

You can see a pinout for it @ http://www.arcade4home.com/

Does radioshack sale the 8 pin s-video to 4 pin s- video cable and i don't want to buy from mas system. thanks

PS. Is it hard to convert the 8 pin s-video to 4 pin s- video cable.

Yodd

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
JetFire said:
Does radioshack sale the 8 pin s-video to 4 pin s- video cable and i don't want to buy from mas system. thanks

PS. Is it hard to convert the 8 pin s-video to 4 pin s- video cable.

You should be able to buy everything you need at Radio shack. An 8 pin din connector (which should be the correct pitch to match up to the SuperNOVA) and then just cut the end off a regular S-video cable and solder it to the 8 pin din end.

JetFire

Kuroko's Training Dummy
But the 4 pin s-video only have 4 wire so how to connect to 8 pin din Connector.

Yodd

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
JetFire said:
But the 4 pin s-video only have 4 wire so how to connect to 8 pin din Connector.

Check the page I linked to.

JetFire

Kuroko's Training Dummy
i went to the webpage. but i'm a bit confused, can you tell me which pins from the 8-pin DIN connector correctly connect to the 4-pin DIN connector?

Matt

Kuroko's Training Dummy
I can make you a Super Nova S-Video cable if you like - send me a PM if you're interested.

If you have some electronics experience, it's very possible to do it yourself, but it would be hard to make one if you don't have much soldering experience.